Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

rickiep00h posted:

This is basically what I imagined I had built with my M-Tron as a kid :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Monster w21 Faces posted:

:siren:Marvel sets are now up for pre-order.:siren:

I hope those are representative of the actual figures, Deadpool has some wonderful details, like the thigh pouches and the neck-strap.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

BizarroAzrael posted:

I hope those are representative of the actual figures, Deadpool has some wonderful details, like the thigh pouches and the neck-strap.

The neck strap is for his sword. So he can hold it on his back.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sexual Lorax posted:

Holy poo poo, if I was a Marvel exec, I'd be screaming into a phone right now and wouldn't stop until Lego changed that or I died. Hell, even if I died, I'd keep screaming into the phone from beyond the grave.

Well someone must have yelled their rear end off cause unless I'm blind, they're not on the LEGO site anymore.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, that M:TRON city shot brought a tear to my eye. I loved those sets.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh look, it's a Ninjago set I'll actually buy. He can do battle with my Pharaoh's cobra.
Are you insinuating there are Ninjago sets that aren't awesome? This is the series that includes the RATTLECOPTER, mind you.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Where are the Marvel sets up for pre-order at?

Here's some of my own shots from the thing:

Testro
May 2, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

To this day I regret only grabbing one set of the Creator gator.

Yeah, me too. I only got him the other day, and decided to put together the other builds first because I knew I would be unlikely to take the gator apart once he's built, and it felt a waste of a Creator set if I didn't give all the options a go.

...only now I have an awesome dinosaur staring at me, refusing to be pulled apart.

So I started building Hillside House instead!

Photos of the event are awesome, guys - thanks for sharing.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
The Lego DC Universe site has been down all day since that Marvel mix up. The Disney lawyers were probably airdropped into Denmark. :ohdear:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

The Rage posted:

Well someone must have yelled their rear end off cause unless I'm blind, they're not on the LEGO site anymore.

Yeah, it may have been a mistake to put them live when the branding wasn't sorted out yet. They're still on the UK site though if you want a look (http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Super-Heroes-ByTheme) Although I do wonder if they're not suposed to be there for a few more days when double points is over.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I saw the Hoth game in the store yesterday (Aus), but it didn't really say anything about how the game is played. There also isn't anything about it on the Lego site. Anyone know the ruleset?

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

This is basically what I imagined I had built with my M-Tron as a kid :allears:

Indeed. Towers, monorail, ships, vehicles, a friggin' mining drill -- childhood heaven right there. I can't begin to imagine how much money Lego could make if they reintroduced the M-Tron (or even the other classic Space) line(s). Probably enough to buy a small country, or a chain of Pacific islands.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I picked up 6 series 6's today. Two flamenco, Lady Liberty, Roman Soldier, Alien and space lady. The lego store at Barton creek was really packed today and I saw a lot of people actually purchasing the Friends line. I was tempted to buy the lighthouse but didn't have enough money. :(

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I think I'm going to pick up my first Star Wars set in about 10 years. Which is best: the X-Wing, Y-Wing, or TIE Fighter? I'm kind of drawn to the X-Wing because it's so swooshable, but Y-Wings are always fun. Or should I just save my Lego budget for another month and get the Millennium Falcon?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I can only tell you that the X-Wing is a much more interesting kit than the Y Wing, the Y Wing is kinda dull, especially compared to the really interestingly engineered X Wing.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Looks like they just completely disabled the Super Heroes page on Lego.com for now. Wow, that's a pretty major fuckup.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

FadingChord posted:

I think I'm going to pick up my first Star Wars set in about 10 years. Which is best: the X-Wing, Y-Wing, or TIE Fighter? I'm kind of drawn to the X-Wing because it's so swooshable, but Y-Wings are always fun. Or should I just save my Lego budget for another month and get the Millennium Falcon?

Go X-Wing. It's a neat build, and is totally fun to play with, and it'll get you addicted to where you'll just buy the other ones.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

The thigh pouches and hidden feet on Dead Pool have me laughing my rear end off.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Anyone else think one of the Avengers sets is possibly spoilery?

Hawkeye driving Loki's escape vehicle

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Lizard Combatant posted:

Anyone else think one of the Avengers sets is possibly spoilery?

Hawkeye driving Loki's escape vehicle

Well, in the comics Hawkeye started out as a villain and then reformed to being a hero and eventually an Avenger. I honestly forgot they were making a movie about the Avengers until you said something about spoilers, so I have no idea what will happen there, but that's his cannon character arc.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Hey guy, I spoilered that for a reason.

Right, but in these films he's already been established as an Avenger (or at least working for SHIELD) so I'm guessing he'll betray them. If that's the case, what the hell Lego?! Or... it could just be trying to cram all the characters into the sets. They're certainly giving us value for money minifig-wise.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

rickiep00h posted:

The power of magnets! :swoon:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Right, but in these films he's already been established as an Avenger (or at least working for SHIELD) so I'm guessing he'll betray them. If that's the case, what the hell Lego?! Or... it could just be trying to cram all the characters into the sets. They're certainly giving us value for money minifig-wise.

It's a goddamn cosmic cube though. Loki's using its unlimited power to do anything to mind control Hawkeye into stealing a car and picking him up at the front door! :downs:

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Grabbed a bunch of S6 minifigs today. Ended up with Lady Liberty, Flamenco Dancer, 2 William Wallaces, 2 Minotaurs, a Grey, a Leprechaun, a Surgeon, a Mechanic, a Genie, and the Robot.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Lizard Combatant posted:

Don't forget that Loki Is the god of tricks, treachery and general sneakiness. Maybe Hawkeye gets mind controlled or duped some other way to break Loki out.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I'm glad someone got some shots of that huge castle completed. It was only a few bricks in when we got there Saturday. I think those mega blocks (if you'll excuse the phrase) were some of the most impressive things there. Did any of you happen to get pictures of the completed mosaics? My son did a square for a Tigger one but they hadn't put it together yet when we left.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Mar 13, 2012

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

I'm pretty sure I'd know the answer to this if I read this thread more, but do you people use Lego Digital Designer? 'Cause I found it a few days ago and can't stop building poo poo.

I mean, seriously, my free time is gone - I hardly have time to look at the Internet at all. :gonk:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Occasionally. For instance I just knocked this up last night:

Well not really, it was posted on Eurobricks and is insane (it's 26,000 pieces). A few people in this thread do LDD stuff. I think a lot of serious MOC makers use it for prototyping as well. Eurobricks has a subforum dedicated to it and there's this big subculture around it. Like people who redo official sets in it.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 13, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Youtube designer video on 10225 LEGO R2-D2

quote:

Come with us as we take an exclusive look at the never before seen 10225 R2-D2™, the latest exclusive LEGO® Star Wars™ set! We'll talk with Mike and Kurt, the talented LEGO® designers who brought this awesome model to life in LEGO® bricks. The R2-D2 set will be available directly through LEGO® beginning in May 2012 via shop.LEGO.com and at LEGO® Stores. Visit shop.LEGO.com for more details on this amazing model!

Presenting the Ultimate Collector Series R2-D2™ -- the best-loved droid in the Star Wars galaxy!

Presenting the iconic R2-D2 as you've never seen him before! Everyone's favorite droid from the Star Wars galaxy is now part of the Ultimate Collector Series and features fantastic detailing, such as retractable third leg, front panels that open to reveal a universal computer interface arm and a circular saw, rotating head and 2 fold-out front spacecraft linkage control arms. With the included fact plaque and R2-D2 minifigure, this diminutive model is the perfect addition to your LEGO® Star Wars™ collection!

• Ultimate Collector Series R2-D2™!
• Features retractable third leg!
• Front panels open to reveal a universal computer interface arm and circular saw!
• Features realistic rotating head!
• R2-D2 features 2 fold-out front spacecraft linkage control arms!
• Includes fact plaque and R2-D2 minifigure!
• Measures over 12" (31 cm) high and 7" (18 cm) wide!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

djfooboo posted:

I need it. I've been waiting for a UCS R2-D2 ever since I bought the lovely programmable R2-D2 ten loving years ago.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Great. Now I want some couscous. I hope you're happy, thread title changer. :colbert:

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
So I just finished building 10231 Shuttle Expedition. It's honestly one of the most fun builds I've done in awhile.

There's some clever use of bricks, a lot of neat functionality in the shuttle itself, and only a little repetition (in the boosters).

Totally worth the $100 price-tag, plus it looks awesome.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Gravy Jones posted:

Occasionally. For instance I just knocked this up last night:

Well not really, it was posted on Eurobricks and is insane (it's 26,000 pieces). A few people in this thread do LDD stuff. I think a lot of serious MOC makers use it for prototyping as well. Eurobricks has a subforum dedicated to it and there's this big subculture around it. Like people who redo official sets in it.

Two of those ruined buildings would be cool enough for like, a microscale Detroit or something. This is just :catstare:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

djfooboo posted:

That didn't last long. Showing as private now. Maybe wasn't supposed to be posted yet?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Friar Zucchini posted:

I'm pretty sure I'd know the answer to this if I read this thread more, but do you people use Lego Digital Designer? 'Cause I found it a few days ago and can't stop building poo poo.

I mean, seriously, my free time is gone - I hardly have time to look at the Internet at all. :gonk:
By all means, post what you've made!

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

smackfu posted:

That didn't last long. Showing as private now. Maybe wasn't supposed to be posted yet?

Someone managed to snag a low-res version of it before it got pulled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shmOjlWKIEg

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

chaosbreather posted:

Someone managed to snag a low-res version of it before it got pulled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shmOjlWKIEg

This loving rules

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yeah, you should definitely watch that video to the end.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Day one purchase and day two will be putting some power function motors in it to make it mobile. If only there was a way to put your sounds on a lego sound brick then I would be really happy.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So does anyone else think we'll see that haunted house that was sorta displayed in the last one of these videos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Haunted House is apparently a part of the monster fighters line and not modular housing so it will likely be released the same time as the rest of the monsters stuff.