Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr Tran posted:

I watched DBZ Kai on Toonzai last year and it was so confusing. They would just about finish the battle with Vegeta and then next week they would be on Namek. As soon as Freeza is sent to another dimension, back to Radish's arrival.

I never got around to seeing much after Trunks showed up and it looks like I wont ever see it either. Of course, I could just go buy the whole series but :effort:

Or you could watch it on Nicktoons (unless you're in some filthy non-America country, in which case you are beyond help), where I'm pretty sure they've gotten through the entire Kai series. I'm not sure what's so confusing about it for you, it's basically the series with most of the filler cut out to closer resemble the comics and also not be so god damned boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
I watched through the fourth season of Teen Titans a while back. I get that nothing holds up, but holy gently caress were all the plot episodes boring. TT was one of those shows where it was better off just being a comedy cartoon. It didn't need to be a parody or totally self-aware, the character interactions were enough.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm really not big into anime, but I will always have a soft spot for Dragonball Z :allears:

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
I know this was a few pages back but just chiming in to say I also loved Digimon when I was 12 or so, way more than Pokemon. (I think I was actually over Pokemon at that point, fancy that) Only watched the first two seasons, but jeez, the first season's story is still really memorable to me to this day. Season 2 was kind of a hit or miss thing, and the only meaningful new kid of the bunch was Ken. Speaking of which, between the episode where Tai has to leave his sister behind to go back to the digital world, or Ken's entire backstory about losing his older brother, for a kid's cartoon about battling monsters, the show had some serious heart felt tear jerker moments and I'm not afraid to admit it. Then again, I was 12, but still.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

LemonLimeTime posted:

I know this was a few pages back but just chiming in to say I also loved Digimon when I was 12 or so, way more than Pokemon. (I think I was actually over Pokemon at that point, fancy that) Only watched the first two seasons, but jeez, the first season's story is still really memorable to me to this day. Season 2 was kind of a hit or miss thing, and the only meaningful new kid of the bunch was Ken. Speaking of which, between the episode where Tai has to leave his sister behind to go back to the digital world, or Ken's entire backstory about losing his older brother, for a kid's cartoon about battling monsters, the show had some serious heart felt tear jerker moments and I'm not afraid to admit it. Then again, I was 12, but still.

Speaking of which, If you all aren't watching Digimon Hunters then you don't know what you're missing!

It's filler. An entire. Season. Of filler.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

readingatwork posted:

Speaking of which, If you all aren't watching Digimon Hunters then you don't know what you're missing!

Wait, what? The entire first season of the show is filler?

edit- Also watch Digimon Tamers (season 3) if you want to see a dark story for kids.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I'm honestly shocked that Xros Wars isn't out here yet because Tai, Mimi, Rika, and Takuya show up in the second season

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

GonSmithe posted:

Wait, what? The entire first season of the show is filler?

edit- Also watch Digimon Tamers (season 3) if you want to see a dark story for kids.

Yep! There are 21 episodes out now and I'd say that only about a third of them are worth catching. It's awful. Just awful. Which is too bad because Xros Wars was at least entertaining in a "so bad it's awesome" way and Xros Wars: The Evil Death Generals of Supreme Badness was legitimately good.

Actually Tamers is an interesting example for comparison. Both series started slow but at least the filler for Tamers had tons of character development and there was always at least the threat oft plot the whole time. Hunters has been recycling the same premise since episode 1 and almost nothing at all has changed about anyone excluding a few digivolutions.

If you want a quick guide to the episodes worth catching here's a list. Note that I'm not counting episodes that are filler except for a digivolition. Something like foreshadowing or character development needs to happen:

Ep 1*: Introduction to main character and basic plot

Ep 2*: Taiki's proper introduction into the story

Ep 3*: Contains actual hint at larger plot

Ep 4*: Yuu's introduction into the story

Ep 5: Yuu joins the cast proper.

Ep 8*: A blonde hunter is introduced. Otherwise it's filler

Ep 9*: Taiki and Akari get some minor character development. Otherwise it's filler.

Ep 11*: “Tagiru Goes Limp?! Gumdramon's in Trouble!!” is a hysterical episode title. Otherwise it's filler.

Ep 13*: Introduces a train that the characters use to travel around sometimes. Otherwise this is filler

Ep 14: OMGWTF!? LEGITIMATE PLOT! Serious but awesome spoilers: Reveal that Tai from Season 1 and What's his face from Savers are running around. This is never mentioned again. Presumably because the writers of this show hate money and love writing the same god damned terrible episode over and over. After this things go back to normal and nothing changes.

Ep 16*: You stupid fucks. OF COURSE IT'S NOT A GHOST YOU TWAT! Otherwise this is filler, I just needed to bitch about that.

Ep 17*: Some terribly annoying back story for Gumdramon. Minor plot foreshadowing

Ep 19*: They fight digi Cthulu. That's sort of cool I guess. Otherwise this is filler unless the girl or that golden digiegg come back. 50/50 odds either way.

Ep 20*: Total filler episode. However the number of kid's the digimon goes through over the course of what seems to be a single day is loving hysterical.

* --The plot of these episodes is some variation if "Something weird happens. Kids go into DigiQuartz to investigate and find out it's a digimon of the week. They catch it." This also applies to most episodes not listed.

Seriously Hunters. You have a cool premise and likeable main characters (the side characters suck though). DO SOMETHING DAMNIT! :bang:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, that's the impression I got, le sigh.

Xross Wars had it's issues (Especially in the second half) but it was never this bad.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 8, 2012

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

Embarrassingly enough I actually did watch Tamers in english a few years back out of curiosity and it was...surprisingly good for what it was. Granted being a lot older I didn't have the patience for a lot of the mindless monster battles and endlessly long evolution sequences (oh sorry, digivolution) and skimmed a lot of it,(I think I skipped a total of about a dozen whole episodes, and often didn't watch episodes all the way through) but I thought it ended pretty well. Also having evil Digimon based off the Chinese Zodiac was neat I guess.

readingatwork posted:

This looks dumb as all gently caress, though I am curious as to how Tai and the kids from previous seasons show up in it. Go ahead and spoil the whole thing for me, cus I'm never going to watch it.

I think the only thing that would ever even slightly pique my interest again is if they did a season about the original digidestined. You know, the 5 kids Gennai mentions before the season 1 kids fight Apocalymon. Even then I'd probably just skim an episode or two. Season 1 will always be one of those cartoons I loved from my childhood and the memories are great to go back to, but I'm too old for this stuff now and the interest has died. (and thats not me saying it out of shame, that's saying it out of disinterest)

How in the crap do you pronounce Xross Wars anyhow? I'm guess Xross is pronounced "cross?" Ugh.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Mar 8, 2012

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

LemonLimeTime posted:

Embarrassingly enough I actually did watch Tamers in english a few years back out of curiosity and it was...surprisingly good for what it was. Granted being a lot older I didn't have the patience for a lot of the mindless monster battles and endlessly long evolution sequences (oh sorry, digivolution) and skimmed a lot of it,(I think I skipped a total of about a dozen whole episodes, and often didn't watch episodes all the way through) but I thought it ended pretty well. Also having evil Digimon based off the Chinese Zodiac was neat I guess.

Consider checking it out again. If you liked the zodiac digimon then you'll likely love the Lovecraftian horrors that pop up later. It's written and directed by the same guy that made Serial Experiments Lain and as it progresses gets pretty dark and brutal. The first 13 episodes are basically set up with digimon of the week (plus character establishment and development) but if you can get through that then I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

quote:

This looks dumb as all gently caress, though I am curious as to how Tai and the kids from previous seasons show up in it. Go ahead and spoil the whole thing for me, cus I'm never going to watch it.

I think the only thing that would ever even slightly pique my interest again is if they did a season about the original digidestined. You know, the 5 kids Gennai mentions before the season 1 kids fight Apocalymon. Even then I'd probably just skim an episode or two. Season 1 will always be one of those cartoons I loved from my childhood and the memories are great to go back to, but I'm too old for this stuff now and the interest has died. (and thats not me saying it out of shame, that's saying it out of disinterest)

How in the crap do you pronounce Xross Wars anyhow? I'm guess Xross is pronounced "cross?" Ugh.

Well, so far it's just been lightly touched on in the series. Most of what people are saying comes from interviews that I personally haven't read. Basically after a particularly difficult digimon hunt featuring all the the minor hunters introduced so far that creepy old guy is shown in a boat somewhere. He turns to the back and says something along the lines of "Sorry guys, I guess you'll have a chance at it later". At which point the camera pans back to show Tai, the Savers guy and their Augumon. It comes right the gently caress out of nowhere but it sort of makes sense with all the dimensional travel and the time travel terminology being thrown around. For example, entering the DigiQuartz is called a "Time Shift".

Oh! And you pronounce it "Cross" I guess. That's how they do it in the series anyway.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
So here's a serious question, these cartoons in the arena-based-something-fighting genre that have actual games/toy associated with them, which comes first? Do they develop a card game and make a show around it or what? I know they're these giant toy/show marketing things that make a ton of money but where does the creative side fit into it all?

I ask because I'm up early and I see these things on Cartoon Network and just wonder where they came from. Action figures of stuff I understand but a cartoon about magic robot fighting tops, what is this poo poo? How do you play this game?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Some of the toys and such came first. For example, Zoids was actually a long running toy line before they made the anime, it went under a bunch of different names in various countries including "Zoids".

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

So here's a serious question, these cartoons in the arena-based-something-fighting genre that have actual games/toy associated with them, which comes first? Do they develop a card game and make a show around it or what? I know they're these giant toy/show marketing things that make a ton of money but where does the creative side fit into it all?

I ask because I'm up early and I see these things on Cartoon Network and just wonder where they came from. Action figures of stuff I understand but a cartoon about magic robot fighting tops, what is this poo poo? How do you play this game?

The toys/cards usually come first. The biggest example I can think of is YuGiOh, where it was originally a really dark manga where they talked about playing this card game a few times and showed some people playing it, then Japanese kids went nuts about how they wanted to play it, so they toned down the manga and released the card game and anime.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

The toys/cards usually come first. The biggest example I can think of is YuGiOh, where it was originally a really dark manga where they talked about playing this card game a few times and showed some people playing it, then Japanese kids went nuts about how they wanted to play it, so they toned down the manga and released the card game and anime.

Digimon, I believe, was originally a tamagotchi of sorts in the late 90's. I guess it gained enough popularity in Japan that they made the first movie,(where toddler Tai and Kari see the Greymon vs Parrotmon fight) and from there, an entire series.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

GonSmithe posted:

Rather hilariously, the card game from the manga was based on Magic: The Gathering, and wound up becoming probably its largest competitor.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

HypnoCabbage posted:

Rather hilariously, the card game from the manga was based on Magic: The Gathering, and wound up becoming probably its largest competitor.

I will never forgive that card game for taking up an entire convention hall that should have rightfully been relegated to Billy Dee Williams :argh:

On the subject of Digimon season 3, am I crazy or does Terriermon get the absolute worst evolutions?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Good Listener posted:

On the subject of Digimon season 3, am I crazy or does Terriermon get the absolute worst evolutions?

I mean, yeah, if it's opposite day or something

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Sockser posted:

I mean, yeah, if it's opposite day or something

My counter point is this big dumb thing

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

HypnoCabbage posted:

I have an issue of CoroCoro (a manga magazine from Japan) and there is a manga about some kids who play Magic. I think it got adapted into Duel Masters.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ok, So I have some issues with it (Why did the bug kid need to be there at all? Why was the blonde Hunter necessary at all? Why can't the animators give a decent sense of scale or menace to anything?) but the last episode of Digimon Hunters was actually pretty good:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/digimon-...uwagamon-589686

Major spoilers:
Tai and what's his face appear again. This time they actually talk and kick rear end a lot! There's also the reveal of the major villains of the series as well as the heavy implication that one of the side three hunters is secretly evil and working for them.

Oh, And Mimi from Adventure and Rika from Tamers appear towards the end. It looks like we're headed for a free for all across all of the Digimon series so far. Which will be awesome if they don't gently caress it up.

Edit: Wait! gently caress. I think I just figured it out. The blonde kid is actually the evil one. The other kid was a red herring.

Edit2: Also, It bugs the poo poo out of me that Rika's shirt still has the broken heart on it. Wouldn't you want to get your protagonists AFTER their character development is complete?

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 10, 2012

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Wakfu season 2 just ended and it's unsure if or when the next season will happen.
So now both seasons are available subtitled online, and since it's probably, like, never going to come here, I'd say that watching them's alright.

I want basically to endorse it here.

So, basically if you ever wondered what would happen if Anime was made in France instead of Japan, Wakfu answers that. It would basically own.

It isn't a perfect series. It's very, VERY silly at times. Too few episodes are spent furthering the main plot.

My endorsement, though, is that I have had A LOT of fun watching every episode and that's not something I can say for everything. The fights are fast paced, the characters are appealing (Especially the main character, he may be a kid but he's charismatic as hell and never irritating, that's like some kind of miracle). Also both season 1 and season 2 endings involve sympathetic villains and emotional gut punches.

I usually hate anime, I liked this, if you're really bored waiting for a well-written well-animated fantasy adventure show (:smith: korra :smith:) you could do far worse than watching it.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Wakfu season 2 just ended and it's unsure if or when the next season will happen.
So now both seasons are available subtitled online, and since it's probably, like, never going to come here, I'd say that watching them's alright.

So, basically if you ever wondered what would happen if Anime was made in France instead of Japan, Wakfu answers that. It would basically own.

It isn't a perfect series. It's very, VERY silly at times. Too few episodes are spent furthering the main plot.

My endorsement, though, is that I have had A LOT of fun watching every episode and that's not something I can say for everything. The fights are fast paced, the characters are appealing (Especially the main character, he may be a kid but he's charismatic as hell and never irritating, that's like some kind of miracle). Also both season 1 and season 2 endings involve sympathetic villains and emotional gut punches.

I usually hate anime, I liked this, if you're really bored waiting for a well-written well-animated fantasy adventure show (:smith: korra :smith:) you could do far worse than watching it.

Looks interesting, though the animation feels like watching a cut scene from a video game.

I'm finding clips on Youtube but not full episodes. Can you tell me where I can find them or is that a violation of the rules? I'd rather not just download things from random websites if I don't have too.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

Zeke and Luther, I'm In the Band, et al are basically Disney Channel shows with the gender targeting turned to "boy" instead of "girl." Don't give XD too much credit.

Disney XD was created to appeal to the 8-to-14 year old boy demographic, so it's not like Disney isn't aware that Disney Channel offerings aren't for them. Perhaps they should try mixing it up a little on the main channel?

SoI read this post a while back and was like "yeah that makes sense, I suppose"

and then while watching Phineas and Ferb, I see that Wizards of Waverly Place is moving to XD. And the difference in marketing is staggering.
On Disney: "Hey look at this wacky comedy and this attractive tween male lead and all the romance and!"
Now on XD: "WIZARDS! FIGHTING EVIL! MAGIC FIGHTS! FIGHTING FIGHT FIGHTY FIGHT! ACTION!"

It's crazy!

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
The Aquabats! Super Show! (there are two exclamation points) is pretty good for what it is. It reminds me of '60s Batman with the campiness and self-awareness cranked up even more (if that's even possible). I agree with Variety's assessment that it feels like a family-friendly Adult Swim program (again, if that's even possible). It's not surprising that Matt Chapman is involved, since it seems a lot like a fake kids show out of the Homestar Runner universe or something.

Zeether posted:

Face was the best Nick Jr. mascot. I wish they'd bring him back for 90's Are All That or something.

Face did appear during The '90s Are All That New Year's celebration. He served as the countdown clock, basically being an rear end in a top hat, telling Stick Stickly to go grow a pair and then drinking all of his champagne.

Sockser posted:

SoI read this post a while back and was like "yeah that makes sense, I suppose"

and then while watching Phineas and Ferb, I see that Wizards of Waverly Place is moving to XD. And the difference in marketing is staggering.
On Disney: "Hey look at this wacky comedy and this attractive tween male lead and all the romance and!"
Now on XD: "WIZARDS! FIGHTING EVIL! MAGIC FIGHTS! FIGHTING FIGHT FIGHTY FIGHT! ACTION!"

It's crazy!

The Wizards of Waverly Place promos did get pretty dramatic on Disney Channel, especially towards the end of the series when there were these bizarre arcs being promoted like Wizards vs. Werewolves, Wizards vs. Angels, Wizards vs. Meteors, etc. Heck, I'm pretty sure they literally had a story arc promotion called "Wizards vs. Everything."

Diabolik900 posted:

I just found out earlier today that every episode of Beakman's World is now on Netflix Watch Instantly. This was some of the greatest news I ever heard because a) this was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and b) they answered a question of mine once, and even after 15 years, syndicated re-runs, and the power of the internet, I never managed to see it until now. Beakman even made a stupid rhyme out of my last name!

I've actually been watching a bunch of Beakman's World on Netflix recently, and I'm amazed that it's still entertaining even 20 years later. I think it's a combination of the fact that the science is interesting and that there's a lot of corny puns and bizarre jokes involving obscure celebrities that I definitely wouldn't have got as a kid. It's almost like Muppet jokes combined with Animaniacs jokes. ("What is electricity?" "The feeling that rushes over the room when Englebert Humperdinck first hits the stage?" "For this experiment, you're going to need a chainsaw, a bowling ball, a mackintosh apple, a picture of Raymond Burr in short pants sitting on wrought-iron furniture...") Plus, the interaction between Beakman and Lester is pretty funny, especially in the earliest episodes where they really play up the fact that Lester is a washed-up actor in a rat suit who couldn't get any better parts and really doesn't want to be there.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I personally sound Noxx to be the all around better villain both scale and character.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mobo85 posted:

Face did appear during The '90s Are All That New Year's celebration. He served as the countdown clock, basically being an rear end in a top hat, telling Stick Stickly to go grow a pair and then drinking all of his champagne.

I had to look this up. Face really does straight up say "Grow a pair" :psyduck:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

mobo85 posted:

I've actually been watching a bunch of Beakman's World on Netflix recently, and I'm amazed that it's still entertaining even 20 years later. I think it's a combination of the fact that the science is interesting and that there's a lot of corny puns and bizarre jokes involving obscure celebrities that I definitely wouldn't have got as a kid. It's almost like Muppet jokes combined with Animaniacs jokes. ("What is electricity?" "The feeling that rushes over the room when Englebert Humperdinck first hits the stage?" "For this experiment, you're going to need a chainsaw, a bowling ball, a mackintosh apple, a picture of Raymond Burr in short pants sitting on wrought-iron furniture...") Plus, the interaction between Beakman and Lester is pretty funny, especially in the earliest episodes where they really play up the fact that Lester is a washed-up actor in a rat suit who couldn't get any better parts and really doesn't want to be there.

Call me when I can relive a childhood's worth of Bill Nye on Netflix.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

Call me when I can relive a childhood's worth of Bill Nye on Netflix.

Amazon has the complete series for $100.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

mobo85 posted:

The Wizards of Waverly Place promos did get pretty dramatic on Disney Channel, especially towards the end of the series when there were these bizarre arcs being promoted like Wizards vs. Werewolves, Wizards vs. Angels, Wizards vs. Meteors, etc. Heck, I'm pretty sure they literally had a story arc promotion called "Wizards vs. Everything."

No, that's entirely true, but the promos were still like "ALEX (I think that's his name?) IS DATING A VAMPIRE (or a werewolf? I dont know) AND THE FAMILIES ARE GETTING IN FIGHTS. WHAT A WACKY ROMANCE, RIGHT?"

vs

"ALEX IS DATING A VAMPIRE. TUNE IN FOR VAMPIRE FIGHTING"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Disney Dramadies are a tragic waste of whatever those shows are shot on and America's Precious Time.

And I'm not just saying that because Inazuma Eleven got poo poo-canned for that stupid "Two doods are Inan gods or whatever" one ether.

Though it is a contributing factor.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

I had to look this up. Face really does straight up say "Grow a pair" :psyduck:

Hey man, the years haven't been nice to Face. It's hard to find work when you literally fill the whole screen, and he never had many fans to begin with (at least, not from me. Stay home sick from school and what do I get to watch? Fuckin' Blue's Clues, gently caress you Face).

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Yonic Symbolism posted:

That was a very disappointing episode due to Yugo getting extremely annoying when he gets self-righteous. I liked the non-Yugo/Qilby parts quite a bit though. As a villain Quilby was poorly handled, particularly giving him an unnecessary, ugly battle mode. I found that they did way to much to hint at Nox having a sad backstory (towards the end it came up nearly every episode) but they over-corrected with Qilby, painting him in an almost devlish manner.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The Aquabats Super Show is awesome. I exploded in glee when I saw Derrick and Shawn from Mega64 make an appearance in episode 2 during the fake ad.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

TwoPair posted:

Hey man, the years haven't been nice to Face. It's hard to find work when you literally fill the whole screen, and he never had many fans to begin with (at least, not from me. Stay home sick from school and what do I get to watch? Fuckin' Blue's Clues, gently caress you Face).

Hey, in my day Nick Jr. didn't have a host, and sick day mornings were wasted on crap like Pinwheel and Eureeka's Castle, so count your blessings.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

raditts posted:

Hey, in my day Nick Jr. didn't have a host, and sick day mornings were wasted on crap like Pinwheel and Eureeka's Castle, so count your blessings.

Hey man, even when Face was hosting it, a snow day meant I had to watch Little Bear all morning.

loving proper-rear end bear. Get out of my TV you cock.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Hey Eureka's Castle was pretty good. Though I admit I was in its target demographic at the time. At least it had some semblance of plot compared to the things that went after it. Or at least I think it did.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Eureka's Castle was the poo poo, but I also think I was in the target demographic at the time. Now Allegra's Window, on the other hand, that was horrible and started the fall where Nick Jr. shows became for braindead kids.

Though I think Blue's Clues started after that, and I watched that for years. Up until Steve went to college. Now it's some puppet show and Blue talks, which sucks.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Speaking of Nick jr, does anyone else remember Noggin? Ghostwriter owns bones, and is so 90's I coughed up a POG during a commercial break once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

FewtureMD posted:

Speaking of Nick jr, does anyone else remember Noggin? Ghostwriter owns bones, and is so 90's I coughed up a POG during a commercial break once.

You might consider not swallowing POGs anytime soon.

I never got into Ghostwriter that much, though I appreciated it for what it was. A little too old for it when it came out, I guess.