Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
My current wacky theory:

I think I've settled on "Howard is a cuckold, and that's okay with him". Even before his second wife, Howard used to talk about how he'd love to take some hot stripper out with him and have all the other guys looking at her wanting to have sex with her. He's still talked about loving it when other guys are hot for his wife. He loves to tell stories about how masseurs/masseuses can't help themselves and practically molest Beth when they get the chance. The story about John Stamos and Rebecca Romjin has changed almost every time it's been told, and it's gotten close to admitting to wife-swapping a couple of times. Howard is obsessed with "beer can cocks"; he's always asking the guests about that kind of thing. I bet Howard really likes to have Beth go out and have sex with other guys, and then tell him about it.

The "fight" they had was just a bit for the air; Howard was trying to create drama and act like he doesn't want Beth sleeping around on him. (Not that there's anything wrong with that; couples can have all kinds of "weird" setups and be perfectly happy with them. I'm just annoyed that he seems to be trying to pretend it's something else.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
If he had just given her a baby she wouldn't be spending 12 hours a day working on ridiculous projects like "Mom Caves" in the first place. He also could have probably stopped her at one cat.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Open relationships are pretty hard to manage. There no way in Hell Stern could participate in one as he's not mature enough.

He's such a germophobe too. He won't shake hands with anyone, you think he's going want to touch his wife after she's been with another guy?

Howard's problem is admitting things to himself and thinking that if he ignores an issue long enough, it will go away.

"Is Artie a junkie? Oh I don't know, he says he isn't that's good enough for me! The rest of you should lay off him. "

"Some fan said my show sucks. I don't know, Tim Sabian, Mutt and Bobo think it's good so I guess the fans are just stupid."

"My wife spends 14 hours a day with a guy that she thinks is hot. She says I don't have anything to worry about so I won't."

Spacemonkey57 posted:

If he had just given her a baby she wouldn't be spending 12 hours a day working on ridiculous projects like "Mom Caves" in the first place. He also could have probably stopped her at one cat.

If she had a Baby we would just add "Baby Caves" to the list of projects. Also a book on how to raise your kid which she writes as the Nanny tends to the child 18 hours a day.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 15, 2012

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

Open relationships are pretty hard to manage. There no way in Hell Stern could participate in one as he's not mature enough.

He's such a germophobe too. He won't shake hands with anyone, you think he's going want to touch his wife after she's been with another guy?

What if Howard doesn't actually have sex with her? Maybe he just has her tell him dirty stories. Or maybe this is why he keeps his condoms locked up.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

This is exactly what she said. It was a huge :wtf: moment for me, not just because of what she said but how she said it. And as I pointed out in a prior post, she had also just finished saying how she spends something like 12 hours a day with this guy.

Yeah but he has a girlfriend and she's married, they could never gently caress.

She explained it, seems legit.

:rolleyes:

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

prefect posted:

Looks like KOAB's call was set up beforehand:

(Unless he's referring to the parts where he was talking to Beth, as opposed to the whole phone call.)

I think it's more like a "Howard wanted me to call her out and he knows it!" kind of thing

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

sedative posted:

I think it's more like a "Howard wanted me to call her out and he knows it!" kind of thing

That's exactly how I took what he said, makes the most sense. I can't believe he bitches out when it comes to her, though. She's completely interchangeable, replaceable.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Just finished listening to that whole rap. It was totally dawesome, probably the best radio all year. I love when Beth cunted out and hung up.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
This is the first time I wish I still listened to the show. :( I need to hear this!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Moniker posted:

This is the first time I wish I still listened to the show. :( I need to hear this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nth2hp5_WoU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qezbj8hXuh4

Someone posted this (prefect, I think) a page back. I haven't heard it yet myself.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Someone posted this (prefect, I think) a page back. I haven't heard it yet myself.

Thank you!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kelly posted:

I'm still two days behind like normal (only listen while driving and working out) and I'm debating jumping ahead just to hear this. I hate skipping ahead, because then there is 0 incentive to go back to AGT talk if I do skip a show.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Okay, just listened to this again with a fresh perspective, Howard sounded legitimately pissed off and Beth was on a guilty defensive. Howard uses his show as a weapon, and he used it against beth... which is pretty telling.

I don't think their marriage will last through the year.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

This is good stuff

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

loving him or not, Beth cares about this guy or the "Mom Cave" project more than she does about Howard.

She starts by basically asking Howard not to make this into anything because then it would cause tension with the guy.

Also Beth isn't the type of person who hears the word NO often she her defense is to revert to a child and grumble until she gets her way.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Okay, just listened to this again with a fresh perspective, Howard sounded legitimately pissed off and Beth was on a guilty defensive. Howard uses his show as a weapon, and he used it against beth... which is pretty telling.

It's very telling when KOAB goes on the offense against Beth and Howard is literally dead silent. Howard wanted KOAB to attack her because he, an extremely passive aggressive person, won't (can't) do it himself. Howard only spoke out against KOAB's attack, and very timidly and insincerely, after Beth had already hung up and others in the studio, namely Gary, were complaining about it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Time for Howard to cash in that pre-nup and get a newer model.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

bisticles posted:

This is good stuff

I knew something brilliant happened when I saw 52 new posts but, Holy crap! Howard slept on the couch last night for sure!

Beth got accused of taking a picture that was "too intimate" and she gets stampy, deletes the photo and refuses to call back in. Wouldnt a rational response be for her to say "What? Its just a picture...I'm not cheating, you're being stupid!"

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Alkaphanel posted:

I knew something brilliant happened when I saw 52 new posts but, Holy crap! Howard slept on the couch last night for sure!

Beth got accused of taking a picture that was "too intimate" and she gets stampy, deletes the photo and refuses to call back in. Wouldnt a rational response be for her to say "What? Its just a picture...I'm not cheating, you're being stupid!"

The best defense is a good offense, and all that jazz!

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Also Beth isn't the type of person who hears the word NO often she her defense is to revert to a child and grumble until she gets her way.

I was married for two years and my wife did this. She never, ever could just concede that she was solidly in the wrong, ever. Even if she did apologize for something it was a yell of "OK FINE I'M SORRY *sobs running away*"

If they divorce I will go right back out that same day and buy a whole new radio. Its about the only thing that could bring me back into an Artie-less show.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Alkaphanel posted:

She couldn't finish watching a play about a horse because she was worried something would happen to the fake horse.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
She thought her high school principal coming over to her house to eat lunch with her while she was suspended was perfectly normal.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

^^^ and he cried when she graduated.

This show sounds horrible.

http://www.hgtv.com/mom-caves/show/index.html

HGTV posted:

Dad's got his man cave, the kids have their playroom — even the dog has a kennel! But what about Mom? It's time she had a space of her own, and don't even think about the kitchen! She wants a mom cave. We'll design and build the ultimate space for Mom, a place where she can kick back and relax with her friends or family and do what she likes to do best. Mom Caves is hosted by designer Matt Muenster and Beth Stern, who has firsthand knowledge in this area as the proud owner of two mom caves: one in New York and a two-story version in her new home in the Hamptons. Both of Beth's mom caves are dressing rooms where she chills out with friends and gets ready for big nights out, and they're off-limits to her shock jock husband, Howard. Mom Caves will incorporate great cutting-edge design with the fun and glamour of Beth's world as we celebrate the women in our lives.

Beth isn't a mother. Any of us is closer to Howard's kids at this point.

I'm no feminist but this screams stereotype. First off, it's a MOM cave. Not a "She Cave" or "Woman Cave". Like if your a woman and are not a Mom, you're worthless and don't count.

Beth's cave is nothing but a room to play dress up and drink white wine before going out. Let's not mention that some women actually like to read, write, watch movies/sports, play Xbox, meditate, cook and a million other things.

She doesn't own poo poo and if Howard's money paid for every single "cave" she owns. She might as well hang up a "NO BOYZ ALLOWED" sign because this sounds like something out a 13 year old girl's dream.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

She couldn't finish watching a play about a horse because she was worried something would happen to the fake horse.

:stare: Jesus.

No hyperbole here but that makes her sound like a legit crazy person. That behavior would be acceptable from a 4 year old girl, but a 30something year old adult??? What the hell. Up until this point I was one of the very few Beth neutral people in these threads but god drat.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

This show sounds horrible.
http://www.hgtv.com/mom-caves/show/index.html
Beth isn't a mother. Any of us is closer to Howard's kids at this point.

Hahha, are they really playing her off as a "mom" because of her cats? This is crazy. I thought she would just be like a fashion/eye candy thing, not a, "surprise I'm an expert in this topic now" type.

First a book about training dogs, now a show about raising kids. After the divorce I expect her to write a book on Marriage.

I still like Beth, she seems like a nice, but simple person and she is smoking hot. Anyone that relates to animals that much is usually emotionally damaged to humans anyway and she probably suffers from princess syndrome, meaning she never had to correct her ways because she is so dang pretty and lives with a king in a castle and spends all day putting on dresses and playing with things. Can't fault her for not growing up.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 15, 2012

I Drink Stove Oil
Apr 4, 2009

SWOLE PATROL
drat, I haven't listened much since Artie left, but I'm really hoping this blows up into something significant.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

I still like Beth, she seems like a nice, but simple person and she is smoking hot. Anyone that relates to animals that much is usually emotionally damaged to humans anyway and she probably suffers from princess syndrome, meaning she never had to correct her ways because she is so dang pretty and lives with a king in a castle and spends all day putting on dresses and playing with things. Can't fault her for not growing up.

A modern day Barbie doll where Ken is nearing 60.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
This marriage is going to cost thousands in repairs!

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Vakal posted:

"Shock Jock Howard Stern had to spend ELEVEN HUNDRED GRAAAND on a 5 carat stone for his PRECIOUS WIFE BETH STERN after an on air blow up!"

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Vakal posted:

That one gag has made me laugh more than I have in the past 6 months listening to Stern.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I still haven't gotten to this damnable (actually interesting sounding) Beth segment, I'm still plodding through the first 90 minutes of Wednesday's show. Some thoughts:

Howard and Robin watch an amazingly ridiculous amount of TV. Robin's seen every series that's ever been on TV in the last 10 years. Howard can't figure out the deeply complex situation on The Zombie Show. Do they turn into zombies when they have a birthday? Or is it invite only? Or is it when they get bitten by a zombie like every loving zombie show ever in the history of zombies? Who knows!!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ether Frenzy posted:

Howard and Robin watch an amazingly ridiculous amount of TV. Robin's seen every series that's ever been on TV in the last 10 years.

She flies to Europe and the west coast every weekend, I think I would watch a lot of TV shows in her position.

Also she's a lonely old woman.

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006

Vakal posted:

Beth's gonna use this issue as a way to get Howard to finally give in and get her pregnant.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

-Atom- posted:

She flies to Europe and the west coast every weekend, I think I would watch a lot of TV shows in her position.

She also says she watches things just to fit in.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

-Atom- posted:

Yeah, that's true. I don't disbelieve she's seen the shows she says she watches, I'm just amazed that these two do nothing more exciting with their lives than what the average Joe does - I guess Howard did say he has the same life as ETM aside from having fancier sushi for dinner.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

musclecoder posted:

"Shock Jock Howard Stern had to spend ELEVEN HUNDRED GRAAAND on a 5 carat stone for his PRECIOUS WIFE BETH STERN after an on air blow up!"

While lowly JD Harmeyer works 60 hour weeks on a pauper's salary, Beth makes drama happen in her marriage in order to secure this new set of diamond earrings that set back her shock jock husband Howard Stern a staggering THIRTY MILLION GRAAAANNNND.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The more TV Robin watches, the less kooky events and spiritual stuff she bothers with, that is bad for the show. Put the ipad down and start talking to shamans!

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

The more TV Robin watches, the less kooky events and spiritual stuff she bothers with, that is bad for the show. Put the ipad down and start talking to shamans!

Her Tivo broke and she just let it go hoping it would fix itself by shooting coffee up her rear end while peering at it like Braco the Gazer

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Dear friends. We are gathered here today to rub Mike & Ike's on this ailing Tivo.

Does anyone know where its rear end and titties are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Robin, sweetie, first you put the vasoline on the Tivo, just the tivo. Then you spread your warm buttcheeks open.