Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
Pretty close to completion here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arenovalis posted:

Pretty close to completion here

Lookin' pretty sexy there.

In other news, Nexus has finally locked Shrapnel out for what I can only assume is the commercial assets sitting in his mod for years now. Only took them a few years between his FO3 release 'til now, but maybe Nexus is trying to be less hypocritical these days too and are starting to come down on their popular modders/mods more now.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Naky posted:

Lookin' pretty sexy there.

In other news, Nexus has finally locked Shrapnel out for what I can only assume is the commercial assets sitting in his mod for years now. Only took them a few years between his FO3 release 'til now, but maybe Nexus is trying to be less hypocritical these days too and are starting to come down on their popular modders/mods more now.

As someone who hasn't followed Fallout modding too closely until now, what was he ripping off?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Davoren posted:

As someone who hasn't followed Fallout modding too closely until now, what was he ripping off?

BF2142 weapons that make up the bulk of his energy weapons and STALKER weapons... though I tend to disagree with Nexus' viewpoint that using STALKER assets are allowed by GSC via their permission consent. There is no way Nexus can make sure the end user actually owns the STALKER games, and therefore I don't think they would legally be allowed to host those files anyway but they went ahead and did it anyway so I guess it's "okay". If you're going to promote legality first and err on the side of caution, I'm not sure that their decision to permit hosting STALKER assets was the best thing but that's a whole other topic of discussion.

With the BF2142 guns though, he even went so far as to not list them as part of the weapons in his mod, though he had a screenshot or two of them in the background in his images so he was actively trying to hide the fact that he was using commercial assets. Just took a few years for them to catch on, I guess.

Of course, The Armory is also using all that stuff and more, but then we've never promoted the mod publicly or even have any interest in going beyond SA. That and we've never hidden the fact that we're using it, either. In our minds, if you own the original games that they came (and we, the ones working on the mod, do) from then enjoy 'em. If you feel guilty over it, then buy the games and chillax.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Deleuzionist posted:

Requesting Flashlight NV to be added to the OP as casual search didn't find it there.

OP updated.

Jimmy Noskill
Nov 5, 2010

I'm trying to reduce the number of skill points that I get upon leveling, but I'm not having much luck. I should be able to simply reduce the value of "ilevelupskillpointsbase," but no matter what number I set it to, it doesn't make any difference at all. From what I can tell, other people have had this problem too. Does anyone know a way around this or am I doomed to swim in skill points for all eternity?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jimmy Noskill posted:

I'm trying to reduce the number of skill points that I get upon leveling, but I'm not having much luck. I should be able to simply reduce the value of "ilevelupskillpointsbase," but no matter what number I set it to, it doesn't make any difference at all. From what I can tell, other people have had this problem too. Does anyone know a way around this or am I doomed to swim in skill points for all eternity?

In case you can tolerate a mod doing it for you, Project Nevada lets you customize the number of skillpoints per level in addition to a bunch of other variables. It's entirely modular, so you can ignore all of the other content it offers.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Y'all mind if I skip directly to page 287 and ask a bunch of questions after reading the OP?

What is the simplest way to skip directly to the main menu on bootup?

What is the simplest/most reliable way to fix the stutter/hitching when panning the viewpoint? I saw the Stutter Fixer in the OP, but its readme says it doesn't support all versions of Vegas. I tried the FPS Clamp option oin my first playthrough, but as I remember it didn't fix it completely. I'm running an ATI 6970 if that matters.

This will be my first playthrough with any of the DLC. Is there an agreed upon order and/or level requirement to playing the DLC? The Delayed DLC mod forces a DM-HH-OWB-LR progression, is that optimal?

Are Project Vegas and JE Sawyer mutually exclusive? I'm gathering that PV is more DLC friendly than Sawyer. Not sure which to use for my first runs through the DLC.

Is Sawyer adjustable like PV? I like some of the changes that I read about Sawyer that make the sleep/thirst/food needs more imperative and also a lot of the damage and weight adjustments. However I don't like the severe reduction in carrying weight and effectiveness of some chems.

I know I'll think of more as I start layering the mods on. Thanks.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Copper Vein posted:

Y'all mind if I skip directly to page 287 and ask a bunch of questions after reading the OP?

What is the simplest way to skip directly to the main menu on bootup?
You can't; those slides are masking the fact that the game is initializing the engine and prepping assets in the background.

Copper Vein posted:

What is the simplest/most reliable way to fix the stutter/hitching when panning the viewpoint? I saw the Stutter Fixer in the OP, but its readme says it doesn't support all versions of Vegas. I tried the FPS Clamp option oin my first playthrough, but as I remember it didn't fix it completely. I'm running an ATI 6970 if that matters.
The Stutter Remover supports the current New Vegas patch just fine. Be aware the first time you use it and it generates its own ini with the FPS clamped at 30. Change that to 59 (60FPS is weird in Bethesda's gamebryo engine games, you'll see faint, but still noticeable microstutters in odd places while doing odd things).

Copper Vein posted:

This will be my first playthrough with any of the DLC. Is there an agreed upon order and/or level requirement to playing the DLC? The Delayed DLC mod forces a DM-HH-OWB-LR progression, is that optimal?
That's fine, it's release order. Honest Hearts stands a little more alone than the rest, but definitely do Dead Money, then Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road in that order.

Copper Vein posted:

Are Project Vegas and JE Sawyer mutually exclusive? I'm gathering that PV is more DLC friendly than Sawyer. Not sure which to use for my first runs through the DLC.
Project Nevada and JESawyer are not mutually exclusive, as long as you don't use Project Nevada's Rebalance module. I haven't tried it out personally; if you're going to use JESawyer, play it safe and only use PN's core module for sprinting and grenade key and the like.

Copper Vein posted:

Is Sawyer adjustable like PV? I like some of the changes that I read about Sawyer that make the sleep/thirst/food needs more imperative and also a lot of the damage and weight adjustments. However I don't like the severe reduction in carrying weight and effectiveness of some chems.
Not without using the GECK.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Copper Vein posted:

Okay, so here's the thing: Unless you're running on a really nice SSD (and even then), you're going to have to deal with some stutter. The way the Gamebryo engine works--regardless of how powerful your system is--you'll see some stuttering. You'll never, ever, get completely get rid of it. Anybody who says they know somebody who has a computer that never stutters while playing FO3 or NV, they're totally lying.

Things you can do to improve your experience:

1. Get a Solid State Drive.
2. Keep your ordinary drive regularly defragmented.
3. Use the Stutter Remover in the OP (works with the latest version of New Vegas.) Install the file, boot the game up once so it can create a config file, then exit and start messing around with the config. Try setting the max and minimum FPS to reasonable limits, like 45 and 15, respectively. By enforcing a ceiling on how hard your GPU has to work, you can sometimes help get the CPU and GPU on the same page, stabilizing FPS and effectively reducing stutter. 65 FPS isn't any good if it's inconsistent and prone to sharp, 30+ FPS drops.

quote:

By default, there are suggested levels for the DLC, but nothing is set in stone. You can honestly play any of them at any level and still have fun.
Order-wise, I think the consensus is DM - OWB - LR and then HR whenever you want, since it isn't connected like the other three. However, I personally feel that OWB - DM - LR makes more sense (with HR whenever you're in the area.)

Also, Delay DLC doesn't force a particular progression. If you get close enough to any of the DLC areas, you will still trigger their quests, regardless of your level. The mod just reduces the range of these trigger-areas, so you aren't berated with new quests in Goodsprings.

quote:

Project Nevada is friendlier in the sense that it doesn't require all of the DLC. Last I checked, JSawyer.esp requires everything, including GRA and that little preorder pack compilation (I'm forgetting its name.) PN and JSawyer.esp aren't mutually exclusive, per say, but one will overwrite some of the changes the other makes--depending on your load order. From what I understand, none of the conflicts are game-breaking, and they otherwise work together just fine.

quote:

No, I don't believe JSawyer.esp is adjustable. Although you could open the .esp up in FNVEdit and manually change values.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

Thanks a ton for those write ups.

I understand the limits of PC hard drive streaming, and maybe I'm using the wrong word to describe what I'm seeing.

When I'm standing in one spot, and haven't moved in a little bit, I'm assuming that the game isn't streaming at that point. Yet when I rotate my view with the 360 pad at a constant rate, there are almost always little hitches in the smoothness of that rotation, usually one a second.

Maybe that's exactly what you meant but I figured I'd clarify. I'll give the stutter fixer mod a go.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I found the best way to improve the framerate by a big margin is to disable AA and use the FXAA injector to get antialiasing that way.

On the other hand, all the stutterer remover ever did for me was worsen game stability by a lot.

Jimmy Noskill
Nov 5, 2010

I'm looking for a simple mod to increase weapon sway/decrease accuracy unless your weapon skills are up to par. I've tried using the XFO accuracy revamp, but it seems to be buggy and the fix that someone made is no longer online. It's a pity, since it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Copper Vein posted:

Thanks a ton for those write ups.

I understand the limits of PC hard drive streaming, and maybe I'm using the wrong word to describe what I'm seeing.

When I'm standing in one spot, and haven't moved in a little bit, I'm assuming that the game isn't streaming at that point. Yet when I rotate my view with the 360 pad at a constant rate, there are almost always little hitches in the smoothness of that rotation, usually one a second.

Maybe that's exactly what you meant but I figured I'd clarify. I'll give the stutter fixer mod a go.

Could this be caused by input, perhaps? You're using a 360 controller, but does the stutter occur with a Mouse / Keyboard? If so, try the solution I gave you regarding Fallout Stutter Remover, as it might be connected to framerate. Playing around with your FPS caps might alleviate or minimize the issue.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Jimmy Noskill posted:

I'm looking for a simple mod to increase weapon sway/decrease accuracy unless your weapon skills are up to par. I've tried using the XFO accuracy revamp, but it seems to be buggy and the fix that someone made is no longer online. It's a pity, since it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Check this out. It's what I use and I love it. You can increase jitter and sway for everything from insufficient weapon skill to hunger, exhaustion, and weapon weight.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

I played through with MTUI fonts the first time through. Something better now or stick with it?

EDIT: Just activated it and it wanted to overwrite a bunch of Project Nevada stuff which I disallowed. I just preferred the smaller fonts.

Also, what about timescale dickery? I thoroughly played Skyrim with a pretty slow timescale and liked it a lot. Are timescale mods, chiefly dynamic timescale mods, known to cause problems with overhauls like Project Nevada and JSawyer?

Copper Vein fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 18, 2012

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Any tips on making Naky's Armory and Weapon Mod Expansion get along, or is that not going to happen?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Copper Vein posted:

Also, what about timescale dickery? I thoroughly played Skyrim with a pretty slow timescale and liked it a lot. Are timescale mods, chiefly dynamic timescale mods, known to cause problems with overhauls like Project Nevada and JSawyer?
I use Imps TimeScale Adjuster. It doesn't conflict with Project Nevada or JSawyer, but it does have a few bugs. If there is a part of a quest that advances time automatically, it will sometimes crash. Ones I can remember that caused this were when you rested at Hoover Dam before President Kimball's speech or if/when you slept with Red Lucy or Sarah Weintraub. To get around this, turn off the dynamic timescale and set it back to default timescale of 30 temporarily. If you are playing hardcore, there are also times where if time automatically advances as part of a quest, your hardcore meters will rise dramatically and possibly kill you. Similar fix as to the crashes.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

physeter posted:

Any tips on making Naky's Armory and Weapon Mod Expansion get along, or is that not going to happen?

Both mods should work without any adjustments; the Armory has its own weapons and weapon mods. However if you use the Armory's leveled list plugin, you'll want to use FNVEdit to create a merged patch or Wrye Flash to create a bashed patch, to make sure all of the leveled lists from various mods are used and working together.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
That I'm aware of, there are virtually no conflicts with The Armory aside from leveled list conflicts that are fixed by making a merged patch.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

Sorry by that I meant for WME mods to be applicable to Naky's guns. I'm not getting crashes or anything, I'm just bummed that I buy mods for 9mm and can't put them on much other than the vanilla 9mm. Also, most of the mods I do buy don't work on even the vanilla guns. For example, assault carbine forged receiver doesn't mod onto an assault carbine. What am I doing wrong?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

physeter posted:

Sorry by that I meant for WME mods to be applicable to Naky's guns. I'm not getting crashes or anything, I'm just bummed that I buy mods for 9mm and can't put them on much other than the vanilla 9mm. Also, most of the mods I do buy don't work on even the vanilla guns. For example, assault carbine forged receiver doesn't mod onto an assault carbine. What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure since I don't use WME/WMX myself, but Armory mods will only work on Armory guns and they're labeled as MOD-TA. Most mods are 'universal' in the manner that a silencer mod from TA will magically work on any gun in the pack that accepts a silencer. This is to keep the amount of mods in the pack down to a not insane level.

I'm not sure how WME handles it, but it's quite possible that if you use it the stock mods no longer work on stock weapons and you'll have to use the WME kits instead?

Jimmy Noskill
Nov 5, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Check this out. It's what I use and I love it. You can increase jitter and sway for everything from insufficient weapon skill to hunger, exhaustion, and weapon weight.

This sounds perfect. Thanks!

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Jimmy Noskill posted:

That's one of those GMSTs that doesn't support other values - you can change it to whatever you want, but it won't actually work. A good workaround for this problem is to create a perk that modifies skill points gained and add it to yourself. The entry point you would want to use is "Add Skill Points", and if you're trying to decrease the number of skill points you get, you would add a negative value. For example, you'd open the "Add Skill Points" entry point and plug in a value of -5, since the entry point only supports addition.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

Naky posted:

I'm not sure how WME handles it, but it's quite possible that if you use it the stock mods no longer work on stock weapons and you'll have to use the WME kits instead?
It wasn't The Armory, something between GRA and WME but I couldn't isolate it so all my WME tricked out arms are locked away in the Lucky 38 casino floor. Strange since I remember WME being pretty good once upon a time. Lost my grenade rifle :doom:

Jimmy Noskill
Nov 5, 2010

Cirosan posted:

That's one of those GMSTs that doesn't support other values - you can change it to whatever you want, but it won't actually work. A good workaround for this problem is to create a perk that modifies skill points gained and add it to yourself. The entry point you would want to use is "Add Skill Points", and if you're trying to decrease the number of skill points you get, you would add a negative value. For example, you'd open the "Add Skill Points" entry point and plug in a value of -5, since the entry point only supports addition.

This is what I wound up doing, thanks.

Electric Pope
Oct 29, 2011

Oh I'm still alive
I'm still alive
I can't apologize, no
Does anyone know of anything that would change how certain parts of hardcore mode work depending on how hungry/thirsty you already are? Either having hunger and thirst increase slower the higher they already are, or having the same food items work better the hungrier you are. I was thinking that if you did this, then balanced the whole thing to be a lot harsher, the player might spend a decent amount of time on the road with mild hunger and dehydration, and could plausibly get into a bad situation, but could then ration their supplies and avoid dying outright for a while.
If there isn't anything like this, would anyone be interested if I could look into how it might be done?

Keidrych
Feb 3, 2011

Thank god. Your precious SCOTTY DOGS are still here. You don't know what you'd do without them. You don't want to even think about it.
Is there a mod that makes Radio New Vegas accessible everywhere, including DLC areas? I've added a lot of 'pre-war' music to it with another mod and would rather listen to it than a substitute that repeats itself often.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
I've got to say I'm loving these mods, and the DLC. I do however have one problem in Honest Hearts, Joshua Graham has a missing item cube hovering over him whenever I see him. I was wondering if it was a weapon mod that's causing this.

This is my current load order
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
More Perks.esm
More Traits.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Perks for Dead Money.esm
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_Urban_Edition_AWOP.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
RustTownV1Master.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
NVInteriors_WastelandEditonAWOP.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Cannabis.esm
The.Armory.esm
oHUD.esm
CASM.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
XFO - 9da - Enemies - NPC Healing - low.esp
QDMFollowers.esp
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
MMUE-CP-AWOP+NVInteriors.esp
MMUE-CP-Electrocity.esp
MMUE-CP-rePopulated.esp
Existence2.0.esp
BluesRadioNV.esp
Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR + GRA.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
Expanded Traits.esp
jsawyer.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
BlackMountainRadioEverywhere.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
christinecos.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
Boacombat2glove.esp
boa ncrpahelmet.esp
RustTownAdditions3.esp
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
bzArmour.esp
bzBodySuits.esp
EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
NVInteriors_Tweaks.esp
NVDLC02 Extensions.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - Arenovalis.esp
zaty1elimachete-HardMode.esp
Improved Sound FX - Merged Major DLCs.esp
EVE FNV.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
Night Brightness Adjuster.esp
MediumBeard.esp
AWOP DLC + GRA Conflict Error Fixes.esp
AWOPDeadMoney.esp
Cannabis AddOn - Screenshot Friendly Smokeables.esp
The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition - No Lucky38.esp
ILO - A World of Pain.esp
ILO - NSkies URWLified Patch.esp
ILO - NVInteriors Project - AWOP.esp
ILO - PipBoy Light.esp
ILO - Rust Town.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

Electric Pope posted:

If there isn't anything like this, would anyone be interested if I could look into how it might be done?

You could probably do this with Project Nevada just by disabling/setting to vanilla everything else and just cranking up the hungry/thirsty modifiers.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
For anyone curious, the WIP I'm uploading tonight for the latest on The Armory more or less wraps up the addition phase for 3.0. Anime Schoolgirl starts his balance/leveled lists side of things with it. I don't believe he's completely overhauling everything like he did with 2.5 again and if not, I imagine things will go relatively quickly on his end. Of course, it's done when it's done though.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Electric Pope posted:

Does anyone know of anything that would change how certain parts of hardcore mode work depending on how hungry/thirsty you already are? Either having hunger and thirst increase slower the higher they already are, or having the same food items work better the hungrier you are. I was thinking that if you did this, then balanced the whole thing to be a lot harsher, the player might spend a decent amount of time on the road with mild hunger and dehydration, and could plausibly get into a bad situation, but could then ration their supplies and avoid dying outright for a while.

I think the problem is that the values for hunger and thirst rates are currently linear, and this would require something other than that. I'm not sure how the engine handles, say, quadratic values.

Electric Pope
Oct 29, 2011

Oh I'm still alive
I'm still alive
I can't apologize, no
The other option, that I've actually just started working on, is just adding a huge number of conditions to every food item. That is, restore dehydration an additional X amount if dehydration is greater than number Y, maybe going in increments of 50.
It's tedious as hell though, and I can't be sure how balanced my changes are. My current thinking is to start everything at ~75% effectiveness then go up exponentially*, on top of doubling the thirst/hunger rates.
*I'm not actually bothering to stick to the math, purified water for instance starts at 35 then the bonuses go 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 etc right now.

Does any of this sound worthwhile?

Electric Pope fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 19, 2012

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

OP link to More Where that Came From - FNV is dead and I can't find another location. Anybody got a working link or can upload?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Is there a mod that adds reloading bench recipes for the GRA ammunition? I want an endless supply of Dragons Breath :clint:

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Keidrych posted:

Is there a mod that makes Radio New Vegas accessible everywhere, including DLC areas? I've added a lot of 'pre-war' music to it with another mod and would rather listen to it than a substitute that repeats itself often.

I don't know of any such mod personally, although I will shamelessly self-promote Mysterious Broadcast: Extended as it's available in all areas being a station added by DLC.

EDIT: Is there still enough interest in New Vegas that it'd be worth my compiling another station extender? I've floated the idea of doing either a Black Mountain one or an extension for the radio that Honest Hearts adds. Either that or maybe a smaller one that extends non-playable radio stations, like the casino-only ones or the one that plays at the King's place.

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 19, 2012

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

EDIT: Is there still enough interest in New Vegas that it'd be worth my compiling another station extender? I've floated the idea of doing either a Black Mountain one or an extension for the radio that Honest Hearts adds. Either that or maybe a smaller one that extends non-playable radio stations, like the casino-only ones or the one that plays at the King's place.
I'd say yes. I use your Mojave station, and between that, and some punkabilly list I got somewhere, it's all I listen to. Love the punkabilly station, perfect match to the setting. Black Mountain is a super solid idea, I'm surprised no one has put a station there complete with quests for after Tabitha is dealt with. If you do it please don't make it a hideout with a bunch of retarded munchkin poo poo though.

I was loving the Bison Steve mod until I got to Uncle Whatever's mansion outside West Vegas. :psyduck:

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Yeah, no, I'd never do anything like that. It always pisses me off when a mod adds a bunch of poo poo it doesn't need to. Been playing Skyrim a bit as of late and a ton of mods for it do stupid poo poo like that. If I did Black Mountain, I'd probably just make something real simple like letting you switch the station back on after Tabitha leaves, and maybe something like rigging a signal booster a la Fallout 3 so you can hear it everywhere. For style, I'm thinking a mixed bag of different genres of songs with varying levels of quality, since Tabitha was too busy being out of her damned gourd to really bother with the recordings.

Jimmy Noskill
Nov 5, 2010

Personally, I feel that a lot of the songs that are currently on Conelrad would be appropriate for Black Mountain Radio. Most of it is really silly stuff about communists or the bomb that really emphasizes the Cold War aspect of the setting (and fits with Tabitha's craziness). I'd have done it myself if I could figure out how the hell radio stations actually work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a mod that removes the thin black outline from decals?