Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

bleep posted:

On the topic of TTT2, I just got a Bana Passport and played a few games before I went home and registered it. It remembered my wins and losses but I don't have any fight money. Do I have to have registered the card to an account before I receive fight money? I need to put a siren on Heihachi's head.

To answer my own question in case anyone is curious, once you have made an account with a Bana Passport online you start getting gold from fights. You get like 50 gold for beating ghosts and 1,000+ for beating other players in person. Heihachi head siren costs over 600,000 gold. :stare: I'm going to need to win a lot of jackpots.

It will be mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:

bleep posted:

To answer my own question in case anyone is curious, once you have made an account with a Bana Passport online you start getting gold from fights. You get like 50 gold for beating ghosts and 1,000+ for beating other players in person. Heihachi head siren costs over 600,000 gold. :stare: I'm going to need to win a lot of jackpots.

It will be mine.

Oh man I feel so loving stupid right now. I thought ttt2 was still in development and that namco was simply doing location tests still. But the game has long been out in the arcades? Curse my town and its non arcade-ness

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

washow posted:

Oh man I feel so loving stupid right now. I thought ttt2 was still in development and that namco was simply doing location tests still. But the game has long been out in the arcades? Curse my town and its non arcade-ness

It might not be out depending on where you live. I live in Australia and my local arcade got it last month. I don't think USA is getting TTT2 in arcades until TTT2 Unlimited is released.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
Huh that sucks. Shows how popular tekken is in US I guess.

Are they waiting to finished up that ttt2 unlimited so they can release that for the console ttt2?

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

washow posted:

Huh that sucks. Shows how popular tekken is in US I guess.

Are they waiting to finished up that ttt2 unlimited so they can release that for the console ttt2?

Yep, they did the same thing with Tekken 6.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'd be surprised if UK gets a single Tag2 arcade machine. Harada's here all the time, but there's only one T6BR machine that I'm aware of and that probably doesn't make as much money as the Tag1 machine next to it.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
So apparently Teddie has a win pose that reveals his terrible secret :gonk:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

dj_de posted:

So apparently Teddie has a win pose that reveals his terrible secret :gonk:

You mean where he's cosplaying as Alice? Teddie's win poses are all amazing, and he's still Based Bear in my book.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Caved in and bought SFxT. It's gonna take a while to get used to cuz damnit I hate normal -> normal links when I feel like I'm supposed to be playing a chain combo fighter.

Thinking of going with Lili / Juri but I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet outside of really simple combos like Lili's chain into EX twirl -> wallbounce -> peacock string thing, or chain combo into launcher with Lili then MK -> super with Juri.

WuChou
Aug 28, 2002

Cosmic.

bleep posted:

Has there been any rumoring as to when this might be? I really want to play TTT2. :(

Question Mark Mound posted:

Caved in and bought SFxT. It's gonna take a while to get used to cuz damnit I hate normal -> normal links when I feel like I'm supposed to be playing a chain combo fighter.

Thinking of going with Lili / Juri but I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet outside of really simple combos like Lili's chain into EX twirl -> wallbounce -> peacock string thing, or chain combo into launcher with Lili then MK -> super with Juri.

You can probably get more in-depth help if you want in the SFxT thread. But offhand a good ender for Lili's juggles off something like wallbounce that's not too hard is LK Angel Knee (might be able to do two), st.HP xx LK Sunflower Lancer and its kicks followup. If you have a hard time hitting the st.HP you can sub cr.MK xx LK Sunflower for a much easier link and little difference in damage.

WuChou fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 12, 2012

dat fukkin dog!!
Dec 17, 2008
I can't wait to touch myself on the 14th, which in the United States of the Americas is VALENTINE'S DAY just like Skullgirls and short skirts and oh my god oh so excited.

WuChou posted:

Has there been any rumoring as to when this might be? I really want to play TTT2. :(

Ive heard october

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

WuChou posted:

You can probably get more in-depth help if you want in the SFxT thread. But offhand a good ender for Lili's juggles off something like wallbounce that's not too hard is LK Angel Knee (might be able to do two), st.HP xx LK Sunflower Lancer and its kicks followup. If you have a hard time hitting the st.HP you can sub cr.MK xx LK Sunflower for a much easier link and little difference in damage.
Awesome, thanks. I dunno how much damage is considered "good" in this game but getting from a cr.LK to 327dmg with one EX move doesn't seem too bad for something I've been making up on my own.

I can only seem to land a HK Angel Knee off a wallbouce and then nothing after that bit I'll keep trying!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Awesome, thanks. I dunno how much damage is considered "good" in this game but getting from a cr.LK to 327dmg with one EX move doesn't seem too bad for something I've been making up on my own.

I can only seem to land a HK Angel Knee off a wallbouce and then nothing after that bit I'll keep trying!

Off of wallbounce I usually just do l.angel knee, c.mk xx dendrobium.

General advice on that team, start with Juri first. She doesn't rely on meter like Lily. A decent bnb is c.mk xx m.pinwheel. cross cancel into lily l.angel knee, l.angel knee, st.HP xx LK Sunflower Lancer + follow up. Cost of 1 meter, builds almost 3/4, 426 dmg.

Meter is king in SFxT, don't waste it on ex moves unless you have to or the move has certain properties that apply to the situation.

Head over to the SFxT thread if you want more advice.

bleep posted:

Have they ever said why they do this?

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 12, 2012

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Mega Comrade posted:

Off of wallbounce I usually just do l.angel knee, c.mk xx dendrobium.

General advice on that team, start with Juri first. She doesn't rely on meter like Lily. A decent bnb is c.mk xx m.pinwheel. cross cancel into lily l.angel knee, l.angel knee, st.HP xx LK Sunflower Lancer + follow up. Cost of 1 meter, builds almost 3/4, 426 dmg.

Meter is king in SFxT, don't waste it on ex moves unless you have to or the move has certain properties that apply to the situation.

Head over to the SFxT thread if you want more advice.
Thanks, I'll try to practise that combo later in the week. Heading to bed now, then there's a session on tomorrow - after that I'll give the thread a look.

Basic stuff like cr.MP, cr.MP links still screw me up since I'm so used to chain combo fighters so I guess I just gotta sit down and grind it out.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Mega Comrade posted:

Have they ever said why they do this?

Brosnan posted:

because Tekken thrives in Japanese arcades and Namco uses it as an opportunity to refine the poo poo out of the game before putting a "final" version out on consoles.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Ahh missed that cheers. I suppose that sort of business model is actually viable in Japan.

doctor/prostitute
Sep 30, 2004

You really ought to lock that down

Thanks, I'll try to practise that combo later in the week. Heading to bed now, then there's a session on tomorrow - after that I'll give the thread a look.

Basic stuff like cr.MP, cr.MP links still screw me up since I'm so used to chain combo fighters so I guess I just gotta sit down and grind it out.

I've been playing Lili too so I'll throw out some combos I've been using.

BnBs:

(f+mk xx st.mp),(st.lp xx f+mp xx st.mk)xx lk knee, lk knee, cr.hp xx lk sunflower

Basic hitconfirm using two of her tekken chains, the first part is safe and super easy to confirm, but knees whiff on crouchers so they need to be standing. You can also swap the (f+mk xx st.mp) chain for a f+hk which is an overhead that forces standing, but the link to st.lp is 2 frames so you'll need to practice it a little before using it.

(LMH chain) xx ex denbro, (dash forward), lk knee, cr.hp xx lk sunflower

Similar to above, does slightly more damage, uses one meter and hits crouching opponents. Obviously you omit the dash in the corner, but I imagine most partners can get more damage from a tag launcher > teammate corner combo > tag cancel back to Lili for the same meter cost in the corner.

cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mk xx lk sunflower

This works as a combo or a blockstring/mixup since cr.mk hits low and sunflower hits overhead, but don't abuse it too much or you can get punished hard for it, especially once people become more familiar with Lili. If you're looking for something to buffer into the cr.mk when poking I'd use denbro rather than sunflower since it's safe.

Post tag:

lk knee, cr.hp xx lk sunflower

Basic stuff, works anywhere for ok damage and knockdown. Use cr.hp instead of st.hp, it comes out quicker.

Anti-airs:

Andante, lk knee, cr.hp xx lk sunflower

Andante is her df+hk command normal, it has an amazing hitbox and I'm pretty sure some kind of upper body invincibility because it never seems to trade at all. This combo nets you ~300 damage off a basic meterless anti-air.

Andante, cr.hp xx ex feisty rabbit (hk followup), cr.hp xx lk sunflower

Same setup as above, this gets you ~400 damage for one meter if your opponent is dumb enough to jump at you.

My current team is Rufus/Lili and I've been using the following for my mid-screen BnB starting with Rufus:

st.hp xx hp tornado (tag cancel), feisty rabbit (hk followup), Andante, cr.hp xx lk sunflower

This does around 500 damage depending on exactly how I start it and uses one bar. I'm not entirely happy using Andante in the middle of the combo like that but I haven't been able to find a reliable way to get a knee in there instead. I imagine you could get a similar combo using one of Juri's pinwheels but the feisty rabbit into hk followup is really slow so you might need to work on the timing.

For any of the above combos you should be able to replace cr.hp xx lk sunflower with cr.hp xx team super or cr.mp xx super (note the cr.mp there, cr.hp won't get the full animation) for a little extra damage, but scaling makes it not really worth the bar unless it's going to finish them off.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has a good combo for following up a raw ex knee, I've just been doing the standard lk knee, cr.hp xx lk sunflower but I haven't bothered to see if you can get anything better.

Edit: Whoops, I thought this was the SFxT thread, guess I'll go post this there.

doctor/prostitute fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 13, 2012

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Mega Comrade posted:

Ahh missed that cheers. I suppose that sort of business model is actually viable in Japan.

We get a better game in the long run, so it kinda works out. The wait sucks in the meantime, though.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone decipher what Tom Brady is talking about here? My Drama to English translation skills aren't that great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g6LSGu0DY0

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

The Rokstar posted:

Can someone decipher what Tom Brady is talking about here? My Drama to English translation skills aren't that great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g6LSGu0DY0

If I had to guess I'd say he wanted to work with MLG but they didn't like his reputation? Or maybe a stream monster killed his dog, idk.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Need a new one. Something easy to get into but deep and challenging to master. I've heard mixed things about sf x trekken and I'm not really invested in the trekken world at all.

Can anyone please advise?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Do you really need to be invested in fluff and aesthetics to get into a game? I mean, I don't really give a poo poo about fluff and art in Guilty Gear or Street Fighter, but I play those games because they're really fun. Matter of fact, I hate the fluff in GG and it's absolute garbage. My favourite Street Fighter, Alpha 2 looks poo poo in my opinion, but it's my favourite for a reason.

Or did you not like how the Tekken characters play?

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 13, 2012

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

uncleKitchener posted:

Do you really need to be invested in fluff and aesthetics to get into a game? I mean, I don't really give a poo poo about fluff and art in Guilty Gear or Street Fighter, but I play those games because they're really fun. Matter of fact, I hate the fluff in GG and it's absolute garbage. My favourite Street Fighter, Alpha 2 looks poo poo in my opinion, but it's my favourite for a reason.

No lie, Guilty Gear has one of the stupidest stories I've ever seen in a fighting game, with SF Alpha 3 and BlazBlue below it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

PalmTreeFun posted:

No lie, Guilty Gear has one of the stupidest stories I've ever seen in a fighting game, with SF Alpha 3 and BlazBlue below it.

The story in AC is really funny. It's like 50% innuendo.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

beergod posted:

Need a new one. Something easy to get into but deep and challenging to master. I've heard mixed things about sf x trekken and I'm not really invested in the trekken world at all.

Play Immaterial and Missing Power. (There's maybe 100 people in the US who still play this game. It owns.)

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

interrodactyl posted:

Play Immaterial and Missing Power. (There's maybe 100 people in the US who still play this game. It owns.)

Less. It does own though, although the "easy to get into" part is tenuous at best.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Waterbed posted:

The story in AC is really funny. It's like 50% innuendo.

I wouldn't know, I only played #Reload.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

beergod posted:

Probably KOFXIII actually.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

uncleKitchener posted:

I'd say more people get into the fluff than don't. I know back in my teenage years I knew the plots to Street Fighter, GG, and Tekken (up to the point I stopped playing I guess).

Lately though, not really. I really wouldn't be able to tell you what the backstories are for any Skullgirls characters or the reason why anything happens in Tekken. All I know about Blazblue is there's some black beast that does poo poo sometimes. A combination of "that's not the focus of the game" and "this is pretty mediocre storytelling at best" is what probably did that in.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think that cool looking art and characters makes a fighting game more fun, but the story is always bad and doesn't matter.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Lately though, not really. I really wouldn't be able to tell you what the backstories are for any Skullgirls characters or the reason why anything happens in Tekken. All I know about Blazblue is there's some black beast that does poo poo sometimes. A combination of "that's not the focus of the game" and "this is pretty mediocre storytelling at best" is what probably did that in.

Blazblue has the best story.

You have the main character Ragna the Bloodedge
*He is probably the most sane and levelheaded of all characters, along with Tager.
*The arm he got to replace the arm cut off by his crazy brother when he young in an orphanage is the remains of a demon from the past that was formed by him and a clone of his sister fusing together in an alternate time line in the future to go to the past.
*His other arm he loses by making his own arm explode for an attack is remade from the remains of another clone of his sister who's mind was taken over by the one who was the same one that fused with him to form the demon in the other timeline.
*The coat and the jacket were pasted down from a future self where after part of him was fused into the demon of the past he also goes into the past who calls himself Bloodedge to kill the demon that is also part of him or something and in the process takes on a younger version of his master as his apprentice and teaches him how to fight.
**Note this means his Jacket and Coat are stuck in a time loop.
*Did I mention he is half-vampire as well.
*I think maybe a cyborg as well because he uses the idea engine but holy gently caress is it confusing.

ShinsoBEAM! fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 13, 2012

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

*He is probably the most sane and levelheaded of all characters, along with Tager.
*The arm he got to replace the arm cut off by his crazy brother when he young in an orphanage is the remains of a demon from the past that was formed by him and a clone of his sister fusing together in an alternate time line in the future to go to the past.
*His other arm he loses by making his own arm explode for an attack is remade from the remains of another clone of his sister who's mind was taken over by the one who was the same one that fused with him to form the demon in the other timeline.
*The coat and the jacket were pasted down from a future self where after part of him was fused into the demon of the past he also goes into the past who calls himself Bloodedge to kill the demon that is also part of him or something and in the process takes on a younger version of his master as his apprentice and teaches him how to fight.
*I think maybe a cyborg as well because he uses the idea engine but holy gently caress is it confusing.

I am running to the Let's Play Blazblue thread.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Blazblue's story is great because there's like 4 important characters yet you can go through story mode as all of them and accomplish nothing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

Hahahahahaha holy poo poo. BlazBlue is the god drat craziest. I stopped playing after CT so I had no idea it went off the deep end like this.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Fonzarelli posted:

I think that cool looking art and characters makes a fighting game more fun, but the story is always bad and doesn't matter.

Basic backstories can usually be pretty cool, too.

Complicated backstories or ongoing plots is where Fighting Game Story Mode tends to :downs: out critically

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
I havn't played Extend so I have no idea where the plot goes in that game. But yeah I liked how in Blazblue CT they basically canonized every single random vs fight because it was all in the time loop.

Ybrik posted:

I am running to the Let's Play Blazblue thread.

Don't miss Tager's joke ending with Bang it is a sight to behold.

ShinsoBEAM! fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 13, 2012

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Broke down and went with SF x Tekken. Digging it so far. I'm terrible at it, of course, but it seems less ridiculous than MvC3.

Getting the Guide and putting in work, son.

beergod92109 on Xbox Live if anyone wants to game.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

You know what the problem with anime-like stuff is? You can post descriptions like this, then go play/watch it and it's the stupidest, 4kids-iest poo poo ever.

Like, I can't believe people watch FLCL and enjoy that poo poo, and that's about as ridiculous as you can get. Or Panty and Stocking.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
Ok Mitsuru you can do damage now http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=FLFT0RcTk1QyOS97A2ANx-rw&feature=player_detailpage&v=e-AJemddqbI#t=138s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

PalmTreeFun posted:

You know what the problem with anime-like stuff is? You can post descriptions like this, then go play/watch it and it's the stupidest, 4kids-iest poo poo ever.

Like, I can't believe people watch FLCL and enjoy that poo poo, and that's about as ridiculous as you can get. Or Panty and Stocking.

If you can't distinguish between those shows and Blazblue, yes, I can see how you'd be confused.

• Locked thread