Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterTick
Jul 11, 2011

"We did something this year that was not based on animosity."
To be honest I like this kill organics to save organics idea more than the original dark matter plot from the leaked script.It just fits Sovereign's "you can't understand our purpose" thing much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
:gonk: Holy assballs :gonk:

Wrex found out about the deal I made with the dalatrass, intercepted me on the Citadel, and had a raging shootout with me and C-Sec in the middle of the docking bay, ending with his death.

I did not see that coming at all. Nothing in my Paragon playthrough prepared me for that.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

LobsterTick posted:

To be honest I like this kill organics to save organics idea more than the original dark matter plot from the leaked script.It just fits Sovereign's "you can't understand our purpose" thing much better.

But Sovereign and Harbinger spend the first two games telling Shephard he can't understand their purpose. And then the reapers explain their purpose. :psyduck:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Oh god the trilogy is over. :(
I feel so depressed, I absolutely loved the game but anyone else feels the same way?

I can't wait for the DLCs, I hope they'll add a new character.

Demiurge4 posted:

But Sovereign and Harbinger spend the first two games telling Shephard he can't understand their purpose. And then the reapers explain their purpose. :psyduck:.

That's because back then the Reapers didn't know this cycle was ready to know.And it's pretty hard to accept anyway.
The Crucible being finished and Shepard getting at the top of it is proof they can go beyond Reaping the galaxy.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 14, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

:gonk: Holy assballs :gonk:

Wrex found out about the deal I made with the dalatrass, intercepted me on the Citadel, and had a raging shootout with me and C-Sec in the middle of the docking bay, ending with his death.

I did not see that coming at all. Nothing in my Paragon playthrough prepared me for that.

'Cause that's about as Renegade as it gets.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I loving hate that stupid loving Geth mission with legion where you shoot those virus nodes. Talk about wasting time for no goddamn reason. Was I doing something wrong or does it really take five or six reloads of that stupid loving gun to kill one edge of those memory things. It serves absolutely no goddamn purpose other than to waste time.

Apart from that I'm really enjoying this so far, still have a bunch to do. Even though the game hosed up and Kelly never appeared for me, and yeah I checked a lot before when she is supposed to appear and yes she survived in my ME2 game. :(

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

LobsterTick posted:

You know what would fit it even better?

Not even attempting to explain their purpose.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
So I got DIRECTLY hit by the reapers laser on Tuchanka, I thought it was scripted to not hit you but i'm 100% sure it hit me because I was looking up at it and saw the laser shoot and land directly on me and everything.

It barely broke my shields.

Reapers are bitches.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

^^^^^ You can get hit by the claws a little later, and those definitely one-shot you.

Bongo Bill posted:

'Cause that's about as Renegade as it gets.
I'll confess, I was all but ready to go with that choice, because in ME2 Mordin said that the genophage didn't condemn the krogan to extinction, it left them just enough viable children to survive. Which was the whole reason I had destroyed Maelon's data anyway.

However, at the end of the Tuchanka mission I revealed the intrigue to Mordin and I had what is now officially my favourite scene in the entire goddamn series:

Shepard: Every time we've talked about this before you've defended the genophage! How can you change your mind now?
Mordin: I MADE A MISTAKE!
Mordin: I made a mistake... focused on big picture. Big picture made of little pictures. Too many variables.
Mordin: Can't hide behind statistics. Can't ignore new data. My responsibility.

That "I MADE A MISTAKE!" was such an absolutely perfect delivery, it completely floored me. I subsequently hit the top-left option with barely a conscious thought.

e: I can't find a Youtube copy, there's a million ME3 streamers but it seems everyone does pure paragon or pure renegade only. I might have to record that myself.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 14, 2012

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

NihilCredo posted:

e: I can't find a Youtube copy, there's a million ME3 streamers but it seems everyone does pure paragon or pure renegade only. I might have to record that myself.

Please do, I really want to see that :]

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

skoolmunkee posted:

:siren: Major mordin related spoilers. :siren:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5MTPgjvaoA

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

BIG SPOILERS IN LINK

I think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL2FIUi57Jw is the video you want.

E: Or see above. Holy hell, that one's even bleaker.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 14, 2012

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

BIG SPOILERS IN LINK

I think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL2FIUi57Jw is the video you want.

E: Or see above. But they are different.

gently caress! You wern't kidding, that is a very powerful scene. I think Mordin's arc is definitely my favourite resolution in the whole game.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Tali/Legion related spoiler:
Does this unit have a soul?

God drat that hit me like a sledgehammer. :(

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Oh... oh my god. That first one is appalling. :smithicide:

And the change in Mordin in the second one... chilling.

Still kind of mad at Bioware for not letting the original VA come back and be Mordin, it was probably financial but it just seems like kind of a dick thing to do.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Zedd posted:

Tali/Legion related spoiler:
Does this unit have a soul?

God drat that hit me like a sledgehammer. :(

The Quarian saying was the bit that did it for me there.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

skoolmunkee posted:

Well other people have posted vids with the critical part, but since I had already recorded it I might as well upload it anyway - what's one more redundant youtube? (There is also one earlier choice than is different from either of the other links)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F9AYCc0SUQ

skoolmunkee posted:

Oh... oh my god. That first one is appalling. :smithicide:
Yeah, holy loving poo poo they really rub it in your face. I'm pretty sure that I would have had nightmares about it if I had gone through that cutscene.

Although, now I wonder what it looks like if you have the replacement salarian doctor, when Mordin dies in ME2. I'll keep an eye out for "fuckup Shepard" playthroughs.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

I'll keep an eye out for "fuckup Shepard" playthroughs.

Yeah, a few of the videos I've seen made me wish I'd done a more disastrous playthrough of the previous games.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Zedd posted:

:siren: Major mordin related spoilers. :siren:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5MTPgjvaoA

Oh god I just saw the Wrex follow-up afterwards, what kind of monster would do that :negative:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Cool. A bunch of enemies on the Downed Vessel mission won't trigger and restarting doesn't help. I suppose I've boned myself now since I saved over when I was on the Normandy.

Never mind. Just don't bring Garrus and it doesn't break the scripting.

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 14, 2012

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Creepy Goat posted:

Oh god I just saw the Wrex follow-up afterwards, what kind of monster would do that :negative:
A monster who has come to the conclusion that healthy Krogans are too likely to precipitate the galaxy into a new hell of constant war and genocides.

Yes, in the worst of circumstances, it requires you to betray and kill one friend, and second-guess and murder another. Which is why I couldn't see my Shepard doing it, even with all the tough decisions and sacrifices she had already made. But a different one could have made that choice and have reasons far from monstrous.

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
I hate how these binary reputation systems drive you to going all one way or another for the maximum bonus rather than just making decisions that would make. I've done this continuous save as a renegade since I did light side in KOTOR.

Just finished Tuchanka and it was the most :( ever

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
Finally got some time away from the woman last night to sit down and start ME3 and loving it. I played ME2 to death (like 280 hours according to Steam), so this was a long time coming.

A couple questions though:

1. Adrenaline Rush - I specced this for as short a recharge time as possible but it's NEVER up it seems. I know the CD is triggered by other powers but that's the only one I use and there's been a few times where it's been far more than the 8sec CD but it's just started the CD or something. Is the CD triggered by other actions like melee or something? Squadmate powers? I'm not switching ammo powers or using MedPacks either.

2. Is there actually any point to the Firing Range in the Citadel other than testing your weapon damage? Any kind of scoring or minigame?

3. Spoiler here: Is it possible to take down that Dr. Eve or whatever her name is in the Mars place when you're chasing her all over the place? And thus, save Ashley from getting her poo poo ruined? She had Shields but I couldn't get through them and it was really tough to even get a solid shot off

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

SiliconX posted:

3. Spoiler here: Is it possible to take down that Dr. Eve or whatever her name is in the Mars place when you're chasing her all over the place? And thus, save Ashley from getting her poo poo ruined? She had Shields but I couldn't get through them and it was really tough to even get a solid shot off

No.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

SiliconX posted:

1. Adrenaline Rush - I specced this for as short a recharge time as possible but it's NEVER up it seems. I know the CD is triggered by other powers but that's the only one I use and there's been a few times where it's been far more than the 8sec CD but it's just started the CD or something. Is the CD triggered by other actions like melee or something? Squadmate powers? I'm not switching ammo powers or using MedPacks either.
Are you carrying a lot of weapons? Especially heavy ones?

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
I watched the (more Mordin spoilers) "how to save Mordin" video, and man, it's loving awesome that a decision that goes back to the first game effects something so major (a big character living/dying) in the 3rd game. If only they did so well with the ending.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

SiliconX posted:

no, and the chase is quite hilarious as a vanguard, as you keep charging her but nope, plot armour!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Charlie Mopps posted:

no, and the chase is quite hilarious as a vanguard, as you keep charging her but nope, plot armour!
This is what I was doing and having a Plinkett moment at the same time. What is the loving point of doing this? To teach me how to jump over obstacles and dodge projectiles? Isn't that what I learned during the opening sequence on Earth? What's he shining that light on? I'm so confused...

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

I'm poking around my CE, and the back of the box says "code for the digital soundtrack" is included, but there doesn't seem to be anything like that. I thought it might be an insert like the xbox codes but none of them are for the download. Where am I meant to find this code?

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

THE PWNER posted:

I'm just glad i'm having so much fun in the actual missions (even with the "spacebar for 5 different things" problem) that I havn't even been thinking about how disappointed i'll be when I finish the game.
You can change that in coalesced.ini, although retraining muscle memory is another thing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

skoolmunkee posted:

I'm poking around my CE, and the back of the box says "code for the digital soundtrack" is included, but there doesn't seem to be anything like that. I thought it might be an insert like the xbox codes but none of them are for the download. Where am I meant to find this code?

Forget codes. Go to your bioware.com accoutn and check your promo content in the ME3 section of your profile.

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?
I don't get how the fortification power that James has works.

Recharge Speed: 10 sec
Damage Reduction: 15%
Melee Damage Bonus: 50%
Melee Damage Duration: 20 sec

How long does the damage reduction last? As long as the damage duration?
Why is the recharge speed 10 seconds when the power last 20? Might as well be 20 seconds since you can keep it up forever. I assume I'm missing something.

Also how do I get James to do melee attack, so that he uses this power?

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

Forget codes. Go to your bioware.com accoutn and check your promo content in the ME3 section of your profile.

Thanks Dan, I didn't think of that. :] It seems to be working!

Checking my box though it does look like they gave me an extra From Ashes code, it's yours if you want it

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

skoolmunkee posted:

Thanks Dan, I didn't think of that. :] It seems to be working!

Checking my box though it does look like they gave me an extra From Ashes code, it's yours if you want it

I already have it, man, got the Collector's Edition too, thanks for the offer, though. The syntax is a little confusing, but yeah, it's just a straight download through that link.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Yeah I figured you had :] But in case you had a friend who wanted it, I dunno. It's all I had to offer!

Looking at the insert again I guess it does tell you where to get the soundtrack. I can't read, is all.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Jarl posted:

I don't get how the fortification power that James has works.

Recharge Speed: 10 sec
Damage Reduction: 15%
Melee Damage Bonus: 50%
Melee Damage Duration: 20 sec

How long does the damage reduction last? As long as the damage duration?
Why is the recharge speed 10 seconds when the power last 20? Might as well be 20 seconds since you can keep it up forever. I assume I'm missing something.

Also how do I get James to do melee attack, so that he uses this power?

DR is applied while Fortification is up. If you deactivate (pop) it, James gets a 50% bonus to melee damage for 20 seconds, though I'm not sure how you tell him to punch someone as opposed to shooting. Maybe the AI judges?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

skoolmunkee posted:

Yeah I figured you had :] But in case you had a friend who wanted it, I dunno. It's all I had to offer!

Like I'd be friends with any standard edition owner.

Thanks anyway, though, man, appreciate it.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

SiliconX posted:

2. Is there actually any point to the Firing Range in the Citadel other than testing your weapon damage? Any kind of scoring or minigame?
None. But it's still one of my favourite features in the game: trust me, when you have a half-dozen weapons for each type AND a half-dozen mods for each, having a chance to comfortably test them is absolutely priceless.

My only complaint is that the targets are a bit too weak, so the more powerful sniper rifles and shotguns just one-shot everything and you can't properly evaluate the damage.

Oh, and it would have been nice to have a purchase interface in there, but I guess it would have made the actual market areas seem redundant. At least the range is right next to the Spectre purchasing terminal, so you can quickly test the super-expensive Spectre weapons and reload if you decide they don't fit your style.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Does anybody happen to have a gif of the Reaper vision from Eden Prime from the original Mass Effect? I tried googling it, but I only come up with the full Promethean visions now that ME3 is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

silly posted:

I hate how these binary reputation systems drive you to going all one way or another for the maximum bonus rather than just making decisions that would make. I've done this continuous save as a renegade since I did light side in KOTOR.

Just finished Tuchanka and it was the most :( ever

It's that way in ME1 and 2, but doesn't quite work that way in 3. Not only are the Renegade choices mostly the same result in 3, it also let's you choose blue options as long as your rep is high enough in general.

• Locked thread