Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zarron
Sep 1, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Please have all of the major Persona 3 characters in the console version. :pray: I will become the best player at this game, using only Fuuka if this happens.

I read your first sentence and thought Fuuka. Atlus, make this happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
I'd love to see some of the playable cast members from P1 and P2 find their way into this game, but it's pretty much a pipe dream that's never going to happen. Oh well, at least having some of the cameo colors as references to them is better than nothing.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Is the console version coming like 6 months after the arcade release? Isn't this the same thing that killed KoF12? (other than being a bad game)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Takaya would be the best thing ever, hell yeah Revolver Jesus, but given the fact that this is meant to be canon that's pretty much impossible. Ahh well.

EDIT: Also what killed KoF12 was being a bad game. The console port of Calamity Trigger came out eight months after the arcade release, and BlazBlue seems to have done pretty well for itself. I ain't no expert though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Peraons 4 Arena comes out sometime in August on consoles apparently. But i'm not entirely sure that is set in stone.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
All the Persona 3 characters they could add besides Shinjiro are terrible, and I'd rather not see them ever again. That said this is a fighting game, so despite Aigis being a very groanworthy character her general gameplay seems cool. That's all that really matters in the end.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
both persona 3 protagonists ice climbers style please

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ken and Kuromaru, Rera style please.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

zarron posted:

I read your first sentence and thought Fuuka. Atlus, make this happen!

She would just end up being another announcer like Rise.

From P3, all you have are the Protags, Shinji, Yukari, Ken, Koromaru, and Junpei. The Protags and Shinji can't be in it for plot reasons, unless they want to have Shinji wake up and mysteriously have his powers back, and Minato/Minako have some sort of double appear in the TV world. I already mentioned Ken/Koromaru, and Junpei would be pretty cool as a slower Hakumen-style sword wielder, but Yukari fits the exact same battle stereotype as Yukiko, only with a different element. Sure, they could mix it up, but really, she has no reason to be there. At least Junpei would want to feel like a hero again and Ken would want to fight along side Akihiko.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O1EnjhIbD0

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

AlternateNu posted:

Unless they want to have Shinji wake up and mysteriously have his powers back.
This happens in P3P. :colbert:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

AlternateNu posted:

She would just end up being another announcer like Rise.

From P3, all you have are the Protags, Shinji, Yukari, Ken, Koromaru, and Junpei. The Protags and Shinji can't be in it for plot reasons, unless they want to have Shinji wake up and mysteriously have his powers back, and Minato/Minako have some sort of double appear in the TV world. I already mentioned Ken/Koromaru, and Junpei would be pretty cool as a slower Hakumen-style sword wielder, but Yukari fits the exact same battle stereotype as Yukiko, only with a different element. Sure, they could mix it up, but really, she has no reason to be there. At least Junpei would want to feel like a hero again and Ken would want to fight along side Akihiko.

Yukari could have plenty of motivation to be there, after the Answer. Whether it be to help Aigis with whatever she's doing, or to (P3 end spoilers) search for other ways to bring back P3MC. I've actually been wondering if that's what Aigis's role in P4Arena will be. And besides all this, I think having a character use archery would be a neat idea if executed properly.

Junpei/Koromaru doing double attack poo poo would be awesome.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

The Grimace posted:

Junpei/Koromaru doing double attack poo poo would be awesome.

I swear to god, if they even put Koromaru ANYWHERE in the game, I will go to Japan, visit the Atlus Building, and throw all my money right in the Persona Team's face.

But seriously, that would awesome if Koromaru was playable or an assist. It would be a very good move on Atlus's part.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv93cmfwQPk

This video has some really good Kanji stuff... Showed me some combos I didn't know he had. Specifically it seems like in the corner he can do about 50%. I didn't know he could pick up people off of Air grab D either. Cool!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Spiking posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv93cmfwQPk

This video has some really good Kanji stuff... Showed me some combos I didn't know he had. Specifically it seems like in the corner he can do about 50%. I didn't know he could pick up people off of Air grab D either. Cool!!

Yeah the more this game gets figured out the more ridiculous the damage is.

I was thinking this game would have Blazblue damage but it's looking closer and closer to GGAC levels.

This Kanji is sick. He looks a lot less straightforward than I originally figured, the DP hold, D moves and air grab all look really interesting. There's a video somewhere of him baiting backdash with a quick jump -> special air grab. I assume it's going to be plausible to do that plus using your jump to avoid people doing wakeup stuff to beat both options.

Edit: The chair super looks kind of crummy to me though :/

anime was right fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 12, 2012

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Interview time, discussing the originals of P4A and whatnot.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Some actually good Yu gameplay holy poo poo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBNcD30DemA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDCp_kvz04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1olWHYTu2s

I am all over this character.

I just noticed that this game seems to have the skullgirls hitstun meter under the combo numbers, was I just blind or is that a new thing?

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 12, 2012

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:
The hitstun meter was one of the first things I noticed about the game. I'm glad fighters are starting to have that more frequently, I think it's really cool and useful.

When we get this game I'm probably going to play Kanji, Naoto, Akihiko, and Labrys but I'll probably give every character a try at least to see who feels best.

The Hater
Aug 4, 2007

Friday Friday in the club on Friday, we we we so excited
Man I'm loving Yosuke's mechanics so far. He looks like crazy fun, especially with that buff of his.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Aigis + Orgia Mode + EX Megido = A whole lotta pain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJXd57OLjZU#t=0m36s

Didn't see him attempt to use a second EX Megido in there, I wonder what kind of numbers you could get with another one.

Edit: Oh cool an Akihiko that knows something finally! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DEci2QP-PM#t=0m48s

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 13, 2012

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I wonder what the damage of a situational as hell one more cancel 5 tornado combo is with Akihiko? Would it go past being unscaled and get even more powerful?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

"you get more meter and you can do another super" is my favorite comeback mechanic ever.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
When is this coming to consoles in Japan? I am going to get this and then both the 360 and PS3 versions when this finally hits the states.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

zarron posted:

When is this coming to consoles in Japan? I am going to get this and then both the 360 and PS3 versions when this finally hits the states.

In the summer, when the states get it.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

The Hater posted:

Man I'm loving Yosuke's mechanics so far. He looks like crazy fun, especially with that buff of his.

I think he's getting slept on... maybe I should learn him. No one's playing him but he's fast and he has a 5k fatal counter combo that is pretty practical. He just tap tap taps with 2A and then sticks out I think 2C? a second later and can lay down 5k if you bite.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Patch v1.01 coming out soon:

Ronove posted:

- During a player's ground wake up at the end of the animation (when the character is touching the ground after getting up) even if he doesn't guard in the first three frames he is still invincible to throws.
- Again, during ground's wake up "landing" phase or during a jump landind phase if the player holds jump-back the character will jump again rather than guarding (in case the opponent is attacking).
- Depending on the move performed right after his Sukakaja super, Yosuke won't remain stiff/unable to move as he lands on ground at the end of Sukukaja's animation.
- Version A of Chie's Charge Super doesn't stack up to the MAX anymore.
- Fixed a problem where Yukiko's fan couldn't be easily seen in a specific stage.
- Again regarding Yukiko, both when doing 5C>5D or 2C>2D it is not possible anymore to cancel it into the sweep (2+A+B) or into the All-Out Rush (A+B).
- An additional input is still needed to provoke an explosion when Teddie performs the D air version of his Tomahawk close to the ground.
- Regarding Naoto, they corrected a problem where the timing of her Mudoon IK used at the end of a combo was somehow unnatural (:psyduck:)
- Fixed a typo in the title

Thanks to Ronove from DL for the translation.

Mostly just bug fixes and a few minor tweaks it looks like.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/30897133

Pee For You BGM

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

quote:

The recent 1.01 patch has also enabled the Megane (Glasses) feature for the characters
The best possible patch :allears:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Aigis has a pretty awesome remix of Heartfelt Cry. I swear I've heard something like Chie's theme somewhere, like menu music or something. :psyduck:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

PunkBoy posted:

Aigis has a pretty awesome remix of Heartfelt Cry. I swear I've heard something like Chie's theme somewhere, like menu music or something. :psyduck:

All the themes're on MayonakaMidnight's YT feed.

I admit though, Aigis' theme has started to grow on me, though I much prefer Naoto and Mitsuru's themes. ... And Yu's, Yu's so swag. Also Mass Destruction being the P3 mirror match theme is amazing.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Meguro's not doing the music, is he? It sounds pretty close to his style if it isn't.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Cityinthesea posted:

Meguro's not doing the music, is he? It sounds pretty close to his style if it isn't.

I believe the score's all Meguro, but I'm only going by intuition - I'm sure there was a pres release with him doing all the music though, but I'm not sure where to find one on hand.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah he did the music, though I can't find the article where they mentioned that either. Might have been in one of the Famitsu scans.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's been said in several interviews and articles that the usual Persona team is doing the story, non-sprite art, and characters. So yeah, Hashino, Soejima, and Meguro.

EDIT: The Heartful Cry remix in that video is awesome.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

EDIT: The Heartful Cry remix in that video is awesome.

I have something that might interest you!

Death Cube K
Mar 20, 2008

You're pretentious, this club sucks, I have beef. Let's fight.
Kanji's theme sounds like a cross between something from Devil Survivor and King of Fighters.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I want to say Akihiko's theme sounds very familiar but I can't put my finger on what it's a remix of.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Yukiko's theme is really good.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

If anyone wants to watch some vids of this game, this dude in nagoya re streams vids and tournaments and complains about akihiko being weak and drinks a lot.

http://www.twitch.tv/jiyuna/videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

PunkBoy posted:

I want to say Akihiko's theme sounds very familiar but I can't put my finger on what it's a remix of.

Sounds to me like a pretty liberal remix of Unavoidable Battle, which is used for the boss fights against Strega in P3.

• Locked thread