Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devi Electro
Oct 13, 2008

Everything is lovely.
I want to say thank you to Thermophonic Joy for her Valentine! I love word puzzles. I will figure out mine tonight! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Devi Electro posted:

I want to say thank you to Thermophonic Joy for her Valentine! I love word puzzles. I will figure out mine tonight! :neckbeard:

I'm glad you like it! I'm crazy about word puzzles and logic puzzles, and pretty much any kind of puzzles. :buddy: (For anyone who received puzzles from me, I still have the book with the solutions in the back pages. So I have answers if you get stumped.)

Just got these in the mail:

Disgustingly excited right now. You have no idea.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 29, 2017

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
Guess what I found in the backseat of my girlfriend's car?

Creepytines.

:rolleyes:

I guess she never made it to the post office. That's okay, though. Late creepytines are even better, right?

Right?

Oh, god.

:ohdear:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I guess she never made it to the post office. That's okay, though. Late creepytines are even better, right?

Absolutely

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Another batch of Goonentines, NOW with image-y goodness. Thank you!

Tornado Laserfalcon - It's hard to see, but the sparkly heart has some very fine, custom glittery writing on it. It's so perfect and dainty (definitely not like tossing glitter on top of a glob of Elmer's), and I have no idea how this was done. Until I am told otherwise, I'm going to assume the process for making it involved MAGIC. :ranbowdash:

20Inch - Hey, gang! Did someone order an AWESOME Valentine? :iamafag: I love the writing on the envelope and the little Japanese emoticon stickers. Fun!

Topenga - Woo, stickersplosion! I had no idea who the people on the Valentine were until I flipped it over. This is what happens when the only current TV shows you watch are Hoarders and Archer.

-D- - Many thanks for the cool drawing! Darrell the Monkey shall retain his fine name, as he wasn't too keen on "Nanners". :(

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Creepytines.

Right?

Oh, god.

It actually even almost makes them creepier... Inappropriate Valentines at an inappropriate time?? :stare:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Creepytines.

Right?

Oh, god.

I'm so excited! I haven't gotten any mail recently.

Tragedy Sherbert
Dec 16, 2011
The tragedy is it's not ice cream
I sent some out a few weeks ago, but I am not sure they made it to anybody yet. :ohdear: my apologies if any of my goonentines were very late.

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Got two very battered but very welcome cards from the pit godess & Aunt Buck yesterday. I get lots of mangled mail - I'm thinking the local post office hates me for some reason - it's starting to feel personal.

meriruka fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 6, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I'm still alive. I had to wait until payday to purchase a couple of things, but some very, very late valentine's will be on their way soon. I won't ruin the surprise.

Thermophonic, I have been trying to paint or even draw something, and it's all crap. :( I refuse to send you anything but the very best. However, just so we aren't waiting till doomsday before I can draw a thing, I have an alternative that I'm going to pick up today that should be cute enough to substitute. So, your second valentine that I had planned to send will come soon, I swear.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

I'm still alive. I had to wait until payday to purchase a couple of things, but some very, very late valentine's will be on their way soon. I won't ruin the surprise.

Thermophonic, I have been trying to paint or even draw something, and it's all crap. :( I refuse to send you anything but the very best. However, just so we aren't waiting till doomsday before I can draw a thing, I have an alternative that I'm going to pick up today that should be cute enough to substitute. So, your second valentine that I had planned to send will come soon, I swear.

Aww, don't worry about it! I completely forgot you were even sending something! I promise I'm appreciative of anything I get. I just love getting mail in general.

I don't have enough St. Patrick's Day, Spring, or Easter themed stuff to make good goonmail for any of those holidays, but if I combine the three I have a whole bunch of stuff for Omnibus Holiday mail! Happy Omnibus to you all! :buddy:

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

meriruka posted:

Got to very battered but very welcome cards from the pit godess & Aunt Buck yesterday. I get lots of mangled mail - I'm thinking the local post office hates me for some reason - it's starting to feel personal.

Glad you got them. You're the first that responded, I hope mine didn't get lost, or mangled, apparently.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

thepitgoddess posted:

Glad you got them. You're the first that responded, I hope mine didn't get lost, or mangled, apparently.

I got yours, too!! I've just been a lame recipient and haven't posted a picture yet... :saddowns:

That being said, tomorrow I have a day off, and I will be posting pictures of all my awesome Goonentines...! Because awesome things are worth waiting for, and that's why we all love snail mail... Right?? :ohdear:

As a side question, is anyone rocking St. Patty's Day mail at all...? With my previously mentioned day off, I feel like some green things need to get sent. :colbert:

And Rufus, I tried to get on your level--I really did. Did you get your scale from the post office proper? Or did you pick up a kitchen scale?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Niemat posted:

As a side question, is anyone rocking St. Patty's Day mail at all...? With my previously mentioned day off, I feel like some green things need to get sent. :colbert:
I will be! Not sure if I'm doing a green theme or a drinking theme yet, though.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Niemat posted:

I sent some out on Thursday, and have another batch going this week.

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

Niemat posted:

I'll be sending some things out this week, hopefully. I kinda gave up on making cards though so they'll just be envelopes of stickers and things :ohdear:

Looks like I'll have 3-4 St Patrick's envelopes that aren't already earmarked to people. Anyone want one?

miryei fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 5, 2012

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

Niemat posted:

I got yours, too!! I've just been a lame recipient and haven't posted a picture yet... :saddowns:

That being said, tomorrow I have a day off, and I will be posting pictures of all my awesome Goonentines...! Because awesome things are worth waiting for, and that's why we all love snail mail... Right?? :ohdear:

And Rufus, I tried to get on your level--I really did. Did you get your scale from the post office proper? Or did you pick up a kitchen scale?

I got an actual postage scale at Office Depot. They come in different weights - I got the one for mail lighter than 5 pounds. It was about $30.

I'm probably not going to send mail for St. Patrick's or Easter, but will instead choose some random and delicious holiday in between!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

miryei posted:

I'll be sending some things out this week, hopefully. I kinda gave up on making cards though so they'll just be envelopes of stickers and things :ohdear:

Looks like I'll have 3-4 St Patrick's envelopes that aren't already earmarked to people. Anyone want one?

Meeeee!!!! :buddy:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

miryei posted:

I will always take in mail needing a good home. :)

Also, glad to hear people are doing St. Patty's mail! :buddy: My cards will be in the mail Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how fast I can find awesome cards.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I wanted to say a very late thank you to MuseofAllSoup, I am going to have to wear that In N Out hat somewhere, don't know where. And I got a returned card for Miranda C. today :(.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I got a couple of cards back. Molten Llama, I got a "not deliverable as addressed" on yours. -D-, I put the wrong address on yours; that's the tradeoff for addressing these things by hand. I'll get that back out ASAP.

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
I sent out a batch of St Patrick's Day cards today, but then I ran out of stamps, so the rest might be late.

Rufus En Fuego, I'm considering just sending you random family recipes...

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Team Lunch, your package of Irish/Americana arrived yesterday. Thank you! :D

I've just bought some more goonmail supplies, so going to be mailing out some stuff soon because this is truly awesome to be a part of.

I have a request though; I'm going through some housemate drama at the moment, and really need some Goony support and ideas for how to get through another 3 months of it. So if anyone can send words of support, housemate disaster kit items, good ideas for staying sane, or just gruesome comics of a couple meeting their ends at the pointy end of an ironing board, then the evil part of my brain can stay amused, and I might make the three months without flipping out.

If anyone can help me, my address is REMOVED. Will reply to any and all with stupid Australian crap or stuff I can steal from work. Borrow. I mean borrrow.

Now, where'd I put the colouring pens...?! :)

Skels fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 30, 2020

20inch
May 26, 2010

elementary.

AuntBuck posted:

I wanted to say a very late thank you to MuseofAllSoup, I am going to have to wear that In N Out hat somewhere, don't know where. And I got a returned card for Miranda C. today :(.

:( This makes me very sad. I'm not sure how to make it any better, as that is my real name. I guess the Post Office here just doesn't want to deliver any of my mail.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I owe some seriously late Valentine's thanks to thepitgoddess, Famine Poodle, Pirate Scurvy, -D- (I am going to see the ladymens on Friday, if I get past security I will pass on your request), MuseOfAllSoup, Tragedy Sherbert (I love the beer cozy!), Meriruka, Cmdr Tomalak and last but not least, Ruby Sprinkles

I am working on my second batch of St. Patrick's Day mail today (expect something skels!), and then I will prepare for Easter. Beyond that I have some some random summer mail in the works.

Also, I encourage all cat people to out themselves for some goodies I've been collecting.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

lamb posted:

I owe some seriously late Valentine's thanks to thepitgoddess, Famine Poodle, Pirate Scurvy, -D- (I am going to see the ladymens on Friday, if I get past security I will pass on your request), MuseOfAllSoup, Tragedy Sherbert (I love the beer cozy!), Meriruka, Cmdr Tomalak and last but not least, Ruby Sprinkles

I am working on my second batch of St. Patrick's Day mail today (expect something skels!), and then I will prepare for Easter. Beyond that I have some some random summer mail in the works.

Also, I encourage all cat people to out themselves for some goodies I've been collecting.

I, for one, am a cat person! Let's just say that Zoey is a little wary of envelopes after I opened one and got glitter bombed. It...kinda got all over her.

Zoey does not like glitter.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lamb posted:

Major cat person here!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
I think it's been previously established that we're pretty much all cat ladies in this thread.

The Phantom Harness
Sep 9, 2004

stop browsing in your underwear
I'm really sick of only getting bills in my mail.

The Phantom Harness
725 West Glenn Apt 108
Auburn, AL, 36832
USA

I'm a 23 year old guy who doesn't want anything NWS on the outside of the envelope. I'm up for pretty much anything though.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

I think it's been previously established that we're pretty much all cat ladies in this thread.

Yuh-huh. :3:

I won't be doing St. Patrick's, I am going to send out my last way overdue valentine's then take a little break. Just an FYI. If anyone needs my address for anything, or anything else for anything, just PM. I still have a few things to send, hopefully y'all weren't holding your breath. cardboardRobot, Thermophonic Joy, and a couple of others are to get things soon as possible. Cheers :)

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

when worlds collide posted:

Yuh-huh. :3:

I won't be doing St. Patrick's, I am going to send out my last way overdue valentine's then take a little break. Just an FYI. If anyone needs my address for anything, or anything else for anything, just PM. I still have a few things to send, hopefully y'all weren't holding your breath. cardboardRobot, Thermophonic Joy, and a couple of others are to get things soon as possible. Cheers :)

No worries. :3:

I too won't be sending anything out for St. Patricks day, though I will be sending cards out sometime in the early spring. I haven't forgotten about those who requested extreme connect the dots. I am still taking requests for those by the way.

I've been busy digging into my savings for resass this month and just signed up for the year long gift giving thing. But I won't be forgetting about my original goon mail pals! Don't you worry!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

lamb posted:

I've been out of the closet on this one for a while, but I might as well wave my arms frantically since you're asking.

Couldn't quite swing postage last payday, but I am expecting a surplus next week and will be mailing all kinds of things! :buddy:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

cardboardRobot posted:

Fact. Also a cat lady. :3:

Edit: In fact, now that I think about it, I think my first picture post with my first bits of mail involved my cats... In true cat lady fashion.

Niemat fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Mar 8, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Ok, I put the long-promised mail for cardboardRobot, Thermophonic Joy, Cmdr Tomalak, and hyperhazard in the post this morning. I hope I am not forgetting anyone who sent me anything, I always will send something back and I'd be so choked if I forgot someone.

I'm also kind of worried because I sent to quite a few people for Valentine's, but very few posted that they received mine in particular, although they were posting in this thread and received things from other people. Hoping my mail didn't get eaten or something. I am pretty sure the one mail got stolen that I sent to the goon in Chile, I think that was the one with the mail thievery? But I really hope everyone else got theirs. Some people I sent two things to, like skels (hope you got the second Valentine!). But hopefully eventually they'll all make their way to their intended recipients.

Anyway, I'm going to take a break from mailing for a bit, please don't anyone feel that they have to send me anything back. My address has been removed (thank you lamb, you goddess of post, you) and I'll ask her to put it back up when I'm ready for another go round. Thank you everyone for everything! You all really cheered me up with the mail. :3:

PS cat ladies *fist pump*

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
I have a loooooooooooot of unopened Valentines sitting on my desk, and therefore a loooooooooooooooot of thank-yous to say, but life's been killing me lately. Hopefully I'll be able to open my sweet, sweet goon mail soon and give the overdue props. :(

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
For some reason I spent the last few days believing that today was St. Patrick's Day. I woke up this morning after a long night drawing shamrocks and realized that I was insane.

I have about 10 cards done so far that will be going out tomorrow (including yours, cardboardRobot. Took me two &%$*@#!! weeks to find a set of 6x9 envelopes.) I attempted handmade ones this time, so they might look a little special.

Anyone have a preference for shamrocks vs. beer steins?

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Got my first bit of mail in awhile. Thank you lamb for the St. Patricks day stuff! The hand made shamrock is awesome! I'm also wearing the bracelet right now.

Tragedy Sherbert
Dec 16, 2011
The tragedy is it's not ice cream
Team Lunch, I got your lovely green envelope full of Irish Awesome today! Thanks so much! It really made my day!

Devi Electro
Oct 13, 2008

Everything is lovely.
I just mailed out my three St. Patrick's/Thank You cards to those who sent me something for Valentine's Day, but didn't get anything in return. I wanted to return the favor. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
Hey when worlds collide:

I received your letter last week, and I love everything in it (I have the Canadian Tire money in my wallet). Sorry for not posting it earlier.
Also I got a card from Rufus En Fuego

The dehydrated unicorn semen was the last ingredient I needed for the ritual to prepare myself to kill Dracula (There's a Dracula descendant living in Valparaiso, true story).
Thank you both, I'm going to send some letters between tomorrow and monday.