Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Subterfrugal posted:

I am concerned that most people miss the scene where Tali gets drunk off her rear end and drunk dials Javik. You don't get to see it unless a certain character Miranda dies.

I submit that this scene justifies the extinction of the Geth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQd5qjOxGnI

I didnt realize everyone had some small dialogue after each mission until I made it just past tuchanka. There was a really good scene between Javik and Vega in the mess hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wizard of Wang posted:

Can someone please explain the galactic readiness to me? Do I only get readiness from multiplayer? Also without spoilers will it significantly effect my endgame?

Galactic readiness is a modifier to your military strength. It is a .1 multiplier for ever 10% you have. It can not go below 50(.5) or above 100(1) (I may be wrong about the second but I think I'm right.)

Basically, by default, your military strength is halved. So if you have 1000, it is 1000*.5 or 500. You have to play multiplayer (or apparently the iOS game) in order to raise it. Multiplayer games raise it about 3-5% each and it decays gradually for each real-time day that goes by.

You need around 5000 military strength to have every possible ending available and around 3000 for a good ending. So either you need 6000-10,000 military strength or you play multiplayer.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Amdis posted:

Do you get to repick your class during NG+? Probably not huh.

Nope. :(

Amdis
Jan 9, 2007

That leaves my other choice to be using a save editor then yeah? I wanted to try out engineer/sentinel during NG+.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I'm not getting any reputation related dialog choices thereIt just goes Legion uploads, the cutscene where the Geth shoot all the Quarians, and then Tali takes a swim. Maybe what happened in this characters ME2 play-through isn't what I thought. Oh well, I have two others i can get it with.

Then you're missing something. I got to save them both.

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=flowcharthiu8r.jpg

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

How long is the last mission? Trying to figure out if I have enough time to do it before I leave.

Wizard of Wang
Aug 8, 2004
I ditched Miranda as a love interest she can't be on your ship anyway can she? Also can I recruit Wrex or Grunt?

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!
Hahaha, so I think I found a bug in the dream sequence before you assault TIM's base, you hear dead companions whispering. Thane referred to my Shepard as "Siha." My male Shepard.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So, the ending. I really appreciate Dolash hashing through the Reapers thought process earlier in the thread. The ending was definitely thematically off so I can see why most people didn't like it, but I liked the scale of it, and I'd say it was pretty satisfying for me. I get what the Reapers were thinking. Great game, great trilogy.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Wizard of Wang posted:

Also can I recruit Wrex or Grunt?

No, unfortunately. There are no krogans on your team this time for some reason. Now that I think about it, that's basically my one disappointment with the game

Wizard of Wang
Aug 8, 2004
What about Miranda?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Wizard of Wang posted:

What about Miranda?

No.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Subterfrugal posted:

I am concerned that most people miss the scene where Tali gets drunk off her rear end and drunk dials Javik. You don't get to see it unless a certain character Miranda dies.

I submit that this scene justifies the extinction of the Geth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQd5qjOxGnI

Uh, I got that scene despite said npc being completely alive and talking to me via the comm guy on the final mission. Pretty sure it's bugged, because I had no loving idea what Tali was talking about.

Monday Averted posted:

All this in his last post I agree with.

I still don't understand how or why they managed to gently caress up the ending so badly after having such awesome narrative moments throughout the game. Such a great buildup then bam ruined in a ten minutes flat.

Also I didn't see the red lines reach the Perseus Viel, but just to be safe they need to confirm that the Geth made it out okay. I didn't go through all the drat trouble of brokering peace only to have them wiped out a couple days later.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 10, 2012

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Wizard of Wang posted:

I ditched Miranda as a love interest she can't be on your ship anyway can she? Also can I recruit Wrex or Grunt?

She's never on the Normandy, but you do get to gently caress her in an apartment on the Citadel. I was hoping I could still bang Ashley or the reporter later in the game, but I got the cold shoulder after that.

Re: Zaeed: Do you have to kill Vito in ME2 for Zaeed to stay alive in ME3? I saved the civilians in 2, and he died right after showing up in 3.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Shroomie posted:

She's never on the Normandy, but you do get to gently caress her in an apartment on the Citadel. I was hoping I could still bang Ashley or the reporter later in the game, but I got the cold shoulder after that.

Re: Zaeed: Do you have to kill Vito in ME2 for Zaeed to stay alive in ME3? I saved the civilians in 2, and he died right after showing up in 3.

I did get to bang Kelly and then go on to bang Ashley later.

And in my game Zaeed lived and I'm 99% sure I saved the civilians in 2. Was he loyal in your game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shroomie posted:

I saved Zaeed without trouble. I'm not even sure how he could have died, to be honest. I saved the Civilians in my game.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Left in the middle of a dangerous mission Geth Dreadnought to travel halfway across the galaxy for a bootycall with my ex. Miranda

game owns :smug:

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Shroomie posted:

Did you get his loyalty in ME2 via paragon check? He showed up after the citadel attack for some volus quest. Hangs out later in the docks and becomes a war asset.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I had Kasumi but I never saw her once in my game, wtf happened?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Then you're missing something. I got to save them both.

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=flowcharthiu8r.jpg

Yea, I'm pretty sure I got Tali exiled in ME2 now.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Holy gently caress this is the greatest scene. Spoilers for Krogan plot. I cant stop laughing, the pause and look on the Salarian's face is priceless.

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 10, 2012

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Darke GBF posted:

Holy gently caress this is the greatest scene. Spoilers for Krogan plot. I cant stop laughing, the pause and look on the Salarian's face is priceless.

Oh my god someone please gif this salarian

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Darke GBF posted:

There's a part at the beginning of the game where (I think) EDI says something to Shepard and he gets the same eyes wide, mouth open expression as the Salarian... wish I could remember what it was about to get that look. It was priceless.

Generally, the dialogue in this game is great and very well put together.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I haven't seen the endings yet (I don't mind reading spoilers), but based on what I've read, a thought struck me:

If you wanted to keep the endings the same as they currently are, it would have been extremely powerful if the Reapers have been convinced by some races to avoid the culling from time to time, and the end result was exactly as the Reapers said it would. It would be really dark, but all the things people have brought up in this thread would be brought-up in game, only to see them debunked not because the first organics thought so, but because these things have happened multiple times, and they don't work.

Shep could bring up the Geth/Quarran peace treaty. Catalyst shows Shep a list of Cycles in which the Reapers invasion has caused an AI Race and its Organic Creators to make peace...only to inevitably collapse/war once the Reapers were persuaded to leave. The list is long.

Shep could bring up the Krogan/Turian treaty, and Catalyst shows Shep that such a thing has happened before. Interestingly, 90% of the time, the Previous-Cycle-Krogan-Like-Species has come from Tuchanka. Doesn't matter: one of the races wins out, makes AI, and things happen as it has countless times before.

With this somewhat minor change, the existing Ending Options exist in an entirely different light. They break the Reaper Cycle, all right, but the cost is horrific no matter what. Do you really want to break the Reaper Cycle?

Darke GBF posted:

Holy gently caress this is the greatest scene.

I'm MisterBibs, and this is the greatest scene in a vidya game I've ever seen.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

I did get to bang Kelly and then go on to bang Ashley later.

And in my game Zaeed lived and I'm 99% sure I saved the civilians in 2. Was he loyal in your game?

You can bang Kelly in this game? I think I only talked to her once before Cerberus attacked the Citadel and she was gone after that.

I don't think he was loyal. Didn't have enough paragon points to convince him.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

CheeseSpawn posted:

Did you get his loyalty in ME2 via paragon check? He showed up after the citadel attack for some volus quest. Hangs out later in the docks and becomes a war asset.

Not in this particular save that I imported.

When I showed up to save the Volus, Zaeed was on the floor bleeding. He had a line or two, then died.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

3Romeo posted:

Left in the middle of a dangerous mission Geth Dreadnought to travel halfway across the galaxy for a bootycall with my ex. Miranda

game owns :smug:

The Captain Kirk school of thought for captain decision making?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Shroomie posted:

You can bang Kelly in this game? I think I only talked to her once before Cerberus attacked the Citadel and she was gone after that.

I don't think he was loyal. Didn't have enough paragon points to convince him.

If you told Kelly to stay and help the refugees instead of changing her identity, Cerberus calls her out and kills her when they invade. But if you told her to change her identity, she'll show up again and you can talk to her a couple more times and eventually get a chance to go to a black screen. Then she gives a photo to put in your room, which I thought might have caused Ashley to wonder why the gently caress there's a picture of some other girl on the desk, but no problems there.

And I'm pretty sure if any of your squadmates in ME2 weren't loyal, there's a strong chance they'll die in their side missions here.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

RickDaedalus posted:

Edit: If you do piss off reapers while scanning. Do a mission and then the reaper alertness will reset. If you found something while searching but, didn't get a chance to collect it, it will still be marked on the map. A good strategy is to scan every spot in a system quickly and then leave before the reapers get you. Do a mission and then come back to collect since they don't disappear. Saves time and makes scanning a lot easier.

Even if they are pissed off at you, you have more than enough time to enter a sytem, scan a few times or grab a marked item, and then leave the system. You can just do this repeatedly to clear out every system the first time you go there.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

And I'm pretty sure if any of your squadmates in ME2 weren't loyal, there's a strong chance they'll die in their side missions here.

Jack wasn't loyal and she made it out of Grissom Academy. Those were my only two unloyal squadmates, though.

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.
Well, it took me 37 hours, but I beat it. I'll update the OP now that I know everything (with spoiler tags of course).

Of course I loved the game overall, but I have some ending feelings:

This was my "get the hell back together with Kaidan at all costs" playthrough, so when I ran to that beam and Kaidan and Garrus weren't talking, I thought I'd gotten them killed by bringing them along. Terrifying, but fortunately not true. Anderson dying killed me, I feel awful about it, but I still took the "red" ending and controlled the Reapers so that I didn't have to die. Normandy crashes on a planet (which can't be that far from Earth, since the Normandy was just there picking up my crew) and Garrus and Kaidan walk out of it with Joker, and Shep survives, barely (I assume the remains of the Citadel crash on Earth), so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, eventually Shep will get better and find a ship and they'll live happily ever after and don't anyone tell me otherwise.

I just kind of wish there would have been a bit more resolution - it was a great ending, but I'm really attached to these characters and I want them to be happy. I wanted to see them all back together at the end, victorious and alive. I mean, my Shep survived, but the two other options you don't (I think?). So... I guess I just wanted a little more happiness (out of this "everyone is dying the world is ending sacrifice everyone you love" game. Silly me, haha

Though I have to say, the best part of the game, without a doubt, was (near-endgame character development spoilers) walking in to the gun battery right before the end and seeing that Garrus and Tali got together. They were totally awkward and hilarious about it, I laughed SO HARD, utter perfection.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Does romancing Diana Allers/Samantha Traynor lock you out of other romances from ME2 or is it the same as romancing Kelly Chambers from ME2?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

etalian posted:

The Captain Kirk school of thought for captain decision making?

Goddamn straight. Only way to play this game.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Count Choculitis posted:

This was my "get the hell back together with Kaidan at all costs" playthrough, so when I ran to that beam and Kaidan and Garrus weren't talking, I thought I'd gotten them killed by bringing them along. Terrifying, but fortunately not true. Anderson dying killed me, I feel awful about it, but I still took the "red" ending and controlled the Reapers.

FYI, red ending=destroy technology, ShepHarder possibly survives. So you kinda hosed them out of everything there. Including a ship to get back. Including all ships. Including life support. Including :psyboom: Hope Kaidan and joker have some babies.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Count Choculitis posted:

don't anyone tell me otherwise.

I won't tell you, but unless we get some new endings it seems like Bioware will. :smith: Ending spoilers: With the Normandy knocked out partway through a mass relay jump, and no relays left operational, it seems pretty unlikely that anyone from the Normandy incest colony is going to make it anywhere any time soon. Unless the Mass Effect MMO retcons it.

e: Yeah, it sounds pretty bad. Mass relay fluff: "This can propel a starship across enormous distances that would take centuries to traverse, even at FTL speeds." Stranded centuries away :(

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 10, 2012

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Naturally Selected posted:

FYI, red ending=destroy all technology, :shepface: possibly survives. So you kinda hosed them out of everything there. Including a ship to get back. Including all ships. Including life support. Including :psyboom:

No, I'm pretty sure it just wipes out synthetic life and Reaper tech. Everything else survives.

Then again nothing is clear when it comes to the endings.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

3Romeo posted:

Goddamn straight. Only way to play this game.

I bet it's awkward for Shepard when a cabinet filled pictures of the girls from every port opens up due to rumpus in the Captain's quarters.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.
I'm thinking of buying the ME3 add on, but I have a question. I just started the game, and I'm about 6 hours in. If I buy the add on, will the new features be available on my current campaign, or will I need to start a whole new one in order to utilize the add on features?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

mA posted:

I'm thinking of buying the ME3 add on, but I have a question. I just started the game, and I'm about 6 hours in. If I buy the add on, will the new features be available on my current campaign, or will I need to start a whole new one in order to utilize the add on features?

Should be available on current campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Wachepti posted:

Great game, great trilogy.

That's the problem here. Everything is beautiful and fun.

but that ending is a stain.

• Locked thread