Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Icesler posted:

I just finished up Rannoch and I am heading to the Citadel to meet with the Asari Councilor. I feel like I am probably about 2/3rds through, correct?

Yeah I'd say that's about right.

quote:

Tachunka questions I attempted to informed Eve of the sabotage but was interrupted the first time, the second time I had the chance I didn't say anything. She later had died from stress? or something and I informed Mordiin of the sabotage and he went kablooie. Was this the best course of action? I have Hackett telling me I should have saved Eve and the Salarrians were pissed but joined up later. I don't see how I could have had a better outcome/everyone lives.

Well the only thing I did different from you was telling everybody about the Salarian plan when I had the second chance to do so, and Eve survived. I guess that everybody knowing means that people take more care protecting her or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Kongming posted:

Eve will die if you destroyed Maelon's data in ME2 and I think also if Wrex died in ME1. Sabotaging the cure will earn you Salarian aid but I think you lose Krogan support because Wrex finds out. Letting Mordin apply the cure gets you Krogan support but the Salarians withhold their fleet. Eve being dead weakens the Krogan because infighting breaks out among the clans over who is responsible for her death. I'm not sure if one course of action is more beneficial. You have to decide if you want Krogan support or Salarian support, but I don't think it matters in the end.

You are right if you saved the Councillors in ME1 the Salarian one may want to have a word.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ineptmule posted:

Well the only thing I did different from you was telling everybody about the Salarian plan when I had the second chance to do so, and Eve survived. I guess that everybody knowing means that people take more care protecting her or something?

No, it all depends on Maelon's data. Without it, Mordin doesn't have the information necessary to maintain Eve's health during the process, and she dies.

The constant "you wanna tell them about the sabotage now? How about NOW?" choices just serve to drive in the knife if you go Renegade.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Really sorry guys, but there are 139 pages here and I'm desperate to play.

I'm on 360, and my import thing doesn't seem to want to import my sheperd's face. I can't really connect to the internet (no ethernet cable in this flat, and my 360 is one of the original ones). Is there any solution or will I have to try to recreate the face?

Seriously irritated that this game could ship with such an error.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Lord Twisted posted:

I'm on 360, and my import thing doesn't seem to want to import my sheperd's face. I can't really connect to the internet (no ethernet cable in this flat, and my 360 is one of the original ones). Is there any solution or will I have to try to recreate the face?
You will have to re-create it.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

You will have to re-create it.

If I managed to connect it to LIVE or whatever to patch it, would that fix the issue? I just want to keep my sheperd's face :(

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009
Romance question for anyone who knows:

I chose to try to continue my romance with Miranda in my first playthrough. We apparently got it on at some point but there wasn't a cut scene showing the hot action and I didn't get the Paramour achievement which I believe is only achieved by romancing someone and getting the cut scene to accompany it.

My question:
Does anyone know which options provide a cut scene and thus the Paramour achievement?

dmccaff
Nov 8, 2010

Lord Twisted posted:

Really sorry guys, but there are 139 pages here and I'm desperate to play.

Seriously irritated that this game could ship with such an error.

My Shepherd is always default face (boring, I know), and the import thing still managed to get it wrong. Luckily, I could easily fix it. You'll probably just have to re-create it.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It's because they changed how the face creation works in ME3, so faces carrying over from ME1 can't be imported at all. ME2 faces should be able to if they have a creation code, but they might be a little wrong.

I remember this being mentioned before the game came out.

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love
The default shepard is the best one, because as much as you might like your custom shepard, it looks like a potato headed fallout npc demon mutant with a fivehead and wax skin.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Just pretty loving staggered that the first 20 seconds of this game has been a major error with the import feature which is one of the major USPs of this entire series.

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!

Lord Twisted posted:

Just pretty loving staggered that the first 20 seconds of this game has been a major error with the import feature which is one of the major USPs of this entire series.

have you heard about the endings let me tell you about the endings

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

The default shepard is the best one, because as much as you might like your custom shepard, it looks like a potato headed fallout npc demon mutant with a fivehead and wax skin.

In ME1 and 2 my guy looked like a mix between the Fonz and Steven Steagal. Whenever he squinted, his eyes clamped shut. When he got angry, his left eye started twitching. Sadly that couldn't carry over to ME3, but I DID gain the ability to make the fabled Shepface every time he feels any emotion. Also I misplaced the eyebrows so whenever he gets angry it looks like they're floating away. :shepface:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

This is really true and sad. Human characters in Mass Effect made with a specific model in mind (say, Shepard's cover model, Miranda, Jacob, Ashley, Kaidan, etc) all look fine, but random human male characters made only with the character creation system look ugly as sin. I stopped trying to make a custom male Shepard in ME2.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Capt Happhypants posted:

Romance question for anyone who knows:

I chose to try to continue my romance with Miranda in my first playthrough. We apparently got it on at some point but there wasn't a cut scene showing the hot action and I didn't get the Paramour achievement which I believe is only achieved by romancing someone and getting the cut scene to accompany it.

My question:
Does anyone know which options provide a cut scene and thus the Paramour achievement?

I got Paramour with Miranda after the Priority: Citadel mission when I received an e-mail and we met in person in the Presidium Apartments. I had re-affirm the relationship when Shep first ran into Miranda in the Normandy Docking Bay.

Ryan-RB
Mar 19, 2006

If we knew the will of God, then we'd all be Gods, wouldn't we?

Aristobulus posted:

I can't let this post go by without throwing in my support for it. I said it in my huge post before but I was completely in awe at that. Just astounded. Both of Liara's final romance scenes were simply amazing, and I say this as someone that obviously loved the rest of her scenes as well, but those went even beyond the rest.

What that meant Liara was sharing with Shepard too, that they were completely melding together and Liara was sharing her very, mind, being and essence with Shepard, was not something lost on me. I had to catch my breath a bit after that.

I'm going to take a minute here to also repeat myself in saying that the sex scene with Liara similarly was something I loved, because it showed off a lot of chemistry between Liara and Shep, and it came across as really mature, and like there was actual pure love between them. The emotion in that scene just was portrayed well. That and, as I also mentioned before, I felt they did a good job of maintaining Liara's "alienness" instead of it just being a blue stand in for Ashley or something. Her scene is actually different enough than a human's, with the way she mixes in biotics and also how she looks - her skin is amazingly detailed and does not just look like blue flesh, but even looks slightly...scaled? or something of that sort. But it's not just blue flesh, even if it does look that way throughout most of the less detailed appearances in the games.

In the first game, I chose Liara because she was the only alternative to space racist Ashley. It was okay. I found the romance relationships to be weak compared to the friendly relationships you make with other characters in ME1 and 2. The Garrus bromance could not be beat.

But Liara in ME3? Poetry. It was sensitive, mature, and thoughtful. I believed it could actually happen between real people. I didn't cover my eyes and press the X button rapidly through the romance scenes.

Aristobulus posted:

What that meant Liara was sharing with Shepard too, that they were completely melding together and Liara was sharing her very, mind, being and essence with Shepard, was not something lost on me. I had to catch my breath a bit after that.

This. :( I realized what it was a minute after it ended, and I was floored again. drat, Bioware.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007
I bought the "From Ashes" DLC after I started my game, but have yet to see any sign of the squadmate or other added content. I just completed Priority: Tuchanka, and someone on the last page said it was possible to bring him on that mission. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a known technical issue?

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Tibeerius posted:

I bought the "From Ashes" DLC after I started my game, but have yet to see any sign of the squadmate or other added content. I just completed Priority: Tuchanka, and someone on the last page said it was possible to bring him on that mission. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a known technical issue?

It should have unlocked a new mission on Eden Prime.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Tibeerius posted:

Look for a priority mission on Eden Prime.

Ryan-RB
Mar 19, 2006

If we knew the will of God, then we'd all be Gods, wouldn't we?

Tibeerius posted:

Check your e-mail on the Normandy.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Ryan-RB posted:

In the first game, I chose Liara because she was the only alternative to space racist Ashley. It was okay. I found the romance relationships to be weak compared to the friendly relationships you make with other characters in ME1 and 2. The Garrus bromance could not be beat.

But Liara in ME3? Poetry. It was sensitive, mature, and thoughtful. I believed it could actually happen between real people. I didn't cover my eyes and press the X button rapidly through the romance scenes.

This. :( I realized what it was a minute after it ended, and I was floored again. drat, Bioware.
Its obvious Liara was meant to be the canon romance by Bioware. So much more attention went into it.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

Ryan-RB posted:

Check your e-mail on the Normandy.

Rawrbomb posted:

It should have unlocked a new mission on Eden Prime.
Nothing in my email, and no missions to Eden Prime. I guess I'll try redownloading it. :(

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Charlie Mopps posted:

Its obvious Liara was meant to be the canon romance by Bioware. So much more attention went into it.

I'm not sure I buy that, as much as I want that to be true. I always got the impression, even back in ME1, that the vermire survivor was meant to be the canon romance.

Hell, the vermire survivor is a human alliance soldier just like Shep, it's total action movie predestined romantic couple just by that alone.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Tibeerius posted:

Nothing in my email, and no missions to Eden Prime. I guess I'll try redownloading it. :(

I had an issue with mine when I first downloaded it. It gave me the alternate costumes but didn't give me the mission. I had to redownload it to finally get it working.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

Smelly posted:

I had an issue with mine when I first downloaded it. It gave me the alternate costumes but didn't give me the mission. I had to redownload it to finally get it working.
Ah, that's a relief. Yeah, the alternate costumes are working for me just fine (there's only two, correct?).

Aristobulus posted:

I'm not sure I buy that, as much as I want that to be true. I always got the impression, even back in ME1, that the vermire survivor was meant to be the canon romance.
Liara is the only romanceable companion guaranteed to survive in ME3, so perhaps that might explain why (if any) extra effort was expended on her romance.

That reminds me of my first ME playthrough... I was romancing Ashley, but sacrificed her on Virmire becuase "We must protect the bomb!" Liara made for a decent fallback option. :)

Tibeerius fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 12, 2012

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Aristobulus posted:

Hell, the vermire survivor is a human alliance soldier just like Shep, it's total action movie predestined romantic couple just by that alone.
Not at all, which is why there was DLC that enabled a continuation of the romance in ME2 for Liara alone. That, plus how could the canon romance for a schlocky scifi 80s pastiche not be the blue pansexual psychic alien teenager (who is actually over 100 so you aren't kinda creepy for enjoying her complete adoration of you)

And gently caress the sequence in London where you have to avoid a beam while masses of Banshees and Marauders come at you. Yeah, you can kill the Banshees without problems by using the beam, but there's no cover and the Marauders just shred my shields. Need more people with Overload, I guess, Garrus isn't covering it. I can't Singularity the fuckers and I can't shoot them down in a straight fight.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 12, 2012

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Tibeerius posted:

Ah, that's a relief. Yeah, the alternate costumes are working for me just fine (there's only two, correct?).

There's 3. Are you on 360? My first time downloading it I closed out of the menu which deleted the download for some strange reason. Next time around I left the dashboard up while I downloaded it. Fixed that issue.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

Smelly posted:

There's 3. Are you on 360? My first time downloading it I closed out of the menu which deleted the download for some strange reason. Next time around I left the dashboard up while I downloaded it. Fixed that issue.
Yes, on a 360. I never actually saw it complete, so I guess the download probably broke down somewhere. Thanks!

Tibeerius fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 12, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Charlie Mopps posted:

While it may get me crucified here, I thought the Tali romance was handled pretty well. How is the Liara one a great deal better than any others (well any others that might be in your crew, I can see non-crewmates not working well)?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
In that sequence, I just went off to the side where the beam doesn't strike. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
I have to say, I was somewhat confused at my ending, seeing as how my team for the final section was EDI and Liara. We're all at the run up to the tower, we all make a break for it, and it appears only Shepard survives. Then I do the synthesis ending and EDI and Liara end up stepping off the Normandy.

Ravenfood posted:

And gently caress the sequence in London where you have to avoid a beam while masses of Banshees and Marauders come at you. Yeah, you can kill the Banshees without problems by using the beam, but there's no cover and the Marauders just shred my shields. Need more people with Overload, I guess, Garrus isn't covering it. I can't Singularity the fuckers and I can't shoot them down in a straight fight.

The way I handled that was to use the truck on its side near the first missile launcher as cover. It's on its side, so it's tall cover meaning the laser can't get you behind it. Use that, pop out around the sides to take down the barriers on the Banshees. I picked up Energy Drain from Tali, plus I had Overload on EDI, so the two of us concentrating on a target could take down the barrier. Ignore the Marauders unless they get too close.

Then, once you hear that the target is in range, make a mad dash for the terminal. Like, seriously, I just got to the right side of that truck, waited for the laser beam to reset, and made a crazy dash for the terminal ignoring all the enemies out there.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Aristobulus posted:

Eh, i admit my bias might make me see things not completely like they are. :shobon:

ChronoReverse posted:

In that sequence, I just went off to the side where the beam doesn't strike. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?
There was a beam in that part? :stare: Maybe i forgot because all i remember is being awesome as gently caress as a Vanguard. :black101:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Charlie Mopps posted:

Eh, i admit my bias might make me see things not completely like they are. :shobon:

There was a beam in that part? :stare: Maybe i forgot because all i remember is being awesome as gently caress as a Vanguard. :black101:

Liara makes just as much sense if Shepard is meant to be some kind of Indiana Jones character and Liara is the Karen Allen role. I can't believe I'm even discussing this.

Tibeerius posted:

Go to Eden Prime. That mission also lets you unlock a new war asset not otherwise available.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Charlie Mopps posted:

Haha, I certainly understand that. And I mean, I'm not really qualified to talk on if Liara comes across as more or less canon than other romances, because I've only romanced Liara. I know a bit about the other romances, but it's just in what I've picked up from pieces told to me by people who did other romances.

I think it would take someone who did multiple romances to really comment. I can talk about Liara's romance, sure, but that's all I can talk about, I mean. In depth.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Aristobulus posted:

Haha, I certainly understand that. And I mean, I'm not really qualified to talk on if Liara comes across as more or less canon than other romances, because I've only romanced Liara. I know a bit about the other romances, but it's just in what I've picked up from pieces told to me by people who did other romances.

I think it would take someone who did multiple romances to really comment. I can talk about Liara's romance, sure, but that's all I can talk about, I mean. In depth.

How many other people thought romancing Morinth might actually work?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Tibeerius posted:

That reminds me of my first ME playthrough... I was romancing Ashley, but sacrificed her on Virmire becuase "We must protect the bomb!" Liara made for a decent fallback option. :)

That's kinda what happened with me, although not the romance part since I picked Liara. If I went back and did it again, I probably would have saved Ashley, but the way I played that out ended up having Kaidan on the bomb and Ashley on the AA tower, and I thought protecting the bomb was more important than the AA tower.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Syrinxx posted:

Is anyone going to brave Insanity mode as an Adept? Any tips? I guess I could cheese it and go Infil but I'd rather play a pure biotic.

Spec for combos and explosions. With just lift and warp specced that way I can reliably clear a crowd of, say, Assault Troopers in one combo, in less than three seconds. It's harder with guys that have defenses, but they often have guys that don't near by, so use them as your floating grenades.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Tachunka, re: Renegade.

Oh no! I shot Mordin in the back!. :cry:

I had to go watch "The Walking Dead" to cheer myself up...I felt like such a loving dick, and deserved it.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I romanced Ashley and I thought it was a little strange how close Liara and Shep were. They were like really close friends. Garrus was best bro but it seemed clear that Liara was Shepard's closest friend. Maybe mind-melding does that to ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I didn't do any romancing in the previous games, but my FemShep is totally going lesbian for Traynor this game.

• Locked thread