Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
He's already got his goofy rear end Sunglasses mechanic, I dont see why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Every third shot he explodes on himself.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Make his glasses and gun work like Vega's mask and claw.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Remove his normals and replace all of them with some variation of shooting a gun.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Turn him into a giant gun that shoots Weskers.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Gutcruncher posted:

"Haha suckers thanks for the 40 bucks!"

Kinda like SSF4 for 3DS I guess.

Nintendo hasn't figured out the Internet entirely, yet. Sony's done a good job to get up to Microsoft's competence, I would think that if they can put out that content for the PS3, they'll do it for the Vita. Games on the Vita already have dlc you can pay for; I don't know any 3DS games that do. I could be wrong, but having a 3DS and having checked in on their marketplace periodically enough, I haven't seen any.

In short, I am thinking Vita versions have a good probability of being less hosed.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

3DS games have the capability to be patched and receive DLC, it's just that no one has really bothered yet. iirc Nintendo said they are looking into DLC tracks and karts for MK7, but I imagine that was just lip service.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

Eeevil posted:

Make his glasses and gun work like Vega's mask and claw.

2M,5H,236A~A,3H,2M,5H,6H toss away sunglasses,2M,5C,6H,toss away gun,2M,5H,S blah blah.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
So is an update really not happening, or is Capcom lying through their teeth, the way they always do when their plans are leaked early?

Cat Machine posted:

3DS games have the capability to be patched and receive DLC, it's just that no one has really bothered yet. iirc Nintendo said they are looking into DLC tracks and karts for MK7, but I imagine that was just lip service.

There's a glitch/bug on a Mario Kart 7 track, Waku Loop, that lets you drive headfirst into water and skip 2/3s of the track. If you ever race ghost data on this track chances are they have done this to get the best times. Nintendo has the ability to patch this, but never will.

SpaceBees fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 11, 2012

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

SpaceBees posted:

So is an update really not happening, or is Capcom lying through their teeth, the way they always do when their plans are leaked early?

What was the web address that leaked the new characters? We should see if they were dumb enough to do that again.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

SpaceBees posted:

They'll probably announce it at Captivate next month if it exists. In the mean time I'm not getting my hopes up unless Lupinko weighs in.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Fereydun posted:

Remove his normals and replace all of them with some variation of shooting a gun.

Turn him into RE1 Wesker where his only moves are "DON'T OPEN...THAT DOOR" and getting killed by the Tyrant.

SpaceBees posted:

The rumor was fake. But all three Capcom reps who commented on it were choosing their words pretty carefully and there's been talk on streams of a "big change" soon. So it is somewhat of a "Wait and see" in April now. Unless someone leaks it beforehand, of course.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Brosnan posted:

If he could stop to reload then yeah, that would actually be interesting.

Except knowing this loving game if he ran out of bullets his normals would become more powerful.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Instead of running out of bullets Wesker will now discard his gun after every gunshot. The discarded gun will be a 10,000 damage projectile that OTGs. He doesn't have to pick it up to shoot again, instead he pulls a new gun out of the infinite abyss that is his trenchcoat.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Every time Wesker runs out of bullets he'll pull out a different, much better gun. He starts off his piddly little peashooter and by the end of the match he's hurling cruise missiles at you constantly.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Also those cruise missles will have tiny sunglasses that he can remove after level 3 super to make them unblockable.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

AXE COP posted:

Every time Wesker runs out of bullets he'll pull out a different, much better gun. He starts off his piddly little peashooter and by the end of the match he's hurling cruise missiles at you constantly.

Lothire posted:

Also those cruise missles will have tiny sunglasses that he can remove after level 3 super to make them unblockable.

Great work guys! Put it in the game and lets ship X3!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

AXE COP posted:

So you mean he'll have some Gun Game mechanic built in.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Liku posted:

So you mean he'll have some Gun Game mechanic built in.

Every time Wesker wins the "K.O." sound clip is replaced by "Terrorists Win".

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Also every time Wesker loses, he'll say it was on purpose and will come back with 5 bars and xfc restored.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Krad posted:

Also every time Wesker loses, he'll say it was on purpose and will come back with 5 bars and xfc restored.

No that's Doom's new ability.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Niddhogg posted:

No that's Doom's new ability.

If Doctor Doom dies he yells IT WAS A DOOMBOT and reappears with 5 full bars, all his moves are 3f faster and he gains a teleport.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
Lupinko is the only person who really knows whats up. Capcom's PR people are full if poo poo.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

SpaceBees posted:

Lupinko is the only person who really knows whats up. Capcom's PR people are full if poo poo.

They're not full of poo poo. They're not allowed to say anything even if they know something. There's a difference.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Waverhouse posted:

1) Against Spencer, when is the sweet spot to grab him out of his zipline? Ill jump up to meet him when he air lines at me but I'm not really grasping when to grab him out of his followup air attack. Sometimes I grab him but sometimes I guess I go to grab to soon and just eat a hit.

Jump immediately after the grappling hook thing goes past your head and you should be able to throw him before he can throw any attacks out.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Lothire posted:

The Cruise Missile will be released as a DLC character whose level 1 super is a XF3 Wesker without sunglasses following your attacks similar to Felicia's kitty helper super. Only without a timer.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know why but the thought of a bunch of cruise missiles with tiny sunglasses is loving hilarious to me.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Does that Heros & Heralds mode that lets you use 3 of the same character let you pick different/assists for them? Because an all-Doom(bot) team would be cool.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Archenteron posted:

Does that Heros & Heralds mode that lets you use 3 of the same character let you pick different/assists for them? Because an all-Doom(bot) team would be cool.

No. You don't actually play a team of one character, you play one character 3 times.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Give Wesker 8 actual bullets. He can choose to reload anytime after spending at least one but the command is QCF+Taunt. It's a special taunt that is not affected by X-Factor speed, so even characters without teleports can get in on him assuming good reactions/midscreen or whatever. This makes X-Factor lvl 3 zone into free combo less braindead since he can't keep it up forever without becoming vulnerable in some capacity or is already weak because he was spending his bullets earlier in the match. Theoretically anyway.

Assists also waste bullets. And it's not like the argument that the screen would be cluttered by a bullet count somewhere works because the overlay in this game is already dogshit. A small counter above the super bar/below the lifebar would do nothing.

I have no idea what to do about Zero since I have so little understanding of how his general mechanics work that I can't think of anything that wouldn't in turn make him bad. Make Buster not as good I guess.

Also if UMvC3X3 is real please add Asura, Gene, Cyclops, a Sengoku Basara character, and I really don't care about anything else. TIA.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Also if UMvC3X3 is real please add Asura, Gene, Cyclops, a Sengoku Basara character, and I really don't care about anything else. TIA.

Capcom announces they are adding a God Hand character, reveals it to be Elvis. Everybody is still happy because Elvis loving owns, cabron.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I want Kenji because Capcom references Red Earth in every fighting game they make these days, may as well bring in a character.

Or comedy Hydron and/or Hauzer option.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
With all the Megaman hints in Ultimate Capcom should just go right ahead and give the fans what they want.

Dr. Wily.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Now that you mention it, Asura would be a pretty good match for this game. The dude's game is basically an anime already and his whole schtick would fit in fine with the rest of the cast. Maybe build a mechanic around his six arms or something.

A BASARA dude would be pretty hard to pin down though. The most popular character in the franchise (Masamune) has already been co-opted by Wolverine and Vergil.

Gotta wonder though why the Monster Hunter dude is so uptight about including a character in this game. They put characters in Metal Gear Solid for gently caress sake. Dude doesn't want a cool Hunter character in the game? Tons of potential there for a character with all the weapons, traps, and other mechanics like food and sharpening.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Policenaut posted:

Now that you mention it, Asura would be a pretty good match for this game. The dude's game is basically an anime already and his whole schtick would fit in fine with the rest of the cast. Maybe build a mechanic around his six arms or something.

A BASARA dude would be pretty hard to pin down though. The most popular character in the franchise (Masamune) has already been co-opted by Wolverine and Vergil.

Gotta wonder though why the Monster Hunter dude is so uptight about including a character in this game. They put characters in Metal Gear Solid for gently caress sake. Dude doesn't want a cool Hunter character in the game? Tons of potential there for a character with all the weapons, traps, and other mechanics like food and sharpening.

As I recall, Sengoku Basara was out because they are based on real people.

I mean, very, very tenuously based given that there are drill spears, cyborgs, cannons, and approximately infinity swords at once (hi Date Masamune). But that was the rationale, anyway.

I could get behind Monster Hunter or Asura though. And Dr. Wily, because Capcom needs a MODOK-alike and the Wilysaucer clearly qualifies. Also Gene. Gene is the best.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yukimura would definitely be the best choice for Marvel, he could play like SonSon but on fire

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lord Chumley posted:

With all the Megaman hints in Ultimate Capcom should just go right ahead and give the fans what they want.

Megaman.EXE

:colbert:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lord Chumley posted:

Well they can't use Bad Box Art Megaman twice in a row, so...

Captain N Mega Man. Squat green midget.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Prism posted:

Well they can't use Bad Box Art Megaman twice in a row, so...

Captain N Mega Man. Squat green midget.

Nah, what we'll get is Frank West from Tatsunoko vs Capcom wearing the Megaman costume all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Policenaut posted:

Oda Nobunaga. Broadsword, Shotgun, Eye Lasers, Cape Attacks, maybe a bit too Dante. Alternatively Q-BallZabi, a fat Jesuit with giant cannon-tonfa and even more giant robots for his hypers. Except that Zabi will never get in because the fat bald guy spot is reserved for Elvis.

• Locked thread