Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
with huge outer labia in tight body suits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
when i played oblivion i tried to make a dark elf that looked like bubbles from trailer park boys

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
when i played second live i tried to make a

Emacs Headroom
Aug 2, 2003
one of my goals is to save enough money in my workin years that i can retire early and gently caress around on side projects and video games for the last 30 years of my life.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was disappointed in the lack of playable characters because Tali had died on my save and so I basically only used Liara and Garrus because otherwise it was Gears of War bro, occasionally weepy she-bro or Bride of Pinbot

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qirex posted:

Bride of Pinbot

lmao

also namechange

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ashley is weepy she-bro, I never played ME1 so I had no point of reference for her and garrus has better combat dialog

toby
Dec 4, 2002

qirex posted:

weepy she-bro

Bride of Pinbot

who is weepy she-bro

and have you played bride of pinbot, it is an actual pinball game and the time i played it the owner had installed a subwoofer exactly at crotch level on the front of the machine and it was real creepy

edit: oh yes, apparently you have played it

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

qirex posted:

ashley is weepy she-bro, I never played ME1 so I had no point of reference for her and garrus has better combat dialog

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

tobutt posted:

they hyped the poo poo out of that but i just couldn't bring myself to care, somehow

it should have been right up my alley, but nope, no interest

b/c it was boring as poo poo. same as falling skies and terra nova. bad dramas with boring characters that happen to have a scifi backdrop.

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Mind Spew posted:

so i just watched the sg1 episode with space nazis

whaat

the one with the bunker and the drone planes?

yeah that's one of my favorites

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nazi odo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sg1 owns and sga owns

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Shaggar posted:

sg1 owns and sga owns

sga owns a little less though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ridgely_Fan posted:

one of my goals is to save enough money in my workin years that i can retire early and gently caress around on side projects and video games for the last 30 years of my life.

im gonna buy a mountaintop somewhere and putter around clearing some land and buildin a sweet cabin and some barns and poo poo and christen it ranch 290

then at age 72 i will be killed by a big god drat pine that got caught by the wind as it was falling after i cut it down, boom, done

Tokin Ring
Jun 12, 2011

:dong:Teh boners:dong:

Shaggar posted:

nazi doodoo

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Jonny 290 posted:

im gonna buy a mountaintop somewhere and putter around clearing some land and buildin a sweet cabin and some barns and poo poo and christen it ranch 290

then at age 72 i will be killed by a big god drat pine that got caught by the wind as it was falling after i cut it down, boom, done

this is a pretty swell life goal

i don't really have a life goal

i muse about buying some worthless land in the middle of nowhere in california and going all hermit-shack there, but that doesn't really make sense with where my life is going

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

i'm fat and ugly and will probably die soon anyway

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Inverse Icarus posted:

the one with the bunker and the drone planes?

yeah that's one of my favorites

yea it was really good

apparently theres a book about what happened right after they left too but spinoff books of scifi series are pretty much universally awful

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

ahmeni posted:

cool lolcat bro

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

lul ducat

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Panic! At The cisco posted:

lul ducat

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lul ducat

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

lul ducat

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

lul ducat

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's not really sci fi but I started reading The Hot Zone and it's p awesome. imagine sitting on a plane and the guy next to you starts literally puking his liquified internal organs into a bag and bleeding from every orifice what a poo poo day that would be

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ebola is scary as poo poo

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

like i'd be hard pressed to design a more insidious and terrifying virus if i tried

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i read that book like 20 years ago is it still good

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
Thinking about the crappy endings to ME3 reminds me of the crappy ending of Jack McDevitt's Engines of God series, at least his lovely wrap-up wasn't totally cliche though.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

graph posted:

i read that book like 20 years ago is it still good

I never got around to reading it before but yeah it's pretty okay

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
You know what else had a lovely ending? Riverworld.

Goddamn that was bad.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

raruler posted:

You know what else had a lovely ending? Riverworld.

Goddamn that was bad.

you know what has a REALLY lovely ending?

my butt

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

there are literally people so dissatisfied with mass effect 3s ending that they are claiming it was all the dream of a dying commander shepard because that is honestly a better alternative to what the ending actually is

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
yeah i saw the writing progression from da1 to da2 and thought to myself, gosh they'll really do a bangup job on me3!!!

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

JawnV6 posted:

yeah i saw the writing progression from da1 to da2 and thought to myself, gosh they'll really do a bangup job on me3!!!

tbf most of the stuff in mass effect 3 is p good and actually forces you into making choices that affect the outcome of your interpersonal relationships and the lives of others. its not great, since its still video game writing, but its passable and facilitates a nice sci-fi epic. the problem is that the ending goes completely against that, introduces a bunch of plot holes, and goes against the tone of the entire series

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

NINbuntu 64 posted:

tbf most of the stuff in mass effect 3 is p good and actually forces you into making choices that affect the outcome of your interpersonal relationships and the lives of others. its not great, since its still video game writing, but its passable and facilitates a nice sci-fi epic. the problem is that the ending goes completely against that, introduces a bunch of plot holes, and goes against the tone of the entire series

no video game chat, tia

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

law abiding rapist posted:

no video game chat, tia

we had voyager chat a while ago.

this is a marked improvement over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NINbuntu 64 posted:

there are literally people so dissatisfied with mass effect 3s ending that they are claiming it was all the dream of a dying commander shepard because that is honestly a better alternative to what the ending actually is

did shepard beat the alien robot monsters? cause that's all I give a gently caress about. I beat mass effect 1 and 2 so I don't care how it ends as long as shepard beats the big alien shrimp monsters in a cool way with explosions etc

I'm going to wait till it's on sale to finish the series either way

• Locked thread