Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The Kony poo poo is being run by a bunch of college kid wannabe mercenaries who are using donations to pay their loving salaries, read the GBS thread and don't send your drat money to fund violence in Africa.

Here are some of the people behind it:

Ducklips McRocketLauncher isn't worthy of your money.

Only 34% of the money given to them has gone to Africa, and most of that was in the form of guns and military supplies for the PLA who are also raping and murdering people.

Norton Ghostride fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
What is Shawn from Mega64 doing there?!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Norton Ghostride posted:

I'm fuckin speechless.

Yeah Man
Oct 9, 2011

And if you had, you know, a huge killer robot at your command, yeah, that would just clutter things up; and a lesser person might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but you know - where's the challenge in that?

Norton Ghostride posted:

Tim Buckley isn't worthy of your money.

No seriously, look at that white dude on the left. :stare:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This is a good overview of the issue.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
KONY2012 is really slacktivism at its finest. A goal that may or may not actually have a good point to it, completely weighed down by people who are really only inflating their own egos instead of actually doing anything.

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm sad Hussie promoted this stuff to such a gigantic audience without even looking into it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Norton Ghostride posted:

I'm sad Hussie promoted this stuff to such a gigantic audience without even looking into it.

To be fair, it was already spread through a shitton of people on Facebook/Tumblr/the entire internet. I don't completely blame him for just shuffling it on, he just got caught up in the wave.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Are we really so hard up for poo poo to discuss?

jvempire
May 10, 2009
This has been on my mind for a while, so I'll have to let it out. Homestuck is the ultimate Jumanji.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Unless you want to start a betting pool on what the twist will be in the next animation....

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Cabbit posted:

Well, normally by this time we'd be speculating on either:

1) Who Lord English will turn out to be, or
2) What the hell happened to Jaspers

but now we actually know, so...

Did Fedorafreak bite it when the Scratch happened-

or does this universe have a new Fedorafreak?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

YggiDee posted:

or does this universe have a new Fedorafreak?

Hey.

This.

Let's talk about this.

Because this is what I want. So bad.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He made it to a Quest Bed and died on it in the last universe, but unfortunately, it wasn't his Quest Bed. I'm certain he'd have recognized the iconography on it if it were his own. So whose session was he in? I assume he was one of John's neighbors, as he was a friend of Dad and John said that his neighbors are always busy with very serious business.

Entering a session that you weren't intended to play in suggests a plot device that could be employed. I'm not even sure if I'm serious or not, which, when talking about MSPA, is a good sign that I'm on to something.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

Bongo Bill posted:

He made it to a Quest Bed and died on it in the last universe, but unfortunately, it wasn't his Quest Bed. I'm certain he'd have recognized the iconography on it if it were his own. So whose session was he in? I assume he was one of John's neighbors, as he was a friend of Dad and John said that his neighbors are always busy with very serious business.

Entering a session that you weren't intended to play in suggests a plot device that could be employed. I'm not even sure if I'm serious or not, which, when talking about MSPA, is a good sign that I'm on to something.
Well, if Fedorafreak accidentally ended up in the A1 kids' session, then he wasn't the only one, seeing as Jade's grandpa (who may or may not be an older Jake) was in the session as well.

EDIT: Surely I'm not the only MSPA reader who thinks Fedorafreak looks like Benedict Cumberbatch, am I?

Lady of the Beech fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 8, 2012

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Lady of the Beech posted:

Well, if Fedorafreak accidentally ended up in the A1 kids' session, then he wasn't the only one, seeing as Jade's grandpa (who may or may not be an older Jake) was in the session as well.

EDIT: Surely I'm not the only MSPA reader who thinks Fedorafreak looks like Benedict Cumberbatch, am I?

No, because now I do too.

...we need a new update. :(

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
So, how about that Vriska? What a huge bitch!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Lord of Laughton posted:

gently caress Vriska; Terezi is a huge murder happy monster that stabs people in the back! She's truly the evilest troll and I can't see why anyone would like a cold-blooded killer like her!

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Lord of Laughton posted:

I'm sorry, Fat Vriska is simply too large to fit on the SA forums. :smugbert:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cabbit posted:

It's much much better than the usual direction this thread takes during downtime.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fister Roboto posted:

It's much much better than the usual direction this thread takes during downtime.

Man, is it?

I will take people talking about roleplay sessions or fantrolls or whatever weird poo poo they like to get up to over talk of loving warlords and atrocities any day of the week. Humanity reminds me of how poo poo it is to each other enough without having to throw it in my face while I'm trying to read about a webcomic.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Edit: My phone did not like trying go make that url will try later

Acidophilus
Aug 27, 2009

What's all this then?
I know a ritual that will surely summon an update. Let's post theories on how this session will shake out and how Lord English could be defeated.
Any theories me make will most likely be dismantled by the next update, which will occur within minutes of posting. (probably)
I'll go first: The Battlefield Jade's carrying is going to be used to complete Billious Slick in the Alpha session. It will only be possible with the things the Beta kids are bringing, as there will be no frogs in the Alpha session.
Lord English will be faced in person, but will be unclimatically left alone, 'cause that's how Hussie rolls, screw big fight scenes. The completion of the Alpha session will "seal off" the chain of infinite sessions, keeping Lord English in a loop of infected universes. The Alpha session is indeed the beginning of a new "chain" of sessions, free from his influence.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
My theory is that Equius will return to life and beat the poo poo out of everything.

This theory is based solely on me wanting Chaotic Strength used is a flash.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Somebody is going to turn out to be Problem Sleuth. I'm thinking... Jane.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Lord of Laughton posted:

I legit want her to return in the most "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCKING VRIIIISSSKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" way humanly possible because I frankly loving love it when that happens.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

My theory is that Equius will return to life and beat the poo poo out of everything.

This theory is based solely on me wanting Valhalla used is a flash.
You made a spelling mistake in your post there so I fixed it for you.

Seriously. That loving song.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Norton Ghostride posted:

A few hours ago he made a followup post about this stuff, so that improves matters a little.

More relevantly to this thread's subject matter:

AH on Twitter posted:

anyway, unpuasing tomorrow at the latest.

Time for everyone to recommence :f5:ing, soon, if you ever stopped. Maybe we can start arguing about whether "tomorrow" means Thursday or Friday, just to pass the time. :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

Somebody is going to turn out to be Problem Sleuth. I'm thinking... Jane.

When everyone is trying to fight off Lord English, Jane will summon Problem Sleuth. He will write Lord English a very strongly worded letter that disapproves of him and how he manipulates universes.

This will do so much sorrow-related damage that it will destroy Lord English and reveal his true form; Mobster Kingpin. In reality, Lord English is just a very powerful suit made out of Death's body that Mobster Kingpin has been using to destroy universes in order to get back at Problem Sleuth for killing Demonhead Mobster Kingpin. Homestuck will end with the kids + Trolls + Problem Sleuth using a ridiculously overpowered COMBO ATTACK to destroy Mobster Kingpin once and for all, then the kids and trolls will enter the new universe that was just made.

Duskfiend
Apr 5, 2011

Awwwk! Awwwk!
Condesce Crocker subdues the earth, more at 11.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Welp, we're definitely unpuased. :sbahj:

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
So Dirk and Roxy were always years ahead of Jake and Jane?

Legislacerator
Dec 26, 2006

1 W1LL H4V3 ORD3R 1N TH1S RUMPUSBLOCK!
I think the last time I was literally terrified by a flash was when Lord English emerged from his host.

In the meantime, I will just sit here and silently scream, because the drones are scary as gently caress.

:gonk:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Congrats to whoever called Dirk and Roxy living in the future, I liked the theory but I sure never would have thought of it myself.

e/ Still can't fathom what happened with Jane. Was that the entry item, or did the Condesce teleport her away?

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 8, 2012

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Cryophage posted:

"TT: It would just be cool if you'd refrain from tossing about such antediluvian terms."

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Yeah cool flash bluh bluh bluh WHEN CAN I GET THE MUSICS FOR IT OMG! :sbahj:
Seriously I was more impressed with the music than anything else.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
So Dirk, Jane and Jake (was attacked by Dirk's robot and his island is full of Alternian wildlife) are indeed years ahead in the future aren't they.

The roles of UU and uu are starting to make sense to me now. I don't think they live on Alternia, they're living on the Condesce's Earth and they may quite possibly be sharing their session with the B2 kids. One of them could be the hero of Space, since none of the B2 kids have that aspect and it is essential to a successful Sburb session.

It would also make sense that at least UU would wear the Sufferer's sign, since the Condesce and her fleet are from A2 Alternia and thus would have known the Sufferer. (It doesn't explain young Mindfang's sufferer sign, though.)

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn

Cryophage posted:

How, just how are people able to predict poo poo like this so accurately? It's amazing. Or maybe it's just more influencing the author rather than predicting what he'll do next.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Couple notes:

- The Daedric overlay naturally says "BUT NOT MANY" to go with "years in the future".
- I really love the second part of the music. Great use of Dissension.
- Jane didn't prototype. It's still unclear whether the disappearing tree and blue glowies mean she managed to enter anyway or what. Was there even a meteor or was that just the battleship approaching? (It was the battleship approaching is what I'm saying. No reckoning.)
- The volcano is seen submerged. This suggests that, as expected, there is no forge in this session.
- Fishghost lady popped up again at the end there. Kinda supports the already nigh-unavoidable idea that the ghosts are the A1 players and she's that set's version of the Condesce.

Silva posted:

How, just how are people able to predict poo poo like this so accurately? It's amazing. Or maybe it's just more influencing the author rather than predicting what he'll do next.

There were lots of hints! Dirk had a bunch of Atlantis references about him, for example. I didn't quite pick up on it myself until I read somebody else spelling it out, but it seemed a pretty strong possibility after that. And now it's confirmed.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 8, 2012

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Congrats to whoever called Dirk and Roxy living in the future, I liked the theory but I sure never would have thought of it myself.

e/ Still can't fathom what happened with Jane. Was that the entry item, or did the Condesce teleport her away?

I'm not sure, but I think she done hosed up and didn't use the entry item in time.

Either that or the Condesce hosed with the coding of Sburb pretty bad.

I don't think it matters though. G'drat, that was a curveball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Poor Dad, all he wanted to do was to wash his car and bake pastries but now his oven is destroyed and the Condesce is on his rear end.

I'm really not sure where things go from here. For a moment I thought Dad was going to get prototyped but it looks like Jane has entered the Medium.