Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Archenteron posted:

Oda Nobunaga. Broadsword, Shotgun, Eye Lasers, Cape Attacks. Alternatively Q-BallZabi, a fat Jesuit with giant cannon-tonfa and even more giant robots for his hypers.

Oh drat, I didn't think of Nobunaga. He'd even qualify as a Capcom villain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Only if he plays exactly as he does in Sengoku Basara X for some reason. I need my dash cancel C infinites.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
drat it Capcom, just take the money already. I bought Godhand twice, so I am good for it I swear!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Archenteron posted:

Oda Nobunaga. Broadsword, Shotgun, Eye Lasers, Cape Attacks, maybe a bit too Dante. Alternatively Q-BallZabi, a fat Jesuit with giant cannon-tonfa and even more giant robots for his hypers. Except that Zabi will never get in because the fat bald guy spot is reserved for Elvis.

The first Basara game was marketed as DEVIL KING with the Devil May Cry font and the main character used a sword and gun at the same time so yeah

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.
Hyper Viper Beam

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If they make another Marvel, I want them to add Jean Reno. Not just the look alike in Onimusha 3 but straight up Jean Reno.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

A guy with a gun and sword at the same time?

Well, since Jill and Wesker are basically Trinity and Neo you might as well complete the cast of the Matrix. So I propose Laurence Fishburne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjQkP1kpUGQ#t=1m10s

or blade i guess

Also fun trick I learned with Chris that is probably obvious to people who actually play him: end every single one of his blockstrings with the incendiary grenade. If they try to hit you the grenade blows up on them. It's both hilarious and annoying as hell alongside being one of the ways I think he's actually able to be "good" since it gives him a somewhat real pressure tool up close.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Lord Chumley posted:

With all the Megaman hints in Ultimate Capcom should just go right ahead and give the fans what they want.

Dr. Wily.

This would be fantastic.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Don't but Asura in this game because we already have Phoenix Wright for "token wacky interactive fiction character"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Heath posted:

This would be fantastic.

This would loving own, he could be like Tron but better.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
This DLC update rumor stirred up a lot of interest, so I really do hope this update is happening despite Capcom denying the rumor.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Cat Machine posted:

3DS games have the capability to be patched and receive DLC, it's just that no one has really bothered yet. iirc Nintendo said they are looking into DLC tracks and karts for MK7, but I imagine that was just lip service.

I know this is from the last page, but, I just want to mention that Nintendo announced that the newest Fire Emblem title will indeed be having DLC, so they do indeed have the ability to add DLC to the 3DS.

But, back on topic. If they do make a third iteration as the rumors are suggesting, I want Megaman.exe in, he has a lot more options I think when it comes to how he could play as a character than Classic. Plus, the Battle Network games were awesome.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Okay, what card do I have to get to constantly regenerate my health in Heroes and Heralds? I really like the concept of the mode, but it feels like every single person except me is just constantly healing their characters and it pisses me off.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I will never ever understand why they didn't allow H&H to be played locally.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Don't but Asura in this game because we already have Phoenix Wright for "token wacky interactive fiction character"

Yea but Asura might actually be high tier :laugh:

Don't quote me on this if I turn out to be wrong please

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Is there a good 'learn to play' website or resource for this? I just nabbed it for my Vita, and the game seems to be deeper than it lets on to be.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The wiki on SRK is a good place to check.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

5er posted:

Is there a good 'learn to play' website or resource for this? I just nabbed it for my Vita, and the game seems to be deeper than it lets on to be.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

5er posted:

Shoryuken Wiki and the BradyGames UMvC3 guide are good resources.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Liar Lyre posted:

The wiki on SRK is a good place to check.

The forums are also good, they have five billion threads for each individual character showing combos, strategies, videos, etc.

Pingoggia X
Feb 29, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I just can't stop thinking about kusoru's rocket raccoon play at Final Round. It really changed my mind in a fundamental way. He's playing with a different philosophy.

So I'm copier... I've been trying joe/rr/hidden missiles, since i don't know frank at all. It's very interesting, Joe's triple jump is similar to storm's SJ in vanilla... you can call assists from high. So interesting.

I've got SFxT PS3, but I don't even play it, I'm just messing with Joe and RR in training mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixJwCkqdpNc <- someone's "best of kusoru" youtube compilation clip

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

How do you make RR's OTG into super always connect midscreen? I'm doing

L M H 6H S, j. M, j. S, land, 623B, 623C, super.

but sometimes (no, a lot of the time), he's just too far away for bear trap to hit.

is there a dash after you land i'm not doing? i can never get it out fast enough when i try to dash.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Do his j.M closer to the ground.

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot

Elephunk posted:

How do you make RR's OTG into super always connect midscreen? I'm doing

L M H 6H S, j. M, j. S, land, 623B, 623C, super.

but sometimes (no, a lot of the time), he's just too far away for bear trap to hit.

is there a dash after you land i'm not doing? i can never get it out fast enough when i try to dash.

I've seen j.H instead of j.M work nearly every single time

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

I've seen j.H instead of j.M work nearly every single time

doing j.H j. S instead is making him fall a lot slower. Should I be delaying the inputs or doing them ASAP?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I've been trying to incorporate plink-dashing into my game, and I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. With Wesker, I'll do OTG gunshot, H~M, H~M to dash under and reset on the other side with cr.L, but I always get standing H after the two dashes. SOMETIMES it works if I hold Down and mash L, but usually I get dash-under > st.H, which is obviously not ideal.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
(⌐■_■)

( ಠ_ಠ)>⌐■-■

( ಠ_ಠ)

CHRRIIIIISSSSSS

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Is it even possible to have fun playing online? I just went online after a few days of practice with my Nova/Morrigan/Taskmaster team and even though I'm by no means the best player around, it's really lovely to be doing fairly well and then lose because some dude did ABC--> Level 3 and kill me with Wolverine or Wesker. I feel like I'm playing underwater when I play online, even with the best connection.

I should probably drop Morrigan if I want to play online :( How anybody manages to do any sort of fly-canceling combo online is completely beyond me.

edit:

the guide suggests this combo for Taskmaster:

quote:

its like cr.LMH --> web swing --> air M, M --> web swing --> M,M,S, land, st. m, h, charging star, delayed S, super jump, M, M, H, web swing, M,M,S, vertical jump, QCF+H (charge), QCF+MH

However, I can never reliably pick them up again with the standing M into H, charging star, and then launcher. Am I doing something obviously wrong? Is there a better BNB? How should I be getting in with Taskmaster solo? Whenever I webswing I usually end up getting killed by some random beam super or something to that effect. Can I cancel it into a block somehow?

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 14, 2012

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm convinced that half people online use macros on their controllers. I don't see how anybody can pull off these combos so perfectly every single time.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The best way to play online, at least in my experiences, is to pick randomly. Wanna mess about with MODOK? Wanna see if you can do some cool Tron stuff? Wonder if Joe can do some serious damage? Find out online. The less serious you are online, the more likely you are to have fun.

But seriously, MODOK is great to piss people off online.

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
How are you losing? Do you get out-zoned? Do you get overwhelmed when someone throws a technical combo at you? Do you drop your combos, or have trouble getting the first hit in? I would hone in on specific weaknesses, and try to improve from there.

Also, remember that UMvC3 is a game of shenanigans. If you aren't constantly accosting your foes with shenanigans, you aren't playing the game right!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
As a Morrigan player, don't be afraid to use her duplicate super and start throwing out Soul Fists in every direction. If you can get your timing right, you can actually bounce people back and forth between Soul Fists until they die and there's not a god drat thing they can do about it.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Smeego posted:

How are you losing? Do you get out-zoned? Do you get overwhelmed when someone throws a technical combo at you? Do you drop your combos, or have trouble getting the first hit in? I would hone in on specific weaknesses, and try to improve from there.

Also, remember that UMvC3 is a game of shenanigans. If you aren't constantly accosting your foes with shenanigans, you aren't playing the game right!

Mostly dropped combos. I even drop my combos a fair bit offline, as UMVC3 is the first fighting game I've ever played "seriously". My general game plan is use Taskmaster's forward arrow's assist to help Nova and Morrigan get in and just kind of play it by ear after that. I have some of Nova's combos down, excluding any that involve fly cancelling because I simply can't do them without an accidental TAC coming out or completely dropping the combo anyways. As for Morrigan, I've been playing her since Vanilla but she's varies at times from being the weakest link to being the only character I really know how to play. I will occasionally try to do Astral Vision zoning but as I find it really hard to fly-cancel consistently online, I end up with huge gaps in my Soul Fist spam wall.

I just picked up Taskmaster a few days ago and I'm having a hell of a time learning anything more advanced than what training mode taught me. I know you can get a relaunch using his arrows to OTG and Nova's overhead assist to ground bounce, but I definitely can't do it consistently at all. I don't know how to make his movement safe, and whenever I try to get in with him, I usually get caught by a Gimlet, or a Unibeam, or something.

I also have a lot of trouble with Vergil's teleports and how to punish them. If I just keep walking backwards when a Dante teleports, I'll end up behind them, but Vergil really confuses me. as does Wolverine and Wesker. I just can't keep them out.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Phenotype posted:

I've been trying to incorporate plink-dashing into my game, and I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. With Wesker, I'll do OTG gunshot, H~M, H~M to dash under and reset on the other side with cr.L, but I always get standing H after the two dashes. SOMETIMES it works if I hold Down and mash L, but usually I get dash-under > st.H, which is obviously not ideal.

I might be wrong but don't you have to hit down after the first dash. I've always gotten it to work by doing HM, 2, H~M, 2, H~M etc.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

There's been some talk about online mode, so I'm gonna put in my two cents as I'm grinding for the trophy that you get for passing 6th rank and then never playing this game online again.

Online, at least on PSN, it might actually be playable on XBL, is garbage. It pretty much amplifies everything that is wrong with this game in regards to piss easy characters. If you have a character that has advanced combos, or at least midly execution heavy ones, you will drop then online. In fact, I don't even think its possible to do certain combos online. When I do Iron Man's bnb, which has like a 2 or 3f flight link in it, the game actually lags when I go into flight mode and I drop the combo (I think the game WILL always lag when you go into flight mode because it happens to Sentinel and Morrigan as well). This is a combo I get all the time offline, but its impossible online. I see people playing Taskmaster online drop his poo poo because it has links in it to. Even Dante's baby's first fighting game combos drop online a lot.

Meanwhile, characters like Wesker, with extremely retard friendly combos, are still impossible to drop online, and his bullshit like 1f command grabs and teleports become MUCH harder to punish due to the massive latency. Online mode for this game is garbage, and its going to make the "cheap" stuff actually impossible to punish due to latency. In an offline match, there are ways to beat everything, but in online matches when the massive latency is introduced, the characters that are already the best poo poo over everyone even more, and characters that are tough to play become even tougher.

I haven't played KOF13 and I hear that game's netcode is garbage, but UMVC3 on PSN is certainly a big contender for worst netcode of all time.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I kind of hope we get a third Marvel 3 if only to fix the online, maybe make it rollback-based (but a little more stable than SFxT's).

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

I kind of hope we get a third Marvel 3 if only to fix the online, maybe make it rollback-based (but a little more stable than SFxT's).

Speaking of this, the rumor I heard regarding an update on a couple forums and such was that there won't be a DLC update, but balance patch during the summer. Did anyone else hear this?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

SpaceBees posted:

Speaking of this, the rumor I heard regarding an update on a couple forums and such was that there won't be a DLC update, but balance patch during the summer. Did anyone else hear this?

FChamp said on stream (I think during FGTV) the he has "inside sources" that tell him Zero is getting nerfed by Summer. What's interesting about this is that he said this before any of the Marvel 3X rumor poo poo started.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

Orange Crush Rush posted:

FChamp said on stream (I think during FGTV) the he has "inside sources" that tell him Zero is getting nerfed by Summer. What's interesting about this is that he said this before any of the Marvel 3X rumor poo poo started.

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking there is validity to this.

edit: A balance update, not a DLC one, though I'd like to see both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

SpaceBees posted:

Netcode poo poo.

I gotta say, I do agree with this. Despite Zero being my best character, and having no problems with any of his stuff offline, when it comes down to online stuff, I pretty much constantly drop just about everything short of the most basic poo poo. It's really aggravating when even the easy version of the lightning loop keeps dropping due to lag. When it comes to online, Vergil and Wesker, who in offline matches are used more for their assist potential than anything, keep winning me matches. It sucks seeing those hours of practice go to poo poo.

That being said, I hope FChamp is wrong. I just got some good poo poo with him that I can actually use, and now they're gonna get rid of it already, even if I don't have a chance to use it online. :(

• Locked thread