Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tanon posted:

True. Hmm, I guess I need to put a list together then...

System: Warmachine
Faction: Cygnar
Casters: 1/1
Lieutenant Allister Caine (*6pts)
* Hunter (6pts)
* Cyclone (9pts)
* Ol' Rowdy (9pts)
* Squire (2pts)
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team (4pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
Stormblade Infantry (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard (3pts)
* 3 Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner (3pts)
Sword Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist (2pts)
Journeyman Warcaster (3pts)

Thoughts? It's kinda... I dunno. I'd like to get the ATGM block in there, which I could maybe do by dropping A&H Gorman and two Storm Gunners? Dunno, if I did, I'd put the Hunter on them.

Drop Aiyana & Holt and the Black 13th. You've already got covering fire templates and you have no anti-stealth. That gives you the dude. You might also consider Rhupert instead of Gorman.

e: Also, Wishnailer for 15" slams bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Crosspostin yellow Cygnar

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

WarWitch Deneghra (*5pts)
* Deathripper (4pts)
* Deathripper (4pts)
* Nightwretch (4pts)
* Seether (9pts)
* Skarlock Thrall(2pts)
Satyxis Raiders (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Satyxis Raider Sea Witch (2pts)
The Withershadow Combine (5pts)
Warwitch Siren (2pts)

This look ok? It's the models I have basically.

Its probably one too many arc nodes, but if thats what you have play it! Seether and warwitch siren help denegra as far as focus efficiency, which is handy.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

crime fighting hog posted:

Crosspostin yellow Cygnar

That is awesome. I like how you did the purple lance handle too.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Verdugo posted:

That is awesome. I like how you did the purple lance handle too.

Yellow and purple compliment eachother pretty well, I almost considered doing purple Cygnar but decided I'd save that scheme for my Khador someday.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

crime fighting hog posted:

Yellow and purple compliment eachother pretty well, I almost considered doing purple Cygnar but decided I'd save that scheme for my Khador someday.

My Gorman is gold/yellow and purple and I love that color combination. I saw purple/yellow Khador and they look amazing.

LintMan
Mar 12, 2006
Be seening you
Well my good camera was stolen last month, just testing out a cheap point and shoot. I painted some more trolls for a tournament this weekend, my first Warmachine tournament. Should be fun.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I fuckin' love that look. Amazing job.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute
Hey Big Willy Style I'm pretty interested in those Skorne, and I own a full Space Marines army I am uninterested in. The catch - I'm pretty sure they are all painted. They've been painted two or three times so I can't remember if they are Salamanders or Black Templar off the top of my head. I can take pictures if you'd like.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

UnkleBoB posted:

Hey Big Willy Style I'm pretty interested in those Skorne, and I own a full Space Marines army I am uninterested in. The catch - I'm pretty sure they are all painted. They've been painted two or three times so I can't remember if they are Salamanders or Black Templar off the top of my head. I can take pictures if you'd like.

Hey man. Send me a picture anyway to wgirdler87 (at) gmail (dot) com . Close ups to see what their condition is like would be appreciated.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

LintMan posted:

Well my good camera was stolen last month, just testing out a cheap point and shoot. I painted some more trolls for a tournament this weekend, my first Warmachine tournament. Should be fun.

Although the paint job is nice, the flesh tone on those trolls makes their peanut heads that much more disturbing to me!

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

WarWitch Deneghra (*5pts)
* Deathripper (4pts)
* Deathripper (4pts)
* Nightwretch (4pts)
* Seether (9pts)
* Skarlock Thrall(2pts)
Satyxis Raiders (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Satyxis Raider Sea Witch (2pts)
The Withershadow Combine (5pts)
Warwitch Siren (2pts)

This look ok? It's the models I have basically.

Thats a lot of jacks for Denny... I do 25 points and I have 2 deathrippers and a slayer. The deathrippers are basically walking arcnodes and usually die quickly.

How do you play this list? Im interested as I haven't played epic Denny, nor do I go jack heavy.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Played 2 games last night, both 35's.

First one I was going to run scaverous, but realized I forgot my cephalyx overlords. So I grabbed a Skarre1 list I had handy and ran that. My buddy Dan brought circle all beast, with no stones. He basically took a 50pt list and cut it down to 35, and I felt immediately terrible because it was a horrible matchup for him. He had almost no infantry removal tools.

His list had Kaya2, stalker, ghetorix, gnarlhorn, gorax, wilder. Maybe something else, cant remember.

I had pskarre, reaper, ripjaw, helldiver, full banes+UA, full blood witches+UA, full mechtralls, warwitch siren.

We roll scenario and its incursion, and of course the middle flag disapeared. He had no pureblood to deal with incorporeal blood witches in his face. I tabled him, I could have won on scenario but I asked him if it was cool if we played one more turn so I could feat and dark guidance (it was my first time running Skarre1 and I wanted to see what it looked like)

So I lined up my second game against my Skorne padawan, who is a newish player. Instead of dropping Skarre1 on him, I said gently caress it and ran the scavvy list, proxying the cephalyx. I stopped for 5 minutes to eat, promptly had folding chair slide out of my hand, hit my army tray that was hanging a few inches off the table edge, and flip my entire 35 pt list onto the floor. It exploded into a giant mushroom cloud of bane thrall and converted scaverous parts.

So I guess there is karma :v:

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

PaintVagrant posted:

It exploded into a giant mushroom cloud of bane thrall and converted scaverous parts.

Serves you right for playing Cryx. :v:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Im so terrible with Scaverous, it really should have been the Skarre army that exploded. Scavvy was an innocent victim!

Fast_Food_Knight
Nov 23, 2007

Be nice, He's a knight!
He's just a fast food knight.

Exmond posted:

Thats a lot of jacks for Denny... I do 25 points and I have 2 deathrippers and a slayer. The deathrippers are basically walking arcnodes and usually die quickly.

How do you play this list? Im interested as I haven't played epic Denny, nor do I go jack heavy.

Like you said, I use the lights as walking nodes. The seether gets a free focus and only gets denny's if he's going in on a hard target, which is all he is there for. The siren power boosts a chicken jack if I need to run into position. The nightwretch never fires it's gun really. Withershadow and skarlock are there to play around with more spells/dispel upkeeps/upkeep a spell for free, just plenty of utility. The raiders are the only full infantry unit I own, otherwise I'd probably use banes. They are pretty great though with the sea witch to make them blast immune and give power swell they are useful for a lot of things. It's not a great list but I quite like it.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I have some warhammer friends who are all getting into small warmahordes forces.
I've had my eye on those gator men minis for a while, are they a decent force, and where should I start if I want to build a small group of them?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Manifest posted:

I have some warhammer friends who are all getting into small warmahordes forces.
I've had my eye on those gator men minis for a while, are they a decent force, and where should I start if I want to build a small group of them?

Blackhide Wrassler, Bull Snapper (or one of the other heavies plus Boneswarm), full Gatorman Posse, and your warlock of choice come out to 15 points and will own hard. This is how my gf started and now she beats me all the time.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

Manifest posted:

They're definitely decent but suffer from some hard matchups. You really need to learn all of their tricks and utilize every ability to be able to deal with the tougher stuff later. They're tough as nails though and can steamroll poo poo in turn.

The starter force Sulecrist suggested is solid. I'd definitely take a Bull Snapper because of his animus and go with either Barnabas or Maelok as your first warlock. Calaban is really tricky to play and very unforgiving of mistakes.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Sulecrist posted:

Blackhide Wrassler, Bull Snapper (or one of the other heavies plus Boneswarm), full Gatorman Posse, and your warlock of choice come out to 15 points and will own hard. This is how my gf started and now she beats me all the time.

Awesome, this is what I was looking for. Thanks!
I'll report back for sure!

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
So, thinking of this:

Vindictus
Reckoner x3
Hierophant

KEE+UA
KEE+UA
Zealots+UA
Min Choir
KEE Seneschal.

50 points, T4, so all pathfinder, +1 on start die, and all jacks AD.

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!

Feeple posted:

So, thinking of this:

Vindictus
Reckoner x3
Hierophant

KEE+UA
KEE+UA
Zealots+UA
Min Choir
KEE Seneschal.

That list just made my brain explode. How do you deal with stealth? Also, this list might not do well in a timed event -- that's a lot of pieces to move around.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Pfhreak posted:

That list just made my brain explode. How do you deal with stealth? Also, this list might not do well in a timed event -- that's a lot of pieces to move around.

I'm pretty sure you deal with stealth by having more guys than they can actually kill before they are choking on your 20+ spell-immune 12/16 weapon masters and their zealot buddies. Cast True Path, book it up the field, jam the poo poo out of some objectives, repeat as needed.

As a Circle player (who hasn't put the faction on the table since Gallows Groves came out), that list makes me want to choke kittens.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

stabbington posted:

As a Circle player, that list makes me want to choke kittens.

You're not alone there.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

Feeple posted:

So, thinking of this:

Vindictus
Reckoner x3
Hierophant

KEE+UA
KEE+UA
Zealots+UA
Min Choir
KEE Seneschal.

Wanna play that list. Don't want to assemble more than one unit of Errants.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

I'm about 4 errants and a reckoner away from being able to field that list, but painting 1 unit of them was bad enough.

It looks like an amazingly fun list, vindy can spam troops better than ekreoss.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

PaintVagrant posted:

So I lined up my second game against my Skorne padawan, who is a newish player. Instead of dropping Skarre1 on him, I said gently caress it and ran the scavvy list, proxying the cephalyx. I stopped for 5 minutes to eat, promptly had folding chair slide out of my hand, hit my army tray that was hanging a few inches off the table edge, and flip my entire 35 pt list onto the floor. It exploded into a giant mushroom cloud of bane thrall and converted scaverous parts.

Ugh, I feel you PV. I had just finished assembling my converted Terminus and his bros when I tripped just outside my door and sent them flying into a snowbank. Luckily I was able to recover it all, but having a ton of poo poo break like that sucks.

Willeh posted:

I'm about 4 errants and a reckoner away from being able to field that list, but painting 1 unit of them was bad enough.

It looks like an amazingly fun list, vindy can spam troops better than ekreoss.

eKreoss has a feat that makes it worth doing though. :v:

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Mar 15, 2012

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

The Aberrant posted:

eKreoss has a feat that makes it worth doing though. :v:

That's true, I can't even remember off the top of my head what Vindy's feat does.

3 AD reckoners is also pretty sweet, shame about the lack of vassals.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Willeh posted:

That's true, I can't even remember off the top of my head what Vindy's feat does.

vindy's feat is more or less " hurt a dude of mine and take a damage point."

That's what makes this a piece of poo poo.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Willeh posted:

I run two vassals in pretty much every list now, with that and a minimum choir I actually have 44 points to build a list. :v:

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

The Aberrant posted:

I run two vassals in pretty much every list now, with that and a minimum choir I actually have 44 points to build a list. :v:

I do that too, enliven on 2 jacks at the same time is so drat good. Also, when one of that jacks is an avatar, enliven on him is more or less essential.

If Vindictus' theme would allow vassals, they'd be a shoe-in. But the bonuses you get are pretty sweet.

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

I was thinking about that KEE list a little more. With RAT 6, they will have trouble against higher def infantry -- especially ones that take away healing. Thyra with stealthed, Def 16 daughters dealing grievous wounds might present a problem. Or bile thralls with occultation. Although, if you feat at the right time....

And three AD Reckoners makes me giggle. I've never really looked at Vindictus seriously before, but that list actually makes him seem alright.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

Pfhreak posted:

I was thinking about that KEE list a little more. With RAT 6, they will have trouble against higher def infantry -- especially ones that take away healing. Thyra with stealthed, Def 16 daughters dealing grievous wounds might present a problem. Or bile thralls with occultation. Although, if you feat at the right time....

I'm thinking Zealots will bomb the poo poo out of frail high def infantry. Biles are a little more iffy but Zealots can pressure them too and I think KEE just slightly out-threats them as well even when they're stealthed. I think the list looks pretty solid on paper in the SR2012 format.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I think the trick is making sure you keep the zealots from being jammed by the high defense infantry.

Basically any theme list that allows 2 KEE unit attachments can go suck a gently caress, god drat those guys are obnoxious.

"hey this UA and stupid solo gives us every rule in teh game, highfive"

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Arlaharen posted:

I'm thinking Zealots will bomb the poo poo out of frail high def infantry. Biles are a little more iffy but Zealots can pressure them too and I think KEE just slightly out-threats them as well even when they're stealthed. I think the list looks pretty solid on paper in the SR2012 format.

No disagreement there regarding the competitiveness. I wouldn't want to be on the other side of that list and I play Menoth. I'm just trying to think about what I would bring if I saw that list standing up against me. Maybe eFeora with a bonded redeemer + vanquisher and zealots? Without eKreoss, continuous effects present a not-insignificant threat to KEE. Dealing with those three AD reckoners is going to be a real fun time. :(

Maybe something like:
Feora, Protector of the Flame (*6pts)
* Dervish (4pts)
* Redeemer (6pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
* Vanquisher (8pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
Holy Zealots (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer (2pts)
The Covenant of Menoth (2pts)
The Wrack (3 wracks) (1pts)
Vassal Mechanik (1pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Do errants have magic weapons, or are they just blessed? Inquiring minds want to know if I can jam them with incorporeal blood witches

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Pfhreak posted:

No disagreement there regarding the competitiveness. I wouldn't want to be on the other side of that list and I play Menoth. I'm just trying to think about what I would bring if I saw that list standing up against me. Maybe eFeora with a bonded redeemer + vanquisher and zealots? Without eKreoss, continuous effects present a not-insignificant threat to KEE. Dealing with those three AD reckoners is going to be a real fun time. :(

Maybe something like:
Feora, Protector of the Flame (*6pts)
* Dervish (4pts)
* Redeemer (6pts)
* Reckoner (8pts)
* Vanquisher (8pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
Holy Zealots (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer (2pts)
The Covenant of Menoth (2pts)
The Wrack (3 wracks) (1pts)
Vassal Mechanik (1pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)

Without some lucky deviations on the bonded redeemer, you will have minifeated zealots (negating your shooting ability) in your face on turn 2 or 3, which means you can't touch them ever.

Then, after you get rid of the zealots you still have 22 weapon master troops to deal with, one of which is guaranteed to have defender's ward on it, to the tune of 14/18.

But yeah, AOE attacks like vanquishers & redeemers are the way to go.

PaintVagrant posted:

Do errants have magic weapons, or are they just blessed? Inquiring minds want to know if I can jam them with incorporeal blood witches

Errants crossbows are blessed and magical but the swords are not, so if you could jam them with incorporeal stuff in melee, that could work.

Willeh fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 15, 2012

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Arlaharen posted:

Wanna play that list. Don't want to assemble more than one unit of Errants.

Goddamnit. This Feeple list, combined with the severe trouncing I received from a t4 eKreoss list I got at that Springfield SR2012 Tier tournament, make me want to play Protectorate sooooo bad.

Menoth has amazing casters and infantry. I just listened to some podcast talking about how Vindictus is the worst caster Menoth has, but in the SR2012 meta, I would have to disagree. That feat combined with the Monolith Bearer minifeat is going to make it a real pain to get those guys off an objective.

gently caress this game, and gently caress you goons! I need to stop reading this thread, so I stop getting inspired to buy little plastic mens.

Edit: Come April 24th, I will probably be buying this type of Menoth army. (Plastic Errants!) Would it be worthwhile to work in a Sanctifier instead of tripling up on Reckoners? Sanctifiers could charge up on souls or something. Castigators look awesome, and have awesome fluff, but the lack of Charge+Combust makes me sad.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 15, 2012

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I think vindictus' main advantage is that he has actual defensive stats and can play midline without dying like most menoth casters do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

I think vindictus' main advantage is that he has actual defensive stats and can play midline without dying like most menoth casters do.

It's more or less sacrificial pawn that does that though, his stats aren't amazing or anything. eFeora plays the same game and does it just as well, if not better.

• Locked thread