Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I just hit the maximum save limit. I mean, sure, it's an absurdly high number but... why does this exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

Bass Bottles posted:

Man, I would really love an alternate-ending DLC. But to be really cool, it would probably have to be bigger budget than normal DLC.

I'd honestly pay like $15 for a DLC that completely changes the ending. It would be easy to do, too, since after you beat the game, it defaults you right before the assault on cerberus.

Also, screw you people who complained about the leaked ending and made them change it. That would have been WAY better.

What was the leaked ending?

And why does God need a space ship? And why was Joker even making a jump at the end?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It was hard to take the final act seriously when your Shepard does this:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dan Didio posted:

Adepts were extrememly powerful in ME1 because of their sheer potential for damage. Soldiers were the opposite, extremely powerful because they simply couldn't be killed.

I think Barrier gives your Adept a similar level of survivabity. Adepts were incredibly broken in ME1.

What made me drop Adept in ME1 was on the planet were you get out of the mako on the planet were Liara is, there is some rocks. If you went past those rocks, Geth snipers would kill me in a second, even with barriers up. I couldn't hit then, because none of my abilities had the range to take them out, and because I was limited to a pistol, i couldn't shoot them.

Engineer sounds interesting though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Pistols were the best weapons in ME1 (unlimited quick shooting, perfect accuracy, high damage) though lol. But that might only be if you're using a Soldier.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

DerDestroyer posted:

I really would like to know how they plan to continue the franchise after this sort of ending.

There's always the possibility of expanded universe material taking place before the Reaper invasion.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

ChronoReverse posted:

Pistols were the best weapons in ME1 (unlimited quick shooting, perfect accuracy, high damage) though lol. But that might only be if you're using a Soldier.

Nope, they where sniper rifles in the first game.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

ChronoReverse posted:

After you unlocked Marksman, though, and most people didn't know to go straight for it, hence the issues at lower levels. I mean, most classes were semi-to-fully godly by level 30-40. It's the first 10-15 that tend to throw people, especially if they do Noveria first.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

isk posted:

After you unlocked Marksman, though, and most people didn't know to go straight for it, hence the issues at lower levels. I mean, most classes were semi-to-fully godly by level 30-40. It's the first 10-15 that tend to throw people, especially if they do Noveria first.

I did Noveria first, why the gently caress did they make it the closest mission?

DerDestroyer
Jun 27, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

There's always the possibility of expanded universe material taking place before the Reaper invasion.

Legion briefly talked about how he believed strongly in self determination and that civilizations should evolve on their own path without following the path laid out by things like the Reapers. Perhaps future games will be about that. Maybe the destruction of the citadel and the Mass Relays was intended to show us that we are completely free from the reaper's influence. Yes galactic society has been destroyed and the galaxy is effectively ruined but presumably from those ashes a new galactic order will rise, one which isn't dependent on mass relays or the citadel.

Perhaps they will come up with a way to enable pin point FTL travel that is just as fast as using a Mass Relay to reach a given location which allows people to colonize and expand their domains in a more organic fashion as opposed to the mixed up scattered colonies method previously used.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

ColHannibal posted:

I did Noveria first, why the gently caress did they make it the closest mission?

Yeah, ME1 has a crazy high learning curve. It is not friendly to most, at all.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Oh dear. My wife has caught me peeking a glance at the latest edition of fornax and now she's found, killed and butchered an asari so she can look like the "blue freak" I was fornicating to. :black101:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Seriously, I've downloaded the shadow broker install file 3 times in entirety and it's come up screwed each time. Is there a way to get it on origin?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

ColHannibal posted:

Nope, they where sniper rifles in the first game.

You might think that but even if you spec out your sniper rifle perfect and have all the abilities related to it, you'll never take stuff out as fast as with a properly upgraded pistol with the right abilities.

Sniper rifles are fun but if you just want to kill things with weapons in the shortest time possible, pistols are it (in theory there's an Assault Rifle build that slightly outpaces the DPS but it's so much easier to do the Pistol one since every class can use it IIRC). Of course, if you're an Adept you can just Singularity.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 12, 2012

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How hamhanded does Bioware handle you having multiple relationships? Liara's already asked me whether I want to stay with her or who I wooed in ME2, but I want to know if it's going to get really awkward and dumb later on. Especially since I thought Shadow Broker already covered that. :shepface:

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Do we know if it's possible to enable the dev console in ME3 yet? I had a lot of fun in the other two games flying the camera around and stuff.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

RBA Starblade posted:

How hamhanded does Bioware handle you having multiple relationships? Liara's already asked me whether I want to stay with her or who I wooed in ME2, but I want to know if it's going to get really awkward and dumb later on. Especially since I thought Shadow Broker already covered that. :shepface:

When Liara asked me who I wanted to be with I picked my ME2 love interest, and after that it seemed like the game just forgot I romanced her at all, if that's what you're asking.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Enjoying the gameplay and the little moments in the game, even if the big picture is starting to get on my nerves. So how much more of this silly bullshit do I have left to go through? I just put a bullet in that rear end in a top hat, Udina. That's about two-thirds of the way through, right?

And how do you get the Talon?

Previous game talk: In ME1 being an Adept is fun until you run into beefy enemies at low levels, but once you start to blossom (max Singularity) you become a Biotic God. ME2 Adepts are fun except on Hardcore/Insanity, unless and until you do Kasumi's loyalty mission and pick up the Tempest. I'd personally go Sentinel or Vanguard for biotics, or Engineer if you want to be a space Wizard.

ME3 Adepts are pretty fun; Double Throw sounds like it guddamn hurts and everything Warpslodes. Shockwave is still useless.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

DarkHamsterlord posted:

When Liara asked me who I wanted to be with I picked my ME2 love interest, and after that it seemed like the game just forgot I romanced her at all, if that's what you're asking.

I was really hoping for a Springer moment.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Lemon King posted:

I was really hoping for a Springer moment.

You could try that in ME1, and the human LI just backed off and let you have freaky asari sex.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

MadRhetoric posted:

Enjoying the gameplay and the little moments in the game, even if the big picture is starting to get on my nerves. So how much more of this silly bullshit do I have left to go through? I just put a bullet in that rear end in a top hat, Udina. That's about two-thirds of the way through, right?

About halfway. Farther if you've been doing lots of sidequests; not as far if you've been putting them off.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

MadRhetoric posted:

I may be wrong but that's like halfway in my opinion.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Seriously, I've downloaded the shadow broker install file 3 times in entirety and it's come up screwed each time. Is there a way to get it on origin?
Install it manually: open the installer EXE with 7zip and extract the DLC contents to the right place.

Unless you're saying the downloaded file is corrupt, in which case you're SOL I guess.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dan Didio posted:

simply couldn't be killed.

This sounds like Wrex. A krogan with shields, barrier, AND immunity? I never let him bite it on Virmire, but even if I wanted to I wouldn't believe you could just "put down" an invincible raging space lizard berserker-biotic.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

No, vanguards are garbage in 1.

:stare:

Did we play the same game? I mean, they definitely weren't all about biotic charges and everything, but Vanguard felt second only to Adept as an unstoppable murder machine for me. Throw, Lift, and Barrier were crazy good, and shotguns were capable long-range weapons once you got the Spectre class weapons. Seriously, I remember on the Citadel exterior in the big turret areas being able to kill turrets all the way across the field with a drat shotgun.

Did you just mean they were boring? 'Cause they sure didn't feel weak to me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Seriously, I remember on the Citadel exterior in the big turret areas being able to kill turrets all the way across the field with a drat shotgun.

I remember modifying my shotgun to be able to fire without overheating and subsequently turning the entire end of ME1, from the Citadel on, into Doom.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
How the hell do you assign hot keys in MP?

I hold down space and then drag the power to the number I want to assign it to but it never actually works. Is this a bug in mp?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I beat the game just now feeling unfulfilled. after some reflection I have concluded, as many others have, that it is because 1. Not only does it seem everything I had worked for galactic peace was completely moot, though I guess practically everyone is at earth right now so w/e I guess they will get along. 2. the plot hole of how the gently caress did Ashely/Kaiden managed to escape the collectors despite being the one of the first people to be stung, and someone else who got stung not 25 feet from her is explicitly shown getting liquified. I was totally expecting them to be a reaper sleeper agent but I would break them free with the power of LOVE 3. Dark energy :iiam:

but then I also realized one more thing:

4. no final boss? they really wanted the last hostile enemy you shoot in the story some random loving marauder?

I will replay again on my renegade solder (first was my paragon sentinel), simply because the journey was amazing, even if the destination was kinda lovely.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

NextTime000 posted:

4. no final boss? they really wanted the last hostile enemy you shoot in the story some random loving marauder?

I will replay again on my renegade solder (first was my paragon sentinel), simply because the journey was amazing, even if the destination was kinda lovely.
That segment reminded me a bit of Fable 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy4fFS9ETnU

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 12, 2012

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
I've done every sidequest that involves shooting things in the face, and have done most of the fetch quests (where the hell is Irune, guddamn space dwarfs?) so how about we split the difference and say 60% done?

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, that's pretty much feeling about it as well. I seriously feel like I did at the end of Fallout 3 or at the end of End of Evangelion.

The journey was hell of a lot of fun, everything was really enjoyable, even the poo poo that pissed me off, as soon as I figured it out It wasn't too bad. Though still gently caress fighting Phantoms.

I've been saying the bolded part (although EoE owns in all it's disgusting glory), and after spoiling the endings before even getting the game, vehemently believe in the latter paragraph this entire time. I understand how people can feel ripped off by that, but you'll get over it eventually and that's when it gets interesting.

Although Phantoms ain't poo poo when you've got Stasis :liara:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5JvbD2Zc9I

This song gave me the chills like crazy during the finale of the game, and listening to it now, it's doing it again. Fuuuuuck, this is good.

I read a little while ago that Clint Mansell was one of the contributors to the music of ME3, and that doesn't surprise me. He's one of my favorite film score composers.

The music was really top-notch in this game.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

MadRhetoric posted:

Although Phantoms ain't poo poo when you've got Stasis :liara:

I really don't get why Stasis works, but my Engineer's Cryoblast doesn't. :(

Red Mundus posted:

How the hell do you assign hot keys in MP?

I hold down space and then drag the power to the number I want to assign it to but it never actually works. Is this a bug in mp?

I'm pretty sure it's impossible. Couldn't tell you why they decided to do it that way. Maybe they don't want to save the hotkeys for all 24 multiplayer characters?

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 12, 2012

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Don't pin that on Bioware. Blame it on William C. Dietz who wrote Mass Effect: Deception. If only Drew Karpyshyn stuck around...

Edit: Derp, I forgot he Kai Leng was in Retribution, Drew wrote that one and was actually decent though.

I need to quote this from like, 30 pages back to ask:

Why the gently caress would a developer not have the lead writer for a blockbuster series of theirs tied into a contract through it's completion? After the success of ME1, I would have had Karpyshyn at a table signing his name through ME3. So silly that they wouldn't.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This song gave me the chills like crazy during the finale of the game, and listening to it now, it's doing it again. Fuuuuuck, this is good.

I read a little while ago that Clint Mansell was one of the contributors to the music of ME3, and that doesn't surprise me. He's one of my favorite film score composers.

This song has been stuck in my head for 4 days. Four. Days.

And as you would expect, I'm fighting the depression it evokes off. With tons of multiplayer =D

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I gave up on MP because every time I join with a Level 1 character, everyone leaves. gently caress you, you all started at level 1, so why dump a game because I joined? Unless you're a lovely player that needs decent players to lean on.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I gave up on MP because every time I join with a Level 1 character, everyone leaves. gently caress you, you all started at level 1, so why dump a game because I joined? Unless you're a lovely player that needs decent players to lean on.

You probably already did, but make sure to set the difficulty of your search to Bronze.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This one's really powerful, and yeah, the soundtrack is aces all around. The one I've been listening to do today (at least in my head) is the modified Leaving Earth track that plays during the dreams. Haunting as gently caress.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sacrificial Toast posted:

You probably already did, but make sure to set the difficulty of your search to Bronze.

Yea. Its pretty bad when people level 7 are going "oh loving n00b" and leaves.

If on the galactic map, you see a reaper, but no system, that means you didn't get the quest for that system?

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

twistedmentat posted:

Play with goons!

I'll do some bronze and help you level up because it gives me an excuse to level up a new class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Zomodok posted:

Play with goons!

I'll do some bronze and help you level up because it gives me an excuse to level up a new class.

Yeah, I'd join in too, assuming you're on PC.

• Locked thread