Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Gene??? :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl
As long as one of those 4 new marvel characters is Drax or Silver Surfer, I'll be happy as gently caress.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Violently Car posted:

Why exactly do people dislike that so much? If it's true, shouldn't people be happy that the games they like are getting more content and support? I know the fighting game scene is used to playing the same game for a decade straight and don't like their games to be changed, but is there something else I'm missing here?

The problem isn't that they're doing it, but that it's again too soon for it.

(assuming it's real)

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Interesting point. Aside from The 'Herald' costume, there's little from Silver Surfer other than endings. You'd think he'd be into this.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Right before EVO no less. Talk about saturating the market. That said if they do something significant to X-Factor, like getting rid of it I might pick it up. Maybe. No promises.

Assuming it's real of course.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Mikael Kreoss posted:

As long as one of those 4 new marvel characters is Drax or Silver Surfer, I'll be happy as gently caress.
And Squirrel Girl. Why does no one ever mention Squirrel Girl? :kiddo:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
8 characters for 15 dollars is a much better value proposition than most fighting game DLC so it seems alright to me.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

burntpork posted:

And Squirrel Girl. Why does no one ever mention Squirrel Girl? :kiddo:

Because that's the dumbest way to spell "Doc Ock" I've ever seen.

Grozz Nuy posted:

8 characters for 15 dollars is a much better value proposition than most fighting game DLC so it seems alright to me.

So you know it MUST be fake.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
How will they have characters people actually want when they made them all cards in the mode nobody plays because you can't make lobbies?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
That's wicked fake, son.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Violently Car posted:

Why exactly do people dislike that so much? If it's true, shouldn't people be happy that the games they like are getting more content and support? I know the fighting game scene is used to playing the same game for a decade straight and don't like their games to be changed, but is there something else I'm missing here?

You're glossing over it, but it's pretty much true in a more nuanced way - the metagame for fighting games aren't really set in stone and can change fairly easily the more people play and experiment. The recent tourney with a joe/frank/rocky team sweeping everyone is a good example.

If a new version gets put out every several months, the previous versions don't really get explored fully and it's a bit of a waste. It's fun and entertaining to see what people come up with.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Why does this game always pair me up against people who've won over a hundred times when I've won maybe three???

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Clearly the DLC will include Mega Man.

You know the one!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gaseous Snake posted:

Why does this game always pair me up against people who've won over a hundred times when I've won maybe three???

Do you have it set up to same-skill? Do they have hundreds of losses on top of the hundreds of wins? Have you played enough matches on ranked for the thing to sort you correctly?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Gutcruncher posted:

Clearly the DLC will include Mega Man.

You know the one!

sexy roll instead pls, she's been in as many vs games as megaman has she's just as much of a useless staple!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

darealkooky posted:

sexy roll instead pls, she's been in as many vs games as megaman has she's just as much of a useless staple!

Dude, if they even spend a little time dropping some hints that Mega Man jussssst might make it in, only to reveal Sexy Roll (along with her amazing acting from Mega Mans SFxT intro) it would be the most hilarious Capcom troll of all time. Seriously they would deserve awards.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

AXE COP posted:

I wanna empty quote this forever. Take all my money Capcom.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Too bad it's probably fake. I don't trust any Capcom leaks unless it came from Lupinko or Capcom's website. :smith:

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
I hope it's real and they make the UI worse again.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Eeevil posted:

I hope it's real and they make the UI worse again.

A giant X with three arms displaying your team's life and the last showing your x-factor. It pulsates the entire match, spins, and takes up more screen than the X on the teaser poster.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

AXE COP posted:

Gahahaha oh jesus I'm dying here

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

What about the vita?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Pasteurized Milk posted:

What about the vita?

"Haha suckers thanks for the 40 bucks!"

Kinda like SSF4 for 3DS I guess.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Looks fake to me, but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

AXE COP posted:

My bullshit radar says "No Marvel or Capcom logos on it, no sale".

But at the same time, Capcom's Captivate conference is next month and there's evidence to back an expansion like Niitsuma mentioning the 8 cut characters last year (And we all know what Capcom likes to do in the background from the SF X T DLC Debacle) and there's no Avengers movie tie in game so Marvel would probably want to tie in any DLC with movie hype. So I guess it's wait and see.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011
It wouldn't surprise me if this were real and they held off on Megaman for it. He has enough draw that he'd probably sell plenty of full DLC packages by himself (I hope this is real and Thanos and/or Donovan are in it :unsmigghh:).

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

rocket USA posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if this were real and they held off on Megaman for it. He has enough draw that he'd probably sell plenty of full DLC packages by himself (I hope this is real and Thanos and/or Donovan are in it :unsmigghh:).

Niitsuma responded to the rumor that "The DLC Costumes are out and for now, that is all". Though Niitsuma has been pretty quiet lately and there wasn't any talk of him moving onto another project yet.

Everyone's favourite twitter troll Lupinko has also been dropping hints for a Marvel/Capcom related announcement over the last month on top of that. So I guess something may be in the works, but we don't quite know yet.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
My best guess is the rumor is real (it came from NeoGaf, some guy claimed there was a listing for it in the Gamestop computer) but that poster is fake, because it looks like someone in a high school graphics design class made it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

SpaceBees posted:

My best guess is the rumor is real (it came from NeoGaf, some guy claimed there was a listing for it in the Gamestop computer) but that poster is fake, because it looks like someone in a high school graphics design class made it.

It's Capcom. They could add some spelling errors and it'd be more believable.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

SpaceBees posted:

I don't know if you noticed but the logo for Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 has a different font for every single word.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Capcom says it's a fake but stops short of saying there is absolutely no DLC.

Micgael
Aug 8, 2007

"Gimme a kiss."

Sex Vicar posted:

Capcom says it's a fake but stops short of saying there is absolutely no DLC.

When asked for a comment Capcom representative Christian Svensson replied, "Are you kidding me? There is no way you are getting 8 characters for $15."

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Svensson is such a loving tool.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Violently Car posted:

It's less support and more "buy another game after we said you wouldn't have to"

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Gaseous Snake posted:

Pretty much everyone under a 40% win ratio or less than 60 or 70 games played gets lumped into the category "the worst" and the game tends to match them up with each other.

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
Dear MVC goons,

Two questions here,

1) Against Spencer, when is the sweet spot to grab him out of his zipline? Ill jump up to meet him when he air lines at me but I'm not really grasping when to grab him out of his followup air attack. Sometimes I grab him but sometimes I guess I go to grab to soon and just eat a hit.

2) Most Dantes will end up doing some variation of teleport -> Down sword slash thing ( I think its his down H), which they will then cancel into his overhead punch thing. I swear that thing has some funny rear end frames but I cant seem to hit him out of it. How do I respond to this?

VVVVVVVVVVVVV I know I can grab him out of the tele, what Im curious is if that hammer (or whatever its called) still invincible or what. The downward slash seems kinda laggy I can jump on him if they do it but most dantes just mash the hammer thing after it and it just looks really safe. The couple of times I try to beat it I just end up getting pulled into one of his 20 minute combos

Waverhouse fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 11, 2012

GoodCleanFun
Jan 28, 2004

Waverhouse posted:

Dear MVC goons,

Two questions here,

1) Against Spencer, when is the sweet spot to grab him out of his zipline? Ill jump up to meet him when he air lines at me but I'm not really grasping when to grab him out of his followup air attack. Sometimes I grab him but sometimes I guess I go to grab to soon and just eat a hit.

2) Most Dantes will end up doing some variation of teleport -> Down sword slash thing ( I think its his down H), which they will then cancel into his overhead punch thing. I swear that thing has some funny rear end frames but I cant seem to hit him out of it. How do I respond to this?

In vanilla Dante's hammer had invincibility. Grabbing him out of the teleport works if he isn't covered by an assist or missiles. Any faster attack should beat it clean.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Does Rocket Raccoon make a good anchor? I haven't gotten good mileage with Ammy on my team and I might try Doom/Frank/RR. Doom doesn't have any wall bounces so it would be a good way to get into a BnB.

I know Kusoru uses RR as an anchor but the order of his characters changes a lot.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Why don't they just give Wesker a limited amount of bullets? Seems like that would solve....something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
If he could stop to reload then yeah, that would actually be interesting.

• Locked thread