Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012

Dominic White posted:

I'm such a shameless dork. When Arino asks 'Is that a Zaku?' I immediately reply (under my breath) 'That's no Zaku, boy. No Zaku!'.

And then he says it.

Sign of a wasted youth, eh?

"No one ever likes to admit to mistakes... Due to their own youth", eh? :xd:

Context? It's been a while since I've sat down to watch the original, but it sounds like something Ramba Ral said. Probably in reference to his Gouf, but I could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Dominic White posted:

I'm such a shameless dork. When Arino asks 'Is that a Zaku?' I immediately reply (under my breath) 'That's no Zaku, boy. No Zaku!'.

And then he says it.

Sign of a wasted youth, eh?

One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth.

e: poo poo, beaten. At least I got the line right.

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
Perhaps in the subs, but my quote is accurate to the dub: http://youtu.be/6PvGJTPtiZI?t=23m34s

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
I never did like the early dub dialogue much. Up until episode 10 or so they couldn't balance accurate dialogue that could fit in the mouthflaps, and it really shows in those early eps.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
GCCX airs live at 8AM EST on Thursdays, but freshverse shows the rebroadcast on Saturdays at Midnight EST. They reserve thursday mornings for Aroshi as the freshverse site has many fans of this show.

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

joek0 posted:

GCCX airs live at 8AM EST on Thursdays, but freshverse shows the rebroadcast on Saturdays at Midnight EST. They reserve thursday mornings for Aroshi as the freshverse site has many fans of this show.

ゲームセンターCX #136
2012年3月8日(木) 22時00分~23時00分 の放送内容

I know it's short notice but Game Center CX will be streaming this week in 1hr30min. That is 10:00 PM JST, 5:00 AM PST, 8:00 AM EST. The link is in my signature.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

shrgnatlas posted:

ゲームセンターCX #136

I know it's short notice but Game Center CX will be streaming this week in 1hr30min. That is 10:00 PM JST, 5:00 AM PST, 8:00 AM EST. The link is in my signature.

Your showing GCCX instead of Aroshi! Aren't your fans pissed? I hope you show the rebroadcast on Saturday. Did I get the time right for the rebroadcast?

The result for Gradius is pretty obvious I think.

Also, Arino using the Select button trick would make the challenge less interesting to see. His struggle for almost 4 hours against the Yellow Devil is one of the best GCCX moments. Even Kibe picked it as one of his top GCCX moments during a segment on the 24 hour challenge.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 8, 2012

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

joek0 posted:

Your showing GCCX instead of Aroshi! Aren't your fans pissed? I hope you show the rebroadcast on Saturday. Did I get the time right for the rebroadcast?

It's been a rough week and the stream has barely been up. There was a storm in the area and I lost internet for a day, then I got my copy of Mass Effect 3 and "forgot" fix it. So, I don't really care. I just want to watch some Game Center CX.

I'll probably rebroadcast, but I think it's Sunday, not Saturday, (I don't recall when this change was made, I only just noticed it the week before).

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

shrgnatlas posted:

It's been a rough week and the stream has barely been up. There was a storm in the area and I lost internet for a day, then I got my copy of Mass Effect 3 and "forgot" fix it. So, I don't really care. I just want to watch some Game Center CX.

I'll probably rebroadcast, but I think it's Sunday, not Saturday, (I don't recall when this change was made, I only just noticed it the week before).

So for season 16, will you stream GCCX on Thuursday or will you stream on the rebroadcast.

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

joek0 posted:

So for season 16, will you stream GCCX on Thuursday or will you stream on the rebroadcast.

Thursdays.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Thanks yet again for the new episode everyone!

shrgnatlas posted:

ゲームセンターCX #136

Thank you again for doing this; I'll definitely be tuning in.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Regarding the torrents, if you're going for this nested mapping structure wouldn't it be a good idea if all new releases were also in that format?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Mayor McCheese posted:

Zaku's are from Gundam, right? What's the context of that line, anyhow?

It's a quote from Zeon ace Ramba Ral. The short of it is, up until Amuro's fight with Ral, he had been fighting nothing but Zakus. Ral, on the other hand, is rolling around in a Gouf, which at that point is Zeon's monster of the week newest model of mobile suit, featuring higher performance than the Zaku. So when Amuro gets his rear end whooped by the Gouf and wonders what is up with that "Zaku", Ral says that quote.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Stream is about to start in 2-3 mins for GCCX Gradius.

edit: It just started! Yay!

joek0 fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 8, 2012

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

Lock posted:

Thank you again for doing this; I'll definitely be tuning in.

03/08(木) 22:00~23:00 #136
最強!コナミコマンド!!「グラディウス」

To be clear, it starts in 3 minutes! Normally I'd have left a more detailed post much earlier in the week, but again, this has been quite the off last few days for me and I really have kept up with my daily routine. I hope the stream works well for everyone; again the link is in my signature.

Sorry in advanced for the required registration!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

shrgnatlas posted:

03/08(木) 22:00~23:00 #136
最強!コナミコマンド!!「グラディウス」

To be clear, it starts in 3 minutes! Normally I'd have left a more detailed post much earlier in the week, but again, this has been quite the off last few days for me and I really have kept up with my daily routine. I hope the stream works well for everyone; again the link is in my signature.

Sorry in advanced for the required registration!

Wow thanks! Good morning. :)

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Seriously man, thanks for the stream!

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

iastudent posted:

Seriously man, thanks for the stream!

Yeah, it looks like Arino will need all the support he can get!

Super Scope segment too, what a treat!

shrgnatlas fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 8, 2012

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Has there ever been a full light-gun game challenge?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
@RandomStranger
You should put the link to freshverse in the OP.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I missed the stream. Is there a repeat coming up?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

I double checked and March 8 is Inoko MAX's birthday. He's 28 today.

I expect that right now he's sitting in his apartment alone with a slice of cake and one lone candle on it. He's wearing a party hat and just staring at his cake. He doesn't want to blow the candle out because that would be accepting that no one is going to show up.

You were right....

Nah, Urakawa took that photo so that's something. Plus that's definitely not his place. (Though he's moved out of the apartment seen in Shocking Videos MAX.)

I found Toujima's twitter through Arino's: https://twitter.com/Shintamination

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

shrgnatlas posted:

I expect Arino to have a great Dennis Hopper impression. (I feel no shame in loving this movie)

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

DaMangoSentinel posted:

This episode was great. Ice Man's "Yo" face in particular had me cracking up. I'll never be able to unsee it.

This is what it reminded me of.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

:smug: or :pervert: ?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

As mentioned by the King at the beginning of the Mega Man ep, the song "I Can't Leave You Alone" was the opening to a TV show that aired in 1991 called "AD Boogie" (yes, it's about assistant directors).

Here's that opening (starts around 0:08 -- it's the longest opening to a show I've ever seen, holy); Japanese comedy fans may see a very familiar face...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDOIt3dwkls

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 8, 2012

serialrobinson
Oct 29, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Here's that opening (starts around 0:08 -- it's the longest opening to a show I've ever seen, holy); Japanese comedy fans may see a very familiar face...

The Gorilla Boss himself! That hat...

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

zari-gani posted:

I was watching that thinking, "That can't be him, he's not hitting anyone on the... Oh, wait. I guess that is him..."

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Except for the Yellow Devil, Arino seemed like he kind of tore through that one. He beat half of the bosses without using their weaknesses against them.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Nipponophile posted:

I was watching that thinking, "That can't be him, he's not hitting anyone on the... Oh, wait. I guess that is him..."

You can even tell just by how he hits. I don't need to see a face, just the arm motion and speed.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Silentman0 posted:

Except for the Yellow Devil, Arino seemed like he kind of tore through that one. He beat half of the bosses without using their weaknesses against them.
Yeah, he pretty much did from the looks of it, which is kinda surprising because I've sworn that people have said MM1 is one of the hardest games in the series. Yet, he didn't beat MM2, which I think is a pretty easy game aside from a few parts. :shobon:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Obeast posted:

Yeah, he pretty much did from the looks of it, which is kinda surprising because I've sworn that people have said MM1 is one of the hardest games in the series. Yet, he didn't beat MM2, which I think is a pretty easy game aside from a few parts. :shobon:

Air Man will not die. :downsgun:

Opendork
Jan 14, 2006

Silentman0 posted:

He only beat Bomb Man and Cut Man without their weaknesses, though. That's a third of them, granted, but those are the easiest two anyway. I was more impressed with beating Wily without the Rolling Cutter, honestly. Mostly because I am incredibly stupid and never thought to just stand next to him when I played.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

zari-gani posted:

As mentioned by the King at the beginning of the Mega Man ep, the song "I Can't Leave You Alone" was the opening to a TV show that aired in 1991 called "AD Boogie" (yes, it's about assistant directors).

Was that Hamada from Downtown? I was thinking "the only chance I have of recognizing someone is if he's from Downtown no Gaki" and then I thought I spotted Hamada.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Finally got all caught up last night...loved every episode and especially that nice looking pizza!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Opendork posted:

Mostly because I am incredibly stupid and never thought to just stand next to him when I played.

Yeah, that was a very humbling moment in that episode, looking back at all of the trouble I had with that boss and realizing I was just standing in the wrong spot all that time.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Obeast posted:

Keep in mind MM2 was in Season 2 while MM1 was Season 7.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
I get the feeling that if Arino were to revenge-challenge Rockman 2, he'd have little to no difficulty today. Struggle as he might against Pilotwings and the like, his performance in the other Rockman challenges seem evidence that he's significantly more capable.

As for the difficulty curve, 1 is significantly more difficult than 2 or 3. That 4-tiered boss rush in the last Wily stage - with no E-cans or healing items at all - is the definition of brutal. I can beat 2 without dying, and 3 without continuing... but 1 is some kind of kryptonite.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007

Obeast posted:

Like many, many games in the SNES and NES period, MM2 was made much easier when it was brought to America. The American hard mode is the Japanese normal mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Opendork posted:

He only beat Bomb Man and Cut Man without their weaknesses, though. That's a third of them, granted, but those are the easiest two anyway. I was more impressed with beating Wily without the Rolling Cutter, honestly. Mostly because I am incredibly stupid and never thought to just stand next to him when I played.

He beat a couple more during the re-fights. I remember because He forgot that Guts Man's weakness was the bomb.