Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

In a shocking twist, Spades Slick stabs LE to death during Act 6 Intermission 2. Act 6 continues to play out normally, with the characters having no idea that the villain is already defeated.

But yeah, wasn't expecting Lord English to pop up in Huss' house all of the sudden. Run Ms. Paint, run! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I haven't been this concerned for the well-being of a third-person narrator since Lemony Snicket.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I have had a theory for a long time that first guardians, and all others who are powered by The Green Sun, have narrator powers (on account of Doc Scratch hijacking the story, Lord English speaking through banner text, Bec being able to see the exile's player commands, Andrew Hussie being Andrew Hussie, etc).

Methinks poo poo's about to get meta as gently caress. Dangerously, hulkingly, violently meta.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Okay someone posted http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004197 before, but looking ahead a few pages we get this: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004203.

Am I reaching in thinking it's foreshadowing at what the actual "X of Blood" symbol is?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Wrist Watch posted:

Okay someone posted http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004197 before, but looking ahead a few pages we get this: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004203.

Am I reaching in thinking it's foreshadowing at what the actual "X of Blood" symbol is?
Nah, I totally buy it.

Spellman posted:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Wrist Watch posted:

I totally buy that it is retroactive foreshadowing.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Guys, Lord English is about to hold MS. Paint hostage. I don't think this could get more meta.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Fancy Hat! posted:

I don't think this could get more meta.
Yes it will. You know it will.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Fancy Hat! posted:

Guys, Lord English is about to hold MS. Paint hostage. I don't think this could get more meta.

If he kills Ms. Paint rather than taking her hostage, does that mean every single update from here on out has to be done in Flash?

vvv I know. I was just hoping out loud. :(

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 11, 2012

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.

Thundarr posted:

If he kills Ms. Paint rather than taking her hostage, does that mean every single update from here on out has to be done in Flash?

No because Photoshop will be unaffected.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Prediction: the camera will zoom in on his Green Sun-scepter, then zoom out to Jade, and this whole scene will be left on a cliffhanger until the next intermission

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Walliard posted:

Prediction: the camera will zoom in on his Green Sun-scepter, then zoom out to Jade, and this whole scene will be left on a cliffhanger until the next intermission

Act 6 Intermission 2 Subintermission 1

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
in sudden change, Ms. Paint is killed and the entire website starts redirecting to photoshopadventures.com

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It'll zoom way, way out to Hysterical Dame, staring at the screen and wondering what the hell she's reading.

The Problem Sleuth 2 starts.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Man this comic has been getting slow. OOH, new flash! Oh, and another self indulgent self-insert section.

I suppose he will also be doing a recaOH HOLY GOD.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Unlucky7 posted:

Man this comic has been getting slow. OOH, new flash! Oh, and another self indulgent self-insert section.

I suppose he will also be doing a recaOH HOLY GOD.

Y'see that's what I'm talking about.

We've got this comfortable handle on all the meta-imagery and Ms. Paint being a character/name of the website and all this sort of poo poo, then here comes the final boss whose power is so great he usurps even the story structure itself.

I may be wrong but it's my gut instinct that where Doc Scratch supplanted the narrating mechanism, Lord English will just smash it. Kill Hussie. Seize the old suggestion box and start writing commands directly. Somehow get Spades Slick back in the game somehow. I don't know. Something weird.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Spellman posted:

Nah, I totally buy it.

Thundarr posted:

I totally buy that it is retroactive foreshadowing.

Welp. :blush:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Watch, Hussie and Lord English have a climatic battle that ends with Huss getting thrashed, only to just hit Control + Z and get up afterwards.

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.
I think he might just be there to recruit Spades to be one of his Heralds, like the Handmaiden or the Condesce. Dunno, poo poo's so nuts right now it could really go anywhere.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Robo Pope posted:

I think he might just be there to recruit Spades to be one of his Heralds, like the Handmaiden or the Condesce. Dunno, poo poo's so nuts right now it could really go anywhere.

Nah, English isn't interested in men.

...oh. Oh dear. :ohdear:

Fantasy Tripe
Nov 4, 2009

Isn't the room with the two fourth walls that Jade and John are currently in between located somewhere in Hussie's mansion? Slowly making its way to the B2 universe while any old hulking skullfrog monster with a pool cue pimp cane could just saunter up and HONK them to death? :ohdear:

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Jade and John were only between the walls for three nanoseconds. It was only three years from their perspective because...being tiny alters how time affects you or something? I don't know, I didn't think that made any sense. Either way, they're long gone.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Nonbaka posted:

Jade and John were only between the walls for three nanoseconds. It was only three years from their perspective because...being tiny alters how time affects you or something?

Because Hussie got relativity backwards for story's sake.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

Pessimism posted:

edit: maybe he does have a second robot eye but he's keeping the eyepatch because it's cool

Called it!!! Sort of.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonbaka posted:

Jade and John were only between the walls for three nanoseconds. It was only three years from their perspective because...being tiny alters how time affects you or something? I don't know, I didn't think that made any sense. Either way, they're long gone.

So I guess that means that THEY ARE ALREADY HERE (here being their destination) :downsrim:

shoot me, i am the bad humorist, it is me

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Walliard posted:

Because Hussie got relativity backwards for story's sake.
I think the general idea is that at their current size, 3 feet = 3 light years.

Still not really how relativity works, but we are dealing with magic space dog powers so real physics doesn't quite apply.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Walliard posted:

Nah, English isn't interested in men.

...oh. Oh dear. :ohdear:

This, right here, is how Hussie is going to up the ante on just how meta this comic can get.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Thundarr posted:

This, right here, is how Hussie is going to up the ante on just how meta this comic can get.
Hussie will get someone to dress up as LE in real life at some convention and we will have to beat him.

To death.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I hope Ms. Paint is in shape because she is going to have to move those legs pretty quickly if she wants to survive.

I have to say, I wasn't expecting this.

Here's the fandom reaction:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

QuoProQuid posted:

I hope Ms. Paint is in shape because she is going to have to move those legs pretty quickly if she wants to survive.

I have to say, I wasn't expecting this.

Here's the fandom reaction:

For once, the wider fandom and I are largely in agreement.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Quite literally the Death of the Author, leading to the story getting taken over by a very angry, very hateful third party who will bend it to their own views.

Very nice, Huss. :golfclap:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TVs Ian posted:

I think the general idea is that at their current size, 3 feet = 3 light years.

Still not really how relativity works, but we are dealing with magic space dog powers so real physics doesn't quite apply.

It's also not how light years work.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Nonbaka posted:

I think Hussie threw in this page to try to plug up that plot hole. My guess now is that John and Jade traveled between the two fourth walls in Hussie's study in three nanoseconds, and the void between the two sides of the second fourth wall will take the kids three years to cross at just shy of light speed.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The album going up for such a short time today was a cruel tease. :qq:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Elysiume posted:

The album going up for such a short time today was a cruel tease. :qq:

Oh god I can see it now Cal!huissie will mention that he left Husbot to deal with the album while he nursed slick and lord English ripping off its head took the album down.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Personally I liked Hussie's "as they travel through 'reality', they're being hit by the three years' worth of time that have passed in the real world while the B1 session was firmly stuck on April 13th 2009." explanation.

Lady of the Beech
Dec 16, 2011

I clearly just want to be a good friend and bring all my AMAZING FRIENDLINESS to bear on your problems.
All the talk going on in the Spam Fairy Soulbonder thread is making me think of Tavros and his obsession with fairies, magic and the imaginary personification of his self esteem.

Somebody in the thread said something about how otherkin get caught up in their overactive imaginations because it's a way to escape from the fact that something important is missing in their life, or how they're neglecting themselves in some respect. Like for example, Tavros has no self-esteem, so instead of working on rebuilding his self-esteem he invents an imaginary replacement. The difference is that Tavros is aware that his fantasies are imaginary to the point of complaining about it.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I stopped reading for a few weeks because I was bored of the Jane/Jake romance poo poo (stopped here) since I'm not invested enough in the new kids to care about their personal problems.

Then I come back today and it turns out I was only like two pages away from really interesting stuff, and then holy poo poo that flash :stare: and then Lord English barging into... whatever place it is. This story keeps getting crazier and crazier.

Now I know why there were nearly 1500 posts since I last looked at this thread.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
This is the best roadtrip. It's just completely amazing how Karkat actually keeps managing to get weirder about his memos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Karkat. :allears: