Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And the self-hatred just don't stop :allears: I wonder if he'll stick to the red text from now on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
Hey guys, are you ready for FEELINGS? I don't think you are.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

And the future/past Karkat pesterlogs are back! :allears:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
My favourite thing about this is the way he switches to red and then, having gone back to berate himself, eventually switches back to gray a few lines before he switched to red in the first place. It's terrible and stupid in all the best ways.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Karkat's conversations with himself are the most beautiful of all trainwrecks. Truly the best troll.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Throwing a guess out: the Future Karkat is the God Tier dead one in the bubbles.

VVV Okay Nevermind :smith:

Pastrymancy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 12, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Tollymain posted:

And the self-hatred just don't stop :allears: I wonder if he'll stick to the red text from now on?

We know he doesn't because we both saw him start and stop.

He's going to talk to his future self for ten minutes, until he turns into future Karkat, at which point, a "past" Karkat will join the conversation.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Bobulus posted:

He's going to talk to his future self for ten minutes, until he turns into future Karkat.

Basically, and it will be loving amazing for the entirety of it. Karkat arguing with himself is and should be one of the draws of the comic.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Hooray! More Karkat!

Hyedum posted:

Hey guys, are you ready for FEELINGS? I don't think you are.

Boo! More Clunky Teenaged Romance poo poo!

(seriously this is starting to get really annoying really fast)

EDIT: Watch as Past Karkat works himself up into doing Stupid Teenaged Romance Act With Some Human Or Troll and then gets shot down before turning into Future Karkat.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 12, 2012

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Bobulus posted:

He's going to talk to his future self for ten minutes, until he turns into future Karkat, at which point, a "past" Karkat will join the conversation.
The memos don't work like that. He is talking to future Karkat, and will talk to him for ten minutes. The conversation will end. Then, he will become future Karkat (relatively speaking, still Present Karkat: the other Karkat would just be Past Karkat now) and immediately join the very same pesterlog he just participated in for 10 minutes but from the other side from the very start of the log.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Boo! More Clunky Teenaged Romance poo poo!

(seriously this is starting to get really annoying really fast)

I can't wait to see Karkat's new shipping chart. :allears:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm glad I reread the archive the other week, because now I finally get the joke that is Karkat arguing with himself and I can just sit back and enjoy this train wreck.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

This is meta as gently caress. He's talking to himself in the near future, who changed his chat color in response to himself having changed his chat color in the future, prompting his future-self to change back to grey, all during one time-loop conversation with himself :psyduck:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Indecisive posted:

This is meta as gently caress. He's talking to himself in the near future, who changed his chat color in response to himself having changed his chat color in the future, prompting his future-self to change back to grey, all during one time-loop conversation with himself :psyduck:

I don't think this is meta, just a stable timeloop. A very, very short timeloop.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Also: Only one of the three years has passed so far. How loving long is this Act going to be!?!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Bobulus posted:

Also: Only one of the three years has passed so far. How loving long is this Act going to be!?!

Hussie's last projection was "almost as long as Act 5", so probably pretty long!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Hussie's last projection was "almost as long as Act 5", so probably pretty long!
Don't worry though, the kids will show up well before the end of the entire act.

I've been thinking that the kids would finally make it into the new session on April 13th. 4/13, exactly three years after their own session started.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

And since Hussie has never once had something come out at the exact length or shorter than he predicted it, get ready for three years.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

JT Jag posted:

Don't worry though, the kids will show up well before the end of the entire act.

I've been thinking that the kids would finally make it into the new session on April 13th. 4/13, exactly three years after their own session started.

I doubt this is going to happen partly because Hussie has all but said "gently caress dates, I really can't pace the story to them anymore and have it still run on the schedule I want."

Hell, Cascade only happened on 10/25 because by the time he finished the flash work, putting it up any earlier seemed like cheating himself out of significance.

(The other reason I doubt it's going to happen is I'm pretty sure we're going to get at least a Year 2 intermission as well, and I can't see the story pacing itself to bring the beta kids in that soon.)

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.

JT Jag posted:

This makes a lot of sense and I was thinking the same thing. That would likely mean that A2I2 will have to be a month long and cover the span of 2 years (1 for John/Jade and 1 for Dave/Rose/Trolls?), but that could feel a bit strange, because the intermission would end on 4/13 just as the gang enters the new session and we'd switch back over to the B2 kids.

Ah whatever. Karkat memos!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I still suspect that the kids will canonically arrive on 4/13. Maybe the intermission will end with a flash-forward or something so that we have them showing up on the actual date? I dunno.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm glad the intermission's going to cover bits and pieces of the intervening three years. I mean there's no way we could cover everything that happens, all of the development and thought and jokes and stuff that'd go on, but checking in every so often is a great way to see some of them and get a sense for things.

Been hoping that when they all meet up again the four main kids have a bunch of great nodding references to offscreen events. Like, John'll ask Dave about some apparent injoke and get a grim-faced "don't ask", or something.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I figured that whatever was wrong with the album was something minor and that it would be up shortly, but either something was seriously wrong or maybe it just wasn't meant to go live at that time in the first place?

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I figured that whatever was wrong with the album was something minor and that it would be up shortly, but either something was seriously wrong or maybe it just wasn't meant to go live at that time in the first place?

Radiation posted a summary of all of the stuff he has done and has to do for the album, and it looks like there's a fair amount still to do: http://fwugradiation.tumblr.com/post/19146139129. So maybe someone was just doing the preliminary setup on bandcamp, and accidentally made it public briefly?

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Nate RFB posted:

Looks like there's still a while to go.

It was probably a slipup or a Bandcamp hiccup of some sort. I'm assuming they have a skeleton of the album page set up, but there are still fine details to be worked on.

E: welp

KoB
May 1, 2009

JT Jag posted:

That doesnt work for the kids, since its technically still 11/11/11 for Jane and Jake and 5 months doesnt seem like enough time to apocalypse the world into Roxy/Dirk-land.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Is it me, or does Karkat seem, well, calmer now? I mean he's obviously still a big crab and all, but it seems like he's more willing to back off and/or let little things go now.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

Is it me, or does Karkat seem, well, calmer now? I mean he's obviously still a big crab and all, but it seems like he's more willing to back off and/or let little things go now.

It could just be environmental changes. 'About to die because a giant dog monster is hunting you' Karkat had a lot more to worry about than 'bored after a year on an asteroid' Karkat.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Let's just get back to Kanaya and I'll be happy. :colbert:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

FrictionlessEmu posted:

Radiation posted a summary of all of the stuff he has done and has to do for the album, and it looks like there's a fair amount still to do: http://fwugradiation.tumblr.com/post/19146139129. So maybe someone was just doing the preliminary setup on bandcamp, and accidentally made it public briefly?

Yeah, when I saw it, it had only 20 or so songs on it, and was pay what you want. Must have been an accidental slip. Anyway, I am very excited for this intermisson, and hope we get another update tonight.

And is it just me, or has Hussie been taking longer then normal to write pesterlogs?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Nate RFB posted:

This has happened before; if I recall correctly something kind of like this happened with Moebius Trip and Hadron Kaleido, except it was only one song, and it didn't work if you tried to play it.

Duskfiend
Apr 5, 2011

Awwwk! Awwwk!
I wonder what Hussie's Myers-Briggs type is.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
And the webcomic comes full circle again with the self hate :allears: I bet I would be the same way talking to myself 10 minutes from now.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I'm surprised "humans have the same blood color as me so who gives a gently caress, really" didn't come up in his musings at all.

... unless Gamzee already killed and ate Rose and Dave. :ohdear:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

President Ark posted:

I'm surprised "humans have the same blood color as me so who gives a gently caress, really" didn't come up in his musings at all.

Well, it's been a year.

I'm expecting we're about to get a Karkat-narrated flashback.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

President Ark posted:

I doubt being eaten by a Juggalo is heroic or just, so they'll be right back! :haw:

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

YggiDee posted:

I doubt being eaten by a Juggalo is heroic or just, so they'll be right back! :haw:

:aaa: Infinite food supply!
(unless somebody's hungry. Then it's a heroic death)

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 12, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

:aaa: Infinite food supply!

Self-sacrifice to prevent starvation is pretty heroic, though.

But the paradox is that it will only work - it will only be heroic, in other words - if it's not heroic.

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.
Question is if they resurrected from that would they kill the person that ate them all chestburster style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Robo Pope posted:

Question is if they resurrected from that would they kill the person that ate them all chestburster style?

I don't like this topic anymore :(

I'm actually warming up to LE as the villain since he re-appeared. He looks much more threatening and imposing now, especially with that kickass staff. But Ms. Paint... Hussie-bot :ohdear: