Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Rrail posted:

I would love to try some Vibrams but the idea of walking around with toe-shoes on and the ridicule that will/should come with that keeps me from it.

You don't know what you're missing out on. I've converted at least a dozen people to them. They're fantastic, if not fashionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I don't know about eggs, but dairy is probably the worst. Once I gave up dairy I started slimming down dramatically. Also, in "The China Study" milk proteim was what dr. campbell used tp give rats cancer. funnily enough, he had actually set out to prove the opposite (that milk protein was good for you). Then he discovered that the group of rats given the high doses of milk protein invariably gave the rats cancer. It's a seriously mind-blowing book.

Wait, what? Dairy is bad for you? Seriously man? I mean don't chug a gallon of whole milk everyday but I'd much rather drink dairy for the health benefits than worry about the possible weight gain it'd give me. Or cancer. Not all fat is bad fat. I drink skim anyways.

Also, eat the loving egg yolks guys. It's where all the nutrients are. It's not loving bad for you unless you already have cholesterol issues.

Go vegan? What?

Bunch of loving girls. Stop worrying about denying yourself from something completely. There's something called moderation.

Vibrams own. Telling people who give me poo poo for them to f off owns. (They're NAVADMIN approved)

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Mar 7, 2012

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My diet involves eating and drinking whatever I want...in moderation. Also, I tend to eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day, with maybe one of five meals being large. The big meal is usually lunch so I have more time to digest. It works pretty well and it's loving delicious.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Christoff posted:

Vibrams own. Telling people who give me poo poo for them to f off owns. (They're NAVADMIN approved)

Only if you wear athletic socks with them! :saddowns:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Well, I've quit smoking now. I'm off the patch now for 3 days, and today I didn't get super mad at 5 pm like the past 2 days.

I really need to get in shape now though. Ugh.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

kombatMedik posted:

Well, I've quit smoking now. I'm off the patch now for 3 days, and today I didn't get super mad at 5 pm like the past 2 days.

I really need to get in shape now though. Ugh.

gently caress yeah bro, I'm three weeks and two days off a pack a day habit. I never realized how much smoking held me back. I still can't lift poo poo, because I have the body of an anorexic coke addicted girl, but I sure feel better.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Christoff posted:

Wait, what? Dairy is bad for you? Seriously man? I mean don't chug a gallon of whole milk everyday but I'd much rather drink dairy for the health benefits than worry about the possible weight gain it'd give me. Or cancer. Not all fat is bad fat. I drink skim anyways.

Also, eat the loving egg yolks guys. It's where all the nutrients are. It's not loving bad for you unless you already have cholesterol issues.

Go vegan? What?

Bunch of loving girls. Stop worrying about denying yourself from something completely. There's something called moderation.

This post owns. It should be the OP. gently caress the haters.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Urgh, I hate being sick and not being able to work out. I might try to get in a light workout today if I feel good enough after work because I'm getting stir crazy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Otto Skorzeny posted:

Only if you wear athletic socks with them! :saddowns:

I haven't had an issue yet even during the PRT with all the big-wigs running around with you.

Phrost
Aug 21, 2004

Your martial art sucks

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Going vegan was probably the best diet relat

"Vegan" or Vegetarian?

Vegans are just Shiite Vegetarians, and there's really no such thing as an actual vegan anyway.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
THERE IS loving COW BLOOD IN MY SPAGHETTI?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

You would think that we would be more excited about blood pasta had we never saw this before...

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
If I eat broccoli fertilized by cow poop would I still be vegan?

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009

gleep glop posted:

If I eat broccoli fertilized by cow poop would I still be vegan?

Yes, but you'd still be a horrible horrible person as that broccoli farm is like an industrial murder machine for field animals.

Shame on you!

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

How dare you use animals as beasts of burden! If you truly wanted to be vegan, you'd fertilize your plants with your own poop!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Whip Slagcheek posted:

How dare you use animals as beasts of burden! If you truly wanted to be vegan, you'd fertilize your plants with your own poop!

What's the legality of Pooping in my yard. My fence is very see through.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya'll a bunch of posers especially you vegans and vegetarians.

The only way to truly be pure is to be a "Breathatarian"

quote:

Breatharianism is a related concept, in which believers claim food and possibly water are not necessary, and that humans can be sustained solely by prana (the vital life force in Hinduism), or, according to some, by the energy in sunlight (according to Ayurveda, sunlight is one of the main sources of prana). The terms breatharianism or inedia may also refer to this philosophy practised as a lifestyle in place of the usual diet.

It's how I maintain my swoleness. Then I do crossfit and do 60 deadlifts with absolutely terrible form. Then 150 power cleans with more poo poo form. The gains, bro!

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 8, 2012

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
This deployment is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me as far as fitness. There's literally nothing to do here except work out. Yay Wednesday night off? Better go run 10 loving miles because otherwise I'm going to sit in my trailer in the CC and listen to people gently caress all night.

That and the chicken. I can get chicken every meal. Every day. gently caress yeah.

420 wear vibrams, deadlift everyday.

smertrioslol fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 8, 2012

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I guess Vegan is a bit of a misnomer, but I do avoid dairy, eggs, and meat as best I can. I don't give a poo poo about animals, really, and if I eat something with a little bit of meat or egg in it, I don't really sweat it. But if it doesn't grow in the ground or off of a tree, I don't eat it. I made my cutoff weight for my height for the first time ever, and after only a few weeks I put up my best APFT score yet. If someone wants to call me a girl for not drinking milk or whatever it's fine, I'm leaner, stronger, and faster than I've ever been and I don't feel tired and lovely all the time. YMMV, but I think I'm gonna stick with it.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
If I end up back in Seattle I think I'm going to try to subsist mainly off of fruit juices made that moment in a nice juicer (with protein mixed in) and good sushi. I, too, am sick of eating like poo poo. I did a "juice fast" (for like 4 days) in 2010 and I actually felt amazing during it.

It's going to be hard to do though because I love Thai so much.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Rrail posted:

If I end up back in Seattle I think I'm going to try to subsist mainly off of fruit juices made that moment in a nice juicer (with protein mixed in) and good sushi. I, too, am sick of eating like poo poo. I did a "juice fast" (for like 4 days) in 2010 and I actually felt amazing during it.

It's going to be hard to do though because I love Thai so much.

Bad news bro.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hahahahahahaha.

So you either read "Christwire" or you read my post and then Googled "thai food homosex". Not sure which is funnier.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Rrail posted:

Hahahahahahaha.

So you either read "Christwire" or you read my post and then Googled "thai food homosex". Not sure which is funnier.

Haha it coincidentally was emailed to me by a friend from law school just this morning. I think "Christwire" is meant to be satirical, since it appears to be endorsed by Rachel Maddow and other liberal boogeymen.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
So I tried the tabata sprints today and Jesus gently caress I want to die. This is the first time that the HIIT stuff has really pushed me to the brink. I'll be doing these sprints more often now.

Also something strange happened at the gym today. I was doing squats @ 205lbs and after my second set I got a bad headache and felt dull pain behind my ears. The pain went away after a minute but I had a bit of a headache for the next hour of my workout. Did I pull a muscle or something? I'm not sore now but maybe I'll feel it tomorrow. I normally don't feel anything like this during squats since my form is really good and I don't overdo the weight.

Phrost
Aug 21, 2004

Your martial art sucks

The Casualty posted:

Also something strange happened at the gym today. I was doing squats @ 205lbs and after my second set I got a bad headache and felt dull pain behind my ears. The pain went away after a minute but I had a bit of a headache for the next hour of my workout. Did I pull a muscle or something? I'm not sore now but maybe I'll feel it tomorrow. I normally don't feel anything like this during squats since my form is really good and I don't overdo the weight.

Sounds like hypertension/high blood pressure. Are you holding your breath during your squats or eating a ton of salt?

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

Phrost posted:

Sounds like hypertension/high blood pressure. Are you holding your breath during your squats or eating a ton of salt?
Nope. I may have held my breath for a beat right at the transition from down to up but I exhaled all the way up. My diet is pretty good and my blood pressure checked fine just a couple weeks ago.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

The Casualty posted:

Nope. I may have held my breath for a beat right at the transition from down to up but I exhaled all the way up. My diet is pretty good and my blood pressure checked fine just a couple weeks ago.

Did you see any insect-like alien creatures in the vicinity, perhaps you were injected with egg sacs

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Dehydration can be a common factor with individuals who get headaches while they work out.

I've also heard a few docs say that they've had people who pressed on a nerve in their back when they do squats, which can result in a headache. Did this happen with any of your other exercises? If not, might just be bar position on your back hitting a nerve.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006

Whiny baby

MurderBot posted:

Dehydration can be a common factor with individuals who get headaches while they work out.

I've also heard a few docs say that they've had people who pressed on a nerve in their back when they do squats, which can result in a headache. Did this happen with any of your other exercises? If not, might just be bar position on your back hitting a nerve.
I'd wager on bar position. The bar felt like it was in the usual spot, about even with my shoulder blades. The pain was noticeable but not bad on my 3rd set, and bad enough I had to sit down for a fee minutes after the 4th. Nothing else affected me or even really made my headache worse. Now that I'm out of bed and moving around the back of my neck right at the base of my skull is sore.

All I drink during the week is water so hydration hasn't been an issue lately. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary with my pre-game piss.

The Casualty fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 9, 2012

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

I was bored and super stiff from land nav'ing through mud and woods and having to run 7 clicks through it to get back to my finish point because it took me almost a hour to go up and down a trail looking for my last 2 points due to mud and getting abit dehydrated from all the supplements I recently started taking to bulk up.

Did a quick WOD in the Audie Murphy gym on Benning.

A circuit of
185 lbs dead lifts 10x
95lbs Push Press 10x
35KG Kettlebell swing 10x
14 LBS wallball 15x

4 sets for time.

Was super smoked afterwards but nice and loose. Then I ate lunch, took a nap and now everything aches again.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to skip out on my rest day and do a WOD of 3 wall balls with the 14 lbs, then 2 blurpees and and repeat 29 times as fast as possible.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Kaliber posted:

I was bored and super stiff from land nav'ing through mud and woods and having to run 7 clicks through it to get back to my finish point because it took me almost a hour to go up and down a trail looking for my last 2 points due to mud and getting abit dehydrated from all the supplements I recently started taking to bulk up.

Did a quick WOD in the Audie Murphy gym on Benning.

A circuit of
185 lbs dead lifts 10x
95lbs Push Press 10x
35KG Kettlebell swing 10x
14 LBS wallball 15x

4 sets for time.

Was super smoked afterwards but nice and loose. Then I ate lunch, took a nap and now everything aches again.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to skip out on my rest day and do a WOD of 3 wall balls with the 14 lbs, then 2 blurpees and and repeat 29 times as fast as possible.

That workout actually sounds like fun. I kind of want to buy all the crap needed for crossfit-esque workouts when I get back from this TDY since I'll have money to burn. I'm kinda bored of the whole "lift weights go run" mentality that I've been in for the past year.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days

smertrioslol posted:

Better go run 10 loving miles because otherwise I'm going to sit in my trailer in the CC and listen to people gently caress all night.

Wanna trade rooms? :wink:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Guys I think after I enlist I'm going to go for the military triathlon team. Will I be cool in the eyes of Goons in Platoons around the globe? It's what i desire.

On second thought I think I'll just drink a lot when I get back in.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 11, 2012

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

MurderBot posted:

On second thought I think I'll just drink a lot when I get back in.

Do both, run to cope with your drinking problem and drink to cope with your running problem!

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Helldump Immunity posted:

Wanna trade rooms? :wink:

Wanna just move in? :wink:

I hate how my shop keeps a couple of thousand candy bars on hand at all times for the fatties I work with. It's really lovely to have a rare 10 minutes in the break room only to see A1C Doublechin and SrA Fupa devouring peanut butter cups while I get my tuna packet. Not a very positive environment.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

smertrioslol posted:

Wanna just move in? :wink:

I hate how my shop keeps a couple of thousand candy bars on hand at all times for the fatties I work with. It's really lovely to have a rare 10 minutes in the break room only to see A1C Doublechin and SrA Fupa devouring peanut butter cups while I get my tuna packet. Not a very positive environment.

I'll bring the cocoa butter.

That's the problem here in my shop too. They bus in truckloads of Twix, Reese's, Skittles, Rice Krispy Treats and those Otis Spunkmeyer gut bombs. It's harder to stay disciplined out here than it is in the states.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

What the gently caress is this poo poo? Are you cheating on me HI? :colbert:

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Just a little revenge for what you and that little tart AB have been doing while I am away

:iceburn:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

First Muay Thai class tonight.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Whip Slagcheek posted:

We're gonna go spot each other in the gym. I can't wait for squat day.

Speaking of, leg day in the desert sucks. Being dehydrated most of the time, and than being on your feet for 10+ hours. Anyone have any tips on how to avoid horrible debilitating soreness after leg day?