Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
Ok cool, thanks. My only experience with a DRU is watching a friend kite like crazy in EQ several years ago. It looks like a little too much to handle at the same time as a second toon.

I don't want to totally veg out and fall asleep when I play like with a WAR/CLR, but I also don't want to drive myself crazy trying to run in circles constantly. I also don't want to gimp myself and miss out on a bunch of cool content, but that sounds pretty hard to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I usually just let the druid hang out, cast a DoT and HoT on my warrior and tabbed back. WAR/(healer) is a bit more exciting than it used to be since warriors have cool active abilities now. BST/DRU just gives you everything you need to murder whatever comes your way, it's nice. Chain pulling helps keep the excitement up, and if you grind xp in a common area you can usually find others to join you. After two the xp isn't penalized so it's better to fill it up with DPS and other people.

Also, who bought the loot, power, ladies banner ad? How dare you use Luclin graphics! :colbert:

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
I never got the luclin model hatred! Other than half elves (oh god) they are not that bad.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Velious graphics, bro. I wish more of the armor used it because my satellite dish helmet on chain looks bad. Now I rock the robocop hat and all is well for now.

(half elf ranger)

Muffet
Jan 18, 2011
Going to duo with a Beastlord, what would be a good partner? Was thinking Bard, Shaman or Ranger but would the pet be enough to hold agro?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Muffet posted:

Going to duo with a Beastlord, what would be a good partner? Was thinking Bard, Shaman or Ranger but would the pet be enough to hold agro?

Shaman would be the best out of the three, though a little bit unnecessary as beastlords are half-shaman.

You're better off picking a druid but hey play whatever you want you don't need anything specific to kill things dead especially in groups.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Muffet posted:

Two-box or two people? Two people it doesn't really matter but BST-DRU as I mentioned earlier is pretty drat good. Shaman is a bit overkill since most of the beastlord's spells are superfluous.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Muffet posted:

would the pet be enough to hold agro?

My friend boxes a warrior and beastlord and the beastlord pet is great at holding aggro and off tanking.

Muffet
Jan 18, 2011
Playing with another player. I played a Druid on Live so I wanted to try something else. Thanks for the info guys.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Where is goon squad tier wise anyway?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

T9. Most of the T10 fights are difficult because we're pretty boxed.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

There's also only like 5 fights that are tier 10 in the game. A lot of Spires could probably be considered tier 10 though since some of them are very basic fights.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Is there an IRC channel or anything where SoD goons hang out? I've been toying with the idea of starting to play and I'd like to be able to get in touch with Goon Squad.

Of course, that relies on me being able to pick a race/class/name, and I can't loving decide! :mad:

Also: is there any way for Dark Elf Shadowknights to get Slam like the large races? Is there an AA for it or anything? Or are they really just screwed out of bashing with a 2H because EQ is retarded like that?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

We hang out in irc.shardsofdalaya.com #goonsquad. You'll eventually be able to bash as a Dark Elf using a 2hander, since there's an alternate advancement ability for it.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Bard, Beastlord and Magician for an exp trio work out? Me and two buddies are thinking of playing again. Was sad to see my bard was deleted.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Kortel posted:

Bard, Beastlord and Magician for an exp trio work out? Me and two buddies are thinking of playing again. Was sad to see my bard was deleted.

Are you sure it was deleted? That usually doesn't happen; plenty of people have come back after years of inactivity and found some forgotten lowbie character they had.

That trio would work decently for leveling but isn't really ideal. If one of you decided to box a cleric or druid you'd be golden though.

Bandwidth Wagon
Nov 14, 2002

The E-Wagon of the I-Future

Suprfli6 posted:

Are you sure it was deleted? That usually doesn't happen; plenty of people have come back after years of inactivity and found some forgotten lowbie character they had.

That trio would work decently for leveling but isn't really ideal. If one of you decided to box a cleric or druid you'd be golden though.

Just want to reiterate this. I don't think there's ever been an account purge on SoD. Did you give someone the keys to your account before you left? It's possible they changed your password or some such. For example, I remember a bard from my time on SoD before I even joined Goonsquad who went by Qwop and he gave his details to our guildleader when he quit and she changed his password a couple times to restrict access to his account.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Nope. I even tried loking my old bard up on the character database thing they have. It's gone. So start back from square one on my original box account. Which had a level 8 Druid. Though I should ask about my old account. My 21old Bard still exists from like... five years ago?

Kortel fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Mar 13, 2012

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Kortel posted:

Nope. I even tried loking my old bard up on the character database thing they have. It's gone. So start back from square one on my original box account. Which had a level 8 Druid. Though I should ask about my old account. My 21old Bard still exists from like... five years ago?

It should still be there, even banned characters show up on fomelo and I have literally never heard of a character being deleted for any reason.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

this is what you're missing if you're not playing with us

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Better to just turn everyone into taldorians or skeletons when they're afk in your group in sadri. :colbert:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hell, Negatron was my Halflings name on Sullon Zek way back when. :staredog:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Just popping in to say the "Come Play Videogame, M'Lord" banner never fails to crack me up when I see it.

Toshi
Oct 14, 2005
Hey dudes, what's been going on while I was gone. You may know me as Toshie

Bandwidth Wagon
Nov 14, 2002

The E-Wagon of the I-Future

Toshi posted:

Hey dudes, what's been going on while I was gone. You may know me as Toshie

Word. I remember playing with you and Veskit back in the day with my druid Kera (and I think later my rogue Merona). I haven't played in a couple years but I still enjoy following this thread.

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
We have never deleted characters! If your toon is gone it is because someone deleted it or you are remembering the info wrong! I would be happy to help with a search if you want to hit me up in IRC.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Tash posted:

We have never deleted characters! If your toon is gone it is because someone deleted it or you are remembering the info wrong! I would be happy to help with a search if you want to hit me up in IRC.

Hi Tash I have forgotten my infos for my character his name is Bango he's a level 20 gnome paladin. Also I have forgotten my infos for my other character his name is Solosolki he is a level 32 wizard.

Thanks! :)

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I also lost the account info to a Duke Grupo, please get on that.

EmanDelcycer
Mar 29, 2010

I have a 12 Beastlord named Dichol if anyone wants to group up

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Changed the first post thanks to the efforts of a certain goon (not sure what his name is on here). Any more suggestions?

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

So did anyone mention the new level 10-20 zone that they added in the Newport (Qeynos) sewers?

tuscany
Apr 13, 2007

since EQ has gone F2P, does that mean i can install it and use that installation for SoD?

Tash
Oct 7, 2008
Yes! I believe so!

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
This server sounds really cool, I'm going to register and give it a try. But, I was wondering, what software do you guys use to multibox on this server? I have no experience doing it in EQ1 but all I can find are subscription based programs.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
SoD comes with EQWindows built in.

As for macroing or something? Not allowed. With only two accounts active at a time and most traditional boxes being (healer)/(fighter guy) I don't see a real need for it.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica

Stanos posted:

SoD comes with EQWindows built in.

As for macroing or something? Not allowed. With only two accounts active at a time and most traditional boxes being (healer)/(fighter guy) I don't see a real need for it.

Oh cool I was still setting up my original everquest client so I hadn't installed SoD yet.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Yeah EQ1 is a lot more box-friendly than most newer MMOs so macro software isn't really necessary. If you were going to be boxing 3+ characters it would be, but you can only do two characters at a time on SoD anyway.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Me and my friends are getting into the 40's on our characters but we are still wearing some gear with only AC on it. We plan to lock our XP and do some adepts but we also want to camp some regular names to help fill out our gear. What are some good places a group of 40's can go to camp gear?

Keep of Mielech and Tunnels of Lasanth are two zones we are going to try but I feel those are going to be a little to high for us, we can XP there but it will be hard camping gear there since we can't just slaughter everything in the zone yet.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Heartland Plateau has some decent named drops and good exp. Also decent money if you keep tradeskill drops and sell to higher levels.

Lair of Paw, although some of the higher nameds are in the mid 40s.

South Kaladim has some good nameds, some of the regular trash might be light blue but I'm not sure.

Also don't forget treasure maps. I had heard at one point that the 40-49 simple tmaps were not as worthwhile as other brackets because they are relatively harder but that might have changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
Thinking about picking this up on Macbook Pro running Bootcamp. Anyone have issues doing so?

Also, which classes are the best to solo through early levels with no twinking?

• Locked thread