Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Because it wants you to stop using it. The Amazon store is terrible and shouldn't be used by anyone. I think most people here (myself included) have ditched it and just bought whatever they liked from Amazon on the market Play Store.
I've got way too many free apps for that :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

My inability to write has angered the ghost of Thunderdome! Beware my example, lest you be haunted.
Has Haxsync stopped updating contact photos for anyone else? Stopped doing so a while ago for me. I've gone into sync and made sure it's turned on. It even says that it synced up yesterday but I only see status updates being refreshed not pictures. Anything else I should be taking a look at?

az jan jananam
Sep 6, 2011
HI, I'M HARDCORE SAX HERE TO DROP A NICE JUICY TURD OF A POST FROM UP ON HIGH

Steriletom posted:

Has Haxsync stopped updating contact photos for anyone else? Stopped doing so a while ago for me. I've gone into sync and made sure it's turned on. It even says that it synced up yesterday but I only see status updates being refreshed not pictures. Anything else I should be taking a look at?

If your friends have tight privacy settings, Haxsync can't update their picture. You have to remove your Haxsync account and log back in to force an update. The developer said he is working on a fix.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.
New version of Facebook, still no push notification option.

Also, i have been trying out swiftkeyx to see if i should buy it during the sale, bit the predictions are kind of creepy, to be honest. It would make for some well spelled but unintelligible drunk texts.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Cardboard Box A posted:

I've got way too many free apps for that :(

How many of them do you actually use? Are we talking a buck each or what?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Cardboard Box A posted:

Why is the Amazon Appstore still sending me notifications even after I have turned them off?

Because it's a total piece of poo poo, and they don't know how to make it work right, even on their own device.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Is the google market (now play) not working for anyone else? It won't go past "loading" for me.

EDIT: I just needed to back out and try a few times.

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 13, 2012

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

MrKatharsis posted:

Is the google market (now play) not working for anyone else? It won't go past “loading"for me.

I grabbed two updates this morning.

KoB
May 1, 2009

AlexDeGruven posted:

Because it's a total piece of poo poo, and they don't know how to make it work right, even on their own device.

I barely use the thing but it doesnt send me notifications besides updates and I've never had a problem.

Maybe ICS protects me.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

b0nes posted:

There was an app I downloaded a while ago but lost when I changed the ROM on my phone. It allowed you to connect to your phone over wifi and it had a GUI interface. I ti s like wifi explorer but with a prettier desktop like look, You could also send and receive texts on your desktop.Anyone know what i'm talking about?

Kies air?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

beedeebee posted:

Kies air?
Pretty sure it's AirDroid.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
So Google's "25 cent stuff every day" lasted... what, a week?

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

A Pinball Wizard posted:

So Google's "25 cent stuff every day" lasted... what, a week?

As they said it would.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

moms pubis posted:

As they said it would.

Seriously? I thought they were going to do like Amazon, only with non-free and non-lovely apps.

UncleNaughtyFingers
Apr 29, 2008

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Seriously? I thought they were going to do like Amazon, only with non-free and non-lovely apps.
Was hoping for this too. Was buying every book and album that looked marginally interesting.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Nope.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Its there a good app that will set random wallpaper from a directory every N minutes or on unlock? Better if its intelligent enough to center, crop or resize based on the image size.

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!

Jigoku San posted:

Its there a good app that will set random wallpaper from a directory every N minutes or on unlock? Better if its intelligent enough to center, crop or resize based on the image size.

Are you not on Windows 7? It doesn't crop/center automatically but it does rotate images from a directory.

edit: gently caress me, wrong thread. Ignore me.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

My inability to write has angered the ghost of Thunderdome! Beware my example, lest you be haunted.

az jan jananam posted:

If your friends have tight privacy settings, Haxsync can't update their picture. You have to remove your Haxsync account and log back in to force an update. The developer said he is working on a fix.

I definitely have contacts who have previously had their contact photo update not updating any more. Unless they changed their privacy settings simultaneously and recently(doubt it), it's not an existing problem with the app.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

air- posted:

Reddit News is my overall favorite because of the way it handles links/comments. Reddit Sync is the best for browsing pictures. Was never a fan of Baconreader.

Also, Reddit is Fun just released 2.0.1 and while it's faster than the earlier ones I'd mentioned, I don't like how the simplicity of the older version is gone and I'm not happy about losing the "pick subreddit" option.
Someone has forked the last open source version of RiF (the last one before 2.0) and put it up as Diode. Doesn't look like he's added anything to it yet, but it's a good way to go back.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006

Jigoku San posted:

I think Wallswitch will do exactly what you're looking for perhaps. I think it's worth checking out.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Why again would I want to use the Facebook client on ICS? I finally noticed that it's just a fancy WebView based front end to their website.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Combat Pretzel posted:

Why again would I want to use the Facebook client on ICS? I finally noticed that it's just a fancy WebView based front end to their website.

Push notifications if you care about that, and the app DOES do some stuff better when compared to the mobile site (such as photo viewing).

If you don't like the app, don't use it.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
Is there something that can play mp3s to a voice caller?

I remember some app for winmo that would, it included like airport sounds or something. "fool ur boss lol"

"Cardholder services" scammers keep calling. They called on my landline for the 1st time tonight, I gave an earful of surfin bird. (a kickass ramones ver). I wish I had a way to do the same on my cm7 inspire (or an mp3 of like 5 minutes of "uh huh....uh huh..... I didn't catch that last part"). If nothing exists I have to go with my alt plan of reading aloud internet fanfic.

They call my cell like twice a week, I blacklist, but it's a diff # every time. I've been reg'ed at donotcall.gov since it started but they give no gently caress.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Just installed 1Weather and for the most part, I really like it...however, I can't find a way to set Current Location as its default location for me.

Anyone know how to set this?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Combat Pretzel posted:

I like the Friendcaster app myself.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Combat Pretzel posted:

Reasons to install the Facebook app:
1) Notifications (that rarely work properly)
2) You think your phone has too much battery life
3) You don't mind giving FB an awful lot of permissions on your phone

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I dunno man, you missed the obvious: too lazy to put a bookmark shortcut on your homescreen. The app saves you all that effort :v:

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
I don't think this has been mentioned. You can now delete apps from your Amazon account so you can get rid of the lovely free apps you've ordered or stuff you've purchased in the Android market since getting it for free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So LevelUp Studio is working on Plume 3.0 right now and one of the major changes is a new UI that works with ICS. Right now there is an alpha build up for 3.0 but it is far from finished (couple bugs and some icons are not final).

You can download the build here: http://levelupstudio.com/betatest/index.php?topic=173.0 (you'll need to register, but it's worth it cause they release updates everyday pretty much).

Here's what it looks like right now:

----

Somehow they got the ActionBar to work in Gingerbread? If I remember right I think this is how they got it http://actionbarsherlock.com/

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Anyone else find Beautiful Widgets lagging out the home screen on unlock now after the update? I had a small weather and small date widget on my main home screen for a while now with no issues. I updated BW last night and now it stutters as it unlocks if the widgets are present.

This is on a Galaxy Nexus running 4.0.4.

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!

bull3964 posted:

Anyone else find Beautiful Widgets lagging out the home screen on unlock now after the update? I had a small weather and small date widget on my main home screen for a while now with no issues. I updated BW last night and now it stutters as it unlocks if the widgets are present.

This is on a Galaxy Nexus running 4.0.4.

Yes, same problem Galaxy S, CM9.

Codiusprime
Mar 17, 2006
I've been having a few weird redraw issues, wonder if that could be the culprit.

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

Skeezy posted:

So LevelUp Studio is working on Plume 3.0 right now and one of the major changes is a new UI that works with ICS. Right now there is an alpha build up for 3.0 but it is far from finished (couple bugs and some icons are not final).

You can download the build here: http://levelupstudio.com/betatest/index.php?topic=173.0 (you'll need to register, but it's worth it cause they release updates everyday pretty much).

Here's what it looks like right now:

----

Somehow they got the ActionBar to work in Gingerbread? If I remember right I think this is how they got it http://actionbarsherlock.com/

I watched Hanna last night. What a letdown.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Anyone with amazon prime that watches on your phone or tablet? What's the best way or is it even possible? Google searching showed some success with just flash and the website.

Their latest additions make me want to look more seriously into getting prime.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

rotaryfun posted:

Anyone with amazon prime that watches on your phone or tablet? What's the best way or is it even possible? Google searching showed some success with just flash and the website.

Their latest additions make me want to look more seriously into getting prime.

I watch via the web site with my Xoom on occasion, it works fine once the video starts but it can be a pain to navigate the interface. Well the interface kinda sucks even on a PC.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Steriletom posted:

I watched Hanna last night. What a letdown.

I figured someone would do that ahahah :3:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Did anyone else grab a copy of Kitchen Confidential when it was on sale AND read it with the Play Books Android app? The book updated a few days ago and now Play Books force closes every time I go to read it, but only that book.
I remember seeing a bunch of negative reviews on Play saying the same thing, but now they are all gone. :tinfoil:

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?
I have a question about the facebook app. Since the various 'timeline-esque' updates I can't figure out how to view the 'likes' on a photo. Have they moved this somewhere else or have they just been really :downs: and broken it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

The Merkinman posted:

Did anyone else grab a copy of Kitchen Confidential when it was on sale AND read it with the Play Books Android app? The book updated a few days ago and now Play Books force closes every time I go to read it, but only that book.
I remember seeing a bunch of negative reviews on Play saying the same thing, but now they are all gone. :tinfoil:

Books get updates?!

• Locked thread