Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

haveblue posted:

hope you mean the us version because the uk is the bee's knees or the cat's pajamas or the marmoset's tonsils whatever they say over there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
my favorite thing about the US version is that they hyped it up as being "it's own thing" and "not trying to emulate the UK version" when in reality they've directly copied challenges, personalities, and even lifted jokes wholesale from the Brits

it's loving shameful

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Jonny 290 posted:

mormons are decent people led astray by the promise of family values and prosperity by a hierarchy of sociopaths and though in a vacuum none of their beliefs are any weirder than christians', they have a unique regressive and misogynist bent to their religion that's just hard to find in these modern times

is the tiered heaven with "have babies to get to the top" for women a core thing or does that differ based on denomination? because thats always struck me as a little out there

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
the bit i couldn't wrap my head around was the relief society

"oh yah we have a women's group! it's leadership is wholly controlled by men, but dont worry they're divinely inspired so its rly god!!! also we are cognizant of the fact that we can't determine what's actually divinely inspired in other matters and frequently retcon reprehensible opinions but they get this right because...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

one non-useless thing about wikipedia was that i learned from it about other mormon denominatinos. like these guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_of_Christ

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Nonograms are also known by many other names, including Paint by Numbers, Griddlers, Pic-a-Pix, Picross, PrismaPixels, Pixel Puzzles, Crucipixel, Edel, FigurePic, Grafilogika, Hanjie, HeroGlyphix, Illust-Logic, Japanese Crosswords, Japanese Puzzles, Kare Karala!, Logic Art, Logic Square, Logicolor, Logik-Puzzles, Logimage, Obrazki logiczne, Zakódované obrázky, Maľované krížovky, Oekaki Logic, Oekaki-Mate, Paint Logic, Shchor Uftor, Gobelini, Picture Logic and Tsunamii. They have also been called Paint by Sudoku and Binary Coloring Books, although these names are entirely inaccurate.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm still waiting for a really good picross app for my iPad, all the ones I've tried are crap

qirex fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 6, 2012

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
i tried pixelogic, its alright, have you tried it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dumbledore 64 posted:

i tried pixelogic, its alright, have you tried it?

you just cost me a like month of subway rides you rear end in a top hat

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

you just cost me a like month of subway rides you rear end in a top hat

what? :ohdear:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you pointed out a game that I'm very sure I will instantly become addicted to

e: yep

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-pan_kissa

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

qirex posted:

I'm still waiting for a really good picross app for my iPad, all the ones I've tried are crap

isnt that what ipacross is becuase it owns

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

links to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_cafe :3:

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
i like crosslogic but its not really good on a bigger screen

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

that awful man posted:

links to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_cafe :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVg6_JzBSdA

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Meow

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

didn't tfr sperg out about this

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i'm not yet convinced this man is real

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

dont click this it's anime, reported

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Deuterieux posted:

I saw an episode and they claim that he has no clue what he's doing.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Deuterieux posted:

well he's obviously playing up his character for the camera, yeah

he's about as real as the sketches on top gear

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Male members were encouraged to visualize themselves as women, in order to avoid a homosexual relationship with Jesus

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Pakled posted:

Male members were encouraged to visualize themselves as women, in order to avoid a homosexual relationship with Jesus

i've read this article, it's :psyduck: as hell

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
is that mars hill poo poo? turn every one of their churches into a homeless shelter

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh god it's Family poo poo, even worse. aughhhh

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
hey any theology that features extensive use of the word "dong" is a-ok with me

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Pakled posted:

well, i wonder what their version of the virgin birth is.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Coffee Quack posted:

well, i wonder what their version of the virgin birth is.

kidney stones shaped like little crosses

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

After Homer is hit by a falling metal beam at work and suffers a serious head injury, Mr. Burns smartly buys him off with tickets at a luxury sky box at a hockey game as compensation. Bart, Marge and Homer enjoy the sushi, caricature artist, and appearance by Larry Holmes, while Lisa leaves in disgust so she can watch the game with real fans in real surroundings. When she gives a Russian player advice which leads to him scoring a goal, she receives his hockey stick as a gift. However, genuine Russian "no-wood-nik" termites, which were living in the stick, end up eating away at the entire Simpson house. An exterminator says their house should be tented and fumigated, and they cannot return for six months. However, the family has no place to go. The only hotel they can afford is booked for months, and when they try to stay with Lenny and then Comic Book Guy, they cannot deal with Lenny's house being next to a jai alai court and CBG's collection of comic book cardboard figures. At Moe's Tavern, their last resort, Barney and Carl inform the Simpsons about a reality show, where a family is put in a Victorian house, where they must live as if it was the year 1895. Homer is reluctant at first, but then they go to the reality show.

At the studio, the executives screen many families and finally they settle on the Simpsons (saying they want a family that has not been on TV forever and ever), after viewing Homer's overreactions over nothing. They are taken to the Victorian house and shown around by the Network Executive, who says that they will be filmed round the clock. The only thing of the 20th century there is a "Confessional Room", which is a small room with a video camera where they say what they feel about the lifestyle. The family struggles with all of the drastic changes in their daily life and are pretty miserable, much to the delight of the show's audience, who cannot wait to see which of them dies first. Homer tries to lighten up the family, saying they should be glad on TV, and begin to conform to their new lives cheerily. This is not deemed as entertaining, however, and viewership begins to drop. In attempts to save the show, the executives decide to introduce Squiggy from Laverne & Shirley into the household, since he is the biggest 1970's TV star whose phone has not been disconnected. But even his presence (and that of a taser which he uses on Homer) does not boost the ratings. Finally, one of the executives comes up with an idea. The house is airlifted at night and put into a river.

The Simpsons are shocked to find what had happened the next morning, and the house finally washes up on shore and falls apart, with Squiggy in it. The network crew is filming it and loving the drama that unfolds. They then break for lunch, but deny the Simpsons any of it so they go to eat some bugs. Later on, the family is confronted by a bunch of savage-looking people, who turn out to be contestants who lost a final challenge on a Survivor-type show and were abandoned in the jungle. They decide to overpower the crew and return to civilization. Together with the Simpsons, they attack the crew, overpowering them. Homer then tries to crush the helicopter with a giant boulder but he is pushed into the ground. Finally at home, Homer decides to watch scripted TV shows, as he has had it with reality shows, but the family finds more pleasure in watching him lose a battle of wits with a garden hose.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

After Homer is hit by a falling metal beam at work and suffers a serious head injury, Mr. Burns smartly buys him off with tickets at a luxury sky box at a hockey game as compensation. Bart, Marge and Homer enjoy the sushi, caricature artist, and appearance by Larry Holmes, while Lisa leaves in disgust so she can watch the game with real fans in real surroundings. When she gives a Russian player advice which leads to him scoring a goal, she receives his hockey stick as a gift. However, genuine Russian "no-wood-nik" termites, which were living in the stick, end up eating away at the entire Simpson house. An exterminator says their house should be tented and fumigated, and they cannot return for six months. However, the family has no place to go. The only hotel they can afford is booked for months, and when they try to stay with Lenny and then Comic Book Guy, they cannot deal with Lenny's house being next to a jai alai court and CBG's collection of comic book cardboard figures. At Moe's Tavern, their last resort, Barney and Carl inform the Simpsons about a reality show, where a family is put in a Victorian house, where they must live as if it was the year 1895. Homer is reluctant at first, but then they go to the reality show.

At the studio, the executives screen many families and finally they settle on the Simpsons (saying they want a family that has not been on TV forever and ever), after viewing Homer's overreactions over nothing. They are taken to the Victorian house and shown around by the Network Executive, who says that they will be filmed round the clock. The only thing of the 20th century there is a "Confessional Room", which is a small room with a video camera where they say what they feel about the lifestyle. The family struggles with all of the drastic changes in their daily life and are pretty miserable, much to the delight of the show's audience, who cannot wait to see which of them dies first. Homer tries to lighten up the family, saying they should be glad on TV, and begin to conform to their new lives cheerily. This is not deemed as entertaining, however, and viewership begins to drop. In attempts to save the show, the executives decide to introduce Squiggy from Laverne & Shirley into the household, since he is the biggest 1970's TV star whose phone has not been disconnected. But even his presence (and that of a taser which he uses on Homer) does not boost the ratings. Finally, one of the executives comes up with an idea. The house is airlifted at night and put into a river.

The Simpsons are shocked to find what had happened the next morning, and the house finally washes up on shore and falls apart, with Squiggy in it. The network crew is filming it and loving the drama that unfolds. They then break for lunch, but deny the Simpsons any of it so they go to eat some bugs. Later on, the family is confronted by a bunch of savage-looking people, who turn out to be contestants who lost a final challenge on a Survivor-type show and were abandoned in the jungle. They decide to overpower the crew and return to civilization. Together with the Simpsons, they attack the crew, overpowering them. Homer then tries to crush the helicopter with a giant boulder but he is pushed into the ground. Finally at home, Homer decides to watch scripted TV shows, as he has had it with reality shows, but the family finds more pleasure in watching him lose a battle of wits with a garden hose.

Argh, thanks for reminding me.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Wikimania 2012 is July 12–15 in Washington, D.C.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Nevergirls posted:

Wikimania 2012 is July 12–15 in Washington, D.C.

can this be combined with wrestlemania in some way?

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

that awful man posted:

can this be combined with wrestlemania in some way?

both will be well attended by obese men with a penchant for lycra

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkspore#Alternate_Reality_Game

Plot

Establishing a connection with an unknown source, a contact begins receiving data and messages from a mysterious person who claims to have been isolated in space for more than two million years, and is in danger of being tracked down by another malignant source. After receiving some garbled information, the contact is prompted to ask questions of the person. The person is soon revealed to in fact be a social computer AI known as the HELIX, in a galaxy almost completely conquered by the Darkspore, a strain of aggressive, swarming mutants. Because of these mutants' attempts to track it down, the HELIX was forced to disconnect from the mass network that connected it to all other computer AIs. After completing several puzzles, receiving new information, and processing corrupted text feeds activated by entering select keywords into the HELIX's localized network, the contact is charged with the task of purifying 10, 000 eDNA genes before they mutate into Darkspore strains. The resulting genes were to form the basis for the abilities of the powerful heroes selected to fight the Darkspore. The contact gets to work, assisting the HELIX with processing ten thousand genes. After processing Meditron, Magnos, Blitz, Arakna and Jinx, a virus suddenly causes the HELIX to go into security shutdown mode, rendering the contact unable to finish processing the genomes. But soon the HELIX reactivates, plagued with data corruption but bearing the sequences for two heroes, Goliath and Tork. The contact soon resumes work on the genes, completing the sequences for a hero known as Titan as well as an unknown hero. As the contact processes the final genes, with the gene count down to 55, the contact logs onto the network only to have the message degrade into a stream of unintelligible, corrupted data. The Darkspore's computer virus had finally cracked the HELIX's link to the contact. Three cold, chilling words stand out: "WE HAVE YOU - One life, one purpose - Darkspore expands". The mutants had conquered again...

The website now eventually displays the message:

"WE HAVE YOU
one life, one purpose

DARKSPORE EXPANDS"

while the background is filled with white corrupted coding that scrolls down continuously.

It was then revealed on the Darkspore forum that the ARG was designed by some of the Maxis team members to give away small bits of information regarding the game, announce new heroes and plot details, and advertise the game.

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

unixbeard posted:

both will be well attended by obese men with a penchant for lycra

but will someone hit jimbo wales with a folding chair?

this is important

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

um wow bronies are spergier than i thought

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkspore#Alternate_Reality_Game

Plot

Establishing a connection with an unknown source, a contact begins receiving data and messages from a mysterious person who claims to have been isolated in space for more than two million years, and is in danger of being tracked down by another malignant source. After receiving some garbled information, the contact is prompted to ask questions of the person. The person is soon revealed to in fact be a social computer AI known as the HELIX, in a galaxy almost completely conquered by the Darkspore, a strain of aggressive, swarming mutants. Because of these mutants' attempts to track it down, the HELIX was forced to disconnect from the mass network that connected it to all other computer AIs. After completing several puzzles, receiving new information, and processing corrupted text feeds activated by entering select keywords into the HELIX's localized network, the contact is charged with the task of purifying 10, 000 eDNA genes before they mutate into Darkspore strains. The resulting genes were to form the basis for the abilities of the powerful heroes selected to fight the Darkspore. The contact gets to work, assisting the HELIX with processing ten thousand genes. After processing Meditron, Magnos, Blitz, Arakna and Jinx, a virus suddenly causes the HELIX to go into security shutdown mode, rendering the contact unable to finish processing the genomes. But soon the HELIX reactivates, plagued with data corruption but bearing the sequences for two heroes, Goliath and Tork. The contact soon resumes work on the genes, completing the sequences for a hero known as Titan as well as an unknown hero. As the contact processes the final genes, with the gene count down to 55, the contact logs onto the network only to have the message degrade into a stream of unintelligible, corrupted data. The Darkspore's computer virus had finally cracked the HELIX's link to the contact. Three cold, chilling words stand out: "WE HAVE YOU - One life, one purpose - Darkspore expands". The mutants had conquered again...

The website now eventually displays the message:

"WE HAVE YOU
one life, one purpose

DARKSPORE EXPANDS"

while the background is filled with white corrupted coding that scrolls down continuously.

It was then revealed on the Darkspore forum that the ARG was designed by some of the Maxis team members to give away small bits of information regarding the game, announce new heroes and plot details, and advertise the game.

darkspore is p. cool as a diablo in space game

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
darkspore came out???

i heard about it when it was under development and never heard anything since, i thought it dropped off into development hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

low quality jpeg posted:

um wow bronies are spergier than i thought

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic

there are 138 references.