Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

chaosbreather posted:

Someone managed to snag a low-res version of it before it got pulled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shmOjlWKIEg

Pretty cool now where's that B-Wing

I do like the one youtube comment, "that mike IS a retractable third leg"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Is anyone else unable to get the caterpillar belt (71372) to fit on the wheels for it (32007) in LDD?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

chaosbreather posted:

Someone managed to snag a low-res version of it before it got pulled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shmOjlWKIEg

Holy Jesus, when he first pulled the model, I wondered why in the hell he was pulling out a giant action figure and not something made out of LEGO. Absolutely marvelous!

Friar Zucchini posted:

Is anyone else unable to get the caterpillar belt (71372) to fit on the wheels for it (32007) in LDD?

Yes. Time and time again I've tried, but nada. I've tried it with every wheel or gear that looks like it can fit it, but it's a big fat zilcho. Maybe it's a bug. v:sigh:v

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Also that R2 is big enough that he can terrorize everything else in your collection. And since he is a veritable swiss army knife, death follows in his beep-boop wake.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I'm disappointed that none of the compartments in his head can open. Still buying it the second it hits stores.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
The latest of my dinosaur-based time wasting efforts, this one based much more closely on one of the original toys:

If anyone points out that one of the laser tips doesn't match, I will be forced to fall back on my color blindness as a defense and call it a hate crime. (Actually, I had four red ones at first, but that last one fell off and bounced somewhere I'll probably never find...)

And it's a two-seater! I still need a snakeman or sharkman to make up my non-antman Rulon ranks.

And the pilot's chair and radar dish (What the original toy called it...) both rotate 360 degrees like the original.

The toy from the original line this one was based upon.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

So the Collectible Minifigures trading thread has been officially changed to a LEGO trading thread. Feel free to trade your Galaxy Explorers for Stephanie's Pet Patrol :3:

Mr. Kamikaze
Jul 30, 2005

This turtle doesn't stop spinning.

John Carstairs posted:

The latest of my dinosaur-based time wasting efforts, this one based much more closely on one of the original toys:

If anyone points out that one of the laser tips doesn't match, I will be forced to fall back on my color blindness as a defense and call it a hate crime. (Actually, I had four red ones at first, but that last one fell off and bounced somewhere I'll probably never find...)

So badass. Much better than my awful LEGO dinosaur project when I was a kid.

Also lasers.

click to visit my metal detecting blog - updated 6/17/2012

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
I personally blame this thread and all of you for rekindling my love affair with Lego.

My haul after a post Christmas 50% off haul from TRU.

"The underwater traffic this morning is terrible."

Here is the T1 Camper I received for my birthday. Note the other items needed for a proper building session.

...that's a lot of pieces. No modular construction here.

INVISIBLE

Here's the aircooled engine. Kind of wished the fan belt was black but everything else looks great, lots of detail for something that's going to be hidden away.

Vrooooooooooom

Main chassis. Love the checkered floor, my OCD kicked in and I made sure all the pieces that make up the bumpers were square.

Hinge assembly for the fold down seat.

:3 tiny shelves and drawers.

Staples for any hippy van: lava lamp and weed.

End of book one. It took me a solid 3 hours to get to this point.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did live broadcasts for the six or so hours it took me to construct the Green Grocer set.

Wish I'd really held on to that one after a roommate smashed it while I was out of town. It's $600 on Amazon.

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!
Series 7 Minifigs are out for preorder at play.com

http://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/4-/30...urlrefer=search

Apparently, they are coming out on April 6, which is quite close. Only three weeks away!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

I did live broadcasts for the six or so hours it took me to construct the Green Grocer set.

Wish I'd really held on to that one after a roommate smashed it while I was out of town. It's $600 on Amazon.

What? On purpose?

Pseudo-God posted:

Series 7 Minifigs are out for preorder at play.com

http://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/4-/30...urlrefer=search

Apparently, they are coming out on April 6, which is quite close. Only three weeks away!
I am gonna be in so much trouble. I want so many of those, at least they seem to be mostly easily felt out.

Especially gotta have a bunch of the Cubicle Worker, Space Mercenary, Black Knight, Hippie, and Rocker Girl. The Cubicle Worker would make perfect little gifts for my dad and his coworkers.

And while checking TRU for stuff on sale, they had 4 unopened Series 6 boxes sitting on the shelf, and 4 open ones. I may have gone a bit overboard...

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Every time a new series comes out, I tell myself "this is the one I only get the figures I really like" ... maybe this time I'll not buy them all.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Invictus posted:

What? On purpose?

It came to eating, paying a speeding ticket, and having a couple thousand LEGO bricks.

I'll miss you mid-'90s Pizzeria I bought from Bricklink...

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

So after a nice bonus at work today it's time to pickup a new set.

What would you guys pick?

Grand Emporium
Pet Shop
Town Hall
VW Bus

I have the Fire Brigade modular already.

So, rank those 4 if you had the funds to get 1!

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004

mattfl posted:

Grand Emporium
Pet Shop
Town Hall
VW Bus

Easily the VW Bus.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

mattfl posted:

Grand Emporium
Pet Shop
Town Hall
VW Bus

Own all of those except for Town Hall.

Really a tough call with Grand Emporium or VW Camper Van. Though I had so much fun building the VW. Plus so many people that have come over absolutely love it. It is so detailed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Agreed. Everyone who sees the VW Camper absolutely adores it. It's a really fun build, and the end result is just so satisfying. My dad was blown away by the details on it.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Camper Van is my first choice, although If I really had the cash to buy one of the four, I'd get the one that they'll discontinue soonest. So Grand Emporium?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

memy posted:

Camper Van is my first choice, although If I really had the cash to buy one of the four, I'd get the one that they'll discontinue soonest. So Grand Emporium?

That's my other thought too. I've already missed one of the modulars and don't want to miss another one. Decisions decisions...

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Sideshow Collectibles are going to distribute Lego sets.

I wonder if they're going to be exclusive sets, or normal stuff. It'd be nice to flex pay the modular buildings.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Moai Ou posted:

I wonder if they're going to be exclusive sets, or normal stuff. It'd be nice to flex pay the modular buildings.

They're probably going to be insane MOC inspired sets.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Moai Ou posted:

Hmmm, I'd guess they'd have to be exclusive. Kind of weird though, I don't know why anyone would want to buy LEGO from Sideshow of all places.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

What does MOC mean?

...In other news, LDD took about ten minutes to generate a building guide for this:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Friar Zucchini posted:

What does MOC mean?

My Own Creation. Basically anything that isn't an official set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Moai Ou posted:

I can see this being something to do with the LotR sets coming out later this year. Sideshow do big movie stuff, and that kind of license would definitely be up their alley.

vrunt
Jul 4, 2003

the great trollini

Friar Zucchini posted:

The LDD programmer dudes are usually pretty good about fixing stuff like this. I'll ask about it.

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
is anyone else hoping that the mini modular set sells enough that they do a second set with the rest of them, or when they release a 8th full size one?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

"[ts posted:

xenophobe"]
is anyone else hoping that the mini modular set sells enough that they do a second set with the rest of them, or when they release a 8th full size one?

I do. I had a blast putting the set together with my wife. I feel like I learned a lot about greebling, too.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
This might not last long (8 left in stock) but Buzz's Star Commmand 60% at Amazon.UK £12 for a £30 set. Well worth it if you have kids (maybe for parts if you don't). I like it because it reminds me of the first big space set I had in that the rear opens up for a little buggy to drive in. All gone apparently.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 15, 2012

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

"[ts posted:

xenophobe"]

I just got the mini modular set last week and I absolutely loved it. I'd love to have more to add on to the ones I've got and make a big ol' city out of them.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Gravy Jones posted:

This might not last long (8 left in stock) but Buzz's Star Commmand 60% at Amazon.UK £12 for a £30 set. Well worth it if you have kids (maybe for parts if you don't). I like it because it reminds me of the first big space set I had in that the rear opens up for a little buggy to drive in.
Seems to be back up to £18.95 already.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"[ts posted:

xenophobe"]
I do since I don't have room for the full ones.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

mattfl posted:

drat you, I read this post, thought "I got a nice bonus too" and decided I should also treat myself.

I don't really want to get into the modulars though, so I picked up the VW bus.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Lego Batman 2 trailer just got released. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxmqK1NTjGw

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.
I'm gonna need at least 10 black knights... :( I have bad luck feeling specific guys out.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Joramun posted:

I wonder if they'll make a Green Lantern game just because it would be almost piss easy considering how well the idea would work.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

drat you Amazon for buying back the books my University wouldn't! Now I have all this Amazon credit and I keep getting LEGO sale e-mails. Very sneaky sis.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Joramun posted:

Aww, looks fun :) but DC superheroes are only Bats and Supes? On the plus side, Mark Hamill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

InfinEight posted:

I wonder if they'll make a Green Lantern game just because it would be almost piss easy considering how well the idea would work.

Also because that would mean lots and lots of trans neon green. Which is a good thing.