Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
debasuuuh
Jun 17, 2005

silly hats only

Slake Fistcrunch posted:

Yeah, people have been going crazy for a while trying to find a NG+ ending but there's just no evidence for it. The last stupid rumour I heard was that it was somehow tied to the paddlefish surviving (:confused:). That kind of thing seems to be dying down very slowly.

Apparently, Liara just will give you some sort of upgrade. Nothing to do with the endings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yo count can you put at the bottom of the post new updates like you did for the ME2 thread? That owned. Not saying there is much to update now but in the future.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

5er posted:

Regarding the 'Galaxy at War' preparedness percentage, and earning %'s to improve it via the multiplayer- does this retroactively apply to stuff you've earned in a single player game so far, or does it only affect what you earn after you earn the % bonus?

Its retroactive.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

JaundiceDave posted:

so once the green bar is totally full is it helpful to prepare any more?

anyone?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Fat_Cow posted:

Make way for the Mass Effect MMO.

We'll all pitch in for our giant Goonship and roam the universe having grand adventures. :allears:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

We'll all pitch in for our giant Goonship and roam the universe having grand adventures. :allears:

Just don't let Goonwaffe near it and we should be fine. :ssh:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I just finished the game. I have not laughed this hard in a long while. They went for serious, but just circled back around to hilarious.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I just found this tool that lets you get a close match for ME1 faces.

http://masseffecttools.99k.org/index.php

Is there a save editor that lets me use that face code in my current game?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kevdude posted:

Okay, I've encountered a seemingly impossible-to-bypass crash bug, on the mission to rescue Cereberus scientists, and in the fly-in to the mission you see Jacob on the ground.

The game stops responding and crashes at the same point, right when I'm running into the zone from the landing point. Is this happening to anyone else? How the hell do I leave this mission now?

From the zero replies to this I'm guessing no one else has had this problem? If I'm going to have to lose a ton of progress loading an earlier save, I'd really like to know if I should avoid this mission or not.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Syrg Sapphire posted:

If there is a NG+ ending, the video files aren't stored with the others on the disc, and nobody has yet reported finding one. Everything seems to point to it being some bullshit rumor.
I'm looking at the videos because of the PC version and as far as I can tell about the ending:

There seems to be only two states (literally good / bad), (I assume) either you have enough or you don't military force heading to earth:
  • when Sword attacks (i.e. the space fight):
    • Good means you show the video where the ships fire on the reapers and they start blowing up
    • bad is one where Reapers start attacking ships and blowing them up instead
  • There are good and bad variations for red and blue of the ending when the Catalyst releases it's energy. The part with the Reaper by Big Ben is most evident
    • green is unchanged.
    • For good, the energy released by the Catalyst does its job with minimal damage
    • For bad:
      • For blue and red "bad", only the Big Ben is blown out
      • For Red, there is a "vap" variant (vapourize?) the energy blows out Big Ben and incinerates the soldiers in cover as well as showing the energy just running a swath along the globe, probably killing everything
  • There are also two videos labelled End03_Shepard_Alive_Fem and End03_Shepard_Alive_Male showing your broken armour across the rubble, regaining consciousness - was this unused for the part after Harbinger/that Reaper shot at you when you ran for the Conduit?
  • There is also a End01_HammerFail video but there is no appropriate good one; this is just the one where it shows Hammer troops surrounding the reaper in the buildings around it

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Just finished the game. I loved it, though I still would criticize the main plot line for being a bit short, just like in the previous two games. One thing I'm really impressed with is the insane amount of references to what you've done in the previous games. I really should play them again from the start doing an all-renegade run that gets everyone killed, just to see how different the game would become.

But...the endings. Bleh.

What exactly is affected by war readiness? Is it just that you can choose the "unity" ending? Because I didn't really see any of the endings as good.

Either Shepard takes control of the Reapers, which for some reason appears to be the paragon ending (at least when looking at the color of the lights around the platform) even though it was exactly what the Illusive Man tried to do, which can only end in failure. Then there's the "unified DNA and harmony" ending which also sucks because forcibly rewriting the biology of everyone in the galaxy without asking is simply not something you do. There's also the part about the gates being destroyed, probably because Bioware didn't want the ending to seem too utopian.

Then there's what I assume is the renegade ending, which I picked even though I were like 95% paragon. Kill all synthetics, which includes the Reapers, the Geth, and...EDI? Small price to pay for (temporary) peace. Also, the ending videos showed the relays getting destroyed for some reason, which I wasn't informed about. Bad Bioware.

edit:

Sober posted:

[*]There are also two videos labelled End03_Shepard_Alive_Fem and End03_Shepard_Alive_Male showing your broken armour across the rubble, regaining consciousness - was this unused for the part after Harbinger/that Reaper shot at you when you ran for the Conduit?

This showed up for me in the good red ending, after seeing the Normandy crashed on some paradise planet (with crew intact), then after that it showed the clip of burnt Shepard taking a gasp of air.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 8, 2012

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PunkBoy posted:

Wait, are you saying that Mass Effect is like Final Fantasy? :confused:

I think he's saying that people thing RPGs have to be like Final Fantasy... Which is funny, considering how much JRPGs like to downplay the "role-playing" aspects of RPGs.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So I did the mission with the gun on Tuchanka and now I have a readiness rating of zero percent.

Any way to fix this?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So how many people playing on PS3 are getting regular freezes. I saw some people in the Bioware forums having similar issues of just infrequent lockups :(

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention
What should I be focusing on in terms of points for Vanguard? I always used to just play soldier in ME1 and ME2 :sigh:

Also, I'm guessing there's no way to skip through the beginning?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Harlock posted:

So how many people playing on PS3 are getting regular freezes. I saw some people in the Bioware forums having similar issues of just infrequent lockups :(

I had a pretty serious one that started looping on my save and I could not bypass, so I had to load an earlier one and lose hours of progress. No one even replied to my post here so I'm guessing it's not happening to a lot of people.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So I haven't been told how to get my BF3 code, anyone else having problems? I know in my order email they said I would be receiving a code but didn't follow up.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Slake Fistcrunch posted:

Yeah, people have been going crazy for a while trying to find a NG+ ending but there's just no evidence for it. The last stupid rumour I heard was that it was somehow tied to the paddlefish surviving (:confused:). That kind of thing seems to be dying down very slowly.

My Uncle's college roommate works for Bioware and told me how to find it. First you need to load up an emulation of Ocarina of Time and get the Triforce...

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

fookolt posted:

What should I be focusing on in terms of points for Vanguard? I always used to just play soldier in ME1 and ME2 :sigh:

Also, I'm guessing there's no way to skip through the beginning?

One point in Pull. Max out Charge, with the final upgrade being 100% shields, then Assault Mastery prioritizing maxing out weight capacity, then power damage. Then Fitness and Nova at the same time.

By level 30, you will be Charging almost literally every second and practically invincible with your shields refilling every time.

Ignore Shockwave, bonus power is whatever you want but I prefer an ammo power so it doesn't impede my constant Charging.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

First Mordin gets blown up then Thane gets stabbed. I don't know how much more of this I can take :smith:

On a different subject, I'm totally leading both Ashley and Miranda on because I can't pick which one I want.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Bruceski posted:

My Uncle's college roommate works for Bioware and told me how to find it. First you need to load up an emulation of Ocarina of Time and get the Triforce...

And then you get all 100 stars in Mario 64 and Yoshi will be at the top of the castle and then...

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Nucular Carmul posted:

And then you get all 100 stars in Mario 64 and Yoshi will be at the top of the castle and then...

You have to push the truck out of the way with a Pokemon that knows strength...

I hate the fact that I'm stuck at work, I can't play dammit. :( My books can only pass the time so much when all I'm thinking about is making people float in the air and then explode into a giant biotic firework.

murder all posters
Aug 19, 2008

by angerbot
So you need 5000 war score to get the ending where Shepard lives? My score is 5800 but shep is still dead.

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

Coughing Hobo posted:

One point in Pull. Max out Charge, with the final upgrade being 100% shields, then Assault Mastery prioritizing maxing out weight capacity, then power damage. Then Fitness and Nova at the same time.

By level 30, you will be Charging almost literally every second and practically invincible with your shields refilling every time.

Ignore Shockwave, bonus power is whatever you want but I prefer an ammo power so it doesn't impede my constant Charging.

Thanks!

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

murder all posters posted:

So you need 5000 war score to get the ending where Shepard lives? My score is 5800 but shep is still dead.

5000 effective assets. That's after they are reduced by readiness.

There are also other factors that effect the assets required for certain endings. Like whether you saved the collector base.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nucular Carmul posted:

http://www.zeldac.com/the-legend-of-zelda/ocarina-of-time/zelda-64-triforce-rumors/ 120 stars and Yoshi, on the other hand, is quite real.

Shroomie posted:

First Mordin gets blown up then Thane gets stabbed. I don't know how much more of this I can take :smith:

Yeah, I cried and I'm man enough to admit it.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 8, 2012

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
How can I get reave in this game?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

S Danger K posted:

I believe from Kaiden after you get to a certain point in his conversations. Or the DLC character has a variation on it.

murder all posters
Aug 19, 2008

by angerbot

Lawlicaust posted:

5000 effective assets. That's after they are reduced by readiness.

There are also other factors that effect the assets required for certain endings. Like whether you saved the collector base.

Oh, before war readiness is taken into effect. Thanks.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, I cried and I'm man enough to admit it.

I knew it was coming and steeled myself, but when he started singing holy gently caress :cry:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

S Danger K posted:

Talk to Kaidan once he returns to the ship. I unlocked both Reave and Barrier at the same time from him. Obviously if you have Ashley you won't be able to get it - I'm not sure if it works like ME2 where unlocking a bonus power unlocks it for every character.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Are there any other ME2 party members that can die? I got Thane, Mordin, Legion, and Tali and they were all pretty painful.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

In the past hour or so of playtime for me, both Mordin and the primarch's son have died. gently caress :cry:

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
If you increase your war readiness with multiplayer, is that across all your characters, or do you have to do it with each one.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
It should be all.

1stGear posted:

Are there any other ME2 party members that can die? I got Thane, Mordin, Legion, and Tali and they were all pretty painful.

Grunt can if he's not loyal. Same with Kasumu, Zaeed, and Samara.

Related, that teenage girl waiting for her parents on the Citadel is pretty depressing. Each visit, she is more and more depressed.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 8, 2012

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Wingless posted:

It's so obvious you haven't finished it yet. You'll be back.

...welp. (Ending) Really? How in the bloody hell did that get past the cutting room floor? You couldn't put an ending that horrible in a 3rd grade play and get away with it, and this was a multimillion dollar production. I mean... Really? What the hell were you thinking, Bioware? :ughh: And right up to the point Shepard got hit by the laser this was one of the best games I'd ever played.

You know what? gently caress that. Here's a fun thought exercise that will be much more satisfying. Make up your own ending and forget whatever that bizarre bullshit was. My Shep is drinking wine with Liara at a beach somewhere and yelling at a little blue kid not to wander off too far. :colbert:

Granted, that's not the best example of said thought exercise but that one sentence I thought up in about 10 seconds is better than the real ending. Jesus Christ.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

TastyAvocado posted:

If you increase your war readiness with multiplayer, is that across all your characters, or do you have to do it with each one.

They way the Galaxy At War screen is set up in the main menu leads me to believe it affects every playthrough.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
So, as a follow up to the question I asked yesterday, it seems the only way to import your character and start at level 1 is to edit your ME2 save to put you at level 1. Simply respeccing won't be enough (though it will prevent the auto-allocation of points).

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

Brackhar posted:

So, as a follow up to the question I asked yesterday, it seems the only way to import your character and start at level 1 is to edit your ME2 save to put you at level 1. Simply respeccing won't be enough (though it will prevent the auto-allocation of points).

Is it worth doing this? Just started the game, imported me2 character and I have 47 points to allocate. Will this make the game less fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So in 2 of my playthroughs i lost team members (thane and mordin respectively) but when I look at the saves in the ME3 loader, they say 11 crew alive. I'm not upset, because both of those deaths were me not paying attention to who i send back with the crew.

Forgive me, but I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I looked for a few pages back, and didn't see anything, but does war readiness have any game impact outside of the big board in the war room?

Lastly, where does Origin keep its exes? I want to see if I can set this up to run through steam. I keep F12ing trying to screenshot all the cool stuff.

• Locked thread