Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

uglynoodles posted:

(A pre-emptive shyaddup and wait for those who might complain about a slow setup. It's ten minutes to 5AM. I'm going to (actually) update tomorrow. Feels good to be writing about all this poo poo.)

This is in no way a slow setup! It may not involve brain-demons fighting on the astral plane, but holy poo poo, an early-twentysomething who freaks out about even slight innuendo but accepts the advances of a near-40 dude with a strong sex drive? This poo poo is rocket fuel. Take your time, but I don't think I'm speaking for myself alone when I say that I want to hear this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

the kawaiiest posted:

Sure but the word "paganism" is associated with pre-Christian Europe more than anything else these days and Corridor did mention Great Britain so it's not too hard to figure out what he's talking about.

Yeah and pre-Christian Europe or even just Britain alone had a shitload of unique and different religions going on, so basically saying anything is "real Pagan" doesn't make any kind of historical sense.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

uglynoodles posted:

(A pre-emptive shyaddup and wait for those who might complain about a slow setup. It's ten minutes to 5AM. I'm going to (actually) update tomorrow. Feels good to be writing about all this poo poo.)

But I want to read it nowwwww :(

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Install Gentoo posted:

Yeah and pre-Christian Europe or even just Britain alone had a shitload of unique and different religions going on, so basically saying anything is "real Pagan" doesn't make any kind of historical sense.
By "real pagan" he simply meant "not neopagan". I don't understand why that's so hard for you to understand.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

the kawaiiest posted:

By "real pagan" he simply meant "not neopagan". I don't understand why that's so hard for you to understand.
Christianitiy isn't neopagan. :engleft:

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Yeah, to a christian like myself, it's all pagans, and it's all silly. Now please, back to anime nonsense. Caveat: I find my own beliefs quite silly.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Colon V posted:

Christianitiy isn't neopagan. :engleft:
Fine, "non-neopagan paganism" then.

Anyway here's some more random facts about Jeff that I didn't mention on my last post:

- He carried a small black velvet bag with toenail clippings in his pocket.
- He claimed that he could make any woman fall in love with him, and when asked why he was single, he said it was because "women are too distracting".
- He once asked a girl if he could have some of her menstrual blood for a ritual
- He claimed that he was able to control the weather but most of the time he "just didn't feel like it"

He'd also say that he felt sorry for the teachers at the school because it must be hard to teach someone who has "raw talent" and is a better artist than they could ever hope to be.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

- He claimed that he could make any woman fall in love with him, and when asked why he was single, he said it was because "women are too distracting".

- He claimed that he was able to control the weather but most of the time he "just didn't feel like it"

Oh my God, Jeff was the laziest wizard. The concept that this dude thought he had supernatural powers but couldn't even be bothered to use them is frankly amazing to me. Did he also claim that he just hadn't bothered to use his staggering artistic talent if someone gave him critique he couldn't deflect?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

teh winnar! posted:

Dunno about this particular person, but there are some that believe that since gender is a performance, the ability to have the body assignment, presentation, and performance as separate things are part of their expression of gender theory.

It's actually got a lot of interesting stuff behind it if you want to get all academic on it, but so often it's done instead by people who just want to be special and unique snowflakes.
I find gender theory interesting, although I'm woefully ignorant about a lot of it. In this case, I believe her character had some back story that required him to sometimes dress in drag, so I'm really not sure if it was gender performance or a reenacting of stories she'd written about him, or just an attempt to stand out in a sea of furry foxes. In any case, it opened my eyes to a whole new world.

uglynoodles posted:

HELLO, VIRGIN HERE!
Ack, that would drive me around the bend. If someone's not comfortable with sex, that's perfectly fine, but they shouldn't have to constantly make sure everyone's just as uncomfortable as they are.

Now I want to wait for someone to mention butts just so I can scream "Hello! rear end virgin here!" I'm sure everyone within earshot will appreciate my snowflakery.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

Now I want to wait for someone to mention butts just so I can scream "Hello! rear end virgin here!" I'm sure everyone within earshot will appreciate my snowflakery.
Honestly, that story sounds less like someone being irritating, and more like someone who's irritating, and also fundamentally broken. Sour grapes, multiplied by sheltered lifestyle, plus a need for attention. Or militant asexuality, I suppose, but the latter part kind of throws that out.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Antivehicular posted:

Oh my God, Jeff was the laziest wizard. The concept that this dude thought he had supernatural powers but couldn't even be bothered to use them is frankly amazing to me. Did he also claim that he just hadn't bothered to use his staggering artistic talent if someone gave him critique he couldn't deflect?
His reaction to critique was often explosive and hilarious, actually. He would just go and and on and on about how he MEANT to do that and we had to "think outside the box" when looking at his work because he was like, so ahead of the curve etc etc etc. He used to lie about a ton of crap though, like how he had been invited to work for Marvel AND Disney and declined because they wanted ownership of his "OCs" or some bullshit like that.

I'm not sure how much of that stuff he actually believed and how much of it was just him trying to look cool. I know that he did believe in magic and did think that he had powers but I don't know if he really thought he could control the weather, etc. He was a really, really strange guy. And he was racist, too. He once accused my then-boyfriend of stealing his wallet. When I asked him why the hell he was making such an accusation, his response was "well he's dark so it must have been him". I clearly remember my teacher furiously dragging him out of the classroom by the arm and shouting that if he ever said anything racist again, he would personally punch him in the face and he didn't care if he lost his job for it.

It turned out that he had just forgotten his wallet at the library. He never apologized.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

he had been invited to work for Marvel AND Disney and declined because they wanted ownership of his "OCs"

I should have guessed this dude had precious ~original characters do not steal.~ Did he ever share any of them? Were they as awful as one would think?

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Antivehicular posted:

I should have guessed this dude had precious ~original characters do not steal.~ Did he ever share any of them? Were they as awful as one would think?
I wish he wouldn't have shared them. But he did. Constantly. You see, he was working on an ~epic fantasy graphic novel~ which would be "the Lord of the Rings of comics" according to him. So he had all these elf characters and a warrior wizard who totally wasn't a self-insert or anything. He acted really hurt when we didn't show interest in his "novel" too.

PiratePing
Jan 3, 2007

queck

Antivehicular posted:

I think this is how some crazies cope with the whole believing you're a wizard/not actually being a wizard thing. My neighbours' son was convinced he was the new Jesus. He was Jesus and he had almighty powers and he could talk to God, but he wasn't as stupid as the old Jesus because he sure wasn't going to put his life on the line to save a bunch of assholes and get crucified... He would brag about his powers but never demonstrate them because us mere mortals were so far beneath him that he didn't need to cater to our whims and he definitely wasn't about to help any of us. When he did "demonstrate" his powers he would either just claim to have caused the weather or some natural disaster, or go for something invisible like the hamburger cleansing wizard.

He also didn't need to take his meds because an angel told him he wasn't crazy. Two years back the police had to shoot him in the arm and leg to get him to stop swinging a meat cleaver around while babbling incoherently about the Muslim Mafia coming to get him. :smith:

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

She's opening a portal to hell!
Let's go to McDonald's.
I've been reading the 96 pages of this thread over the shoulder of my boyfriend and it has been such a constant source of hilarity that I decided to register my own account to contribute my own similar experiences. Thanks to every poster, I now know that I am not alone. This might turn into a wall of text just to give some background context but I promise the following stories will be all Grade A, unpasteurized Crazy.

Like many others, I had pretty lovely self esteem when I was in high-school. All of my friends were about a year older than me so I ended up spending a lot of time visiting them in college while I was in my last year. Where I live, there's a community college equivalent that's mandatory before being able to go to university; high school ends at grade 11. This means that in this limbo land of pseudo-college, you get the emotional maturity of high-schoolers paired up with ideas of grandiosity that come with “being an adult”. My two best friends became members of the Pagan Club, which introduced me to many unusual folks. The upside was that about half of the members were really nice and and fun to be around. The rest of the group was more...batshit crazy. There were actually a couple of cases involving forcible committing to the available mental health services, but that's less funny and more depressing so I won't go into that.

Now for someone who is both crazy and funny I introduce: Alan. Just imagine Mort from The Anime Club (http://gunshowcomic.com/ac/part0/) only less obese and more Asian. Alan had a disproportionate sense of pompous self-worth and judgmental attitude, blended with his added version pagan lore. He was convinced in his magical prowess and his unmatchable skills as a martial artist, as well as keen intellect which left him spending five to six years in what should have been a two year program (but really, he's doing the college a favor, they need great minds like his.) What more could a girl want?

Alan was my first boyfriend. I had hung out with him a bit whenever I was visiting the college. This led to the exchange of IM information and thus the romance began to blossom. We spent some time chatting online about what anime we liked and other and eventually he asked me out and I said yes. “Why?” you ask, “Why would you date such a unique individual?” The answer is simple, and this is where that low-self esteem I mentioned earlier comes into play. That paired with a pretty bad home life left me believing that I was literally unlovable and that a chance to have a boyfriend would never come again so better to jump on that train before it left the station. He was also four years older than me, pretty manipulative, and hey, I was manipulable! “I didn't know any better,” is all I can really say. Besides, after the initial shock of being asked out wore off (about two weeks) I realized just what I had gotten myself into.

Anyways, this isn't about me, it's about Alan. Alan and his bandwagon of crazy. As it turned out, I was not the only object of Alan's affections. After I broke it off, I found out about all his romantic endeavors with the rest of the people in college who:

A) had low self-esteem
B) had a vagina

Past-Lives Pick-Up Lines

Some investigation revealed that Alan had asked out almost everyone I knew by using the exact same pick-up line that somehow, I had missed out on.

:smug:: You know, I can remember my past lives.

:j:: Really?

:smug:: Yeah, I could probably develop a psychic link with you and tell you yours, too.

:j:: ...okay...

:smug:: (straining heavily) I...I can see it. We knew each other...many centuries ago.

:j:: ...mmhmm...

:viggo:: Yes...you...you were a princess...and I was a knight...your faithful knight. Only, you were betrothed to another that you did not love. Our love could not be so I remained by your side, waiting for my chance. Now is our time, now we can be together, truly.

:eek:: ...um...I have to go to the bathroom. See you later.

This is literally the tip of the crazy-berg. My experiences with him include hunting for vampires in my bedroom, pretending to see and feel things that were not there, and being excluded from a dragon summoning ritual.

I'll take requests if anyone's interested for the following:

Drop the Bass
Demons are Real
Energy Balls
Master Jack and his Dragons
Dances with Psy-Vamps
Attempting to Rape Lacey

As a side note, if people think it would make things funnier I could draw accompanying comics to these stories.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Absolutely! The art class wizard ones posted recently made that story even better.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Lt. Marmalade posted:

As a side note, if people think it would make things funnier I could draw accompanying comics to these stories.

A resounding YES! Comics almost always make these things funnier. Can't wait.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Also please post every story.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

the kawaiiest posted:

Uh, that's the thing, you're not understanding that "not neopagan" means literally almost everything besides Jews, Christians and Muslims and the brand new neopagan stuff. Even if you try to restrict it to one area, like say ancient Britain, it still covers many many different religions that would kill each other over said religious differences and would probably kill you for saying they're both the same religion, given the chance back then.

History of world religions is something I studied quite a bit in college so it bugs me when people think the term "pagan" refers to any kind of coherent group. It's kind of like referring to all kinds of visual art as "painting".

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Can we please stop with the pagan-neopagan definitions debate sidetrack? We want real life stories of crazy people, regardless of religious beliefs.

And Lt. Marmalade, just out of curiosity, which cégep are we talking about? (though from my perspective experience, most students left the high school mentality behind, which was a good thing; I saw more crazies in university, probably due to bigger size and more diverse background).

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

Let's go to McDonald's.

Jorghnassen posted:

And Lt. Marmalade, just out of curiosity, which cégep are we talking about? (though from my perspective experience, most students left the high school mentality behind, which was a good thing; I saw more crazies in university, probably due to bigger size and more diverse background).

Well not that I was being very inconspicuous about it being a cegep :blush: but I think it's a better idea if I don't say. Alan still goes there (yes, really) even though he's about 25 right now, I think. As crappy as he is, his current girlfriend is a nice girl and I guess I don't want him to be internet detectived. Sorry :(

I think you generally experience more crazy in cegep if you hang around the clubs. Anyone I knew who wasn't in a club was very normal. Personally, I feel really liberated from the crazy now that I'm in university. :)

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Install Gentoo posted:

Uh, that's the thing, you're not understanding that "not neopagan" means literally almost everything besides Jews, Christians and Muslims and the brand new neopagan stuff. Even if you try to restrict it to one area, like say ancient Britain, it still covers many many different religions that would kill each other over said religious differences and would probably kill you for saying they're both the same religion, given the chance back then.

History of world religions is something I studied quite a bit in college so it bugs me when people think the term "pagan" refers to any kind of coherent group. It's kind of like referring to all kinds of visual art as "painting".
When the average Joe (meaning not a fountain of knowledge such as yourself), says "pagan", on a thread where people are talking about witches and wizards and dissing neopagans, and then asks for information about "real pagans from Great Britain", it is pretty obvious that he isn't talking about Hinduism or Buddhism. It's true that there were many different religions in Great Britain back then, but he can't be specific about what he wants because he doesn't know anything about this. So rather than derail the thread with a poo poo ton of pedantic bullshit that no one cares about, I linked him to the safest possible book on the subject of pre-Christian Britain that I know of because this isn't the paganism thread, this is the crazy anime people thread. You're right, there were a bunch of different religions in Great Britain in the past, which is why I linked to that specific book in the first place -- did you even bother to click the link?

e: sorry about the derail, everyone. I'll go back to lurking now. Lt. Marmalade, more stories please. :allears:

Farbauti
Dec 8, 2011

Lt. Marmalade posted:

Gunshowcomic

I loved the Anime Club series, though I would punch Mort =|

Your cegep (?) thing sounds similar to A levels in England. University places require x amount of points (unless you're a mature student) and you earn those points with grades from 2 years of A levels. It tends to weed out a lot of people in the process.

Also +1 for the comics, they always make a story just that much better!

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Lt. Marmalade posted:

I think you generally experience more crazy in cegep if you hang around the clubs. Anyone I knew who wasn't in a club was very normal. Personally, I feel really liberated from the crazy now that I'm in university. :)
This sometimes applies and sometimes doesn't. It all depends on the kind of people who end up running the clubs.

I pretty much ran John Abbott's gamer club with a few of my buddies for a while and we had to kick out a lot of crazy/dangerous/stinky people. Usually these guys would filter in from the nearby anime club or pagan society (who shared a room with Christian Fellowship). "If I can smell you from across a Settlers of Catan board, you're out" was the kind of guideline enforced. That, and a "get out or we'll call security" policy vis-a-vis knives and unwelcome behaviour kept the place pretty docile.

Thankfully, what pagans we had exposure to were fairly sedate. They stayed to themselves and would mostly just sit in the hallway waving their hands at each other and practice "forming and controlling energy" orbs/spheres/whatever. We did have to rough up a guy who hung out with them once for harassing (sexually) some of our female members though, but that was pretty much it.

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

Let's go to McDonald's.
Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I'll do my best to make regular updates when I have time! I threw together a doodle for Past-Lives Pick Up Lines

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

If it's any comfort, Lt. Marmalade, I've seen similar levels of crazy high-school/college interactions even in the American university system. Some friends of mine back in high school started going to the local university's anime club, which inevitably meant that our high-school circle came to encompass a few barely-functional college-age anime fangirls they met there. (Unfortunately, I don't have any stories about them, except maybe the time that a friend dragged me out of town to go visit one of the college anime crazies and I got to spend the night sitting in a doublewide bored out of my skull while they discussed their favorite Slayers pairings.)

If we're telling past-lives stories, though, I should probably finally tell the story of Calliope's longest-lived weird religious idea, since that involves past lives at some level of detail. I give you:

The Soul-Daughters of the Goddess Kali

I believe it was our senior year of high school when Calliope announced that she and two other girls we didn't know were the aforementioned soul-daughters, sent to Earth to do the will of their goddess mother and generally do awesome magical bullshit. The cosmology of this all was a little confused, but the gist of it was that literally every deity ever worshiped by humans was real and hanging out in some kind of omni-Heaven somewhere. (I asked Calliope how this interacted with the religions of the book and other monotheistic faiths, but I never got a straight answer, so to this day I just picture the God of Abraham in this schema being a delusional shut-in who refuses to acknowledge that his neighbors are there.) These deities generally had a hands-off approach to the world, but on occasion, they would create special souls and incarnate them on Earth as their "soul-children" to do their bidding. These soul-children always came in threes, and Calliope and her friends were the latest of Kali's soul-brood.

Obviously, godly soul-children were very special, and they only came to Earth for a purpose... but if Calliope knew what that purpose was, she never said it within earshot of me. She did claim that they were active as a triumvirate of magical beings on the astral plane and that she was the "guardian dragon" of the group; I never asked her whether "dragon" was a ceremonial title or actually meant her astral form had wingalings and consummate V's and whatnot. Given that she'd already identified herself as an elf otherkin by that time, though, I'm sure she was the full-on dragon, not just a poseur.

The other bit of the soul-daughter cosmology I remember is that non-deific-soul-child souls were pretty generic and reincarnated frequently. (Calliope was still dating Rottweiler at this point, and his term for this bit was "Costco souls." As much as I hate to acknowledge Rottweiler ever being right, it was an accurate term!) This meant that everyone but the soul-daughters had been through multiple past lives and the soul-daughters, with their immense and vaguely-defined magic powers, could see them! I know someone in this mix was the reincarnation of the Marquis de Sade, although I forget whether it was Rott or the weaselly vampire-wannabe guy Calliope ended up dating after him. Calliope never failed to inform us about our exciting array of past lives, which brings me to...

Calliope Looks Into My Soul, Finds A New Way To Insult Me

One morning before class, Calliope was nattering on about this like usual, and I was bored and irritated enough to call her bluff. I asked her point-blank if she could tell me about my past lives, and she accepted. After a few moments of disturbingly intense staring, she delivered the results.

With great sincerity and gravity, Calliope told me that I'd had two past lives, both of whom were alchemists; she couldn't figure out when the first one had lived, but the second had lived during "the Victorian era." (Given that the Victorian period also involved Dmitri Mendeleev creating the periodic table and the rise of modern chemistry, I immediately felt sorry for my poor bastard previous life still trying to do the lead-to-gold thing.) One of these past lives had been female and one had been male, which explained, in Calliope's words, "why you're so mannish."

At this point, we'd known each other for about five years. Most of that time had been spent with Calliope treating me with passive-aggressive scorn for not being as cute or feminine as she was, and somehow, even in the grip of her delusions of magical power, she had found a way to do it again. I really wish I could say that I gave a stirring speech about how much she'd hurt me over the years, but my real reaction was "yeah, gently caress this. I'm going." I left, and that was the functional end of my friendship with Calliope. In the immortal words of e.e. cummings, there is some poo poo I will not eat.

I stayed in contact with Calliope for a while, and I have some stories from later years, but after high school and the Soul-Daughters, they mostly just get depressing. She flamed out of college in about a year and a half, ended up deliberately getting pregnant by the previously-mentioned vampire-wannabe guy in an attempt to get her parents to let her marry him, dumped him halfway through the pregnancy anyway, and is now living with her parents and her five-year-old son, who's never met his father. About the only funny part is that she still refers to herself as a "round-eared Elf-maiden," and I think she's still tinkering with her insane homebrewed fantasy setting, which has a disturbing amount of cannibalism content. (Blame Rott, I guess?)

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Lt. Marmalade posted:

Well not that I was being very inconspicuous about it being a cegep :blush: but I think it's a better idea if I don't say. Alan still goes there (yes, really) even though he's about 25 right now, I think. As crappy as he is, his current girlfriend is a nice girl and I guess I don't want him to be internet detectived. Sorry :(

That's fine, you don't have to tell, I was just curious... In unversity I saw a number of people walking around with cloaks and other silly things (sweatpants, really?), but I knew not to make eye contact with such weirdos. My cégep had way fewer freaks, but I do come from a pretty homogenous region.

Anyway, keep the stories coming, I won't ask any internet detectivy things. :allears:

ETA: love the drawing.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Lt. Marmalade posted:

This is fantastic.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

the kawaiiest posted:

When the average Joe (meaning not a fountain of knowledge such as yourself), says "pagan", on a thread where people are talking about witches and wizards and dissing neopagans, and then asks for information about "real pagans from Great Britain", it is pretty obvious that he isn't talking about Hinduism or Buddhism. It's true that there were many different religions in Great Britain back then, but he can't be specific about what he wants because he doesn't know anything about this. So rather than derail the thread with a poo poo ton of pedantic bullshit that no one cares about, I linked him to the safest possible book on the subject of pre-Christian Britain that I know of because this isn't the paganism thread, this is the crazy anime people thread. You're right, there were a bunch of different religions in Great Britain in the past, which is why I linked to that specific book in the first place -- did you even bother to click the link?

Yes, thank you. I just didn't know the actual name/s for what I was asking about. Mostly I just meant the stuff that the Britons were into before Rome steamrolled their asses, or some approximation thereof. I couldn't be more specific because I really didn't know what it entailed. The book seems more or less like what I was after, I'll look that guy up.

Now I'm gonna go back to reading about crazies. It amazes me that I don't really have any stories of nutbags, I used to hang out with some very strange people. Maybe I blocked the more insane incidents out.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Lt. Marmalade posted:

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I'll do my best to make regular updates when I have time! I threw together a doodle for Past-Lives Pick Up Lines

Please keep doing this and never stop. I thank you and the other storytellers for restoring this thread to its former glory.

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

Let's go to McDonald's.
Demons are Real

Coincidentally, Alan's oddness began emerging on a new level right around Hallowe'en. While I had technically been dating him for a few weeks, I couldn't go out on weekdays which meant that I'd only see him on Fridays. This meant that my exposure to him had been quite limited.

As it happened, Hallowe'en was on a Friday that year, so it promised to be the longest time I would spend around him in one sitting (I would say “with” him but he was so self centered it really was less romantic and more creepy). Anyways, we made plans with another couple to visit some sort of event being held on the waterfront. Leading up to our arrival to the ports, however, Alan decided to begin the creeping early.

I should mention that at this point, I was 16 and he was 20, if I remember correctly. This was also very early in my first relationship and for a number of reasons, I was very shy, sheltered, and especially uncomfortable about physical contact (even friendly hugs). Alan decided the best way to get me over this was to repeatedly attempt to eat my face despite my protestations.

This got old very fast and was a little rape-y. Luckily when we arrived and had to walk around, so there wasn't much time for his tongued assault tactics.

The Hallowe'en event turned out to be the product of overzealous advertisement and was really lame. We ended up just walking in circles dressed in our costumes and I was actually enjoying seeing some of the more creative get-ups people around me were wearing. At one point, I saw some guy wearing expensive contact lenses that made his eyes pitch black. The kind you can get from costume shops or the internet. I mentioned these to Alan who immediately stopped in his tracks and wheeled around to face me, gripping my shoulders intensely.

:tinfoil: : NO. (wildly looks around) I didn't think they would have the guts to show up here. I made it pretty clear this area was off limits.

:(: What?

:tinfoil: : Listen, those weren't contact lenses.

:what:: ...what?

:tinfoil: : Didn't you notice he wasn't wearing any other costume? Those were his eyes.

:raise:: I don't...

:byodood:: That was a DEMON. I thought the protective spells I cast around us would be enough to keep them at bay but on Hallowe'en the barriers between our worlds weaken. They feel more comfortable walking the streets with so many people already in costume. It helps them blend in.

Ignoring the fact that the couple that we were with had long since walked on, Alan was flailing his arms manically while telling me all this. I should add that he didn't seem like he was just trying to up the spooky factor for my benefit. He was dead serious. The look in his eye was the look of a man desperately believing he was Van Helsing incarnate surrounded by a horde of vampires. I'm sorry, demons.

We caught up with our friends and as soon as Alan thought we had put enough distance between us and the demonic spawn congregating in the square, he eased up a little bit. That is until we encountered more demons in the shape of a performance artist. She was obviously being paid to be there as a part of the festival; she was on a raised platform. She had some sort of black leotard on with all of these loose flying feather/strands of fabric. I think she was supposed to represent a bat. She swung her arms around in a bat-like way as a part of her dance. It sounds stupid here but it wasn't bad. I was very interested, actually. Alan, however, instantly seized up once again and desperately clung to my shoulders and exclaimed:

:c00lbert:: I can't believe how far this has spread. I've never seen so many in one place.

:raise:: What? I didn't see anybody with black eyes...

:tinfoil:: No! Not that, it's HER! (He points to the dancer). She's another demon!

:raise:: But her eyes look pretty human.

:pseudo:: She's not an average demon, she's much more powerful. They can mimic the human form more accurately. We need to get out of here. Now. There isn't much time.

:(: Why? I'm having fun. I thought we were gonna go see the costume contest...

:byodood:: She's opening a portal! Look at her arms! This is a ritual to rip a hole between our world and hell. Before you know it, this place will be swarmed. Let's go to McDonald's.

Thus the evening ended with a victorious meal at McDonald's. Alan's previous paranoia vanishing as soon as we crossed the threshold of the supposedly protected hall of the Golden Arches. Looking back, I can't believe I wasn't more freaked out by Alan's behavior. I was actually more bothered by his lack of boundaries than the fact that I had apparently just been whisked away from demonic entities. :iiam:

Next Time:

Energy Balls
Master Jack and his Dragons
Drop the Bass
Dances with Psy-Vamps
Attempting to Rape Lacey

Note: Hey guys, I made that last drawing in B+W to see if it turned out better than the color versions. I have a limited palette of markers. Let me know which you prefer! Thanks! :)

Lt. Marmalade fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 24, 2012

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
I see Alan wore glasses. Maybe the glasses allowed him to see the demons a-la "They Live" featuring WWF superstar Rowdy Roddy Piper and he really did save you. Not even a little french kissing for the hero of this story? You should be ashamed.

Farbauti
Dec 8, 2011

Lt. Marmalade posted:

:byodood:: She's opening a portal! Look at her arms! This is a ritual to rip a hole between our world and hell. Before you know it, this place will be swarmed. Let's go to McDonald's.

The mighty Golden Arches shall protect us from the hellspawn!

Do you have any contact with this guy anymore? I'm always curious how the crazies turn out, if they eventually let it go or they sink deeper into their madness.

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

Let's go to McDonald's.

Blinkman987 posted:

I see Alan wore glasses. Maybe the glasses allowed him to see the demons a-la "They Live" featuring WWF superstar Rowdy Roddy Piper and he really did save you. Not even a little french kissing for the hero of this story? You should be ashamed.

He was dressed up as Roy Mustang (I had to Wikipedia that...) and his glasses were replaced with contacts. But you know what? You're probably right. Looking back I see the error of my ways. I missed out, what can I say?

Farbauti posted:

Do you have any contact with this guy anymore? I'm always curious how the crazies turn out, if they eventually let it go or they sink deeper into their madness.

Well, we did have to go to the same school until I graduated couple of years ago. Apart from seeing him through a window lording it up in the Anime Club (The Pagan Club had disbanded) I avoided him as much as I could. I had his current girlfriend in one of my art classes for a semester, but she's pretty nice and I feel bad for her current love life. I've heard plenty about what he's up to, though. He's been quoted as insisting that he's the next Martin Scorsese (Film Studies).

Actually, I'm pretty sure I have that last part on film somewhere.

Lt. Marmalade fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 13, 2012

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Lt. Marmalade posted:

Note: Hey guys, I made that last drawing in B+W to see if it turned out better than the color versions. I have a limited palette of markers. Let me know which you prefer! Thanks! :)

colors please! they're prettier :3:
unless b+w means you can churn out a lot more drawings per post, then do that
drawings drawings drawings
hell i'd like to draw depictions of this thread's superstars myself

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lt. Marmalade posted:

If I could afford to right now, I would almost certainly make that your new avatar text.

Let's go to McDonald's.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 13, 2012

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Thanks Lt. Marmalade for your posts with pics. It's back to the glory days of the thread. :3: Can't wait for the next post.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I really like your color work, if it's not too taxing on your marker supply to do. It has a really nice watercolor-ish quality that contrasts amazingly with Alan being crazy and trying to eat your face.

Also, what is it with these guys and "energy balls?" Is it DBZ, or is there some basic "magick" textbook that got the idea in a bunch of people's heads, or what? Calliope went through a period where she was "projecting energy balls" too, to unclear purpose, but I never realized it was some sort of crazy-person meme.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Antivehicular posted:

Also, what is it with these guys and "energy balls?" Is it DBZ, or is there some basic "magick" textbook that got the idea in a bunch of people's heads, or what? Calliope went through a period where she was "projecting energy balls" too, to unclear purpose, but I never realized it was some sort of crazy-person meme.
There was a terrible, terrible TV series where they had the whole "energy ball" thing and other poo poo like that too. I forget what it was called now, but it was just ridiculous. I think it aired in the late 90s and it was very popular.

e: It was "Charmed".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Blinkman987 posted:

I wear glasses and this is totally true. Demons just all over the place.

• Locked thread