Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

accidentally shot his wife and her dog.

I don't think that getting drunk, shooting your wife's puppy, and having the bullet go through the dog's leg and hit the wife is exactly an accident. He's a genuine lowlife and why the Love Doctors didn't get the midday Real Radio slot is still baffling to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Szyznyk posted:

I don't think that getting drunk, shooting your wife's puppy, and having the bullet go through the dog's leg and hit the wife is exactly an accident. He's a genuine lowlife and why the Love Doctors didn't get the midday Real Radio slot is still baffling to me.

Holy poo poo, he actually shot a dog and his wife? Why is this guy a "personality"? Horrible people should be mocked by personalities, not become them.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Holy poo poo, he actually shot a dog and his wife? Why is this guy a "personality"? Horrible people should be mocked by personalities, not become them.

He quit drinking and found the Lord, so he's aces now.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

...and today, the three foot chicken McNugget known as ETM is another year grosser.

"Do your parents refer to the day as three-eleven?"

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I'm probably alone in this, but I'm starting to get bored with all of the AGT talk. Every day, the first hour of the show seems to be very AGT heavy and I personally find it boring.

I haven't ever really been into these talent reality shows, so it's probably just me. I'll probably watch the first episode or two out of curiosity but that'll be it since I'm not into those shows.

We get so little of Howard and the bulk of my listening is done early on, so this is tough to get through!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I'm in agreement. It would be one thing if the anecdotes were... you know... entertaining. But they're not. And most of it seems to be essentially a commercial for AGT.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
The first hour of the show was always my favorite, especially on Mondays, catching up with Artie's crazy bullshit and/or blowing off Eric the midget for the first hour and letting him stew.

I'd be fairly ticked off if I were Sirius and someone I paid FIVE MILLION GRAAAAND to spent his time talking about another show he was doing.

Then again, Joel McHale spent like a quarter of this past week's THE SOUP talking about COMMUNITY. Then again again, that was entertaining.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

I'm probably alone in this, but I'm starting to get bored with all of the AGT talk. Every day, the first hour of the show seems to be very AGT heavy and I personally find it boring.

I haven't ever really been into these talent reality shows, so it's probably just me. I'll probably watch the first episode or two out of curiosity but that'll be it since I'm not into those shows.

We get so little of Howard and the bulk of my listening is done early on, so this is tough to get through!

It's been that way for a while now, hasn't it? I know one of the big reasons I gave it up was because the first hour (or more) was a recap of whatever horrible "reality" TV show was on the night before. :(

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Sand Monster posted:

I'm in agreement. It would be one thing if the anecdotes were... you know... entertaining. But they're not. And most of it seems to be essentially a commercial for AGT.

And so many of them are, "So, this thing happened and here is the general story except I can't tell you what ended up happening because it will spoil the show when it airs"

Makes me crazy. Even if I do end up tuning in there's no way I would ever remember it was an act Howard made reference to months earlier, especially since in today's show during the first hour he did it three times alone.

Glad I am not the only one!

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 12, 2012

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
So, what should he talk about?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I wish they would go back to talking about phones.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hunter x az posted:

So, what should he talk about?

Howard should come in and start with "so, I heard you had a rough weekend, Jackie and/or Artie..."

(Also acceptable: Doug Stanhope, Colin Quinn, et cetera)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I did enjoy hearing today that Howard is already getting sick of his WONDERFUL NEW JOB, that took what, a week? He's bitching about the 30 days meaning 30 x 24 hours already. Classic.

How long before he decides he's not getting paid properly by them?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Did you guys hear the Rajee stuff? I don't mind transgender or gay people, but these jokers just sound so clueless...

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Ether Frenzy posted:

I did enjoy hearing today that Howard is already getting sick of his WONDERFUL NEW JOB, that took what, a week? He's bitching about the 30 days meaning 30 x 24 hours already. Classic.

How long before he decides he's not getting paid properly by them?

I can't wait until the lawsuit either.

I was pretty annoyed at his "WOW Live TV is so much fun, you all should try it, they treat you great" stance on doing TV.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I will probably regret asking this, but does anybody know if Beth will be getting plugs on Howard's new TV show?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

prefect posted:

I will probably regret asking this, but does anybody know if Beth will be getting plugs on Howard's new TV show?

"America Tries to Find my Wife a Talent"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

"America Tries to Find my Wife a Talent"

This just gave me one of those explosive Jackie laughs. :allears:

Is it possible for photographers to get onto that show? I want to hear what kind of expert Photoshop advice Howard has for them.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

Nothing will ever be worse than Howard spends three hours a week deciding which Blackberry to purchase. Curve? Bold? Give me owl stories, talk about the bachelor, put Beth in the Artie chair, just please god never again with the phone chat.

I think he pitched it for an iphone after about six months anyway.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Is there a live portion to AGT? I think his commentary after a live show airs could be very interesting since he won't have to hold back.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AxeManiac posted:

Honestly, if you were able to make it through the Phone Talk this AGT stuff should be a breeze.

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
Why is Howard trying to sound like some tough guy - "Ill destroy anyone with my fists if they mess with me". Yip sure thing.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Kt88 posted:

Why is Howard trying to sound like some tough guy - "Ill destroy anyone with my fists if they mess with me". Yip sure thing.

I dont know where the hell this came from either. It was the first thing I heard as I started the car this morning, about how he's been in more fights than Muhammad Ali and he'd break Howie's nose if he tried to "prank" him. It was like a rehash of "I'm the prankster!" but injected with testosterone.

During the last Chuck Zito visit Howard explained that he dropped karate because hitting the board scuffed up his knuckles.

His line of questioning with those transsexual actresses today was borderline revolting. "Lemme see your cock!" "Whats the biggest penis you've taken in your fake vagina?" "Do you dance around and attract the guys at clubs like that?"

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Alkaphanel posted:

about how he's been in more fights than Muhammad Ali

Oh he's been in a lot of fights. Problem is he's lost every one of them.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Howard is built like an AIDS patient. He's not beating up anybody.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kt88 posted:

Former Human posted:

Oh he's been in a lot of fights. Problem is he's lost every one of them.

kylej posted:

Howard is built like an AIDS patient. He's not beating up anybody.

Not to mention he's well into middle-age and can't even handle people disagreeing with him on his own talk show. He'd just run to his limo again and let Beth fight in his place.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Only heard a bit of the Whitney interview, but is she still claiming that they don't use a laugh track on that show?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

Only heard a bit of the Whitney interview, but is she still claiming that they don't use a laugh track on that show?

People who say "we don't use a laugh track; we have a live audience" are trying to distract you from the real issue. They have "Applause"-type signs that light up to tell the live studio audience when they're supposed to make noise. The laughter is no more genuine than canned laughter.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

prefect posted:

People who say "we don't use a laugh track; we have a live audience" are trying to distract you from the real issue. They have "Applause"-type signs that light up to tell the live studio audience when they're supposed to make noise. The laughter is no more genuine than canned laughter.

Its funny how that is. People become like trained monkeys and make noise when they see something light up.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

prefect posted:

Isn't it also well known that if you are not participating they will just ask you to leave and put someone else in your place?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Bonzo posted:

Isn't it also well known that if you are not participating they will just ask you to leave and put someone else in your place?

Yeah plus they film some of those scenes dozens of times and will gladly do it over if people don't laugh enough.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

Yes, they also put "professional" audience members into some seats to get crowds going. They screen out a lot of people that won't act the fool at anything anyone says.

Sitcoms are usually loving horrible for a reason.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

AxeManiac posted:

Yes, they also put "professional" audience members into some seats to get crowds going. They screen out a lot of people that won't act the fool at anything anyone says.

Sitcoms are usually loving horrible for a reason.

Sitcoms are horrible because they're not funny and never have been

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Curb Your Enthusiasm is horrible?

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Godinster posted:

Curb Your Enthusiasm is horrible?

Curb Your Enthusiasm is its own genre of ownage that it shares with arrested development

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

"All In The Family" was pretty funny.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Blanket statements never seem to work, I like a great deal of shows and I agree, most of them wouldn't be called "sit-coms". I don't think Louie is a sit-com and Larry David exists on "This isn't a situation, but I made it into a comedy".

Funny is funny, and sitcoms are usually never funny and designed to be safe consumption, like AGT or books on raising dogs when you are rich and pay other people to do it for you.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Can we at least agree that sitcoms like "Whitney" are loving terrible and leave it at that? Because they are, and it is.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
I think you guys mentioned that Artie was ragging on Whitney's show lately, what did he say exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

I think you guys mentioned that Artie was ragging on Whitney's show lately, what did he say exactly?

He has been tearing a hole into anyone with a show really, Chelsea Handler, Whitney, he gets a bit of professional jealousy I think but he is spot on about those two and brutal about it.

He talked about if you got stuck in a room with Whitney and Chelsea, neither one would make you laugh, because they are not funny, just reactive and say "witty" things which usually just means crude insults or playground stuff.

Artie is a stand up however, so he thinks if you say anything you didn't write yourself, you are already a hack.