Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emo Rodeo
Dec 28, 2006

This is one mystic quest

SpazmasterX posted:

This chapter was literally about skipping stones and it's somehow still as entertaining as every chapter before it.

I laughed so hard when the fish popped out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Man, this manga strikes the best balance between gags and fights. I never thought this manga would be this good; glad I'm wrong.

Dat fish.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Emo Rodeo posted:

I laughed so hard when the fish popped out of the water.

I laughed when Oga killed every fish.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Oga is the best dad.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

pnumoman posted:

Man, this manga strikes the best balance between gags and fights. I never thought this manga would be this good; glad I'm wrong.

Dat fish.

The :negative: in response was so good.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
In this issue: Oga goes all out against a four year old.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

It turned into a real shounen for two pages!

Also look at that graph on the recap panel

(sorry for the lazy crop)

bondster
May 6, 2007

So the latest episode of the anime is filler, but it produced something I feel like I should share with you all

MadiTC
May 31, 2011

bondster posted:

So the latest episode of the anime is filler, but it produced something I feel like I should share with you all

I just spat out my drink, thank you sir.

I love this series, even the filler is amazing. :allears:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

bondster posted:

Holy balls.

KoB
May 1, 2009
And Natsume is Kamen Rider.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

bondster posted:

That is amazing.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

bondster posted:

Oh my god.

Is the anime worth watching? Because that is so good.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

Oh my god.

Is the anime worth watching? Because that is so good.

I stopped watching a while back, but some of the filler really fits the series and is pretty hysterical.

Though it really downplays the badass parts and sticks primarily to comedy. (keep in mind that a lot of the gags are all filler)

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I haven't been able to get into the anime... Just seemed like a lot of filler, but maybe I should give it a shot after all.

coathat
May 21, 2007

The anime is dead to me forever because they made the pudding dance stupid. Ruined one of the best scenes. Unforgivable.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for the thread making me aware of this. I caught up with the manga in about 2 days. It elevated from great manga to Best Manga when an entire group of villains was defeated during their introduction panels.

Sounds like the anime is a disappointment though.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Reo posted:

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for the thread making me aware of this. I caught up with the manga in about 2 days. It elevated from great manga to Best Manga when an entire group of villains was defeated during their introduction panels.

Sounds like the anime is a disappointment though.

The anime does really well with the comedy stuff although it has boned up some of the gags, but my complaint is that it heavily undervalues the climactic battle scenes. It feels like there's no tension or atmosphere at all and the quality of the fight scene animation is poor. I know it's primarily a gag manga with shounen-power thrown in but the manga still manages to make the (even semi-) serious battles look pretty awesome. Hopefully the coming battle-heavy parts will be done better.

I'll still watch it no matter what though. I love all the voice acting and I still laugh a ton.

edit: All of the filler so far has been great. It's unfortunate that the anime started without giving the manga another arc or so to get some more mileage because it seems to me that there's been just a little too much filler going on.

Reiche fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 1, 2012

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Chapter 146 is up

edit: Lol Creepichi in fine form. Can't wait for the rest of the arc.

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 1, 2012

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Ah, Creepichi is finally embracing his true self. I also like how Himekawa's money doesn't solve every problem, even if the rationale is that Himekawa just doesn't feel like it.

Emo Rodeo
Dec 28, 2006

This is one mystic quest
New Beelz chapters kill me every week. The assault on the principal was hysterical.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Emo Rodeo posted:

New Beelz chapters kill me every week. The assault on the principal was hysterical.

I'm willing to bet the script for that was a spoof on the lyrics of some popular song over there or something.

bondster
May 6, 2007

New Chapter!

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.
Oh man, it's the evil clone arc!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

seigfox posted:

Oh man, it's the evil clone arc!

With Oga being the "evil" clone, presumably.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

This new person and scenario seems oddly familiar to when Toho had Beel.

Kild fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 8, 2012

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

quote:

This new person seems oddly familiar to when Toho had Beel.

This is clearly Toho's exactly identical twin cousin who's carrying black baby Beel.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I guess it really is the trend now. I wonder how many small children will have appeared by the end of the manga.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
And Beel shall unite them all under his kingdom.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I fully anticipate a "Rescue Arc" where Beel must lead a group of toddlers who can barely walk or talk to save Oga. Battles will include nap time, someone jingling keys, and a guy in an animal costume singing songs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Liar posted:

I fully anticipate a "Rescue Arc" where Beel must lead a group of toddlers who can barely walk or talk to save Oga. Battles will include nap time, someone jingling keys, and a guy in an animal costume singing songs.

Doesn't Oga get his poo poo owned by lightning when he's not near Beel?

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Countblanc posted:

Doesn't Oga get his poo poo owned by lightning when he's not near Beel?

Not anymore because of... something. Probably because the author thought it stopping being funny.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

seigfox posted:

Not anymore because of... something. Probably because the author thought it stopping being funny.

The lightning is from him crying which he's gotten by in the past by just telling Beel that men don't cry.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

THF13 posted:

The lightning is from him crying which he's gotten by in the past by just telling Beel that men don't cry.

No no, he means the 15 meter rule that used to be in effect. Apart from the crying. Not sure if that no longer exists or?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Breaky posted:

No no, he means the 15 meter rule that used to be in effect. Apart from the crying. Not sure if that no longer exists or?

Right that's what I meant, but I'm not exactly married to the gag so if the author decided to get rid of it then so much the better.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Liar posted:

This is clearly Toho's exactly identical twin cousin who's carrying black baby Beel.

I'm hoping for an imposter like the fake-hats in One piece.

Kave
Dec 29, 2008

Fancy sweater vests for all!

Breaky posted:

Isn't the 15m rule that Oga would die if he's not nearby Beel? I'd have to double check.

Carnival47
Jul 21, 2004

Kave posted:

Isn't the 15m rule that Oga would die if he's not nearby Beel? I'd have to double check.

Yep. Past 15 meters the electricity that Beel emits is too intense for Oga to endure.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Ok, so it'll be a rescue arc where all of the babies are in one room, while Oga sits one room away. It'll be like an episode of Rugrats... Except with someone getting punched, and a lot of stray jokes about the babies having to stay away from Furuichi because he's an evil pedophile of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Breaky posted:

I don't think that number is right any more remember? its like 15.6 meters or something.

I believe it was after the toujou fight they figured it out.

• Locked thread