Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

The Bible posted:

I wear glasses and this is totally true. Demons just all over the place.

Yeah it's right there on the little sign over the drug store eyeglasses section. Something like WARNING: EXTENDED USE MAY CAUSE DEMONS TO BECOME VISIBLE OR TO MANIFEST, DO NOT WEAR WHILE OPERATING HEAVY MACHINERY. They're required by law to have one of those labels up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

HELLO

When she moved in with us it became immediately impossible to joke about loving anything anymore because she would sulk and occasionally get Benito to talk to me and Aric about the "toxic environment" because I might've somehow let slip what I might want to do to another girl/guy/food item/whatever. Susan had a presence. She was a physically big girl, too, but that's not what I mean. Everything had to be just so in Susan's living environment or it was "toxic." It was 'toxic' a lot in part because Aric and I would commit the atrociously unbearable crime of horsing around in the kitchen when cooking and that was just unacceptable. Most of the time, Aric and I remained sealed in our rooms. We all lived in a big four bedroom house at that point. Aric and I had separate rooms, Benito and Susan shared a room, and we had a spare.

They'd been dating for four months before she finally let Benito hold her hand, and he was getting a little blue in the balls. She had yet to so much as feel him up. Six or seven months in she finally allowed him to get close to going down on her. I say close, because she would fake out when he was about to and she'd start to cry and it would literally end in tears. I know this because she would never shut up about how great it was. Ever.

Susan was into World of Warcraft. Really into World of Warcraft. Like, would have screaming loving conniptions if her access was jeopardized for even a few hours. She would spend days in that chair, which was located in the basement part of the house we were renting. Benito eventually settled for getting a beanbag chair and a TV down there and making it a pretty cool hangout spot so he could be near her whilst she was gaming. God drat, that poor guy.

Anyhow, her video card burned out or something, I don't really know the details but she needed a new one. She got a new one and when it arrived there was screaming from downstairs. I thought she'd been hurt so I flew down to see Benito trying to console her. She was throwing small objects, screaming, huge tears rolling down her face.

Apparently the screws were the wrong size or something so she'd have to get different ones from the computer shop, but it was 11PM and there was no way we'd get those screws until tomorrow. Holy loving poo poo. I was working freelance illustration at this point and took a break to offer for her to come and watch a film with me and Benito to get her mind off it. But we didn't understand! No, you're right Susan. We didn't understand. This screaming and crying went on for hours. She swore at me and Aric and our attempts at trying to get her to calm down. Eventually, we just left.

World of Warcraft wasn't the only thing she did on that PC until 6am as it turns out, though. She liked to roleplay with people. Not that weird, I guess, except for that she did it to such an extent where she'd go days with only having four hours of sleep each night. No, it became weird when Susan told me about the content of these roleplays.

Extremely graphic textfucking. Now, I may not be into that, but it's not something I'd consider beyond the realm of vanilla. However considering her stance on sex and sexual discussion it was strange as hell but that wasn't even it. It was her roleplaying the male dragon god that was 'in her head,' and his many exploits with other dragon gods that were played by other people, and how they made him pregnant a fuckload. He had some name with like a billion Xs in it, so we'll call him Xerox.

She liked to draw dragons a lot and showed me her sketchbook at some point since we both draw. There were shittons of sketches of this skinny Chinese dragon looking character with a bulging stomach and boners everywhere. Most of the sketches of him were in "feral" form which means he was quadrupedal and not anthropomorphic. Picture a skinny, noodly dog with a ballooning gut.

Remember, she's a virgin, here, hello, she doesn't want to hear about your creepy sex poo poo.
Unless it's about two male dragons loving and making each other pregnant. :psyduck:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

uglynoodles posted:

Unless it's about two male dragons loving and making each other pregnant. :psyduck:
There seems to be a loophole in teenagers' "ew ew ew" if it's about guy-guy.

I do not suspect that this woman never got past the mental age of 11.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I was about to request drawings of Susan but I'm not entirely sure I really want to know.

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

uglynoodles posted:

He had some name with like a billion Xs in it, so we'll call him Xerox.
...Picture a skinny, noodly dog with a ballooning gut.

With that name, and that image, all I can picture is a reptilian Precious looking in the mirror.

"Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me. I'd gently caress me m-preg."

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

uglynoodles posted:

She liked to draw dragons a lot and showed me her sketchbook at some point since we both draw. There were shittons of sketches of this skinny Chinese dragon looking character with a bulging stomach and boners everywhere.

As in, the dragon had multiple dongs all over it, or just unrelated boners sharing space with the dragon?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I'm actually not sure which would disturb me more :psyduck:

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
What is it with furries and multi-dicked dragons? I mean, really now.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

uglynoodles posted:

Anyhow, her video card burned out or something, I don't really know the details but she needed a new one. She got a new one and when it arrived there was screaming from downstairs. I thought she'd been hurt so I flew down to see Benito trying to console her. She was throwing small objects, screaming, huge tears rolling down her face.

Apparently the screws were the wrong size or something so she'd have to get different ones from the computer shop, but it was 11PM and there was no way we'd get those screws until tomorrow. Holy loving poo poo. I was working freelance illustration at this point and took a break to offer for her to come and watch a film with me and Benito to get her mind off it. But we didn't understand! No, you're right Susan. We didn't understand. This screaming and crying went on for hours. She swore at me and Aric and our attempts at trying to get her to calm down. Eventually, we just left.

Did she... try not screwing it down?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

neongrey posted:

Did she... try not screwing it down?

I wondered this too. It's not like the graphics card does a lot of bucking around when it's in use. Why not just use it as is, then put in the screw when it's available?

This is some lame addiction. A real addict would have just plugged it in and started playing. Maybe strap it down with some duct tape or something.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Yeah you don't need to screw in the video card at all, it stays in its socket as long as you aren't violently yanking on the monitor cable to it.

Hedera Helix posted:

What is it with furries and multi-dicked dragons? I mean, really now.

Well if you're going to get hosed by a dragon, maybe its more efficent?

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Lt. Marmalade posted:

:byodood:: She's opening a portal! Look at her arms! This is a ritual to rip a hole between our world and hell. Before you know it, this place will be swarmed. Let's go to McDonald's.

Haha, gently caress me, that's one of the funniest things I've ever read!

Wish I had stories to contribute but I've always been lucky enough to (mostly) spot the crazies and keep a wide berth.

Saying that, I did have an ex who tried to put a curse me by placing a black candle over a picture of me then emailing it to all our mutual friends. I saw her in a club about 2 months later at 2am, I got chucked out for screaming "MAGIC DISPELLED MAGIC DISPELLED" whilst peppering her with beer farts. I am not a reasonable man whilst drunk.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

The Bible posted:

I wondered this too. It's not like the graphics card does a lot of bucking around when it's in use. Why not just use it as is, then put in the screw when it's available?

This is some lame addiction. A real addict would have just plugged it in and started playing. Maybe strap it down with some duct tape or something.

If she meant the little screw that holds the card down to the case, then yeah, not important. If these were screws to hold a heatsink, then those things better be correct and tightly fastened, or your shiny new video card is going to burst into flames a little.

Now she could have just kept the stock heatsink on until the next day, but she doesn't strike me as someone with that kind of foresight.

Farbauti
Dec 8, 2011

Ensign Expendable posted:

If she meant the little screw that holds the card down to the case, then yeah, not important. If these were screws to hold a heatsink, then those things better be correct and tightly fastened, or your shiny new video card is going to burst into flames a little.

Now she could have just kept the stock heatsink on until the next day, but she doesn't strike me as someone with that kind of foresight.

I doubt she would have been swapping out coolers on a graphics card, she doesn't strike me as the sort with the technical savvy to overclock it to the extent that would require an aftermarket cooler. She was just a dumb person being dumb. Also, video game addiction is stupid as hell.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

uglynoodles posted:

He had some name with like a billion Xs in it, so we'll call him Xerox.

I bet it was XxxSephirothxxX

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
This brings to mind two people in my somewhat checkered past.

First, My Husband Died and My Magically Beautiful Twins Are All I Have, OK!

I, too, once roleplayed. It had been so long that I had almost forgotten. A couple of my "real life" friends and I participated in online chatroom roleplays based on popular girl-oriented young adult novels, though they eventually spawned their own generic fantasy universe so we could have WOLVES and VAMPIRES and you know... fun stuff.

This was around age 12-13 for most of us, but the RP also had some older women involved. One of them was Dee. Dee was an interesting character and was actually quite nice, but the stories she told were dubious at best.

As a rather sweet and wide-eyed twelve year old, I was willing to believe her stories absolutely until some of the older (fifteen to seventeen) girls pointed out that they were likely complete bullshit. It was kind of a 'learning moment' for me in terms of internet honesty.

According to Dee (who said she was in her mid twenties), her life involved:
- Marrying a wonderful, loving, dreamboat of a man with wavy inky black hair and infinite eyes.
- Losing said perfect man to a poignant, prolonged battle with cancer.
- Having a set of twins to remember him by that also had his wavy inky black hair and infinite eyes. (I also vaguely remember a third, older daughter, but it's been a long time)
- Working her way through a graduate degree while raising her Super Special Children
- Feeling her husband's "spirit" through some metaphysical means, and feeling as if he were giving his input on her daily decisions

Dee stuck by this story for years. I don't know how much I can emphasize this. I was in contact with these people long after I stopped roleplaying, and she had maintained her marriage/cancer/babies facade for at least five years. However, having been added by her on facebook another five years later... not a single mention. She is also much younger than she had implied - by which I mean she is two years older than I am, and facebook also tells me she is a "self employed, self publishing fantasy novelist" now.

Now, I understand that roleplaying in itself is just complex lying, and I think that most of us wanted to seem "cooler" than we were and made up some things (oh, how my face turns red when friends I made there remind me of my Special Snowflake moments) but this elaborate ruse derived sympathy from the entire community every time her kids god sick, or she was low on money, or child welfare was called by her EVIL mother-in-law. It was... beyond strange, and kind of sad.

I don't know how much of this she wanted to believe, but it certainly was a large part of her life.

-

The second story that occurred to me was just a brief thought about a friend of mine who became seriously involved with World of Warcraft at around age sixteen. She had a strong fantasy life involved with it, including fantasies about being an incubus and writing a series of dramatic fantasy novels based in "her world" and loosely around her self-insertion character.

She spent a lot of time on these stories and fantasizing about being this elven-style succubus, and acting out these fantasies with men on WoW. Ate age eighteen or nineteen she moved half way across the state to live in a trailer with a man older than my father (though not hers, which I think was part of why she saw it as 'ok') who had children her age and even slightly older. She said there was no sexual satisfaction in the relationship, and I remember feeling some horror that she was having sex with the man (having been sixteen or so myself at the time) when he was clearly not interested in her as a whole, healthy person. Mostly they sat in the trailer all day eating and playing WoW in separate rooms.

She was very nice, but also very dependent on male attention and loved to play DnD with a group of really socially awkward, stunted older men who would all listen to her plot lines and fantasies about her succubus character and play into her fantasy world.*** It was sad to watch, and I'm pleased that she managed to escape (some) of that downward spiral, though she is still your typical peasant skirt patchouli DnD type.

*** A sidenote on these men: most of my friends hung out with them through DnD or hanging out at the game shop they frequented, but I was always dramatically freaked out that these late twenties to EARLY FORTIES men were playing sexualized DnD with high school girls and making awkward, painful bids to 'flirt with thee, milady'

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Trilineatus posted:

Stories.

Thread/AV combo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Trilineatus posted:

:words:
It's amazing how many of these stories can really be summed up by

:j: Daddy issues.
:v: Daddy issues?
:j: Daddy issues!

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
I used to work with someone who was convinced that she was a "crystal angel". She used to talk about how her mother had made contact with spiritual beings from outer space and how her soul was "half human, half angel" because her mother had put space crystals on her stomach when she was pregnant. She claimed she had to "charge" by putting her crystals in the sunlight and resting her hands in the "light rainbows" that they produced or she would get terrible headaches.

I just found her on Facebook and she still thinks she's a crystal angel. She appears to weight 500lbs or something now too and claims to be a Wiccan priestess.

Sigh.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

What in the name of hell is 'infinite eyes'? I'm assuming it's meant to be descriptive like maybe his eyes were deep and fathomless or some poo poo, but all I can think of is a beautiful anime man with ten billion eyes sprouting all over his body like glistening blinking tumors.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Colon V posted:

It's amazing how many of these stories can really be summed up by

:j: Daddy issues.
:v: Daddy issues?
:j: Daddy issues!

This thread is ruining daddy issues for me. They used to be hot.

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

Trilineatus posted:

facebook also tells me she is a "self employed, self publishing fantasy novelist" now.

Self-employed, self-publishing and self-publicising - this woman is truly living the dream. Literally.

At 36 I'm fairly ancient by internet standards and I can't tell you how awkward I'd feel roleplaying with teenagers. Actually, I just wouldn't do it. The possibilities of inappropriate situations happening are endless.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Corridor posted:

What in the name of hell is 'infinite eyes'? I'm assuming it's meant to be descriptive like maybe his eyes were deep and fathomless or some poo poo, but all I can think of is a beautiful anime man with ten billion eyes sprouting all over his body like glistening blinking tumors.

I immediately though of this, from The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

hyperhazard posted:

I immediately though of this, from The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy.

This is exactly what I thought of. There's some vector graphic of this character out there (or something like it). Infinite eyes.

I guess we're past the nice guys topic but my fiance was apparently pursued by one of these guys for years. (Weirdly we both have the same name.) She found him on facebook last year and he has pictures of himself brandishing make-believe weapons. (I'm 28, fiance and her former nice guy foil are 27. The pictures are recent.) His friend list is like 18 women, 2 men.

I think in high school I had some of those Nice Guy tendencies, but I wasn't nearly as awful as these other guys. It wasn't that bad being just friends. It was just a disappointment to be let down, really. The stories here (and elsewhere) are frightening. That poor guy running into the glass door at his own job, what the hell.

It is one thing to be led on or manipulated, but those situations are rare and obvious.

Uglynoodles, I swear for half your latest post I thought you were talking about this woman I know named Amanda. Holy poo poo I wish I didn't know her. It's only through a friend that I've been exposed to her, but since then I've never doubted stories of poopsock emotional depravity.

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 17, 2012

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Corridor posted:

This is approximately what I thought about the description, but it is meant to imply that he was "tall, dark, mysterious, glittery and shiny and all things special"

And yeah, daddy issues. I can't say I don't have them too, but it mostly just gives me a hard on for guys who know a lot about trees and/or programming. I find this more harmless than moving into a trailer with my new "daddy"

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
I require none of your validation, let me spend two hours explaining why or With Apologies to Friedrich Nietzsche.

Today was an interesting day for many reasons. I completed a bit of work, had a nice conversation with a few others, met an interesting Masters' student (and got to read a copy of a very touching fairytale she was editing) and then spent three hours on a channel of a well-known IRC network in a state somewhere between complete euphoria and utterly aghast.
For I have beheld the glory of... let's call him Bob.

Bob posted:

Not necessarily, I believe that due to my passivity and lack of action, external influence has led me downward through the planes of existence
it is to rise once more to the top that seems to be the issue
But yes I have felt something quite Spiritual
almost "magical" as some say
However I was unaware of how rare it is for individuals to reach these states
that the opinions of others held little to no value to me anymore, except for a few
Its more of a state where energy resides in you

Now, I'm no philosopher, and I'm in no position to criticise someones' life philosophy.
However, the boyfriend of my roommate is, and after two minutes of recounting my encounter began savagely bashing his head against my doorframe, which makes me feel justified in recounting this here.

Bob posted:

I didn't realize I had to stand like a mad man yelling out everything I believe to defend myself in order to sustain myself, especially considering my familiarity with the human condition

"An intellectual conversation? On this network?" I wondered, and sure enough, my delusions were immediately dispelled when another user chimed in. (I'll represent her as Alice; she becomes relevant again later on.)

quote:

Alice: what's all this blogging about? I'm not sure I can be bothered reading
Bob: Your choice Its about a mass delusion and how to deal with it
[...]
Bob: Cuz I need some feedback
Bob: or answers
Bob: or ideas
Bob: Im working with metaphysics atm
Bob: seems to be the most apt place

A channel, notorious for being full of weeaboos and idiots is the most apt place for his discussion?
:getin:

However, I was hungry, and thus left to make dinner. When I rejoined, some two hours later, what greeted my weary eyes?

Bob posted:

I just wrote this
It has reached a point where I have no more patience for human stupidity. The situation now is I have no more reasons to be nice, and most of you worthless sacks of flesh and poor excuses for humans beings... Your lives now mean nothing to me. I have nothing to lose and it is a literal do or die, I've had enough. Get the gently caress, Out of my way, You Dirty Little
loving Delusional Cock Sucking Bastards. I will live my life how I want, and I like it fucken Raw. I dont even care if I die, Bitch.

From philosophy to rap music in a scant two hours - a multitalent.

quote:

[Other User]: so... what is it you want?
Bob: Live free and independtly
[Other User]: thats just a concept
[Other User]: what SPECIFICALLY
Bob: It correlates to the prior statements I made about the delusion, and all that bullshit
Bob: It deals with metaphysical solipsism

:eng101: Metaphysical solipsism is expressed by the assertion "I myself only exist", in other words, no reality exists other than one's own mind.

So, basically, the entire world is imagined by him and should stop getting him down. Not to mention that an actual believer in solipism would see no point in communicating his ideas to any other being - they don't exist, after all. :pseudo:
I have no idea what he meant by 'the delusion', though. I was about to find out later, but in the meantime:

quote:

Bob: I took Jungs personality test, I am a mastermind
Bob: 1-4% of the population
Bob: A rare one

Now, being a moderately educated and well-meaning individual, how could I resist joining this riveting discourse?

quote:

Bob: There is nothing I will not do at this point
Bob: However I will be good to few
:v:: Bob: Congrats, self-diagnosed autistic!

How could I resist? We proceeded smoothly; he at first talked to a fellow Jungian Mastermind, here represented as Chuck.

quote:

Bob: I hate material things
Bob: I value other people and relationships
Bob: to me this is what truly matters
[...]
Bob: Its the delusion that bothers why
Bob: which most likely led to god
Bob: When you know why people are the way they are... you just kinda let poo poo go
Bob: Its why politicians still use Gods name
Bob: and I find humanity pathetic for still having religions
:v:: Your tears are delicious
Chuck: maybe in help
Bob: OHhhh some faggit here eh :v:
Bob: Well you're just the type i'd love to slaughter
:v:: Yessir.
Bob: I mean this literally
Chuck: slaughter the lamb
:v:: I think our judical system would disagree though
Bob: I wont hurt the innocent
Bob: or the kind hearted
Bob: Only the pieces of poo poo
Bob: No crime scene, No crime

Now, at this point I was fully convinced that this person was taking the piss. I mean, nobody seriously argues or believes something like that, right? Right?

quote:

Bob: I've exceeded the limits imposed onto human beings
Bob: I understand their systems
Bob: their beliefs
Bob: Their spectrum of human nature
:v:: So what are you? Homo superior?
Bob: The Ubermensch yo
:suicide:

And that's how I met someone who would go on to /query me over two hours, every single of my curt replies provoking another deluge of :words:. I couldn't stop seeing if more would come. And more always came.

That fairytale I got to read was pretty cool, though.

Morristron
Nov 20, 2010
I'm reading this thread for the first time just now and am only on about page 11, but I'mma flash forward to tell you how this is all *very* familiar to me. I'll only tell the cliff notes, because it's long and dumb and probably not as cool as uglynoodles' story:

There were these three chicks (later two, as one of them wisely gtfo'd and changed her number) who were basically this, except no anime, so they just made their own poo poo up, and also both very good looking. I was 14 at the time and they decided that apparently I was 'destined' to be their 'guardian', or something. Functionally, what this meant was following them around and paying attention to them while they did crazy poo poo.

I'd like to tell you that I saw through it and took a wide berth, but I was a 14 year old boy and they were hot and I *really* wanted to touch boobies. I basically would have believed that eating glass gives you a superpowers. Hormones are tough to deal with and I pity all teenagers.

Anyways, most of these phases and whatnot I've read so far are very familiar, including astral rape babies. Just replace one cave troll with three very good looking, high strung balls of crazy.

Mine ends somewhat happily. From what I can tell from the photos avalible when they friend-requested me last year, they appear to all have lives that at least appear normal on the surface, including, in one case, a couple kids and a doctor for a husband.

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

She's opening a portal to hell!
Let's go to McDonald's.

Colon V posted:

If I could afford to right now, I would almost certainly make that your new avatar text.

I'm not quite sure why, but I find this very flattering. Thanks! :)

Master Jack and his Dragons

I decided to skip ahead to this story because of the topic of dragons. I don't think these dragons had multiple penises, though. :(

So in addition to being an adept demon spotter, Alan fancied himself a skilled practitioner of the arcane arts. One day, he mentioned the name Jack in passing conversation. When I asked him who Jack was, he replied nonchalantly, “Oh, Jack's my master”. I was sheltered enough that I didn't automatically assume that he was secretly some sort of BDSM slave. Not quite knowing how to respond to this, I asked him what he meant. He told me that everything he knew about magic and even some martial arts, he learned from Jack. The saturated reverence in his voice was as if he was talking about some holy prophet. His voice even got quieter as he described how great his master was. His description left me thinking “Holy poo poo, Alan is actually being deferential. What has this guy done?” Alan informed me with childlike glee that Jack was going to visit the Pagan Club space that very day and I would be lucky enough to meet him.

When Jack arrived it took me a while to realize that he wasn't the wrong guy with the same name. Surely this short, overweight, toad-like creature could not have taught Alan everything he knows. The smugness emanating from his every pore hung around him like an obnoxious, punchable cloud. Objective measurements are the only way I can really express how short this guy was. I'm 5'2 and I was significantly taller than him. Jack hung around while Alan bowed to him every couple of minutes, replying to everything Jack said with “Yes, master. Really, master?” and so on.

Jack sat on a chair the way a king would sit on his throne (that could have just been because to him, it probably was), regaling us with tales of his most recent victories in battles. He would describe these obviously made up stories of how he would beat people up for disrespecting him and his code.

He also claimed to be involved in the military on a regular basis, when he obviously would not have passed any physical our military would have put him through. He was just one, huge, liar. And Alan ate his poo poo up like it was Sunday dinner.

The reason for Jack's visit became clear soon enough. He was going to cast a ritual spell to summon a dragon and he needed Alan's added magical strength for it to succeed. At this point I asked him if he meant real dragons. He then looked at me for the first time since he had arrived, peering straight into my eyes with his beady gaze and said, “Dragons are all around us, but they only reveal themselves to the pure.” I tried to look at it logically, “Okay, sure but if dragons are real, why would they be in the city? It's not a great place to hide a dragon.” He looked at me with pity and proceeded to describe to me all of the dragons that had not only revealed themselves to him, but pledged themselves to do his bidding. After “educating me” he returned to the task of convincing Alan to join him in his extremely important ritual. I asked when it was going to happen. Jack turned to me with a look of great annoyance, as if his patience was being so very taxed and responded “Tonight. There is a full moon which we require to recharge the pentacle.” I said “Cool! I'm free then, can I come watch?” At this point I was still very innocent and entirely open to the idea that some sort of magic was going to occur. Jack smugly smiled at me and somehow looked down at me from below. “No, I don't think you can. Women are impure, would ruin the spell's power and anyways, you'd be much too weak to be any help otherwise.” When Jack left to prepare for the night's big event, I turned to Alan and told him that I really wanted to go to the ritual. I was furious over Jack's disrespect. He said “Leave it to me, I'll talk to him. He'll see it differently coming from me.”

Later on, Alan returned and I asked him if I could come see them “recharge the pentacle” and he said, “I'm sorry, he's made up his mind. There's nothing I can do,” he shrugged “he's my master!”

I never did get to see their magical ritual (that took place in the college courtyard) but I can assume it didn't go very well. Or maybe Jack thought it did, he was the only one who could see the dragons anyways, so I'm sure he found a way to convince Alan of his power and dragonkin. As I didn't see the ritual itself, here's an artist's rendition of what it was probably like:

:nws: Made this NWS for dragon-boob content :nws:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Lt. Marmalade posted:

I'm not quite sure why, but I find this very flattering. Thanks! :)

Master Jack and his Dragons

:nws: Made this NWS for dragon-boob content :nws:

Your art and stories are horrifically amazing :allears:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Oh, my God, the last NWS picture is amazing. No wonder they didn't want a woman around -- how awkward would it be to get cockblocked by some chick when flirting with the great titty-dragon?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This is absolutely amazing. Just the idea of two dudes going out to the park to conduct a ritual to ride dragons is the funniest thing.

I probably won't even be surprised anymore if they hang out with Kenneth Eng.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Lt. Marmalade posted:

Master Jack, boobdragons and the ritual that would be tainted by women, as if the very concept wasn't a natural woman-repellent.

God I want to see some footage of this ritual.

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This is absolutely amazing. Just the idea of two dudes going out to the park to conduct a ritual to ride dragons is the funniest thing.

I probably won't even be surprised anymore if they hang out with Kenneth Eng.

The "Master" strikes me as being some kind of poor man's Alasteir Crowley. He made a career out of convincing gullible people of his mighty Magick (yes, he spelled it that way) powers in England between about the Edwardian period and the 1930s.

To my knowledge, though, no invocation of dragons was involved.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

General Panic posted:

The "Master" strikes me as being some kind of poor man's Alasteir Crowley. He made a career out of convincing gullible people of his mighty Magick (yes, he spelled it that way) powers in England between about the Edwardian period and the 1930s.

At least they were not looking for their own Scarlet Women.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

General Panic posted:

Yeah, he was probably trying to be a fatter greasier teenaged Crowley, without all the psychedelic drugs and charisma and balls-out-crazy imagination. Plus even Crowley (a goddamn Victorian Englishman) accepted that while women were obviously inferior in society and intellectual pursuits, they were more or less equal in the magickal roles when they weren't off having babies or whatever. In fact he claimed something about male and female balance being necessary, his Thoth tarot is all about that poo poo. And wasn't the Scarlet Women supposed to represent ultimate female empowerment when she wasn't being his goddess masturbation fantasy?

I bet Master passed off his inability to get laid as 'staying pure'. Because y'know, sex drains your magical powers. :colbert: Otherwise his magical prowess would be pulling girls all the time. He just didn't WANT his empowering semen being stolen by impure antimagic vaginal vortexes.

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

Let's go to McDonald's.

Corridor posted:

I bet Master passed off his inability to get laid as 'staying pure'. Because y'know, sex drains your magical powers. :colbert: Otherwise his magical prowess would be pulling girls all the time. He just didn't WANT his empowering semen being stolen by impure antimagic vaginal vortexes.

I've heard this so many times! Men in the club was literally split into men who aren't having sex because they're "staying pure for their magick":colbert:/men who have sex because they can :c00lbert:. Then Alan was part of the "whine as much as you can about being a virgin and maybe someone will give you a pity gently caress, hey it's worth a shot" club.

Also, fedoras. So many fedoras :doh:

Edit: Hey! Thanks so much for the avatar! That's super nice of you! :dance:

Lt. Marmalade fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 19, 2012

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lt. Marmalade posted:

Edit: Hey! Thanks so much for the avatar! That's super nice of you! :dance:
I was going to, but realized I'm poor.

So... who did it, then?! :tinfoil:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

That's druidism, and as far as I know we basically have no records on what druids were like. Some speculation exists that one of the smarter posters could link you to I'm sure. Neodruidism is just bananas based on nothing than a shared love of being utterly fruitloopy.

Paganism in a historical context just means 'Not Christian' essentially. I think it was mostly used to refer to old Greek patheons and junk, though I imagine someone will be able to correct me here.

I know this is from a bit back but had to chime in since I'm a History major going to specialize in the Dark Ages.:eng101:

Pagan comes from the word Pagani which meant country dweller and had the same connotations we have today for rural people aka traditionalists/conservatives..etc. As Christianity was growing more in the cities, the hold outs in the boonies still sticking with their traditional Faiths the word began taking more of the connotation we have for it today.

As far as documentation goes for older Faiths to try to reconstruct them, it's a mess from the various accounts of assorted qualities so add to that someone just surface researching or halfassing and you get people slapping together actual religious practice along with whatever may or may not fit.

For an example along with content, there's my friend 'E'. Her grasp of Pagan Faith is pick a couple dieties that sound good from a list (currently Bast and the Green Man), light storebought incense from time to time, bemoan the 'Burning Tymes', gripe there's no Pagan church buildings to be able to hold social gatherings in, and gets loudly offended if someone says any of the minor Christian themed platitudes like "Bless you" when you sneeze.

She is also one of those raw food/milk antivaccination advocates but I haven't sorted out if these are separate beliefs she's incorporated into Faith since she's said 'tampered food' is an offense to the Goddess as well as 'we're not evolved to process not organic food'. Currently she's not talking to me since I called her out on the 'More Pagan Than Thou' attitude.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Colon V posted:

I was going to, but realized I'm poor.

So... who did it, then?! :tinfoil:

That'd be me, it was just too good an idea to allow to slip by. I figured since I haven't actually got any stories to contribute to the thread, I'd throw something at the people who actually do. I've met some creepy, crazy people but sadly none of them ever thought they were dragons or anime princesses, and hence don't really fit the thread topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Marmalade
Feb 15, 2012

Let's go to McDonald's.
Well thanks PurpleXVI! And thanks Colon V for the thought! :hfive:

M_Sinistrari posted:

The Green Man

Could you explain in what way your friend interprets "Green Men"? I knew a guy from the Pagan Club who we called "Green Bob" and everyone thought he was spiritually a tree. I was wondering if maybe other people believe similar things.

• Locked thread