Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
OK. On day 4 and stuck on Megrez or whatever his name is. Does Megrez change elements depending on what team you go on? If there's one with electrical weakness, then I need to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Dogbutt posted:

OK. On day 4 and stuck on Megrez or whatever his name is. Does Megrez change elements depending on what team you go on? If there's one with electrical weakness, then I need to know.

I made a physical MC, so most of the bosses were a pain for me, too. If you go with Fumi's team, she should be able to kill it very quickly with Ice Dance and Ice Boost thanks to her ridiculously high magic stat. Try to fuse a demon with Ice Dance and high magic, then copy it via the Compendium several times so you can summon him back if those on the field die. Movement skills like True Phantasm, Devil Speed, and Switch are extremely useful, too.

Also, I don't know if it depends on whether or not Jungo died, but when I chose Fumi's team, I got a surprise ally whose team was somewhat well optimized for killing Megrez.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heavy neutrino posted:

Also, I don't know if it depends on whether or not Jungo died, but when I chose Fumi's team, I got a surprise ally whose team was somewhat well optimized for killing Megrez.

Huh. Yeah, that is death-dependent. Who did you get?

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Ronaldo randomly showed up to help me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Be sure to have a wilder and kishin demon in tow for that boss, makes things so much easier.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Don't know what to think of cover art. On one hand there's a lot of poo poo in it and it sort of doesn't really click together very well, but Izanagi and Chie look amazing enough for me to justify it.

Chie's pose is amazingly unnatural. Guess they're trying to make her appear more feminine by doing the horrible Liefeld-esque "hips forward, slinky spine" thing.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Forget Chie, Kanji's face is the real problem here. I mean, if it weren't for his clothes, I don't think you could recognize him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Justice posted:

Chie's pose is amazingly unnatural. Guess they're trying to make her appear more feminine by doing the horrible Liefeld-esque "hips forward, slinky spine" thing.

She looks like she just slipped on a banana peel and is about to take a horrible tumble, but hasn't realized it yet.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Policenaut posted:

Persona 4 The Golden has awesome box art.

Click here to see some art for the Limited Edition of the game. One picture has a giant question mark to keep you from seeing an "unannounced feature" of The Golden.

Wait wait wait. Is Marie the driver of the Velvet Limo?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
She's been seen sitting left off Igor in the velvet room so unless she's driving while she's sitting in the backseat..

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I'm just seeing things that aren't there.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ImpAtom posted:

She looks like she just slipped on a banana peel and is about to take a horrible tumble, but hasn't realized it yet.
Whenever I see box art, I just assume everyone is floating through zero gravity and it all makes sense again.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Persona 4: The Golden Time Inside The TV World

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well, Devil Survivor 2 is certainly better than its original in one way: it actually has music playing for the battles instead of buzzing metal. I particularly like the map music for when Septentriones are on the field.

I've already screwed up and had what I believe is my first party member perma-death, though. Nuts. Well, one more thing to not screw up on a replay...

Is it just me, or does this game showcase way more civilian death scenes, too?

There's more still shots of the environment, too, even little cutscenes. I like that. It helps flesh out the action a bit better.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Whoa. Day 6's Stake battle had my MC shooting up something like 4 levels and now I'm completely swamped with fusion choices.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Does anyone know the name of the title track played during the press start screen in DDS 2?

Reive
May 21, 2009

I got a DS copy of Devil Survivor from a friend recently and played enough to know weather I'd like it, should I continue with it or are the extras in Overclocked worth waiting until I can get some more cash?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Reive posted:

I got a DS copy of Devil Survivor from a friend recently and played enough to know weather I'd like it, should I continue with it or are the extras in Overclocked worth waiting until I can get some more cash?

The extras are okay but not worth spending $40 or whatever you'd have to spend on Overclocked.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Speedball posted:

Is it just me, or does this game showcase way more civilian death scenes, too?

Nah, the way I see it, it's pretty even if you count them as incidents instead of individual deaths. The body count is higher in DS2, though, and I don't think more than a handful of civilian deaths are single kills; usually it's like four or five people in a scene.

The deaths in DS2 also happen a hell of a lot sooner than in DS1.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Man I really wish the remake of Persona 4 wasn't a Vita only game. P4 is seriously the only JRPG I give a poo poo about.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't remember a huge amount of civilian deaths in DS1.

Off the top of my head there are:

Kid who gets eaten off screen by a demon right at the beginning.

Protesters shot when they rushed the SDF line.

People killed by corrupt cops.

Talk of random people dying due to society breaking down late in the story.

DDS2 starts straight up with the mega disaster/quake with tons of people being killed then goes from there.

I may be missing something though.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 12, 2012

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There's a lot more implied death in DS1. In DS2, for example, most demon tamers who are killed by anyone but you just have their phones broken and they run away. In DS1, it's pretty much said that anyone who isn't you is killing the other side. (Including a lot more game overs for NPCs killing NPCs.)

There's more onscreen death in DS2 but a lot fewer implied deaths. A lot of that is because the JPs are basically superheroes instead of random people suddenly given demon powers.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Leaving aside the fact about ExDeath eating most of the world, of course.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

There's a lot more implied death in DS1. In DS2, for example, most demon tamers who are killed by anyone but you just have their phones broken and they run away. In DS1, it's pretty much said that anyone who isn't you is killing the other side. (Including a lot more game overs for NPCs killing NPCs.)

There's more onscreen death in DS2 but a lot fewer implied deaths. A lot of that is because the JPs are basically superheroes instead of random people suddenly given demon powers.

I haven't gotten to the very end but in DS2 so maybe it all resets due to the plot but aren't cities being literally wiped off the map? Even the JP leader is like "it doesn't matter if we let that big rear end angel thing fall on that town since almost everyone there is already dead anyway."

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Justice posted:

You're more likely right but I choose to believe that it's a JoJo homage

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Chie kinda looks like she's being thrown forward from an explosion but is totally hands-in-pockets cool with it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Radish posted:

I haven't gotten to the very end but in DS2 so maybe it all resets due to the plot but aren't cities being literally wiped off the map? Even the JP leader is like "it doesn't matter if we let that big rear end angel thing fall on that town since almost everyone there is already dead anyway."

Yeah, it's an apocolypse scenario. It sort of comes down to people vs statistics. The smaller setting means in general the violence implied is more personal than "everything everywhere is dead." DS1 is a lot more focused on the breakdown of society while DS2 is a lot wider and less personal despite the Death Video thing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah that's true. I got more of a feeling of the victims mattering in DS1 since it wasn't such huge numbers with the exception of Io's parents and the cat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Radish posted:

Yeah that's true. I got more of a feeling of the victims mattering in DS1 since it wasn't such huge numbers with the exception of Io's parents and the cat.

Oh god. The cat died for you? I didn't even know that was possible. :smith:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Oh god. The cat died for you? I didn't even know that was possible. :smith:

No he didn't but the cat was more of visual a "poo poo, things are being eaten by demons" than just hearing about cities being gone. If there's a way for Jungo the cat to die I will be seriously bummed :("

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSP trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuu1i1Bl2eY&hd=1

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

That definitely looks like it's gonna own. Really like the new version of the intro theme.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Whoops.

DS2:
Ended up on the Anguished One's path. Not bothering to increase my Fate with Hinako or Jungo made the Io/Daichi battle kinda problematic. But we're over that hump and I'm back to full strength!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Policenaut posted:

The lack of Ulala in that is a bummer. Otherwise as long as they clean up the load times it'll be great.

If Atlus truly loved us they'd include "Maya Mode" where it turns on all her dialog so she isn't a silent protagonist.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Looks like Jack Frost joins the Nendoroid line:

http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/3489/Nendoroid+Jack+Frost.html

I think I'll pick one up.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!
In DS2, is there any rhyme or reason to when you get what add-ons? I don't think I've gotten the same one twice and when I get new ones seems random.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pureauthor posted:

Whoops.

DS2:
Ended up on the Anguished One's path. Not bothering to increase my Fate with Hinako or Jungo made the Io/Daichi battle kinda problematic. But we're over that hump and I'm back to full strength!

Really? I thought the battle before that one was harder; and no amount of Fate-tweaking will help with that.

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

In DS2, is there any rhyme or reason to when you get what add-ons? I don't think I've gotten the same one twice and when I get new ones seems random.

I... have yet to see any rhyme or reason to it, myself. The game talks as if it's a replacement to the Magnetite skill-teaching in DS1, but I've yet to see any difference between steamrollering the enemies and barely scraping by.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Whoops.

DS2:

Yeah, I let Jungo die because I'm hella dumb and the way to save him isn't immediately obvious and Hinako's fate was low, so I had a bit of a hard time with the second fight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Really? I thought the battle before that one was harder; and no amount of Fate-tweaking will help with that.

I... have yet to see any rhyme or reason to it, myself. The game talks as if it's a replacement to the Magnetite skill-teaching in DS1, but I've yet to see any difference between steamrollering the enemies and barely scraping by.

It's the same as Magnetite. It's slow but you will get them a lot faster with group kills compared to solo kills. You'll always get the Add-ons in the same order tho'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ImpAtom posted:

It's the same as Magnetite. It's slow but you will get them a lot faster with group kills compared to solo kills. You'll always get the Add-ons in the same order tho'.

Do they reset with each NG+? I can see reasons why either approach would be a good thing or a bad thing.