Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

prefect posted:

That's the kind of thing people used to say about Howard. "He's got so much talent, if only he put it to good use instead of being mean..."

Yeah problem is Howard seems to still be a miserable guy for how much he has and what he's done. If the show isn't driving him any more, what is?

Photography? :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

hunter x az posted:

Life is a lot more enjoyable when you're not busy being lovely and negative about something all the time. Drop the negativity and you'll be a lot happier...

The ellipsis makes me think you are uncertain and don't believe your own words...

I truly believe Beth genuinely doesn't want oral performed on her, wasn't hosed by John Stamos and that she doesn't love Howard for his money...

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

hunter x az posted:

likes working (or at least likes the routine and framework it provides)

I think he still likes doing the show

quote:

If the show isn't driving him any more, what is?

Howard has openly said the reason he keeps working is for the money, and the current state of the show clearly reflects that.

He already earned $400 million from 2006-2010, and if he signed this new contract for the money, how much money does he need to be satisfied? If he has more money than God, and can't be bothered to do the radio show more than 8 hours a week, why not retire? I don't get it.

I take no issue with listeners that still enjoy the show, I just don't understand Howard's motivations or his total lack of effort.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Let's face it, the show died in a congealed pool of blood in december 2009 in an apartment in Hoboken, New Jersey.

Now, let's bow our heads.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

chiz posted:

Let's face it, the show died in a congealed pool of blood in december 2009 in an apartment in Hoboken, New Jersey.

Now, let's bow our heads.

Amen.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn_TMfNWXCw

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Former Human posted:

Howard has openly said the reason he keeps working is for the money, and the current state of the show clearly reflects that.

He already earned $400 million from 2006-2010, and if he signed this new contract for the money, how much money does he need to be satisfied? If he has more money than God, and can't be bothered to do the radio show more than 8 hours a week, why not retire? I don't get it.

I take no issue with listeners that still enjoy the show, I just don't understand Howard's motivations or his total lack of effort.

When did Howard say that? Not saying he didn't I just like to know. I've heard him say he resigned to give his staff another payday but even that seemed like he was kind of kidding.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The Adam Levine interview was pretty good, but god drat, I love when Howard goes off on his sex rants and not understanding how people don't just jizz everywhere all the time like him. Just the level of questions and his determination or proud ignorance, always cracks me up.

Levine's Russian Girl: "Well if you only last 30 seconds what does the woman get out of it?"
Howard: "Who cares".

That pause before he answered was killing me, like he was trying not to be honest then he just rolls with it anyway. It's great, he seems almost at his 1st wife levels of sexual frustration again, my favorite Howard.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

CrazyAss13 posted:

When did Howard say that?

He and Benjy had a whole conversation about it on the air. After Howard said it he sort of backpedaled by saying "you know I have a family, I have kids to take care of," except his daughters are grown and it doesn't cost $400 million to send your kid to college.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Former Human posted:

He and Benjy had a whole conversation about it on the air. After Howard said it he sort of backpedaled by saying "you know I have a family, I have kids to take care of," except his daughters are grown and it doesn't cost $400 million to send your kid to college.

He's just taking a page from the Latrell Sprewell playbook.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
My favorite revelation is that Gary throws his used baby wipes in the trash. So gross.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

My favorite revelation is that Gary throws his used baby wipes in the trash. So gross.

Are they meant to be flushed? I use those Lysol wipes to clean my sink and whatnot and it took about six months before I read the label where it states "DO NOT FLUSH DOWN TOILET. MAY CAUSE TOXIC FUMES." Why must everything cause toxic fumes?!

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
You can buy ones that are flushable, but you shouldn't flush normal ones because they really gently caress up your pipes.

e. \/\/\/ What have they got, some type of diaper genie for adults? That must smell awful.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 6, 2012

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

haljordan posted:

Are they meant to be flushed? I use those Lysol wipes to clean my sink and whatnot and it took about six months before I read the label where it states "DO NOT FLUSH DOWN TOILET. MAY CAUSE TOXIC FUMES." Why must everything cause toxic fumes?!

Sewer gasses are a wonderful combination of many things that love to mix with bleach fumes to form all kinds of dangerous things.

My company has an office in Brazil and when you visit there one of the first things they do is give you a small orientation on the fact that you can't flush toilet paper there because the sewer system can't handle it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Sewer gasses are a wonderful combination of many things that love to mix with bleach fumes to form all kinds of dangerous things.

My company has an office in Brazil and when you visit there one of the first things they do is give you a small orientation on the fact that you can't flush toilet paper there because the sewer system can't handle it.

Do they give you another orientation on how to get the gently caress out of Brazil after learning that?

I believe its like that in Greece as well.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haljordan posted:

Do they give you another orientation on how to get the gently caress out of Brazil after learning that?

I believe its like that in Greece as well.

And in Ratso's house. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiREIibtiEY

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
Is two tapings of AGT worth driving 9 hours and taking a day off of work to see?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Howard's rant about the club during the Lohan section yesterday sounded like me bitching to my girlfriend. I loving hate clubs, especially going to and living in a college town.

Maybe I'm just an old piece of poo poo or something

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Is two tapings of AGT worth driving 9 hours and taking a day off of work to see?

I think I only had so much fun for being front row and 4 seats away from Eric the Midget.

That seems a bit excessive.

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
I think the show still has the potential to be OK.

The show on monday was the first ive enjoyed in quite a while. I guess because Howard seemed to be more 'passionate' than usual in his ranting. Raging on Imus and Rush Limbaugh, shutting down Pittsburgh Pete, Howard barely containing how lame he thought John Liberman's news bit was, toilet investigation, Jonah Hill interview. All of these made me laugh way more than usual at the show.

All it needed to really elevate it was Artie in the studio chiming in... *sigh*

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Being in an audience isn't usually fun, the whole process sounds horrible. I've been to a few different shows and it usually is a pain. I feel like I'm trapped, you get no down time, you wait around, you can't use a phone or gameboy or anything, you don't know if you can get food or water, sometimes they toss out stupid little treats like you are a barking seal.

I hate being in a crowd in general, but I've never had fun admiring stars or watching a show with others, so if it means that much to see people in person then do it, but otherwise, use those 9 hours and day off to go for a walk, read a book, play a game, watch TV, anything man, but if you make that drive and spend that effort, you turn down the Bobo lane and you might build a shrine soon.

If you are in the area, tickets seem pretty easy to get, I got some and didn't go (uggh, they want you to dress up AND act a fool to stay on camera?) and will probably just wait for the first episode to check it out then listen to Howard talk about all the stuff that interest me more than a talent show on his radio show.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I love Conan O'Brien, but it kinda sucked being in studio for a taping. Plus, my friend and I almost got tossed because some random goofball in the audience pitched a fit about SUNY or something.

I've also heard horror stories about people being pitched out of Letterman tapings for making a face or whatever when they pan the audience. TV tapings are OK, but you gotta play ball in a serious way. It's very tightly controlled, and they'll often get rid of you if they so much as don't like the look of you.

All that said, if you're patient, and not prone to acting like a dickweed, they're not so bad. If you're into checking out Howard in person, go for it. It's not like it ain't fun ditching work over bullshit, plus it's not the worst way to spend a day. I very much doubt you'll get a fan experience like Atom, though.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
I went to a Conan taping when he was still in New York, and I'd have to say that it wasn't that great. I remember one thing that kind of annoyed me. You wait in line for what seems like an eternity, but they won't let you sit down. There was a line before you get on the elevator to go up to the floor that had the studio, and some of us were leaning on the wall or sitting on the floor. One of the jerkoff NBC people was going around telling people that they had to stand. Not sure of the reason why. If people complained, they would say something to the effect that you shouldn't complain, you are getting in for free. I don't think I would go to a TV taping again.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
Hmm, thanks for the advice. If I got to sit so close and meet ETM I'd go, but that's not in the cards. I got to attend the Film Festival in 06 so I've already met a ton of the dudes from the show... just not Stern. Why the hell isn't this show coming back to Minneapolis!?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Has Howard had anything to say about the latest Limbaugh business, with the slut/prostitute name-calling at a college student?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

prefect posted:

Has Howard had anything to say about the latest Limbaugh business, with the slut/prostitute name-calling at a college student?

I think he discussed it on Monday, but it didn't get as much attention as the Imus comments directed at Howard.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

I think he discussed it on Monday, but it didn't get as much attention as the Imus comments directed at Howard.

Imus said something about Howard recently? Or do you mean when he said Beth had herpes? (Yeah, I don't listen any more, which maybe means I shouldn't be in this thread, but I was a crazed fan for so long, it's hard to let go.)

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

prefect posted:

Imus said something about Howard recently?

Yeah, he made a comment on his show about how Howard isn't relevant anymore. You can read the recap here (second paragraph): http://marksfriggin.com/news12/3-5.htm#mon

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

Yeah, he made a comment on his show about how Howard isn't relevant anymore. You can read the recap here (second paragraph): http://marksfriggin.com/news12/3-5.htm#mon

Thanks for the link.

Howard used to goof on celebrities who went to Knicks games to be seen. :smith:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

prefect posted:

Thanks for the link.

Howard used to goof on celebrities who went to Knicks games to be seen. :smith:

He also used to never call people he got in fights with to talk with them, he found out Rosie is pretty cool (once she dropped her fake I'm not a lesbian bullshit) and turned a lot of enemies into friends.

I like when Howard goofs on people and is still friends with them, like Chaz Bono. Chaz seems cool, so I don't mind that, but Ellen is a boring bland vomit for this show.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I thought you guys would be interested in this overlap. Bubba has given Sam Simon a show every friday on radioio.com and it is loving AWFUL. Last week was Sam and a buddy from PETA circle jerking about how terrible meat is and how we could feed the world if we stopped raising domesticated animals. Tune in tonight at 6pm eastern if you feel like being talked down to.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

I thought you guys would be interested in this overlap. Bubba has given Sam Simon a show every friday on radioio.com and it is loving AWFUL. Last week was Sam and a buddy from PETA circle jerking about how terrible meat is and how we could feed the world if we stopped raising domesticated animals. Tune in tonight at 6pm eastern if you feel like being talked down to.

Unless it's a Nedtacular with four solid hours of Apocalypse Ned bits or a rare Drew Garbo Show for those of us who listened to Real Radio back in the early -oughts, IO is brutal.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Szyznyk posted:

Unless it's a Nedtacular with four solid hours of Apocalypse Ned bits or a rare Drew Garbo Show for those of us who listened to Real Radio back in the early -oughts, IO is brutal.

I caught some of the Sam Simon show last week as it comes on after the Shannon Burke show (which I actually like for some strange reason), holy poo poo the show sucked. Not only for the content, but they were have so many technical issues that it was just godawful. Bubba's IO show is also loving horrible, they just mail it in for the 1.5 hours.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I caught some of the Sam Simon show last week as it comes on after the Shannon Burke show (which I actually like for some strange reason), holy poo poo the show sucked. Not only for the content, but they were have so many technical issues that it was just godawful. Bubba's IO show is also loving horrible, they just mail it in for the 1.5 hours.

Shanon's show is pretty funny. It kind of reminds me of bubba back in the early Sirius days. A guy who is getting a second chance and is just having fun.

Oh and not for nothing Colin G Brady is a vile horrible human being. And I use the Colin voice all the time. I can't come in work today I got explosive diarrhea haha yeaaaah

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

ch3cooh posted:

Oh and not for nothing Colin G Brady is a vile horrible human being. And I use the Colin voice all the time. I can't come in work today I got explosive diarrhea haha yeaaaah

Yeah what the gently caress is up with this guy? It's like he constantly has a black cloud over his head (which he created for himself). I, too find myself using that voice randomly. In the short time I have listened, he:

• constantly has explosive diarrhea causing him to miss work
  • has had to go to court a few times to settle child support issues
  • had to be admitted to the hospital for heart problems
  • made it known that his sons have like 7 different names
  • had his power shut off for owing a ton to the energy company (in which, listeners actually donated to him thousands of dollars to get it back on
  • got evicted
  • clearly makes it known that he is one of the cheapest fucks on the planet (which makes the show funny as they constantly tear him a new rear end in a top hat over)

Any Stern fans that haven't listened to the show, check it out.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Don't forget his horrendous personal hygiene, his blind dog that smells like poo poo because it has "dying skin" his obnoxious Boston homerism ("if the giants beat the patriots in the loving super bowl I'm going to loving kill myself"), claiming to be the best pussy licker in the world and that he prefers pussies that have some "seasoning" not clean.

E: and I made this weeks walk off rewind!

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 10, 2012

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
They let anyone on internet radio these days.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sam Simon is kinda repulsive to me. Maybe it's because he has the dream life. Gets paid millions for a show he hasn't touched in 20 years and spends his time doing stupid pointlessly expensive poo poo like playing high roller poker and lounging around the Hamptoms. He's bizarro Ralph.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I can't fault him too much, he paid for a friend's dog to get a surgery they couldn't afford through his charity.

It is funny Ralph leeched on to him and is busy sucking him dry however.

Anyone check out Champions Magazine? I don't have an ipad/phone but I can't imagine it is worth buying.

If it was free and a website, I'd probably check it out every now and then.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

They let anyone on internet radio these days.

Shannon has been in radio for a long time. He was the guy in Orlando a couple years ago that accidentally shot his wife and her dog. Colin was Shannon's producer back in the day and after Shannon got fired moved on to a Christian station where he was fired for saying gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sam Simon was at least responsible for something creative. Most of the people that live near Hamptons Howie are worth 3 times what Sam's worth from either gun smuggling or stealing money from peoples' hedge funds and pensions. Which are probably a little less honorable than "co-created one of the greatest TV shows ever".

So I have a hard time not feeling like he's living the dream and more power to him.

Ralphiecakes Kaelin leeching on is pretty amusing though.