Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
Universe A1 was created by 48 heroic squiddles, what the hell are you guys talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Duh, did you just miss the part where Earth was transformed into a giant aquarium? Who do you think we're about to be introduced to when these coffin stuffers bite it!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Hussmaster posted:

Songs:
“Another Jungle” by Bowman, and “A Taste for Adventure” by Beatfox.
Both songs will be on the album coming out after the contest album (i.e. in a couple months) and both have extended versions that you will think are pretty sick.
No I want them now :argh:

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Cabbit posted:

Yeah, this is what I was getting at. Which mainly leaves UU and uu as the odd ducks out, though if this is the point in the chain where things go off the rails then who knows who they might be.

I think UU and uu could still be on the conquered Earth.

There is no reckoning associated with the kids' session. So it's possible that Years In The Future after Dirk and Roxy, meaning after they defeated the Condescence who is currently on Derse (which I assume would have consequences back on conquered Earth, perhaps explaining the historical records), there could be another session from conquered Earth that could include The Reckoning for Earth.

This supports the escaping the loop theory, but says nothing about which session does the escaping and which spawns A1.

Crazier theories:
- UU and uu are already in the session, having being born or made there, and plan on escaping the session by playing their SBURB-equivalent. This also explains why they lose access to the timeline after the kids enter, because they can't access their own timeline. Also explains historical records, if the kids came through and defended Prospit / liberated Derse.

- There are only two universes. A1 and B1, and A2 and B2 are the same universes. edit: I just parsed the sentence that I had put here originally and it didn't make any sense, so whoops. This could explain how the Condescense's battleship could have traveled to B2 Earth. Doesn't explain why Doc Scratch believes B2 Earth to be beyond his influence. Perhaps as a first guardian he is not allowed to influence another planet that has a first guardian; he doesn't start talking to the B1 kids until they are in the medium. Universe creation is an issue though: we know universe 2 created universe 1, we're currently in universe 2 again, so who created universe 2? Which is why I relegate this theory to the crazy pile.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 9, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think my favorite part of the flash is that shot of Roxy facing the oncoming drones. No one wears the scarf and bees the rider better than Roxy. Very...Mega Man-esque, or something.

Also, since Dave was presumably alive for some portion of Dirk's life, and Dave made Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff THE MOIVE during his lifetime as well, doesn't that mean that this really does take place only a handful of years in the future? Like, maybe 10 years at the most?

E: Wonder how GCat got onto Earth without a reckoning?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I always liked how the flashes where people were walking up stairs has their foot reaching every step which means they're taking every step one at a time.

Lupus Rufus posted:

I'm getting a Mega Man Battle Network vibe from Bowman's song, and a Skyrim vibe from Beatfox's. I really like them.

Personally whenever I hear that specific riff in a song (the fast drum beat one), I'm always reminded of The Man with The Machine Gun from Final Fantasy 8.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 9, 2012

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

TheDemon posted:

- There are only two universes. A1 and B1, and A2 and B2 are the same universes. edit: I just parsed the sentence that I had put here originally and it didn't make any sense, so whoops. This could explain how the Condescense's battleship could have traveled to B2 Earth. Doesn't explain why Doc Scratch believes B2 Earth to be beyond his influence. Perhaps as a first guardian he is not allowed to influence another planet that has a first guardian; he doesn't start talking to the B1 kids until they are in the medium. Universe creation is an issue though: we know universe 2 created universe 1, we're currently in universe 2 again, so who created universe 2? Which is why I relegate this theory to the crazy pile.

It could be that he knows that the Condense will be LE's representative in B2, so therefore there isn't any real need for him to meddle there because she has her own plans for Earth that'll satisfy LE.

He only interfered in B1 because there was no other way to set up B2. Otherwise, the game would've ended with the kids losing because of Jack, so there'd be no Scratch and thus no B2. There'd be no need for him to appear earlier in B1 because the kids had no reason to ask for his help. When Jack went nuts and the session was at the point where the kids would lose no matter what, he could conveniently pop up and tell them about the Scratch to goad them to making the B2 universe because there were no other options.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 9, 2012

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
This is like the lamest thing ever, but I hope this messed-up situation the game is in (no reckoning, eternal stalemate, trollish usurpers, dogs and cats sleeping together, mass hysteria) means we get to see more prospit vs. derse politicking and skullduggery.

esp. trashy derse tabloid headlines. have you seen what the black queen in exile is wearing this season

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
And curtain. Looks like we're set for another month-long intermission taking us right to 4/13/2012 and presumably the beta kids crashing the session. Finally our long national nightmare will be over.

(Not really, because I assume A6A3 is going to concentrate on the rest of the alpha kids getting into the Medium.)

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Seoinin posted:

This is like the lamest thing ever, but I hope this messed-up situation the game is in (no reckoning, eternal stalemate, trollish usurpers, dogs and cats sleeping together, mass hysteria) means we get to see more prospit vs. derse politicking and skullduggery.

esp. trashy derse tabloid headlines. have you seen what the black queen in exile is wearing this season

Knowing the Condesce, she probably has the old Black Queen's mutilated body somewhere public for everyone to see. :v:

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.
Well, that's it for Act 6.2. Wonder what the Intermission is gonna focus on? Also, what do you think is the chance that the intermission at the end of Act 6.3 will mirror the Felt intermission somehow?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
I just realized the best part of this: 6.3 is likely going to begin with Jane's Medium intro flash. Not gonna lie, those are some of my favorite pages. :dance:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Robo Pope posted:

Well, that's it for Act 6.2. Wonder what the Intermission is gonna focus on? Also, what do you think is the chance that the intermission at the end of Act 6.3 will mirror the Felt intermission somehow?

I am praying with the entirety of my being that it's a month of shenanigans on the troll/human meteor express. I want to see some sitcom-quality antics, with Karkat screaming in the background in place of a laugh track.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

what's the upside down daedric this time?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

If we do get more Meteor type interaction, my assumption is that all three years will have passed, with both groups nearing the end of their journeys and people somewhat changed.

A few passing expositions will be made, but most of what went on will only be hinted at.

The alternative is that something like half the journey is done, and if that's the case, I want to see John and Jade going stir-crazy, like you do if you get stuck with a sibling for a long time.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Krinkle posted:

The same thing that always comes after "YEARS IN THE FUTURE".

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Krinkle posted:

"But not many."

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.

Walliard posted:

I just realized the best part of this: 6.3 is likely going to begin with Jane's Medium intro flash. Not gonna lie, those are some of my favorite pages. :dance:

Agreed. The introduction of new landscapes to explore gives such a sense of wonder. I love LOLAR's intro, but that's pretty obvious (avatar).

Can't wait for tomorrow's updates!

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
I still can't believe those two 13-year-olds will be sitting on a ship for three years. I mean, I know they have the populations of like five planets to keep them company, but man, what does a kid do in that time when they don't have school or family (aside from your internet friend who is actually your weird ecto-sibling) obligations to look after?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I could make the obvious joke about what your average thirteen year old boy would do given three years of isolation, but probably spend three years trying to keep the consorts from ruining everything. I imagine John is going to try and set himself up as that judge from Night Court.

Also, Davesprite is there too. That's enough people to have a really bitter and hurtful game of Monopoly.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
They'll spend most of their time mediating between the various consorts. With two players in another universe, the entire grist economy will plummet, forcing John to scramble through LOHACSE to minimize the damage. Meanwhile, the salamanders plunder Rose's house of it's knitwear, beginning a whole new society of wool-lords. Then the iguanas start yelling at Jade to fish the drat Genesis Frog out of the Forge already so she can finish her quest.

I imagine they will all be very busy.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Lady of the Beech posted:

I still can't believe those two 13-year-olds will be sitting on a ship for three years. I mean, I know they have the populations of like five planets to keep them company, but man, what does a kid do in that time when they don't have school or family (aside from your internet friend who is actually your weird ecto-sibling) obligations to look after?

The fandom can give you all sorts of suggestions.

ALL SORTS:unsmigghh:

To be honest, I didn't really enjoy this particular flash; things got a tad too weird and unexplainable and I can't help but laugh at the stiff pose the imperial drones are always having. Hopefully the next act will begin with a beautiful introduction to wherever Jane ended up in.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

Hempuli posted:

The fandom can give you all sorts of suggestions.

ALL SORTS:unsmigghh:

To be honest, I didn't really enjoy this particular flash; things got a tad too weird and unexplainable and I can't help but laugh at the stiff pose the imperial drones are always having. Hopefully the next act will begin with a beautiful introduction to wherever Jane ended up in.

Oh god no keep the fandom away from me.

>posts in thread full of homestuck fans

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
After completing all of the side quests in their lands, John and Jade will slowly become extremely distrusting of each other/crazy and start converting their homes into impenetrable fortresses staffed with their land's consorts and armed with copies of things like Eridan's laser gun. The remnants of the Prospit and Derse armies will join John or Jade as "advisers", but only because they fear for their lives. Despite constantly threatening each other, they will never go to war and will just stay cooped up in their fortresses. Davesprite will go to Dave's land and ignore John and Jade. Nannasprite will be with John because damnit, he's her grandson/ectobiological son, no matter how deranged and paranoid he is. Jaspersprite will "join" Jade because Jade will be delusional and believe that Jaspers is actually Bec.

When they finally reach the new session, John will kidnap Jane and threaten to kill her unless she proves she isn't a spy used by Jade. Nannasprite will intervene and free her before John can smash her to death with a large hammer while cursing out Jade. Only a group intervention from the trolls + Rose and Dave + the B2 kids will help start to cure them of their chronic mental health issues.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Cabbit posted:

I could make the obvious joke about what your average thirteen year old boy would do given three years of isolation, but probably spend three years trying to keep the consorts from ruining everything. I imagine John is going to try and set himself up as that judge from Night Court.

Also, Davesprite is there too. That's enough people to have a really bitter and hurtful game of Monopoly.

So, every game of monopoly ever? :v:

KoB
May 1, 2009

closeted republican posted:

After completing all of the side quests in their lands, John and Jade will slowly become extremely distrusting of each other/crazy and start converting their homes into impenetrable fortresses staffed with their land's consorts and armed with copies of things like Eridan's laser gun. The remnants of the Prospit and Derse armies will join John or Jade as "advisers", but only because they fear for their lives. Despite constantly threatening each other, they will never go to war and will just stay cooped up in their fortresses. Davesprite will go to Dave's land and ignore John and Jade. Nannasprite will be with John because damnit, he's her grandson/ectobiological son, no matter how deranged and paranoid he is. Jaspersprite will "join" Jade because Jade will be delusional and believe that Jaspers is actually Bec.

When they finally reach the new session, John will kidnap Jane and threaten to kill her unless she proves she isn't a spy used by Jade. Nannasprite will intervene and free her before John can smash her to death with a large hammer while cursing out Jade. Only a group intervention from the trolls + Rose and Dave + the B2 kids will help start to cure them of their chronic mental health issues.

Kids and Fun!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The thing about the upside down, reversed daedric is that you can vaguely tell what the words mean as long as they represent some running gag and are within a recognizable context. The letters aren't that far off from latinized ones. So if the sentence is "$(#%)#%! @( <== &$#*#" on an exile's console it's obviously press ==> to continue.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=041.jpg

I mean, if they're going to eventually fight Lord English, they may as well be ready.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Going to guess that it's 11 years in the future. That makes it viable that Dirk and Roxy knew their guardians before they were killed, and also means that the two were contemporary celebrities for Jane and Jake to know.

We also don't have to wonder how the two survived after their meteors arrived on Earth decades or centuries after the Earth was taken over. Roxy's Mom and Dirk's Bro probably saw the writing on the wall and made preparations to keep Roxy and Dirk safe and hidden.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe they previously lived in the same time as Jane and Jake, until some sort of incident forced them to the future? Hell if I know.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Given Jade spent the best part of a decade alone on an island with only a superpowered dog and an Internet connection for company, she's probably fairly well equipped to deal with this. John, perhaps less so.

What happens when they go to sleep? Do they show up in the dream bubbles? If so, it'd be impressive if they managed to go three years without bumping into Rose, Dave, Karkat, dead Vriska, etc.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Cabbit posted:

moneybagshearst dies tragically

Has anyone considered Jake and Jane might be a whole generation apart from Dirk and Roxy? To you know, mirror the age of the B1 guardians.

that ship is a ticking time bomb of a pun.

snucks fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Mar 9, 2012

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Paul.Power posted:

What happens when they go to sleep? Do they show up in the dream bubbles? If so, it'd be impressive if they managed to go three years without bumping into Rose, Dave, Karkat, dead Vriska, etc.

Maybe being in Husspace impairs that somehow. Let's hope they don't have to share dreams with Andrew, or else they might get the ending spoiled.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Walliard posted:

Maybe being in Husspace impairs that somehow. Let's hope they don't have to share dreams with Andrew, or else they might get the ending spoiled.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that the Furthest Ring connects everything in the multiverse Hussie has created, but Hussie's author avatar lives in the real world where we all live (but it has flying Neverending Story dogs for some reason) and thus isn't connected. So they won't be connected to the dream bubbles at all. They'll just have dumb mundane forgettable dreams like the rest of us for three years.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

We should see scenes of John and Jade doing completely insane poo poo. In the middle of a bunch of asteroid drama, we get single frames of them having some bizarre fight, doing castaway stuff like starting fires with sticks, doing a rain dance with their consorts, yelling at chalk drawings like Terezi, wearing scraps of their old clothes like loincloths, building giant statues of Dave and Rose, whatever.

And then when they get to the other side they're completely normal, and it never really comes up again.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I'm pretty sure there was already a comic someone made specifically about John and Jade trying to keep their sanity with board games during the trip, and eventually screaming at each other and fighting hilarious.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jazu posted:

We should see scenes of John and Jade doing completely insane poo poo. In the middle of a bunch of asteroid drama, we get single frames of them having some bizarre fight, doing castaway stuff like starting fires with sticks, doing a rain dance with their consorts, yelling at chalk drawings like Terezi, wearing scraps of their old clothes like loincloths, building giant statues of Dave and Rose, whatever.

And then when they get to the other side they're completely normal, and it never really comes up again.

Set it all to the Can Town music.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
It just occurred to me that Roxy's occasionally unusually troll-like vocabulary (like referring to "wigglers" and using Troll Romance terminology) is because she grew up in a world ruled by the Condesce.

Welp!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh god no keep the fandom away from me.

That's not really what he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
...uh.