Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Category Fun! posted:

So I'm single again? :shepface:

Well, yes and no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Dan Didio posted:

Well, yes

I stopped reading here

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Category Fun! posted:

I stopped reading here

Then I think you'll be fine to keep going.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
ME2 DLC: Is Arrival on par with Shadow Broker? Or would Overlord be better? I have points lying around.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Schubalts posted:

ME2 DLC: Is Arrival on par with Shadow Broker? Or would Overlord be better? I have points lying around.

Arrival is easily the worst of the mission pack DLC's. Go Overlord.

EDIT: Overlord isn't particularly mind-blowing, either, but it's much better than Arrival.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

MadRhetoric posted:

Content: What sniper rifle do people who've run through the game think is the best? I've got my eye on the Black Widow, but it's mad expensive. I'm running a gimmicky Adept built for Zero-G sniping.

Javelin.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

WAR FOOT posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT9RfEXptm4

Yeah, hitting that interrupt has like 0 impact on the outcome. It is almost identical in every way to if you don't hit it.

Freedom of choice!

:shepface:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Arrival is pretty much Bad Storytelling 101; just read its wiki article or watch the cutscenes on Youtube to understand how it connects ME2 to ME3.

Overlord is decent, and getting to play with the Hammerhead a bit more pushes it up to good if you enjoy that (I did). Plus it has payback in ME3.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Anyone else die like 10 times to the Marauder at the end I must suck at aiming.

I did, too. gently caress Interface Screw, forever.

dmccaff
Nov 8, 2010
How do I equip heavy weapons? I've picked a bunch up on my travels but I see no way to equip them. I'm a sentinel if that helps.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

dmccaff posted:

How do I equip heavy weapons? I've picked a bunch up on my travels but I see no way to equip them. I'm a sentinel if that helps.
You cant take them with you. They are only usable in the area you found them.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

dmccaff posted:

Heavy weapons are "disposable" in this game. You pick them up, use them, then once you run out of ammo or switch to another weapon you drop them to the ground (if the latter, you can pick them up again).

Though if you're me, you will only find them after you've defeated whatever boss they were supposed to help you with anyway :doh:

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

NihilCredo posted:

Heavy weapons are "disposable" in this game. You pick them up, use them, then once you run out of ammo or switch to another weapon you drop them to the ground (if the latter, you can pick them up again).

Though if you're me, you will only find them after you've defeated whatever boss they were supposed to help you with anyway :doh:

My Vanguard uses them to overkill the fodder enemies who aren't worth face-slamming into.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

VarXX posted:

Punching his sword and saying "That's for Thane you son of a bitch" was so satisfying.

Thane :smith:

He should just have shot him.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Gotta give the game credit for the most chilling handwave for heavy weapons in the middle of a level (Krogan scout mission spoiler):
The commander told them to carry in weapons...for the next team

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Anyone who is not playing this game without a proper audio system is really missing out because the audio is really good. It's an awesome feeling when a reaper shoots his laser beam and the entire room rumbles.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Depths posted:

Anyone who is not playing this game without a proper audio system is really missing out because the audio is really good. It's an awesome feeling when a reaper shoots his laser beam and the entire room rumbles.

There's layers to the sounds of weapon fire that you can't even pick out unless you crank your sound all the way up.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Why is the poker table never used, why? Bioware?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It's used once, at least with Kaidan. You can come in to the lounge one time to see him losing all his chips to James. But no, Shepard doesn't actually use it to my knowledge.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I can't remember if I missed this, but is there any point to the War Map?

I played through, grabbing schematics and artifacts -- and eavesdropping because the Prime Example of Humanity and Hero of All Sentient Life is also the creepiest fucker in the Citadel -- because I thought I'd be buffing the units and for when it's time to take the fight to the Reapers. So for my entire game, the Readiness Level for all sectors was 50% and then zeroed out for the final mission. I also didn't have any Salarian support outside of an STG team and Kirrahe, but Joker still mentioned the Salarian fleet was reporting for the final battle. I guess more of Hammer would get through, but what kind of a outcome is that?

As for the ending I thought it was mentioned (In the Codex, maybe also Arrival in ME2) that destroying a Mass Relay basically irradiated the system, killing all life and rendering any planet a wasteland. Doesn't that mean Shepard basically genocided trillions, including Earth?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The war map is a multiplayer thing

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

As for the ending I thought it was mentioned (In the Codex, maybe also Arrival in ME2) that destroying a Mass Relay basically irradiated the system, killing all life and rendering any planet a wasteland. Doesn't that mean Shepard basically genocided trillions, including Earth?
Destroying the relay by slamming a giant asteroid into it caused that supernova, yes. I think it's entirely reasonable that the Crucible's light show avoided that problem.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Does anyone know if damage reduction you get from Tech Armor would stack with the damage reduction you get from Reave or is it multiplicative? Like, you can spec Tech Armor up to 40% reduction, and Reave also reduces incoming damage while it's active. I am assuming Reave is what you get from Kaiden, because it would be pretty badass to run around as a Sentinel with tons of damage reduction spamming Reave and meleeing the poo poo out of everything :black101:

halwain
May 31, 2011
about the ending.. so after i choose the merge ending i see the normandy flying away and then crashing on an island planet, ashley then leaves the normandy with EDI and joker but how the hell did they get back onto the normandy when they were fighting as part of the hammer??? .

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

halwain posted:

about the ending.. so after i choose the merge ending i see the normandy flying away and then crashing on an island planet, ashley then leaves the normandy with EDI and joker but how the hell did they get back onto the normandy when they were fighting as part of the hammer??? .

Just one of many things that has no explanation.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Do you get enough money in the game to buy everything? I've spent a lot on 2 special armors and am now considering that i might have wasted that cash.

Also, can I respec Shep? I put a lot of points into Adrenaline because the expand button was there and I thought that it was a "main" character power. Then I realised the expand thing was available for all abilities and that I rarely, if ever, use adrenaline so want to stick all of those points elsewhere.

I'm also regretting not having my save from ME2 kicking about. I keep on getting into conversations about all the ME2 DLC I played but (in this universe) I had no apparent part in.

freeforumuser
Aug 11, 2007

Kin posted:

Do you get enough money in the game to buy everything? I've spent a lot on 2 special armors and am now considering that i might have wasted that cash.

Also, can i respec Shep? I put a lot of points into Adrenaline because the expand button was there an i thought that it was a "main" character power. Then I realised the expand thing was available for all abilities and that I rarely, if ever, use adrenaline so want to stick all of those points elsewhere.

Nope. There are 3 Spectre weapons and each is 250K alone.

One of the machines in medbay is your friend.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Ah poo poo, I want to have all of those Armors :(

If you're gonna fill the game with a lot of expensive stuff, at least put in a way of generating cash to buy it all (even if it is a monotonous process).

Guess i'll play through the game as is, then hit a second playthrough with a trainer or something to give me infinite cash.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kin posted:

I'm also regretting not having my save from ME2 kicking about. I keep on getting into conversations about all the ME2 DLC I played but (in this universe) I had no apparent part in.

There should be a Renegade Interrupt where Shepard pistol-whips the person babbling about the DLC until they remember no, they didn't in fact hire a dozen dumbshit useless mercs to raid the Shadow Broker.

And then that opens up further dialogue with Dr. Chakwas about why Liara "fell down the stairs".

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

A Humble Emperor posted:

Kai Leng is goddamn terrible. During the fight on Thessia he didn't even pop my shields once and was constantly hiding to recharge his own. Then suddenly a cutscene starts and he beats my entire squad single handedly and makes off with the Prothean VI? What the gently caress? And again when you're at Tim's base, you beat him and knock him on the floor and everyone just loving turns around like oh no, he couldn't possibly come back to life and try to stab Shepard!

The only thing worse than the ending is Kai Leng.
Yeah, Kai Leng is pretty much the worst thing that Bioware have put in a game. And I played Dragon Age 2.

I really liked that his first boss fight was really trivial (at least as an engineer), but then he gets magic cutscene powers after you beat him and he just destroys you in said cutscene. Good job Bioware!

Yeah I read books. posted:

Why do the video cutscenes look worse than the actual in-game graphics? Seriously, they look like they'd be at home in the original Starcraft...
Yeah, the resolution and encoding of the cutscenes is pretty drat bad.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I liked Leng's fights. Felt different. And come on, when has there ever been a great boss fight where they were anywhere as good as when they are in a cutscene?

New Topic: What did you think about the soundtrack compared to the first two games. I really liked it, more than the others even (and the suicide mission was my jam for a long time).

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Has Bioware said anything about a patch? I just want a FOV fix, holstering and controller support.

I like the ME2 soundtrack the most I think.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

I liked Leng's fights. Felt different. And come on, when has there ever been a great boss fight where they were anywhere as good as when they are in a cutscene?

New Topic: What did you think about the soundtrack compared to the first two games. I really liked it, more than the others even (and the suicide mission was my jam for a long time).
The Spectre Vanguard in Shadow Broker was pretty drat boss.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Kainser posted:

Yeah, the resolution and encoding of the cutscenes is pretty drat bad.
They're the usual Bink video files. I don't know why that format is still the industry standard for videogames, it looks like absolute artifact-ridden poo poo even when given a good resolution (and this time it wasn't). I think that it has better performance, but was it so hard to re-encode into H.264 or something for the PC version?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

The Spectre Vanguard in Shadow Broker was pretty drat boss.

I will never deny the greatness of that fight.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
I want to know where the Normandy was going, much in the way I wanted to know why the Normandy dropped off the anti-Grunt dudes during his loyalty mission in ME2 :shepface:.

I mean, I know the answer will revolve around stuff getting cut and the remainder getting pasted together/repurposed but goddamn.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Marx posted:

I want to know where the Normandy was going, much in the way I wanted to know why the Normandy dropped off the anti-Grunt dudes during his loyalty mission in ME2 :shepface:.
What are you talking about? You, like Uvenk, got there with the krogan vehicles, the tuktaks or whatever they were called.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

CaptainCarrot posted:

What are you talking about? You, like Uvenk, got there with the krogan vehicles, the tuktaks or whatever they were called.

But when Warf shows up it's after an in-atmosphere flyby of the Normandy which wasn't even supposed to be able to happen because the Normandy couldn't go in atmosphere because of its increased size and stuff which is why you have the ugly dropship.

WE HAVE COMPANY!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Marx posted:

But when Warf shows up it's after an in-atmosphere flyby of the Normandy which wasn't even supposed to be able to happen because the Normandy couldn't go in atmosphere because of its increased size and stuff which is why you have the ugly dropship.

WE HAVE COMPANY!

Whoa, what the gently caress, you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Spikeguy posted:

I thought the Kai Leng fights were a lot of fun, especially the one on Thessia.

I beat the game last night with an EMS of 4100, and did each of the endings.

WHAT THE gently caress. What awful endings.

What the.... GOD DAMMIT.

:(

• Locked thread