Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

U4RiiA posted:

I invested a number of hours into FFXIII that is pretty embarrassing to admit, even on an anonymous forum... There's a reason I have to wait for semester breaks to play video games. :)

I'm assuming that means "a lot." These are the major things that have changed:

Final Fantasy XIII-2

- The battle system is mostly lifted straight from 13. There are a few tweaks and enhancements, like being able to specify "cross" (everyone focuses on one enemy), "wide" (focus on AoE attacks like Blitz, the -ara/-aga spells, etc), and standard versions of each paradigm, and the stupid transition scene the first time you change paradigms is gone.

- Serah and Noel both have access to all 6 roles (though not immediately, they both start with Com/Rav/Sen). Serah is a better Ravager and Saboteur, Noel is a better Commando and Syngergist. Neither is a great medic, and neither of them get access to Bravery, Faith, the En- spells, and Haste is no longer in the game period (you can only get it by getting a preemptive strike).

- As a rule of thumb, monsters are almost always better than your characters at whatever role they happen to play. There are exceptions, but even those exceptions can be fixed up with enough infusion.

- Monsters have three characteristics, but the only you really need to note is "Early Peaker," "Well Grown," and "Late Bloomer." Early Peakers only get one pass around the crystarium, and don't get any bonuses, but they get really good stat gains to make up for it. Late Bloomers are the opposite, in that their stat gains aren't great, but they can go all the way up to Monster Grade 5 (which depending on if they started at Grade 1 or 2 means either 4 or 5 complete passes), and in the end they'll almost always be among your best monsters. Well Grown monsters fall somewhere in between.

- The Crystarium itself has changed a ton. You can level any job on any node, but big nodes give you stat bonuses depending which job you use on the node. I think this is the list, though I probably got the gains for Sab/Syn mixed up:

Commando: +2 Atk
Ravager: +2 Mag
Medic/Sentinel: +6 HP
Saboteur: +2 Mag (Even level coming in)/ +2 Str (Odd level coming in)
Synergist: +2 Mag (Even level)/ +6 HP (Odd level)

- After you finish a full pass of the Crystarium, you start over and can choose a bonus. For Serah and Noel, you get things like unlocking new jobs, getting a job level, increasing the ATB bar, and increasing your accessory point limit. Monsters can only choose from role levels and ATB increases.

- The game as a whole is much easier than 13 was. A good monster doesn't take long to pay for itself, and you won't find near the amount of bosses with 10 million HP. Without going out of my way to grind much, I five-starred the final boss on my first try.

- The game is really short if you plow right through it. When I beat the final boss, I had clocked about 35 hours, and half of that had to be me loving around in time periods that either didn't pertain to the main plot, or going back to try and find more fragments. Postgame lets you go back and unlock some alternate endings and other stuff, so there's still plenty to do after beating the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm about to start playing Rune Factory 3. I remember playing Harvest Moon in the SNES many moons ago but I haven't played any of the games since then. Any tips?

Niccus
Apr 5, 2008

Cake, jesters, unfaltering love and support.

gmq posted:

I'm about to start playing Rune Factory 3. I remember playing Harvest Moon in the SNES many moons ago but I haven't played any of the games since then. Any tips?

To recap the answers in the Harvest Moon thread for posterity:

Killbot posted:

Talk to everyone at least once a day. That's the best way to learn about events, what they like and hate, and so on. Once you hear an event mentioned (someone's birthday, a contest, etc) it gets marked on your calendar.

Keep failed foods and cans/boots that you fish up, at least a few of them. You'll thank me later once you learn what they're for.

Stock up on wood! Chop those stumps and sticks and put them into that wood storage shack. Upgrades for your farm will require lots of it.

Other than those things it's pretty basic. The game takes its time weaning you into some of the mechanics, like crafting and so on. I just wish I didn't toss that legendary can.

Looper posted:

When the time comes to catch your first monster, I'd like to nominate the elephant as a strong candidate of interest. He won't produce anything for you like the cows or the woolies, but he'll water your crops for you every day. I named mine Dumbo and he is the hardest worker :3:

And yeah, don't worry about time at all. There's no evaluation period or anything after a couple of years and none of the villagers are in danger of leaving, so feel free to set your own pace.

Zettace posted:

-Seeds can be planted in 9x9 grid if you hold down the button with a stack of 9 seeds equipped.
-You start off with teleport spell that lets you teleport back to your house or out of dungeons, it's very useful.
-Doing requests are a great way to get rare materials or better gear early in the game.

And have fun with the rather eccentric cast of characters!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm pretty sure I asked before, but the wiki doesn't have whatever answers were given back then and darned if I can remember, so any advice for Viva Pinata?

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm pretty sure I asked before, but the wiki doesn't have whatever answers were given back then and darned if I can remember, so any advice for Viva Pinata?

Feed pinatas all sorts of things. It can make them change colours.

Breeding can be a pain; be prepared to sacrifice a few other pinatas for the predators to get what you want.

When you have the money, the workers make getting everything watered and tended easier.

If a piñata gets sick you can call the dr before the mean dude gets over.

All sours can be tamed (though I think they look less cool). You can also buy the totem to keep them out.

You don't have to do missions to get money/get all pinatas. I just sold off extra piñata and fruit.

Some of the variants are kind of weird to get. You may need a guide for a few of the odder ones.

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
So I just got the first Monster Hunter, and it's strat guide, for ridiculously cheap. Yes, the first PS2 one. I think the general opinion is that it is not nearly as good as the others but I still want to try it out because I've never played the series. Am I dumb for doing so? Should I just play one of the other ones? If not, what are some good tips for a complete newbie to the series?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

gmq posted:

If you sell a high-quality seed, then the shop will also upgrade the seeds they carry to be that quality. High-quality seeds result in high-quality crops, which cook into better food, and sell for more money. You get high-quality seeds by using the scythe on a ripe crop. This will destroy the crop, and get you a quality seed instead. Sell that seed, run straight to the shop and then you can buy better-quality seeds. It's like permanently upgrading your ability to grow that crop. This is, as far as I recall, never explained unless you get extremely lucky in what a random NPC decides to tell you.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

Vrikkian posted:

So I just got the first Monster Hunter, and it's strat guide, for ridiculously cheap. Yes, the first PS2 one. I think the general opinion is that it is not nearly as good as the others but I still want to try it out because I've never played the series. Am I dumb for doing so? Should I just play one of the other ones? If not, what are some good tips for a complete newbie to the series?

The monster hunter series has remained very true to its origin. It's fairly rough around the edges by comparison to more recent games, but the mechanics are all there. They've long since discontinued the online co-op quests. This means you will be missing out on a significant portion of items, gear and frantic slugfests. The upside is that you'll get to hone your skills and become familiar with the world of monster hunter on your own terms.

You'll soon notice that there are a number of inaccuracies in the guide that make it difficult to use. Most notably, it's missing any and all weapon sharpness information. Since a weapon's sharpness functions as a damage multiplier, this meant a lot of trial and error crafting when it originally came out. You will have to use Gamefaqs or another site to find out sharpness and other missing/duplicate/inaccurate information.

As for general tips, this is off the top of my head:

-The first few missions will take a while to get through, and you will mostly be gathering mushrooms and the like. Use this time to become familiar with the environment and the resource gathering locations in each area of each map (Herbs, Honey, Blue Mushrooms, etc).

-There is no pause button because it was designed for online play. This means if you need to use a menu, make sure there are no enemies around. Use secluded areas of the map.

-Since you can't pause, be aware of the mission timers when you accept quests. Make sure you have a full hour to spend before starting any big hunts.

-You will want to haul as many items back as you can from your first few outings, but make sure to leave 5-10 slots for quest rewards. Soon, you'll want to invest in bug nets, pickaxes, and a BBQ to help you gather even more resources. Make sure to buy iron picks and regular nets.

-Always craft weapons and armour with the loot that you earn from missions and animal carves.

-Try out the starting weapons (and any new weapon types) on the herbivores to get a feel for them. Compare how many hits it takes to kill them, and how comfortable you feel with your maneuverability. You should practice rolling/dodging in between attack chains.

-Always use First aid med and other supply items before using any of your own potions or equivalent items.

-You should start thinking about crafting armour by the time you start fighting Velociprey (small blue raptors).

-Velociprey can easily be outrun be using a zigzag pattern. This is good for running through groups or when you are low on stamina or when carrying cumbersome mission critical items (dino eggs!).

-For larger monsters, dodging is always prefereable to blocking. This means learning their attack patterns and how best to avoid them with your weapon type. Do not start the Kut-Ku quest without a full set of armour (at least Hunter, if not Velociprey), and a good stock of healing items (10 potions, 10 mega potions).

-Speaking of mega potions, combining items can save you a lot of money when starting out. However this means spending time gathering resources. Later on, you'll be much more likely to just buy your potions.

-If a black cat steals an item from you in forest area 9, you'll have to go to area 12 and search the big pile of stuff to get it back. Maps with black cats have a tucked away area where you can get that stuff back. To prevent them taking random and possibly valuable items, you can carry Felvine (easily found in forest area 7) since its only use is to keep them away from other items. These cats have a bad habit of sneaking up on you while you are busy fighting larger creatures.

Whether you end up loving or hating it, I would urge you to give Monster Hunter Tri a shot if you (or someone you know) own a Wii. It's much more straightforward and still very active online.

edit: grammar

PRL412 fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 9, 2012

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Anything I should know about with Twilight Princess or is it fairly self explanitory? Specifically looking for warnings about frustrating moments, i've just beaten the second dungeon

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Polite Tim posted:

Anything I should know about with Twilight Princess or is it fairly self explanitory? Specifically looking for warnings about frustrating moments, i've just beaten the second dungeon
There is, or was, a certain point where, if you save after a bridge is destroyed, but before you cross into the Twilight, you'll be unable to continue the game. It's fixed in certain versions of the game, but not others.

Once you find the Cave of Ordeals, you'll be able to go a little deeper after each dungeon. It's up to you if you want to go down after every time to get the new reward, or just wait until right before the end, and dive down the whole thing at once. The final reward is very worth it, either way.

Project1
Dec 30, 2003

it's time
Might be a bit old, but I'll give this a try. Bard's Tale series (not the 2004 game).

Specifically, characters. I know there are a couple of spots where some NPCs need to join, and I hate having to switch out characters. What is the maximum number of characters I can have and not do this?

Also, what classes are strictly necessary through the series? I know some sort of fighter for the Crystal Sword in 1 (can Hunters do this?), an Archmage in 2, but what about 3?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PRL412 posted:

As for general tips, this is off the top of my head:
This made me finally pick this game up and give it a go. There are a couple missions where the Velocprey respawn infinitely, but I can never seem to carve them before I get a set of claws in the back of my head. Am I doing it wrong, or is there a later point that's better for grinding them?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Project1 posted:

Might be a bit old, but I'll give this a try. Bard's Tale series (not the 2004 game).

Specifically, characters. I know there are a couple of spots where some NPCs need to join, and I hate having to switch out characters. What is the maximum number of characters I can have and not do this?

Also, what classes are strictly necessary through the series? I know some sort of fighter for the Crystal Sword in 1 (can Hunters do this?), an Archmage in 2, but what about 3?

Hmmm, you mean the original that came out in the mid-80's? It's been a while, but here's what I remember...

Fighter-types are basically just meatshields, you need them but they aren't great. Magic-users are quadratic: they start out weak but soon dominate the game. Bards are ok, mostly you will be using them to recover the mage's mana and to use magic horns. Rogues are useless; all the can do is disarm traps, and magic does it better.

At first, explore the town and grind weak mobs. Then, explore the sewers of the bar in the SE corner (ask for wine). When you find the name of the Mad God on level 2, leave and head for the Mad God's Temple. Level 3 of the cellar contains the entrance to Mangar's Tower, which you won't need for a while.

You HAVE to either map the dungeons on graph paper or look up the maps online. You will get hopelessly lost if you don't. Also, the teleportation spell is your friend, although some areas are teleport-shielded.

At the southern part of lvl 2 of the temple is the Soul Sucker, an obscenely powerful monster. You don't need to beat it, so avoid it at first. Later on, when you get the spell that makes a monster join you, this is your best choice.

On level 3 of the castle is a square that spawns 4 groups of 99 barbarians each. These guys hit pretty hard but have no special abilities. Once you are strong enough to beat them, farm this to become very powerful very fast. The "Mind Blade" spell is a big help here.

There's no "you win" screen when you defeat Mangar. Pick up the Spectre Snare in the room after him. You can transfer your characters to Bard's Tale 2. (a groundbreaking idea back then)

All I remember about Bard's Tale 2 is that mages are even more powerful, and each dungeon ends in a bang-your-head-against-the-wall timed puzzle. Seriously, look that poo poo up online if you try it.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 9, 2012

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

Colon V posted:

This made me finally pick this game up and give it a go. There are a couple missions where the Velocprey respawn infinitely, but I can never seem to carve them before I get a set of claws in the back of my head. Am I doing it wrong, or is there a later point that's better for grinding them?

This made me actually dig up my old guide. It has a lot more info than I remember: lists for item combinations, armour combination skills and tips for each mission and where enemies will spawn.

To answer your question, take advantage of their slow turn speed. Run a lap around them if it means the difference between getting that last claw or being bitten on the rear end. Seriously, those small guys can't turn worth a drat, so watch them hop around in circles.

This is also an issue when it comes to mining with pickaxes, since you're usually in cramped spaces and the best spots aren't always the most convenient. There are a couple of locations that are superior to others, meaning they will give you better minerals like machalite ore. Give those spots priority over others, and you'll save yourself a lot of time down the road. However if you only need to save up earth crystals for your weapon/armour of choice, then stick to the safer locations (minerals in forest areas 6 and 11, for example, are both on climbable terrain that is inaccessible to enemies).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PRL412 posted:

To answer your question, take advantage of their slow turn speed. Run a lap around them if it means the difference between getting that last claw or being bitten on the rear end. Seriously, those small guys can't turn worth a drat, so watch them hop around in circles.
The problem isn't killing them (but thanks for the tip) it's that I can't get my loot without getting gangraped by their buddies, or those goddamn giant wasp things.

OilSlick
Dec 29, 2005

Population: Buscuit
I'm just starting Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

- How do I bribe Heralds? I found them, but I don't see any option to bribe them to lower my notoriety.

- What are Books for?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

If AC:R is anything like the previous games, you can't bribe heralds until your notoriety is maxed and you're attacked by guards on sight.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

If AC:R is anything like the previous games, you can't bribe heralds until your notoriety is maxed and you're attacked by guards on sight.

In Brotherhood and Revelations you can bribe heralds so long as you have 25% or more notoriety. In fact, in Revelations you'll probably spend a good chunk of your time paying out Heralds since buying shops increases notoriety.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Oh, is that what the threshold was? I guess the only time I ever bothered with a herald was when I had maxed my notoriety.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

OilSlick posted:

I'm just starting Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

- What are Books for?
Aside from the ones you're required to find for the plot, they're basically just like the paintings in the last two games. They don't do much beyond decorate your hideout. You can read a small blurb about the ones you've found, but that's about it.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
I'll be starting Relevations soon as well, so nice timing with the question :)

But I came to ask another question actually. Do you reccomend I play Modern Warfare: Black Ops before I play Modern Warfare 3? I'm only really interested in the single-player. I've played MW1 and MW2.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Darval posted:

I'll be starting Relevations soon as well, so nice timing with the question :)

But I came to ask another question actually. Do you reccomend I play Modern Warfare: Black Ops before I play Modern Warfare 3? I'm only really interested in the single-player. I've played MW1 and MW2.

BlOps has nothing to do with the Modern Warfare series. That's why it's called Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
I picked up Recettear a short time ago when it was on sale. Is there anything I should know about it?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
The game teaches you to try to haggle for the most money per sale. Understandable.

THE GAME LIES.

That's ineffective. For the most part, you want the EXP bonus that comes from chains of buying/selling without haggling.

Doing this also increases how customers think of you, which will improve how much cash they have on hand over time(You'll know you've levelled up their relation because a heart will come off them). Customers won't buy what they can't afford, so this is essential to keep people being able to buy things.

This is why the children are a pain at first; they have very little to spend at first.

Always keep low-cost items about. If only to make sure you aren't caught short by a request.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Always keep low-cost items about. If only to make sure you aren't caught short by a request.
Oh, definitely this. When a little girl walks in and asks you if you have a hat, and the only one you've got in stock is worth more than she is, you're in a bit of a pickle. I also agree with the "sell low-ish, build up your EXP and combo" tip, definitely. On that note, you will quickly come to hate a certain individual, who tries to pawn things off on you at ridiculous prices. Every once in a great while, it's actually worth what she wants, but unless you're going for 100% completion, she really only exists to kill either your combo or your wallet.

A lot of these tips are already on the wiki, and it's been a while since I played, but...

You should probably reserve one day a week or so to running errands and/or stocking up on supplies. It's much easier to get your shopping done all at once, because it doesn't matter how much you buy from one location, each visit takes the same amount of time. I like to use Wednesday, because you're not dirt-poor from paying off the loan, but you have a couple days to turn over what you've bought.

If you plan to go dungeon-crawling, just stick with Louie for your first time. It's quite possible to unlock and gear up the others, but if you don't know what you're doing, you can easily spend too long messing around, and forget you're still 30% short on your debt on the last day.

If you ARE using Louie on a regular basis, it's quite acceptable to sell things to him at a small loss if they're better than what he's currently got.

There are a lot of random events in the middle of town that you can miss. If you don't wanna use a guide, don't worry about them too much, but don't be afraid to wander around a bit on your shopping day once you're finished. That's why you closed!

It's quite possible to make every deadline on your first playthrough, but if you miss one, you get a sort of pseudo-New Game+ restart, keeping your stock and upgrades. Personally, I think it makes the game piss-easy, though.

How many saves you have running at once is personal preference, but definitely make sure it's more than one. Keep one at the start of the week, in case things go tits-up in the middle, so you can give it another go.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 11, 2012

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's absurdly addictive, be warned.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'

Centipeed posted:

Email me at anthonyhobday at gmail dot com , with revised text, or I can give you the password and you can edit it directly.

I've sent you an email for access to the wiki.

e:

Scalding Coffee posted:

Selling at 104% is optimal for raising relationships. Some characters are worst or random.

What does this actually mean? If I keep selling to a customer for 104%, they'll get wealthier and I'll be able to sell things to them for a higher average? I tended to always go with the percentage 130 and if the customer would complain, lower it to 120-125 depending on who I was serving. Except the little girl who even offering at base price would occasionally still leave without buying! :argh:

Mr Right fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 12, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Heavy neutrino posted:

I picked up Recettear a short time ago when it was on sale. Is there anything I should know about it?
Selling at 104% is optimal for raising relationships. Some characters are worst or random.
Items with additions add that number of points to their relationships.
Never sell fur balls or crystals.
Sell upgrades for your fighters at a discount if they will equip it. Don't sell bad equipment if they are going to equip it afterward.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Mr Right posted:

What does this actually mean? If I keep selling to a customer for 104%, they'll get wealthier and I'll be able to sell things to them for a higher average?

Yes. Every customer has an invisible relationship meter with you. When you successfully sell them something, it'll go up, and when you Just Guess them, it'll go up more. Every so often you'll see a heart pop up above their head when they make a transaction, and that indicates they've reached the next 'level', which usually means they'll have a scene available and definitely means that after you see that scene (or possibly before?) they'll have more money to spend each trip. It's perfectly possible to load that little girl up with 15k parfaits late-game.

There are very few customers who'll take 130% without at least trying to haggle first, and that will completely destroy your XP, which increases exponentially if you keep getting first-offer sales.

CrowdControl
Aug 2, 2011

Uhh Tommy, I think I'm just gonna sleep at my house tonight...

Mr Right posted:

I've sent you an email for access to the wiki.

e:

What does this actually mean? If I keep selling to a customer for 104%, they'll get wealthier and I'll be able to sell things to them for a higher average? I tended to always go with the percentage 130 and if the customer would complain, lower it to 120-125 depending on who I was serving. Except the little girl who even offering at base price would occasionally still leave without buying! :argh:

The little girl population starts with a wallet that caps at 600 pix.

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

Any suggestions for Black Crypt, the one by Raven Software for Amiga?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is Faerie Solitare really all about luck and not being a retard about your combos? Is there deeper strategy that I'm missing?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Anything beyond this stuff for Orcs Must Die?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I would seriously consider making tar your first upgrade because tar pairs favorably with just about any set up in the game.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Colon V posted:

Is Faerie Solitare really all about luck and not being a retard about your combos? Is there deeper strategy that I'm missing?
There's a bit of strategy in making strategic use of undo, your side cards, and the fairy ring, but yeah it's mostly luck. It's pretty much the perfect game to play while watching TV or something.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Booting up Armoured Core 4 for the first time. I played Armoured Core 2 years ago on the PS2 for a little bit over my friends, how the hell do I play this game? It looks incredibly involved and hard to grasp if you're new to the series.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005
Planescape:Torment

If I want my character to be LG, is there any faction (alignment wise) which is a good fit?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Aratoeldar posted:

Planescape:Torment

If I want my character to be LG, is there any faction (alignment wise) which is a good fit?

There are 5 factions TNO can join, if you want to be LG you probably shouldn't do the Anarchists or Chaosmen, but any of Dustmen, Godsmen, or Sensates would be fine. I strongly recommend becoming a Sensate at least for a bit, but you can join factions and leave them to join another. I can't remember what went down if you join the Dustmen, but Godsmen and especially Sensates have some good content associated with them.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Gharbad the Weak posted:

This is so basic that the wiki assumes you know it, but:
Orcs who get hit by a bunch of different damage sources + a bunch of orcs dying in quick succession = combos. Combos = money. Money = more traps and damage sources. So, for instance, archers with the fire upgrade aren't just good because they do a lot of damage (though they do) but because they make big combos easy to do. So mix your traps up as much as possible, and have a dedicated killzone, funneling and slowing a bunch of orcs, grouping them together until a whole bunch of poo poo combines to wipe them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

gohuskies posted:

There are 5 factions TNO can join, if you want to be LG you probably shouldn't do the Anarchists or Chaosmen, but any of Dustmen, Godsmen, or Sensates would be fine. I strongly recommend becoming a Sensate at least for a bit, but you can join factions and leave them to join another. I can't remember what went down if you join the Dustmen, but Godsmen and especially Sensates have some good content associated with them.

Dustmen are ideal, as they're highly lawful. Be honest, even when it seems like you're going to contradict their beliefs. I think the game will warn you before you really piss them off.