Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

reboot posted:

"Its like chasing a girl for 5 years, becoming friends, one drunken amazing night you are about to get it on and BAM! You find out your friend is a pre-op transexual."

yo, go gently caress yourself dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Another alternative ending. This one's not happy, but I think it'd still be better just for being internally consistent with the rest of the story.

Even though this doesn't happen in game it's specific enough re: game events that I'm spoiling it to be safe.

The Crucible is a powerful broadcast array that indoctrinates all sufficiently advanced organic life. The Citadel and the Relays are Reaper tech. We know this from the previous games. There's no reason to believe the Crucible can actually stop the Reapers other than blind faith and desperation, and considering the other hand-me-down tech is of Reaper origin, what kind of maniac would risk building this, unless it's a nothing-to-lose scenario?

Our heroes discover this but fail to stop its activation. The most they can do is update Liara's historical records to warn them against building the Crucible and share Shepard's story so the next cycle has a fighting chance.

Disappointing and grim as poo poo, but at least it makes sense with the rest of it.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Creepy Goat posted:

I... I think Aria just raped me :stare:

Go immediately back to the bar and you can get another weird cutscene.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The ending(s) are terrible, but using the Quarian/Geth peace as an argument doesn't work. They are have only been at peace for what, a few weeks? And the main reason for that is due to the fact that their very existence is threatened. I'm sure that they'll be back to hating each other soon enough, particularly after the horrible devastation that the deactivation of the relay network will create.

e;

quote:

Another alternative ending. This one's not happy, but I think it'd still be better just for being internally consistent with the rest of the story.

Even though this doesn't happen in game it's specific enough re: game events that I'm spoiling it to be safe.

The Crucible is a powerful broadcast array that indoctrinates all sufficiently advanced organic life. The Citadel and the Relays are Reaper tech. We know this from the previous games. There's no reason to believe the Crucible can actually stop the Reapers other than blind faith and desperation, and considering the other hand-me-down tech is of Reaper origin, what kind of maniac would risk building this, unless it's a nothing-to-lose scenario?

Our heroes discover this but fail to stop its activation. The most they can do is update Liara's historical records to warn them against building the Crucible and share Shepard's story so the next cycle has a fighting chance.

Disappointing and grim as poo poo, but at least it makes sense with the rest of it.
Yeah, this would be pretty cool. You could even have an epilogue where some Alien dudes finds a Shepard beacon.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 10, 2012

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
People posting about all the stuff I've missed really makes me want to go back and reply the game, but... I just can't do it knowing how it all ends :(

opblaaskrokodil
Oct 26, 2004

Your morals are my morals. Your wishes are my code.

Aristobulus posted:

Large quantity of text
Hm, where did you find (ME2 NPC) Aethyta? I never ran into that character :(.

On the whole, I totally agree with what you said.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ending bitching:
Well, I haven't been this depressed about the ending of something fictional since His Dark Materials. It's kind of like the Human Revolution endings only worse, those were all tacked on and each sucked in their own way, these ending are tacked on too and all terribly bleak. With several close friends dead as well as billions of other people, and the galaxy in shambles a perfectly happy ending isn't going to happen, however they could have done better than this. I'd buy DLC to get some closure, without some changes I can't see myself playing again.

Also, completely destroying the established setting is going to do wonders for any other games that might come out. I spent the entire game thinking that they've got to come out with something lighter in tone next, how they're going to do that now is pretty far out there.

rainy day posted:

yo, go gently caress yourself dude
How about hit by a car?

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 10, 2012

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

opblaaskrokodil posted:

Presidium Commons, working behind a bar, after the Sur'Kesh mission.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Kainser posted:

The ending(s) are terrible, but using the Quarian/Geth peace as an argument doesn't work. They are have only been at peace for what, a few weeks? And the main reason for that is due to the fact that their very existence is threatened. I'm sure that they'll be back to hating each other soon enough, particularly after the horrible devastation that the deactivation of the relay network will create.
While that may be true, he doesn't even try to make the argument. He's attempted to create winning arguments of less.

deathsuxdontdie
Apr 12, 2004

Excellent Patient Care

rainy day posted:

People posting about all the stuff I've missed really makes me want to go back and reply the game, but... I just can't do it knowing how it all ends :(

I feel the same way. If there were a better ending I'd probably be working through a second playthrough right now.

Honestly? As cheesy and lame as it would be?

I'd love an ending that ended with a loving Star Wars: A New Hope medal ceremony with a quick description of what people did after saving the universe from the reapers. Failing that, a funeral for Shepard with the entire galaxy there to say their thanks for his ultimate sacrifice. I'd much rather have SOME sort of closure other than "yeah everything's hosed no matter what choice you make and who knows who survived that Normandy crash thanks for dumping almost 90 hours of your life into our games sucker. Here's a cameo from Buzz Aldrin because he's a space person I guess(okay the fact that he did a few lines of voice work for them is kinda cool to me)."

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

doctor 7 posted:

Regarding the endings

Exactly, you're getting me. Shepard is just completely out of character throughout that part.

If Shepard was the type of character to just give in to the kid and lie down and take his lovely choices as presented, he should never have made it as far as he did. He should've given up on Vermire when talking to Sovereign. He should've never attempted uniting the Krogan/Salarians/Turians or the Quarians/Geth. All of that was treated as "just fate, you can't fight the nature of things" and that they would always be at war, yet Shepard said gently caress that noise and helped them unite.

opblaaskrokodil posted:

Complete a mission for an Asari in the hospital, in the early game. Then talk to the Asari afterwards, then go to the cafe near Liara, in the Presidium Commons.

It's totally worth doing.

Also, I do want to say that I am a bit worried that the atrociousness of the ending will over-ride the rest of the game, for most people.

I mean, I can't overstate how much I enjoyed the vast majority of the game. Really just the last 5-10 minutes I hated, yet I'm afraid that that is going to color the game too much for most people. I do think Bioware deserves credit for how well the rest of the game was done, at the same time.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Kainser posted:

Even assuming you're right and peace only lasts a few weeks. You're wrong because the argument the reapers put forth is that "synthetic life will destroy organic life" which is contradicted by the fact that not only did the geth only attack out of self defense, and they actually let the Quarians escape the first time. A good chunk of the game is spent saying "maybe robots and people can get along" and then it's completely ignored in the ending.

3 Stacked Midgets
Jul 29, 2004
Triple Threat
The character writing in the game is fantastic. The overarching plot wasn't.

(end spoilers)

The crucible was always going to be a deus ex machina device. Deus ex machinas are terrible literary devices because it abuses authorial power. The author can make impossible things happen with a story as easy as writing a new line. This screws with a thoughtful reader/player, who's trying to understand the story better through its own internal consistency.

The game's plot would have been much stronger if it either didn't exist at all or mysteriously failed at the very end. It'd have been more satisfying to defeat the reapers through non-DXM means, even if it turned out to be a Pyrrhic victory..

I can kind of sympathize with the writers at Bioware, given that the Reapers were set up to be pretty lame stock villains from ME1. They took on a little more depth in ME2, but there's not a lot that could be salvaged from the original corny premise, which falls apart after a two minute examination.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

Kainser posted:

But it still proves that synthetics can be reasoned with and make peace just like organic races. If synthetics aren't especially inherently ultra-genocidal machines that will make all organic life everywhere extinct, then the Catalyst's proposition becomes mere speculation without any examples given. An AI doesn't need to reproduce, or necessarily feel the need to survive that would cause it to go rogue, any more than an organic might go insane and homicidal. The geth might just get in their Dyson sphere, chill out, and then float out of the galaxy to contemplate theoretical physics or tic-tac-toe for the next 50 million years until they get bored and move onto something else. The Reapers might as well be freaking out over the possibility of galactic collision, or supermassive black holes randomly forming, or evolutionary forces creating a "perfect" lifeform like a spaceborne virus to destroy all life. It's all theoretical chance and the natural order of things. Synthetics are just artificial lifeforms and thus would be prone to extinction like any other. For a race that's at least nearly a billion years old, the Reapers seem incredibly myopic if the possibility of a dominant galactic species being synthetic is unacceptable for them and necessitates handicapping galactic evolution and sticking the DNA into sentient tombstones every 50,000 years.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.
Is beating Overlord with the Renegade option the only way to get a war asset from a certain doctor?

Space Cadet Glow
Jun 10, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Also, completely destroying the established setting is going to do wonders for any other games that might come out. I spent the entire game thinking that they've got to come out with something lighter in tone next, how they're going to do that now is pretty far out there.

I have this nagging feeling that maybe the whole point of those vague endings is to provide a blank slate so future games don't need to take individual player choices into account - kind of like the warp in the west did for The Elder Scrolls. The epilogue already implies that future installments in the franchise will take place long after the events of ME3 - so long, in fact, that Shepard has turned into a mythical character and nobody can really say what actually happened anymore.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

3 Stacked Midgets posted:

(end spoilers)

The crucible was always going to be a deus ex machina device. Deus ex machinas are terrible literary devices because it abuses authorial power. The author can make impossible things happen with a story as easy as writing a new line. This screws with a thoughtful reader/player, who's trying to understand the story better through its own internal consistency.

The game's plot would have been much stronger if it either didn't exist at all or mysteriously failed at the very end. It'd have been more satisfying to defeat the reapers through non-DXM means, even if it turned out to be a Pyrrhic victory..

I can kind of sympathize with the writers at Bioware, given that the Reapers were set up to be pretty lame stock villains from ME1. They took on a little more depth in ME2, but there's not a lot that could be salvaged from the original corny premise, which falls apart after a two minute examination.
the Crucible not doing anything would have been great. It should have been a thing to rally the species behind, and have your military score decide what ending you get.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Have any official reviewers commented on the ending? All I keep hearing is that the game is a great ending for the trilogy. Personally, I don't care how it ends, the scene where I talked to all my friends before the last push was enough for me. Everything after that is flavor text. I'm more interested in how all "official" reviewers seem to have no problem with it, while it seems a majority of the game's fans hate it. How did this gap form? Have we become our own subculture?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Like 50 million years after everyone else, but, uh. EDI. :stare:

Who comes up with this poo poo?

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.

Aristobulus posted:

Exactly, you're getting me. Shepard is just completely out of character throughout that part.

If Shepard was the type of character to just give in to the kid and lie down and take his lovely choices as presented, he should never have made it as far as he did. He should've given up on Vermire when talking to Sovereign. He should've never attempted uniting the Krogan/Salarians/Turians or the Quarians/Geth. All of that was treated as "just fate, you can't fight the nature of things" and that they would always be at war, yet Shepard said gently caress that noise and helped them unite.

It's like for the entirety of the series Shepard follows Mordin's philosophy "Had to be me. Someone else might've gotten it wrong," only for her to forget all about it and allow someone else to make the decision for her right at the end.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I'm not reading this thread since there are spoilers all over the place. I just have a quick question before I start playing for the first time:

I'm thinking of going with Infiltrator for my first class but I don't really want to use Sniper Rifles. Will the game punish me for using other weapons along with Tactical Cloak?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Spikeguy posted:

Have any official reviewers commented on the ending? All I keep hearing is that the game is a great ending for the trilogy. Personally, I don't care how it ends, the scene where I talked to all my friends before the last push was enough for me. Everything after that is flavor text. I'm more interested in how all "official" reviewers seem to have no problem with it, while it seems a majority of the game's fans hate it. How did this gap form? Have we become our own subculture?
I have yet to beat the game but it is pretty common for reviews to be written by people that have played the game but did not beat it.
Time constraints and general problems with game reviewing.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Spikeguy posted:

I haven't read a whole lot of them, but the guy from 1Up was pretty down about it

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

(end spoilers)

Nobody is really upset at the Crucible being a Deus ex Machina. Of course it was going to be that, I expected that from the first moment on Mars.

It's about the execution, and that it doesn't even serve as a Deus Ex Machina to make things right, but as I said in my post, a reverse one to make everything poo poo.

Also, this just occurred to me, but the game is completely lacking in a Final boss fight. ME1 had Saren. Me2 has the human Reaper. ME3? a few banshees and brutes. Hard, but not the same as an actual figure like Saren or the human Reaper even. The closest you get is Kai-Leng, but he's too distanced from the end of the game to count, I think.

The reason I'm pointing this out is to drive home even more the failure of the Catalyst-Kid. He really should have been the final boss. Shepard really should have told him to get hosed, and then fought him. He's presented exactly as the Reapers were, makes exactly the same argument, yet Shepard doesn't fight him so the game is suddenly lacking in a final boss fight because this time Shepard lets the final boss win.

Just an interesting note.

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.

Cardboard Fox posted:

I'm not reading this thread since there are spoilers all over the place. I just have a quick question before I start playing for the first time:

I'm thinking of going with Infiltrator for my first class but I don't really want to use Sniper Rifles. Will the game punish me for using other weapons along with Tactical Cloak?

You don't really get penalised for not using sniper rifles (the damage bonus granted from coming out of cloak lasts a couple of seconds and applies to all weapons), but you'll obviously find it harder to take advantage of the headshot damage bonuses a couple of the Infiltrator skills grant and you only get the time dilation effect when looking down a scope on a sniper rifle.

3 Stacked Midgets
Jul 29, 2004
Triple Threat

Charlie Mopps posted:

the Crucible not doing anything would have been great. It should have been a thing to rally the species behind, and have your military score decide what ending you get.

Yeah. It would've been a more clever twist that would have fit better into the game's themes -- especially with the DLC exposing that the protheans weren't the lovely good guys that the galaxy assumed them to be.

Also, the fact that people only remember the last two minutes of your movie, the last few pages of your book, or the last bite of the meal you served them is well-known. That's what they tell other people about -- their last experience with the product.

If there's a mouse of the last bite of your delicious meal, you're going to remember that part and not the rest.

deathsuxdontdie
Apr 12, 2004

Excellent Patient Care

Flipswitch posted:

Like 50 million years after everyone else, but, uh. EDI. :stare:

Who comes up with this poo poo?

She wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't have gigantic tits that you can only cover up with Miranda's skin tight black catsuit from ME2. Her actual plot line is pretty well done, with her becoming more and more like a human/sentient living thing rather than a generic AI thing. It makes sense to put her in a more humanoid body for people to identify with her more. If she were just a glowing ball the entire time it'd be less convincing.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

The Unnamed One posted:

I haven't read a whole lot of them, but the guy from 1Up was pretty down about it
"but four of those six are familiar faces that I kind of got sick of"

How can you get sick of Garrus? :negative:

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Finally dicking around with this game properly (loading in a FemShep full completion save) and I couldn't make a good Archer MaleShep, but I can make a picture-perfect Rei Ayanami FemShep.

I don't know how to feel.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

(end spoilers)

If I understand what you're doing here I can disagree because they did not write themselves into a corner. Here's how it was salvaged

Shepard walks away. Hell I tried to do this when I was faced with the choices. Deus Ex Machina is turned from because it's lovely. There.

Me:..Haha, this is dumb. Obviously Shepard won't just bow to fate and do this stupid nonsense, it's why I got a fleet ready and everything.

Then I lumbered to the lift and noticed textures clipping. Like the idea of wanting to choose neither of the 3 bullshit answers was impossible narratively. Ugh. They could still fail, the reapers win, or the super happy go lucky you did it achievement of winning the war in the end. All of the above really.It'd have satisfied everything.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

deathsuxdontdie posted:

She wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't have gigantic tits that you can only cover up with Miranda's skin tight black catsuit from ME2. Her actual plot line is pretty well done, with her becoming more and more like a human/sentient living thing rather than a generic AI thing. It makes sense to put her in a more humanoid body for people to identify with her more. If she were just a glowing ball the entire time it'd be less convincing.

One alternate costume makes the breasts much less prominent, though unfortunately she doesn't wear it on the ship. Overall, I didn't mind too much, but it would have been nice if the default appearance had been closer to what the original bearer actually looked like.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

Malrauxs Place posted:

I have this nagging feeling that maybe the whole point of those vague endings is to provide a blank slate so future games don't need to take individual player choices into account - kind of like the warp in the west did for The Elder Scrolls. The epilogue already implies that future installments in the franchise will take place long after the events of ME3 - so long, in fact, that Shepard has turned into a mythical character and nobody can really say what actually happened anymore.

What you're posting about here goes more into something else I got into a bit in my post, and honestly, this is another strong failing of the ending.

Why? Because this isn't an ending where the slate is wiped clean so new games can be made in the universe. What you are posting can't happen. Without the Mass Relays there is no galactic civilization. It will die, and NEVER COME BACK. EVER. The ending of ME3 does NOT allow for a game to be made that takes place in a distant future where Shepard is a myth, because in that distant future, what you would actually see is a ruined galaxy with a tiny, tiny fraction of the life it had in the ME trilogy. You would see a completely ruined Earth, Thessia, Palaven looking more like Tuchanka than a real populated world, except in very likely an even worse state than we ever saw Tuchanka in.

There may be pockets of small villages on self sustaining planets here and there, but as a whole things are completely ruined after ME3. Galactic civilization is truly dead and never coming back.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Aristobulus posted:

Nobody is really upset at the Crucible being a Deus ex Machina. Of course it was going to be that, I expected that from the first moment on Mars.

It's about the execution, and that it doesn't even serve as a Deus Ex Machina to make things right, but as I said in my post, a reverse one to make everything poo poo.

Also, this just occurred to me, but the game is completely lacking in a Final boss fight. ME1 had Saren. Me2 has the human Reaper. ME3? a few banshees and brutes. Hard, but not the same as an actual figure like Saren or the human Reaper even. The closest you get is Kai-Leng, but he's too distanced from the end of the game to count, I think.

The reason I'm pointing this out is to drive home even more the failure of the Catalyst-Kid. He really should have been the final boss. Shepard really should have told him to get hosed, and then fought him. He's presented exactly as the Reapers were, makes exactly the same argument, yet Shepard doesn't fight him so the game is suddenly lacking in a final boss fight because this time Shepard lets the final boss win.

Yes, this is a good idea. But I think they did a good job in vanilla. Sans ending of course.

Maybe a time slowdown where you have to shoot the Illusive Man before he shoots Anderson, final boss, there. After the huge swarm fight, your squad pushing themselves to their limits and the hell run, I felt satisfied with INTENSE ACTION FINAL BOSS.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Aristobulus posted:

Yeah, the deus ex machina ending should've been obvious to pretty much anyone. "Hey we're building this device and we have no idea what it does!" I mean really, it's pretty much as obvious as Shepard having to make a grand sacrifice with the Shepard name."

That said I'm glad there wasn't a big boss fight. Mass Effect, for me, has always been more about decisions than boss fights to be honest. So the manner in which the endings were presented was fine with me, I just think the actually choices themselves were crap for the reasons I already went into detail about.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Just finished it this morning, needed some time to process my thoughts.

Overall, I liked it very much. Dialogue between party members and crew members was vastly improved (as in, they were no longer operating within some self-contained vacuum and interacted with each other), and the universe remains greatly realized and interesting. Liked seeing new places, like the Council race's home planets. Combat was functional, and that's all I can really say about it because I don't really pay attention to that sort of thing, and I was able to get through most sections without getting frustrated, with a few notable exceptions. (drat you, Rannoch Reaper and your drat laser.) Bugs were few, although I had to reload a couple areas due to getting caught on the scenery. I really liked the resolutions I could effect (i.e. the Genophage cure, the Quarian/Geth conflict), I thought the resolution of the various plotlines was okay (I played from an imported save, no idea how things shake out for newbies), and was impressed by the various death scenes. All in all, for most of the game it maintained the epic feeling I have come to expect for this series.

Re: the ending. I didn't actually hate it as much as I thought I was going to. Perhaps this was because I had already been prepared for it, reading the spoiler thread, or perhaps I've simply become jaded due to seeing other ending that were similar or worse, but I didn't think the ending was that bad, just incomplete. We don't really get an explanation as to where the reapers come from and why they do what they do (we kind of do, but it's only a couple of lines long), there's no real opportunity to to debate with the catalyst on his "synthetics will always fight organics" thing, we don't really get a final fight against harbinger or anyone else (the Illusive Man sort of counts, but this sweries already did that with Saren, and I woukld rather have had a fight with somebody), and the ending boiled down to three options, each one obtuse, abrupt and unnecessarily maudlin. If anyone cares, I chose the Synthesis ending, because that seemed the more Paragon choice for reasons that Aristobulus, doctor 7, and others have already discussed. They could all be saved if there was more arguments made for them and discussions about how they fit into the themes of the game as a whole, and discussed further their effects on the galaxy at large, not to mention what happened to your companions after the end. I can kind of see the point of destroying the mass relays (being that one of the themes of the game is "galactic civilizations=trap set by Reapers") but I agree with those that said that should not have been true in every ending. There also the point several others have made about cutting off everybody in galactic civilization and how that would lead to war and starvation all over again, but due to the uplifting feel of the music at the end with the old man and the boy, and the fact that they know about "the Shepard", I suspect that isn't really what happened. In short, more information is needed. This is rather the same problem that KOTOR II had: it isn't that the ending's bad, it just isn't there.

But, all things considered, I enjoyed myself too much throughout the game to actively despise everything because of the ending. So in conclusion, good game, good characters, good setting.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Someone mentioned clunky combat, pro tip: only use 2 main guns like (like Assault + sniper or assault + shotgun, + one small wep (pistol OR SMG). It lowers cool down on your abilities so battles that took kind of long will be quick work

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Monday Averted posted:

Wait, you can shoot him?

How did you manage to do that?

I think my game turned out more interesting and strange than I initially thought. Avoiding the citadel unless you're called there for a priority mission really fucks some stuff up, I think. I got the call to visit Kaidan in the hospital because he had woken up, but didn't end up going back until I had finished the stuff on Tuchanka. So when I got back, Cerberus had invaded the citadel, and Kaidan was guarding Udina and the other councilors when I got out of the elevator. The confrontation happened with Kaidan telling me to disarm myself, and Udina showing him video proof of me shooting the Salarian councilor (handily edited), after which he again asks me to disarm myself while he shields Udina who goes to open the elevator. That's when a renegade interrupt showed up, but I was too slow on the draw, and the result was one of my two squadmates (EDI specifically) taking the initiative and shooting Kaidan in the chest, killing him.

How different was this from what you guys saw?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

So, just to guage the feelings here, the big idea to fix the ending is

Make a gently caress you ending where Shepard does not play the Crucible's game? That or uses it in an unintended way to help. I don't see any ending with the mass relays blowing up being okay though.

Opinions/Thoughts?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Why didn't anyone tell me you can do a running heavy melee attack! It adds to my vanguard combo of death!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Darke GBF posted:

How different was this from what you guys saw?

Holy poo poo

I don't know what happened with your salarian Councillor, but if you talk to Thane in the hospital, he protects the Salarian, or if not him then Kirrahe protects him. If they're both dead then he dies. Either way, you talk Kaiden down in the altercation and Udina pulls a gun on the councillors, and you or Kaiden shoot him (you if you pass the renegade option) and the cerberus squad takes off. Edit:Worth noting, in mine the Councillor lived.

• Locked thread