Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Update. Oh my god this update. We all knew it was coming at some point. I love that UU cosplay. And now I hope we really DO get a 48 squiddle intermission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Anyone who hates Hussie simply has no heart. Look at the level of simple-minded kindness at play here.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
The eyepatch should have been a spade like Liv had.

So is this Calmasis-Hussie or Dead-Hussie cosplaying as Calmasis? Some day we're gonna get an explanation about the eyes.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Oh man, it's baby bird time. Beautiful.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So, Hussie joked about this a few tumblr questionaries ago, that he was nursing Slick back to health like a baby bird...

I'm not sure I could enjoy the many levels of meta-narrative if I wasn't so keyed into reading his tumblr or twitter..

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Fancy Hat! posted:

So, Hussie joked about this a few tumblr questionaries ago, that he was nursing Slick back to health like a baby bird...

I'm not sure I could enjoy the many levels of meta-narrative if I wasn't so keyed into reading his tumblr or twitter..

Oh man. I knew I had read something like that somewhere. I didn't think Hussie himself straight out said it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I took it completely serious at the time. My friends may have laughed, but I am vindicated :smug:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
It was from one of his question time posts, specifically:

AH's tumblr posted:

Dear Mister Andrew Hussie Sir, Will we ever see Spades Slick again? Is he okay? I will spend countless nights up, worried about him.

I am nursing him back to health in my house, like a baby bird that fell from its nest too young.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
By the end of this comic Spades Slick will be a full-on robot.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So what I've taken from this is that literally every Homestuck-related remark Hussie makes on his tumblr is the unvarnished truth and 100% canon.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

It was from one of his question time posts, specifically:

He also said ages ago in response to a worried formspring question about Davesprite(back when everyone was sure he was dead), that Jack had plucked him and sent him on his merry way. In a way that ended up being somewhat true as well.

The moral of the story is that Hussie's best answers are the completely ridiculous ones that end up being true.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

How long until the tumblr shows up in the comic itself?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Nate RFB posted:

By the end of this comic Spades Slick will be a full-on robot.

Spades Slick is, in fact, robot Hussie.

He is training his replacement.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Just read update.

HUSSSIEEEEEEEEEEEEE :argh:

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
Stop being a dick, Slick

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Saradiart posted:

Also Feferi shows up for a split second at the end of that flash.

Can I ask for a screen cap of this? I didn't see it at all.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Can I ask for a screen cap of this? I didn't see it at all.

It is actually Not-Feferi from this page. Roxy was cropped from it. It is the final frames of the animation.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

MrBims posted:

So is this Calmasis-Hussie or Dead-Hussie cosplaying as Calmasis? Some day we're gonna get an explanation about the eyes.

His eyes have been white every time we've seen him, and he somehow possessed a robot, like Dead Aradia, so I'm going to with Hussie Has Been Dead All Along.

\/ Hussiebot bleeds raindow-animated-gif, like Karkat's blood appeared when he was hiding his blood color.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 10, 2012

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
I wonder what color Hussiebot bleeds. Blue?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

.. So wait, if he's got the technology to give slick a cybernetic eye.. why does he still have the eye patch on the other one?

No, no, suddenly the narrative of Homestuck makes no sense!

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Why does Slick have one robot eye and one eyepatch? Wouldn't spring for a second robo-eye, chum?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Olivia42 posted:

Why does Slick have one robot eye and one eyepatch? Wouldn't spring for a second robo-eye, chum?

What, you think Hussie's made of robotic eyes? The dude doesn't even have pupils.

edit: maybe he does have a second robot eye but he's keeping the eyepatch because it's cool

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Olivia42 posted:

I'm... pretty sure Slick had two robo-eyes when the comic was first posted. Hussie just did the "retroactively adjust the comic after posting". Usually it's after he accidentally forgets a troll's horns.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
Makes sense. Slick has to have the symbolic cue ball eyepatch. For some reason.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I wonder if Spades is now going to inadvertantly gain robot mannerisms he hates himself for, like when Bec-prototyped Jack gained a love for snausages.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm just wondering whether Ms. Paint will come out dressed like A1 Mindfang or A1 Condesce.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bobulus posted:

\/ Hussiebot bleeds raindow-animated-gif, like Karkat's blood appeared when he was hiding his blood color.

When was this?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

When was this?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004197

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

When was this?
Here and Here Early on in Hivebent.

I'll admit I went to the trouble of looking for this just because This is such a good picture.

Fake edit: never mind Walliard found it first.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
Update.

Jack is getting frisky with his stabs. But what can be expected when you're in full-on butler heaven?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I don't see how Slick could possibly resist that soup.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
Is that an origami Scottie dog?
:3: Oh my

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

So it's not only how he says hello. It's also how he talks in general. :3:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Lady of the Beech posted:

So it's not only how he says hello. It's also how he talks in general. :3:

Of course. Midnight Crew dialogue only works with other MC members.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Maybe they should work out some code. One stab for yes, two stabs for no?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ms. Paint and Spades Slick. What a pair. :3:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Gnome de plume posted:

Maybe they should work out some code. One stab for yes, two stabs for no?

Spades is trying to communicate this system. Unfortunately he's a believer that it's best to just demonstrate rather than instruct.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

He should consider stabbing in Norse code!
* Morse code

actuallwaiat that was perfecatt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Lady of the Beech posted:

He should consider stabbing in Norse code!
* Morse code

actuallwaiat that was perfecatt

You need an :black101: to stab in Norse code.