Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
My ending is Vanguard Shepard pushing the Reaper selfdestruct button and settling on some planet, having lots of little blue biotic children who will grow up to charge mechs and headbutt krogans around the universe. :3: Much better than what we got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Charlie Mopps posted:

My ending is Vanguard Shepard pushing the Reaper selfdestruct button and settling on some planet, having lots of little blue biotic children who will grow up to charge mechs and headbutt krogans around the universe. :3: Much better than what we got.

This, only Shep and Garrus fly off into the sunset to help rebuild the galaxy and snipe bad guys.

In fact, there has been a constant "sun setting over planetary horizon" theme in the games and ending with the normandy flying off into a planetary sunrise would have been such a nice indicator of hope for the future.

Extra Smooth Balls fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 10, 2012

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Mezmerized Machine posted:

I don't think the Normandy actually went through a relay, I think they were just hauling rear end at FTL speed to try and outrun the blast. Which makes it even more awkward that they landed on such a lush world.

It makes more sense if you believe that That they're really just on earth and a took a bunch of LSD to celebrate not being dead and the end of the war

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Extra Smooth Balls posted:

This, only Shep and Garrus fly off into the sunset to help rebuild the galaxy and snipe bad guys.
I prefer to think that Garrus and Tali settle on the Quarian world, calibrating stuff all day together. :3:

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Charlie Mopps posted:

I prefer to think that Garrus and Tali settle on the Quarian world, calibrating stuff all day together. :3:

Tali can stay the gently caress away from Garrus. :colbert:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

So I was poking around the install folder after checking out the soundtrack. Mostly I wanted to see if there was anything on the multiplayer volus people were rumoring about.

Well theres nothing like that. All the multiplayer classes have .pcc files and the only one that isn't in the game from what I can tell is a female version of the Battlefield 3 soldier.

Hammer will always fail since there is just one movie for them.

Hilariously enough the ending movies are labeled with nothing more then a red, blue, green label. They aren't encrypted or anything and you can just straight view them from the folder. I dunno if it's my setup but I don't have any sound when I play them though. Probably stored elsewhere.

There are 3 different versions of each ending. The only thing that changes in the worst ending Big Ben is vaporized along with the soldiers, in the bad ending Big Ben is destroyed and the tops of the buildings are destroyed, in the good ending only the Reapers are destroyed.

Replace the word destroyed with your ending choice and that's all of them.

In every single ending the mass relays are shown exploding in the same manner as the one in ME2 arrival so yeah they explode. The light of whichever color you picked is shown being shot down the path of the mass relay at FTL speeds. The Normandy is then shown trying to outrun an explosion of whatever light you picked and importantly shown in FTL speed. Inside the explosion of light space is shown not FTL so it can be assumed they are trying to make it through the mass relay before the explosion catches up.

There is no hidden 4th ending movie.

The video of the n7 soldier breathing are labeled shepard_alive_male or female so that much is made 100% obvious.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Reflecting further on the ending, I'm starting to come around to Rincewind's point of view on the ending in terms of the overarching plot themes. It's more than just organic/synthetic - arguably, the whole drat series is about "control, synthesize (compromise), and destroy." The Krogan, the Rachni, the Geth, etc. The failing of the ending wasn't the choices it provided, like some peoples' criticisms of other games with split endings, it was the clear lack of character resolution. Which is going to be DLC, of course; there's no way it won't. A lot of people bring up Broken Steel, but I imagine it to be closer to Prince of Persia 2008's Epilogue DLC that brings closure, rather than retcons.

Oh, the other main issue I have with the ending (reminded by the above post) is the destruction of the relays. That's just bullshit, especially for it to be in every ending, and destroys the setting. I'm sure it was kept constant for said epilogue DLC (presumedly taking place in the Sol system, and/or wherever the Normandy landed). But it totally destroys the setting, and I don't see it fitting into the themes of the game - it seems like a complete afterthought. I hope they do something interesting with it and prove me wrong.

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 10, 2012

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Actually turns out I had the endings slightly wrong.

Only the red ending has people being vaporized. Green only has one movie which is the good one (which is obvious thinking about it.) Blue only has fail and good.

Which makes the whole argument even stupidier if we are also saying that "Wipe out all AI" means also vaporize every soldier on earth for no reason at all. Explain that one people who justify this ending.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Heliotic posted:

The standout points for me are:
Having to choose the Geth over the Quarians and Tali killing herself.

drat, that's dark. Didn't happen for me.

I played a pure Paragon run through the whole trilogy. The only major characters who died were in ME3 - Mordin, Thane & Legion - all three with heroic deaths that saved lives. Even saved the Rachni, and Grunt managed to kill stuff so hard he avoided dying in his own heroic death cutscene, and was there on Earth to help with the fight. Miranda and all the other NPC crew-members made it out fine, too.

Uniting the Geth and Quarians once again was pretty sweet, and the ultimate 'gently caress you' to the Reapers and their endless talk about how Synthetic/Organic war is inevitable. Give peace a chance, eh?

Apparently you need to be some kind of near-perfect uber-paragon to get the final Paragon dialogue option - convincing the Illusive Man that he's under Reaper control. That was a pretty nice callback to Saren, too.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 10, 2012

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Dominic White posted:

I played a pure Paragon run through the whole trilogy. The only major characters who died were in ME3 - Mordin, Thane & Legion - all three with heroic deaths that saved lives. Even saved the Rachni, and Grunt managed to kill stuff so hard he avoided dying in his own heroic death cutscene. Miranda and all the other NPC crew-members made it out fine, too.

Uniting the Geth and Quarians once again was pretty sweet, and the ultimate 'gently caress you' to the Reapers and their endless talk about how Synthetic/Organic war is inevitable. Give peace a chance, eh?

Apparently you need to be some kind of near-perfect uber-paragon to get the final Paragon dialogue option - convincing the Illusive Man that he's under Reaper control. That was a pretty nice callback to Saren, too.

How'd you like Mordin's replacement? I had Mordin in my game (no import), but didn't have Wrex or Grunt. I actually liked their replacements, shockingly - Grunt's doesn't get a lot of screen time, but Urdnot Wreav made me feel really bad for saving the Krogran.

Also, I had a completely 50/50 paragon/renegade split and actually could have convinced TIM either way throughout that entire sequence. Was kinda cool. There was only one rep check in the entire game I couldn't do (fairly early on, don't remember it offhand). Except, of course, I couldn't unite the Geth/Quarians without Legion, so that sucked. I was hoping it would at least give you the option if you had high enough Rep :smith:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Anal Tributary posted:

How'd you like Mordin's replacement?

Never saw him. I had Wrex, and Mordin alive, saved the research data, had Eve in good health and everything in place for the best possible outcome on Tuchanka. Raised a middle finger to the Salarian government and ended the Genophage.

He was the very model of a scientist Salarian. :mordin:

Didja Redo
Jan 24, 2010

Wanna try my freedom meat BBQ meat?

Dominic White posted:

Actually, you just need to have chosen the Paragon/Renegade options during all three conversations with him. Which is bullshit, because if you don't pick the right option beforehand then they don't show up at all, which meant that I couldn't talk him down because I missed a dialogue choice that I didn't even know was there, all the way back on the first mission of the game.

THANKS BIOWARE, NICE TO SEE YOU TAKING THE "SIERRA ADVENTURE GAME" ROUTE

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Anal Tributary posted:

Also, I had a completely 50/50 paragon/renegade split and actually could have convinced TIM either way throughout that entire sequence. Was kinda cool. There was only one rep check in the entire game I couldn't do (fairly early on, don't remember it offhand). Except, of course, I couldn't unite the Geth/Quarians without Legion, so that sucked. I was hoping it would at least give you the option if you had high enough Rep :smith:[/spoiler]

You can convince him as long as you have attempted to do so every time you have seen him in the game. If you didn't then the last few will be grayed out no matter how much rep you have.

What kind of rep you have doesn't actually determine which persuasions you can do anymore. It only matters how full the bar is and the above in that one instance.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

randombattle posted:

Actually turns out I had the endings slightly wrong.

Only the red ending has people being vaporized. Green only has one movie which is the good one (which is obvious thinking about it.) Blue only has fail and good.

Which makes the whole argument even stupidier if we are also saying that "Wipe out all AI" means also vaporize every soldier on earth for no reason at all. Explain that one people who justify this ending.

It's not true because You can literally see the soldiers on earth celebrating the explosion of the reapers. (Rather than exploding on their own.)

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Wow, you guys. I think I am actually terrified of experiencing this ending now.

At least I'm still enjoying the game itself, I guess! Seriously, so many happy moments in this game. I love how much more fleshed out the side missions are in this game. They feel like story missions themselves!

I also love how much more is going on in the Normandy. The squadmates actually appear in different places on the ship this time, and oh my god they even -interact- with each other. I was so happy to see two of them just hanging out in Kasumi's old room talking to each other.

I'm having a blast with the multiplayer, too. There's enough enemy variety, and enough varying playstyles between the class and race variants that it's consistently staying fresh and fun for me.

Also, Mordin!:cry:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Heliotic posted:

It's not true because You can literally see the soldiers on earth celebrating the explosion of the reapers. (Rather than exploding on their own.)

Not in End03_LondonRedVap.bik everything is vaporized on Earth. It's left a grey wasteland.

And then the relay explodes anyway so it also doesn't matter.

Also the citadel explodes in every ending too.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Dominic White posted:

I played a pure Paragon run through the whole trilogy. The only major characters who died were in ME3 - Mordin, Thane & Legion - all three with heroic deaths that saved lives. Even saved the Rachni, and Grunt managed to kill stuff so hard he avoided dying in his own heroic death cutscene, and was there on Earth to help with the fight. Miranda and all the other NPC crew-members made it out fine, too.

I didn't have a previous save game, so I'm going to wait for an editor so I can make a saved game for ME2 the way I did it previously. I was using the 'canon' save file which has a few things I don't like: No legion, no wrex or grunt, tali exiled, etc.

Siminu
Sep 6, 2005

No, you are the magic man.

Hell Gem
After that lovely ending, I'm forced to think about the things I really enjoyed about this finale. Y'know, in order to cleanse the palate.

I liked the characterization this time around. Specifically, I liked the way certain relationships and characters matured since the previous games. While Joker, and his sexbot,were cringeworthy, and Vega and Ashley were simply boring, I felt that characters like Garrus, Mordin and Thane:cry:, Jack, and Liara only got more awesome/interesting. I hated Jack in ME2, but now she's cut that teenage rebellion bullshit down and mellowed out into a kickass biotic teacher-mentor.

My favorite changes involved Liara after the Shadow Broker DLC. I never used her in ME1, and definitely didn't go down the romance path. In ME3, she's with Shepard almost from the start. She's become wise, and extremely capable, and knows what Shep has had to go through. The platonic friendship path has her being a sturdy pillar of support in Shep's life as the galaxy goes to poo poo and Shepard is forced to deal with the immense weight of expectations and responsibility. As the game's events became more and more dark, conversations with Liara balanced things out with inspiration, support, and hope.

Garrus may be Shep's badass space-bro, but Liara is the best friend to rely on for the heavier stuff that weighs on a hero's mind.

And I thought that was nice.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007

randombattle posted:

Not in End03_LondonRedVap.bik everything is vaporized on Earth. It's left a grey wasteland.

I was assuming the beam didn't do something different depending on your war score :colbert:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Heliotic posted:

I was assuming the beam didn't do something different depending on your war score :colbert:

I imagine if you are not good enough at war scoring then magical deus ex machina robot decides to vaporize the world for funsies.

And then the mass relay and the citadel explode anyway so whatever.

Also the outro movie of the beam hitting the relay always shows Earth not vaporized so gently caress continuity if you are bad at the game.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007

Siminu posted:

She's become wise, and extremely capable, and knows what Shep has had to go through.

That reminds me of how I met Liara in ME1. I did that planet last, so she actually thought we were hallucinations. :3:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Dominic White posted:

Never saw him. I had Wrex, and Mordin alive, saved the research data, had Eve in good health and everything in place for the best possible outcome on Tuchanka. Raised a middle finger to the Salarian government and ended the Genophage.

He was the very model of a scientist Salarian. :mordin:

Whoops, I thought you were talking about Mordin dying in ME2, not ME3, in your game. Man, he does own.

How does Eve being in good health work, anyways? I feel like I just totally missed a way to save her with Wreav, or maybe it's just not possible without Wrex, but I have no idea what choice I was supposed to make.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007
I really enjoyed Mordin's and Legion's moment's more than I did the ending.

There just wasn't a whole lot of closure, Oh boy look the gang all ended up on some lush garden planet, it is going to be like Gilligan's Island except without the Skipper. I was half expecting a big rear end loving :lost: right after they hopped off the Normandy.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Anal Tributary posted:

Whoops, I thought you were talking about Mordin dying in ME2, not ME3, in your game. Man, he does own.

How does Eve being in good health work, anyways? I feel like I just totally missed a way to save her with Wreav, or maybe it's just not possible without Wrex, but I have no idea what choice I was supposed to make.

Not sure about the exact way to go about getting that plot branch, but Eve ends up sharing power with Wrex, becoming the wise voice of reason leading the Krogan into a new age.

She also plans to get the females (who are generally much smarter than males, but just as big, tough and good with a gun) more involved in the political process in general. So yeah, the best possible outcome of that entire story arc is 'Things are looking very good for the Krogan'.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

randombattle posted:

Also the citadel explodes in every ending too.

This only happens if you go in with a lovely EMS score. Only Reapertech/sentinent AI is destroyed by the Crucible, not all tech. The Mass Relay destruction is apparently vented in a way so it doesn't destroy the planets. The Citadel is more of a problem, but the wreckage isn't necessarily that big of a danger and can be removed by the remaining fleet before the bigger part rains down on Earth.

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

Rincewind posted:

I just beat the game. I had already warmed up to the ending in spoiler form, but the execution of it was amazing. I guess this is going to be like the BSG ending all over again, where I repeatedly get into internet arguments about how no, really, this ending really is the culmination of themes explored throughout the rest of the series.

Anyone who likes the endings doesn't like ME lore or the characters. Yea I went there.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Decius posted:

This only happens if you go in with a lovely EMS score. Only Reapertech/sentinent AI is destroyed by the Crucible, not all tech. The Mass Relay destruction is apparently vented in a way so it doesn't destroy the planets. The Citadel is more of a problem, but the wreckage isn't necessarily that big of a danger and can be removed by the remaining fleet before the bigger part rains down on Earth.

My point was it isn't even consistent in it's lovely message.

Didja Redo
Jan 24, 2010

Wanna try my freedom meat BBQ meat?

Dominic White posted:

Not sure about the exact way to go about getting that plot branch, but Eve ends up sharing power with Wrex, becoming the wise voice of reason leading the Krogan into a new age.

Mordin's dialogue suggests that you have to have saved Maelon's research data back in ME2. Then the procedure goes more smoothly and Eve lives.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Dominic White posted:

She also plans to get the females (who are generally much smarter than males, but just as big, tough and good with a gun) more involved in the political process in general. So yeah, the best possible outcome of that entire story arc is 'Things are looking very good for the Krogan'.

With Wreav alive and Eve dead, Wreav is constantly talking about how he plans to show the other races who's boss. You see him before the final mission on Earth, telling his soldiers to "work with the Turians for now, but study their strategy and tactics for the future." I guess it's irrelevant in the end, but made me feel really bad for curing the genophage... even though the result was probably killing Mordin. I heard that if Eve dies and Wrex is dead from previous games, you can convince Mordin to not cure it (I would presume because Wreav is p much straight evil). Kinda wish I'd done that.

God drat, there is so much going on in every part of this game :stare:

Jarmel posted:

Anyone who likes the endings doesn't like ME lore or the characters. Yea I went there.

I wouldn't agree with you on liking it meaning "not liking the lore", except for the goddamn destruction of the relays. That's what took the ending from "somewhat cliched and WAY too short but at least reflective of the series' themes" to "totally destroys the future of that universe."

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Mar 10, 2012

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Dominic White posted:

She also plans to get the females (who are generally much smarter than males) more involved in the political process in general. So yeah, the best possible outcome of that entire story arc is 'Things are looking very good for the Krogan'.

Post Tuchanka spoiler
Doesn't change the underlying problem that both the Krogans and maybe the galaxy are hosed if they don't invent and strictly control effective birth control. The Krogan population would spin completely out of control in just a few decades. Which means either starving children, Krogans dying in internal fights in their billions or starting again the search for more Lebensraum. I don't seehow Wrex and Eve can stop this - maybe by asking the Salarians for a modified version of the Genophage, that reduces the birth rate to a promille of the current one.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Decius posted:

Post Tuchanka spoiler
Doesn't change the underlying problem that both the Krogans and maybe the galaxy are hosed if they don't invent and strictly control effective birth control. The Krogan population would spin completely out of control in just a few decades. Which means either starving children, Krogans dying in internal fights in their billions or starting again the search for more Lebensraum. I don't seehow Wrex and Eve can stop this - maybe by asking the Salarians for a modified version of the Genophage, that reduces the birth rate to a promille of the current one.

Isn't this what the Genophage already did, though? Took it to like "1 in 1000" births make it, which is enough for the species' survival?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Congratulations Bioware for making a new scanning minigame that annoys me even more than the one in ME2.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Noxville posted:

Congratulations Bioware for making a new scanning minigame that annoys me even more than the one in ME2.

It's annoying, but it also takes maybe 30-45 minutes to scan literally everything in the galaxy. Just put on a podcast or an episode of a TV show.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I just did From Ashes. Nice to get an insight into the Protheans, and that they subverted expectations a bit.

Mostly, though, his reaction to the news about the Salarians cracked me the hell up. "...they used to eat flies :raise:

Oh, and everyone, Liara included, was all agog over the Protheans being so advanced that they could do the Mind Meld trick, and I get that the Prothean version was better, but I'm just remembering Liara melding with Shep all over the first game.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 10, 2012

Jarmel
Feb 18, 2012

Anal Tributary posted:

I wouldn't agree with you on the lore, except for the goddamn destruction of the relays. That's what took the ending from "somewhat cliched and WAY too short but at least reflective of the series' themes" to "totally destroys the future of that universe."

Oh it definitely does. It breaks ME1 and dismisses ME2. So the Guardian was just chilling inside the Citadel while Nazara and Saren were trying to open the relay inside it? That's not even including the huge plot hole of why didn't they use the Conduit from Ilos. Don't forget how the Citadel got all the way from the Serpent Nebula to Sol magically. I guess either the Reapers had one big towtruck or Mr.Citadel himself decided it was time to pack up and move. There's absolutely no follow-up from ME2. Then the relays are the icing on this crap cake. So now we have the destruction of the galactic civilization. Yes there is FTL so it should be possible to create regionalized governments similar to the medieval period in Europe but that's really it. That's also after billions of people on colonies and homeworlds die to starvation, lack of trade, and destruction of the infrastructure after the Reaper attacks. Then there is the whole ridiculous notion of Synthesis which is never explained properly as how it could even feasibly work in the restrictions of the ME universe. Don't even get me started on the Normandy bit either. That whole sequence is impossible due to how relays work in that travel in instantaneous.

I'll allow the relays exploding as it might be a controlled explosion compared to Arrival's asteroid tactic.

Should I discuss the Reapers too and their whole poorly explained motivations or does that fall under the character subsection? The way that they made Nazara a slave to a kid even though they STATE in ME1 that each Reaper is independent.

So in short it's straight up disrespectful to fans and probably Drew K himself.

e: Now that I think about it, I wonder if him leaving has anything to do with this.

Jarmel fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Mar 10, 2012

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Anal Tributary posted:

Isn't this what the Genophage already did, though? Took it to like "1 in 1000" births make it, which is enough for the species' survival?

Post Tuchanka spoiler
Yes, but it changes it to less than sustainable in the most cruel way (stillborn children). Having a form that allows for 10-50 children in a lifespan (1000 years after all) without dead babies would make the whole thing bearable by the Krogans and save them.

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004

Anal Tributary posted:

Its definitely possible. I missed Wrex's armor mission in ME1, so he ended up being shot by Ashley on Virmire. I was playing a total paragon character and Eve ended up just fine. The result is somewhat similar to what Dominic White posted about Wrex & Eve being alive. The difference is that Eve has a short leash on Wreav and has him completely whipped.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Decius posted:

Post Tuchanka spoiler
Yes, but it changes it to less than sustainable in the most cruel way (stillborn children). Having a form that allows for 10-50 children in a lifespan (1000 years after all) without dead babies would make the whole thing bearable by the Krogans and save them.

Kind of off topic, but every time I see your avatar it takes me a second to realize its not Zaeed.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I really liked the Helios (merge synthetics with organics) ending. Seemed like the right choice to me... though I miss a variation of that ending where the mass relays are not destroyed.

E: I just replayed the ending and now that I think about it, the "Control Reapers" endings is probably the best; the mass relays are destroyed, but you are in control of the reapers and can help rebuild all the stuff.

Oh dear, more DLCs.

On a related note, making the Prothean squadmate DLC is an absolutely loving horrible decision. Either way, I bought that DLC because it brings way more closure.

Hint: If you ever play ME3, take care when you talk to the Illusive man on Mars. There's a hidden Charm choice there that you need to make the Illusive Man commit suicide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

M_Sinistrari posted:

While on some level I'd like to say I would, for me it really depends on how Bioware addresses the situation. If they handle it in the manner they did the complaints on DA2, then they'd have to be packing a gently caress of a lot (think more on the lines of the old school expansion packs) into the DLC to get my money.

If they give us a wider range of endings such as the 'happy wedding with Chakwas catching the bouquet' and the 'Galaxy dead with Shepard laughing insanely as she breathes her last amidst the ruins' along with some more missions to help balance out this reported discrepancy between what's possible pointwise without multiplayer or to even help pad out previous choice repercussions, it'd ease some of my sourness over the situation.

As it stands now, I won't be doing anymore pre-orders of fancy versions of Bioware games, and if they handle this like they did in the DA2 situation, only thing I'd consider of Bioware's then would be a big maybe on Jade Empire 2.

A little off-topic but how did they handle DA2? I actually liked it quite a bit so I ignored all the internet drama over it, but I would like to know so I have at least something to base expectations on for a fix to me3.

Rincewind posted:

I just beat the game. I had already warmed up to the ending in spoiler form, but the execution of it was amazing. I guess this is going to be like the BSG ending all over again, where I repeatedly get into internet arguments about how no, really, this ending really is the culmination of themes explored throughout the rest of the series.

After thinking about it quite a bit more, I feel the problem with the ending is more what isn't there than what is. The destroy/control options are well-supported, but with no real catharsis or denoument to go along with them it just leaves me feeling frustrated. Giving an open-ended finale to such a character driven game just doesn't work for me.

The synthesis ending is just stupid though.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Mar 10, 2012

• Locked thread