Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Abandon posted:

there are 152 snipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
spergking dr. who fans only have 125 and it's been around for 50 years

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
justification complex

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
ponyphiles probably spend more time trying to justify their fetish than partaking in it

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

low quality jpeg posted:

um wow bronies are spergier than i thought

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic

Wagner has pledged to make a donation of £1.00 GBP to the Wikimedia Foundation when this page is improved to featured article status.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

yeah even buffy and xfiles don't break 130 refs.

how do I know this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_following

quote:

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is a flash-based animated cartoon for young girls and their parents, that has gained one of the larger cult followings[dubious – discuss][citation needed] and became a prime example when it came to using the Internet, in late 2010, early 2011. It was created by: Lauren Faust who also worked with The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, as originally made to be an attempt to revive the Hasbro franchise. Despite the target demographic being young girls, It has gained a huge cult following on the internet by older viewers, predominately male teenagers and adults, who call themselves "bronies". Reasons for this unintended appreciation include Faust's creative contribution to the writing and characterization, the expressive Flash-based animation style, themes that older audiences can appreciate, and a reciprocal relationship between Hasbro, the creators, and the fans. This happened after a thread was posted on website 4Chan, causing many animation fans to be interested into the show, and after the first episode aired, it has been faved by many.[citation needed] 90% of the show's viewing audience are watched more by the "bronies", rather then the main target which are young girls, making this show, the most watched-program on The Hub channel.[citation needed]

literally the entire paragraph has nohing.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
i feel bad for anyone seriously interested in animation as art and is forced to become associated with manchildren

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

low quality jpeg posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:My_little_pony_fim_cosplay_anime_expo_2011.jpg

:barf:

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Abandon posted:

there are 138 references.

nuclear fission, one of the most important scientific accomplishments of the 20th century, has 25

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
abortion has 135 references

yes, one of the most controversial topics in the great US of A, has 135 references

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

harry potter has 167

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

cafffiene: 136
minecraft: 85
MDMA: 169

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Furry fandom
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Yiff)

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Coffee Quack posted:

Wagner has pledged to make a donation of £1.00 GBP to the Wikimedia Foundation when this page is improved to featured article status.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
marijuana has 126

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

sonic boom: 6
sonic the hedgehog: 160

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/My_little_pony:_friendship_is_magic_friendship_reports

wtf is this

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sweevo posted:

sonic boom: 6
sonic the hedgehog: 160

whats there to cite about a sonic boom, why does it even need 6 citations?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

whoever took that shot has like $6000 worth of camera gear

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

low quality jpeg posted:

Shouldn't the section on the internet following talk about some of the fan-fiction created by the brony community, since some of it is of a very high standard? If you look at List of longest novels, some are even longer than War and Peace, so they probably deserve at least being mentioned in this article.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

low quality jpeg posted:

Could this image make a perfect example of FIM's fan canon, or, "fanon"? It is a fan comic about Discord trying to vanish "Derpy Hooves" using her favourite muffin (a result of what I would call a misinterpretation of a scene in "Applebuck Season"), in front of "Doctor Whooves" and Derpy's "daughter", "Dinky". If this image can't make it, what would make another appropriate example?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Augmented Dickey posted:

i'm going to reveal my spergitude here but it's more like $4300
body and lens are just over $2k each

your implied point is still completely valid of course :tipshat:

oh i just thought of something: not seen in this shot... his flash

bringing the total to.. about $6k

carry on

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Augmented Dickey posted:

$6000 to take pictures of bad dumb looking women

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Cameraspergs are the worst because they decrease inventory that should go to professionals. My sister does pro photo and is actually paid for it and got sniped on some lens from b&h that was only one in stock and she was so mad that a google search about it revealed that the buyer was some fat idiot using it for blizzcon pics

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm not one of those thank the returning lord jesus

i like photography and i inherited by father's nikon, rest his soul. he was a pro photog

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

got dat wmd posted:

Cameraspergs are the worst because they decrease inventory that should go to professionals. My sister does pro photo and is actually paid for it and got sniped on some lens from b&h that was only one in stock and she was so mad that a google search about it revealed that the buyer was some fat idiot using it for blizzcon pics

did she find her birth control yet

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
what

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

got dat wmd posted:

sorry your sister was outsmarted by a fat idiot

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

got dat wmd posted:

tell her to get a real job

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

got dat wmd posted:

lol this post if funny, but not in the way you meant it to be

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Amethyst posted:

lol this post if funny, but not in the way you meant it to be

thats his (unintentional) gimmick :mmmhmm:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

got dat wmd posted:

what

didn't your dog eat all her baby pills or something

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
oh no over christmas at our parents house she found a birth control pill on the floor and asked my sister about it, it turned out to belong to my cousin's girlfriend and the dogs almost ate it

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

got dat wmd posted:

oh no over christmas at our parents house she found a birth control pill on the floor and asked my sister about it, it turned out to belong to my cousin's girlfriend and the dogs almost ate it

what would that even do a whole lot of nothing right?

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
gently caress if i know, it's also an anticoagulant right? wouldnt it cause doggy heart attacks or something

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sniep posted:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Sniep posted:

well yeah to a heteronormative cisgendered dog it would be fine you loving gender racist

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

thanks, cidrick's wife just fired me from the dog breast implant factory

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

got dat wmd posted:

i was thinking about selling some old film gear to b&h a few years back and submitted the online quote form. A few hours later some old guy started calling my phone and left like 8 voicemails in a row like a crazy stalker motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this isn't wikipedia but jfc

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/03/the-internet-anthropologists-field-guide-to-rage-faces.ars