Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Maybe the bottom girl is just trying to see if she can recreate the Psylocke chicken leg jump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
i'm not sure if i'm more offended by multiple-fractures woman over there or by "rust is living, ya know?"

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Seriously, are they running out of artists who want work or something? Why are these people hired?

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

DarkCrawler posted:

Seriously, are they running out of artists who want work or something? Why are these people hired?

I did a Google image search of Harvey Tolibao after seeing that image and it seems like his stuff isn't that bad. Maybe it was a rough day or maybe he had major time constraints or something. That's not too uncommon in the comic art world.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

redbackground posted:

Maybe the bottom girl is just trying to see if she can recreate the Psylocke chicken leg jump?

That's the first thing I thought of.

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.
If that's a tub then why is the water sagging underneath her weight?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cichlid the Loach posted:

If that's a tub then why is the water sagging underneath her weight?

I think it's a bed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's got pillows on it.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
she has a pink towel so i'm guessing he drew cheesecake but got asked to tone it down so he came up with... that

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Mobius died this morning.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I think it's a bed.
I think the point is, it was originally supposed to be a tub (and the girl nude) but then when the editor vetoed that, that's when the artist sloppily changed it into a bed/drew a costume on the girl and that's why the art looks so weird.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Right, but how does that explain the broken spine? Or any of that other silly (bad) stuff, for that matter.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Alex Ronald used to draw for 2000AD. He did the webcomic videos for Crackdown 2 and then he started to draw a comic called Vampire Vixens of the Wermacht (a pretty much entirely self aware and Heavy Metal style cheesecake comic that's really just an excuse for pretty ladies to fire MP40's). It's a comic with Nazi-Vampire's that ride bombs into London in 1941. It knows that it is goofy as all get out. Here's the thing though:

The art's really, really good.

He's recently been drawing the tie in comic for the new Outpost movie. Here's a panel from it:

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Right, but how does that explain the broken spine? Or any of that other silly (bad) stuff, for that matter.

Maybe her lower torso was originally drawn underwater and the artist got lazy since it was just about boobs and butts anyways?

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.

Humboldt squid posted:

Mobius died this morning.

Nooooooo :(

Truly a brilliant artist. A legend died today.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Right, but how does that explain the broken spine?

That needs an explanation?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Parmesan Basil posted:

Why are those all the same people?

They're triplets. Cloned triplets. With twelve... something... look, this explains it:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/07/this-is-not-the-green-arrow-comic-you-were-expecting/

ETA: Sorry, not cloned, just genetically tinkered with, so think Miranda, but with many more of SOMETHING than you're really want on a lady. What could that even BE?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Midnight Voyager posted:

They're triplets. Cloned triplets. With twelve... something... look, this explains it:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/07/this-is-not-the-green-arrow-comic-you-were-expecting/

ETA: Sorry, not cloned, just genetically tinkered with, so think Miranda, but with many more of SOMETHING than you're really want on a lady. What could that even BE?

Sourdough Jacks? Kazoos? Signed pictures of Rip Taylor? I'm really at a loss as to what anybody could have twelve of that I'd want that many.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

This is all kinds of loving awful.

God, reading those bleeding cool comments on this...

some dude posted:

This was the first book I read this week. Loved it! I'm here for the long haul!

:ughh:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Midnight Voyager posted:

Well there are three of them, so the twelve thing means they each have four of something. Four... limbs, I guess? But why would they even say that in that context? Ooh baby check out this sexy tangle of limbs, I know you like limbs baby :confused::hf::fap:

The worst thing is the final takeaway line on that article. "That’s right boys, women like sex too, who knew?" Yeah let's take straightforward male-gaze fanservice and act like it's some kind of progressive, sex-positive, gender-egalitarian thing. Fantastic.

vvv I somehow hadn't even considered that particular layer of horrible :barf: vvv

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 13, 2012

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Angry Diplomat posted:

Well there are three of them, so the twelve thing means they each have four of something. Four... limbs, I guess? But why would they even say that in that context? Ooh baby check out this sexy tangle of limbs, I know you like limbs baby :confused::hf::fap:

The worst thing is the final takeaway line on that article. "That’s right boys, women like sex too, who knew?" Yeah let's take straightforward male-gaze fanservice and act like it's some kind of progressive, sex-positive, gender-egalitarian thing. Fantastic.

Oh c'mon, who wouldn't love having an orgy involving their siblings?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
'Adorable as a kitler', wow. Is that what's passing for writing now?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Angry Diplomat posted:

I assume that line was referring to Ann Nocenti, the female writer of the book, not the characters in the book. It's still a poo poo line.

Given that it's Nocenti I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that this will end up being something beyond "lying sluts, am I right?" but the whole point of the triplets and the entire issue is that Green Arrow is a dude having an existential crisis and completely fell into a deathtrap because he couldn't get past male-gaze fanservice "WOO HOO, RICH TRIPLETS WANT TO GO INTO THE BONE ZONE."

It's not even "lying sluts" because it's not like they provide some sort of deception, they just go "hey we make weapons and have a jet, wanna get on the jet and make out?" and he does. And then it turns out they want to kill him.

Art's still terrible.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kojiro posted:

'Adorable as a kitler', wow. Is that what's passing for writing now?
I had to look that one up :o:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Edge & Christian posted:

I assume that line was referring to Ann Nocenti, the female writer of the book, not the characters in the book. It's still a poo poo line.

That's what I was getting at. We have here a paid professional making a thing that will sell, i.e. a male-gazey sex-related thing. Clearly though, because the professional is female, all of the content of this thing is automatically totally cool and not at all objectifying in any context, in fact I bet the writer is totally all about triplet four-ways on planes, it's probably her fetish or something :downs:

I dunno, the line just seemed to reek of smug privilege. Maybe I'm crazy. Art's still terrible.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 13, 2012

cyberpunksurvivor
Dec 29, 2011

I am opposed to homosexuality for political reasons
Good art: Becky Cloonan

She has a very manga-inspired style, but like Amanda Conner it works very well for her. It's a lot more raw than Conner's but at the same time there's a kind of intensity in it; especially the eyes.

cyberpunksurvivor fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 17, 2012

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Just saw this cover to Batgirl.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

"Grotesque" is a perfect adjective.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Maybe it's supposed to be gross ribbed body armor? Batman's whole gimmick is being frightening, maybe it's Batgirl's too.

Humboldt squid posted:

This reminds me of that Heironymous Bosch painting, The Garden of Earthly Delights. It's like a weird modern version of it.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

Edge & Christian posted:

Captain American wrecking shop by Michael Golden
The studded leather belts and bracers give this a Give Me Liberty crossover feeling.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm more concerned with the fact that he's ramping off what appears to be a black neo-nazi.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Is that a Kawasaki? It feels wrong for Captain America to be riding a Japanese motorcycle.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whatever it is, he *really* needs to check the alignment on that rear wheel.

And unfortunately, there's no American bikes that would be practical for a superhero who needs to get places fast. (It does look like a Kawasaki or 80s VFR, though.)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Why does it matter in the least bit what kind of bike he's riding...? :psyduck: I mean, i wouldn't have even noticed it was a non-american bike until someone pointed it out.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 20, 2012

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Why does it matter in the least bit what kind of bike he's riding...? :psyduck: I mean, i wouldn't have even noticed it was a non-american bike until someone pointed it out.

It's just funny to me. If superheroes were real then FOX news would have an entire segment calling Captain America a traitor to his country.

e: Scratch that. Superheroes are fake and FOX news would run a story like this on a slow day.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

al-azad posted:

It's just funny to me. If superheroes were real then FOX news would have an entire segment calling Captain America a traitor to his country.

e: Scratch that. Superheroes are fake and FOX news would run a story like this on a slow day.
They already have.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Soonmot posted:

They already have.

That is due to him never going to a nascar race and he never watches youtube. He also does not have a myspace page.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

That is due to him never going to a nascar race and he never watches youtube. He also does not have a myspace page.

Actually he could have a myspace page now and I think it would make him even more out of touch!

cyberpunksurvivor
Dec 29, 2011

I am opposed to homosexuality for political reasons
Good art: Dave Johnson

I-I don't even know what this comic is, all I know is that I want this comic and a White Russian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

That's not Dave Johnson. Not denigrating Dave Johnson as he is a FANTASTIC cover artist. That's actually Viktor Kalvachev. All the covers for Blue Estate have been phenomenal.