Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Plucky Brit posted:

You've been reading too much Malazan.

"A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone." --Rand Al'Thor, from The Name of the Wind, Volume 5 of The Riftwar Saga.

hm, didn't mean to snype with that, but you know, I think that'll start this page discussion nicely.

Asbury fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

whowhatwhere posted:

Littlefinger has control of the least-damaged 'kingdom' of all, nominal control over the Riverlands, a nearly-impregnable defensive position (to all except the zombies up north) and several aces up his sleeves...and control over his transferred crush (:gonk:).

Not to mention that he's about to launch a scheme that'll grab him control of the North and probably cement the remaining resistance in the Riverlands to him via Sansa's ancestry. Control over three kingdoms is pretty drat impressive.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

3Romeo posted:

Dreadlock Jesus

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

3Romeo posted:

hm, didn't mean to snype with that, but you know, I think that'll start this page discussion nicely.
The two blonds look like they should be carrying Flying Vs instead of bows.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

3Romeo posted:

Er, isn't that the cast from Sword of Shanara?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Yes. There is not one thing right in that post.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

IRQ, Kylaer -- I have my hotel. We need to talk meet-up. I'll try to be around IRC today; if I'm absent, go ahead and PM or e-mail me.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Gurmtalk.

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...
Hot dogs. Football. Lemon cake. GURM! :argh:

Podrick Payne is Ned's second(?) bastard and a secret Stark.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
"Breastmilk, lemon cakes, Xhondo's boat. You won't go down cause my pink fleshy mast can float.

Boats n hoes
Boats n hoes
I gotta have me my boats n hoes"

-Samwell Tarly, A Feast for Crows, Chapter 36

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Football? I met up with Peyton Manning last week. No big deal. Nicest guy ever. Not a Nice Guy though. Told him about GRRM. Everything. Work ethic, shitdick, desire to fondle Eli Manning. Peyton was disgusted, and cancelled his trip to New York, pulled the Jets offer right off the table.

Then Mark Sanchez got extended. You can thank me later.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I'm on a boat motherfucker take a look at me
Straight flowin on a boat on the deep blue sea
Bustin five knots, wind whippin out my coat
You can't stop me motherfucker cause I'm on a boat
- Victarion Greyjoy

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

I'm on a boat motherfucker take a look at me
Straight flowin on a boat on the deep blue sea
Bustin five knots, wind whippin out my coat
You can't stop me motherfucker cause I'm on a boat
- Victarion Greyjoy

I literally listened to this every time a Victarion chapter popped up. It fit so well.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Actually, Victarion's theme song is Fathoms Below from The Little Mermaid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A3Yr0XNzDE

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

GRRM was in Toronto this past weekend being interviewed by the Space channel. I'd upload the photo, but imgur is being a dipshit right now, so trust me; it was grrim.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

GRRM was in Toronto this past weekend being interviewed by the Space channel. I'd upload the photo, but imgur is being a dipshit right now, so trust me; it was grrim.

Space? He certainly takes up a lot.

:downsrim:

Absolute Fucker has his own gravity.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Im sort of defending grrm in the malazan thread, I feel dirty so someone slap me

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

basx
Aug 16, 2004

Sassy old man!
Hand on girl's shoulder, hand not on man's shoulder. Color me shocked. I bet she went home and took a scalding hot shower to wash off the creepy.

Seriously, look at it. It's lurking there like a spider hanging from its web.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I just noticed the turtle pin on his hat. He really does love his "nerd living in a VW Beetle" WC character, doesn't he?

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4175829411

quote:

I need tips for how to advance in video games while I'm in school periods.

After I leave from school and go to my house, I do my homework and everything, I even read one or two chapter of Game of Thrones. Then I start playing video games. My problem is that I have so many long games worth spending time right now (like Skyrim that I've not finished yet and AC: Revelations), that I cannot seem to find a way to distribute time to each of the games, with the few time I have.

I sometimes feel like I finish too late games compared to everyone and it's kinda frustrating.

lol nerd

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

I just noticed the turtle pin on his hat.

Maybe it was a gift from Terry Pratchett. Maybe as a sign to the GURM that he might want to actually start writing before he dies.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Every time I see a picture of GURRM I recoil in instinctive horror. I have no idea how either of those people are controlling themselves long enough for that photo.

Maybe it's the snake and the bird thing. He sees you and you just fall into his black, beady eyes and the next thing you know you're waking up in an alley covered in lard and lemon custard and lying in a sea of your own bloody feces.

My god someone save that woman

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

empty sea posted:

Every time I see a picture of GURRM I recoil in instinctive horror. I have no idea how either of those people are controlling themselves long enough for that photo.

Maybe it's the snake and the bird thing. He sees you and you just fall into his black, beady eyes and the next thing you know you're waking up in an alley covered in lard and lemon custard and lying in a sea of your own bloody feces.

My god someone save that woman

Wait...

that's a woman?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Does anyone know if "they killed my nigga Ned" guy ended up reading the books?

I'm giddy with anticipation for watching the weeping and wailing of non-readers in TVIV/elsewhere.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Does anyone know if "they killed my nigga Ned" guy ended up reading the books?

I'm giddy with anticipation for watching the weeping and wailing of non-readers in TVIV/elsewhere.

No he says he won't read the books at all (or at least until HBO is done with the series) to keep his perspective as close to a new viewer as possible.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Breast size breakdown: GRRM > bald dude > actual woman.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Fog Tripper posted:

Wait...

that's a woman?

That was my first thought, actually. After I cringed back in my seat at the sight of GURM in all his greasy glory.

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

bigmcgaffney posted:

Im sort of defending grrm in the malazan thread, I feel dirty so someone slap me

Malazan being kinda bad cancels out any need to defend GRRM.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Mar 13, 2012

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Dead Man Posting posted:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4175829411

lol nerd

I don't know, reading the Battle net forums is pretty nerdy...

Don't hurt me.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Heard GRRM doing an interview on NPR last night, and holy God, the man says Yuge and Yuman and other awful dropped H pronounciations. His worst crime against Yumanity, as far as I'm concerned.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cervixalot posted:

Heard GRRM doing an interview on NPR last night, and holy God, the man says Yuge and Yuman and other awful dropped H pronounciations. His worst crime against Yumanity, as far as I'm concerned.

The bluray features were the first time I've seen him in motion/speak.

Chilling stuff.

TheManWithNoName posted:

No he says he won't read the books at all (or at least until HBO is done with the series) to keep his perspective as close to a new viewer as possible.

This owns.

8 episodes of Joffrey abusing Sansa and being a horrible monster, to the dismay of everyone, then in Ep 9 we finally get the huge battle where Joffrey finally gets what's coming to him... And he WINS.

And then Ep 10 they burn down Winterfell.

The butthurt is going to register previously-unthought levels.

(oh, and Dany literally does nothing)

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 13, 2012

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

He also talked about angry and impatient fans, and how he sympathizes because he had to wait 8-9 months for The Two Towers to come out as a kid.

He implies Wow will be a shorter wait than both Dance and Feast.

This loving guy.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

He also talked about angry and impatient fans, and how he sympathizes because he had to wait 8-9 months for The Two Towers to come out as a kid.

He implies Wow will be a shorter wait than both Dance and Feast.

This loving guy.

That sure is optimistic of him, isn't it?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Urdnot Fire posted:

That sure is optimistic of him, isn't it?

"It should take less than 6 years."

Thanks, fucker.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tony Danza Claus posted:

"It should take less than 6 years."

Thanks, fucker.

I think he meant less than the two books combined.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 13, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ZearothK posted:

I think he meant less than the two both books combined.

Absolute shitass miserable fucker.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
What should we assume if he says less then 6 years after claiming it would be only 1 after feast :ohdear:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

smarion2 posted:

What should we assume if he says less then 6 years after claiming it would be only 1 after feast :ohdear:

Assuming 1 GRRM year = 6 real years:

(x<6) • 6 = any time less than 36 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
It is known. It's official fellas the book is never coming out. Burn the thread.