Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
Hussie likes using troll blood colors for non troll blood objects. The cover on that book Rose is writing in is Kanaya's color, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
If you punch the brightness of the sheen up in Photoshop, you get this:

:ohdear:

I hope we're just over-analyzing.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Coffee aside, the fact that the two human sessions are null and void is much more amusing to me than it has any right to be.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
♪ The best part of wakin' up
Is Trollgers in your cup ♫

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

It's going to be hilarious when we find out that it's not troll blood in the coffee (seriously, it's not).

It's also going to be very hilarious when this post is proven wrong by the comic in some strange twist.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It has to be troll blood.

Kanaya's not drinking it because as a rainbow-drinker she'd notice immediately. At first her not wanting any is a joke about her being a vampire, but it's also a way to explain why it's gone undetected.

Those colours work perfectly and there's no reason it'd be congealing a film like that if it was regular coffee.

Oh, also, that thing isn't a coffee machine. I mean look at it. I wouldn't be surprised if Gamzee were just flash-stepping inside with two mugs of hot coffee/troll blood to drop off, and that's why it takes so long.

Everything fits too well. I've no idea why or to what end, but I'd bet the farm on it being troll blood in the coffee (or at the very least Hussie's trying to make us think it is, so he can make it not be blood in an overblown way later).

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I think you guys are overanalysing the poo poo out of this. It's just a random prop he threw in.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I choose to believe that it is coffee so that when it turns out not to be coffee I can be surprised.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Why would troll blood separate into banded slicks? That doesn't even make sense.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I wonder how (if it is blood, which I think it is) it's been able to last for a whole year. Troll corpses must be packed with blood! I'm surprised trolls don't gush torrents of blood like something out of a samurai movie whenever they get injured.

Elysiume posted:

Why would troll blood separate into banded slicks? That doesn't even make sense.

Different densities? I don't know.

Edit: Homestuck must be realistic in its depiction of everything, including lovely coffee and solar-powered unstoppable demon dog chess pieces.

Well Manicured Man fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 16, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Jegus, guys! Slicks are rainbow colored. Just because several of the colors match (they don't all match), that doesn't mean it's troll blood.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Elysiume posted:

Probably just a visual cue to show every dead troll that contributed to the cup.
Unless we're wrong, in which case what the gently caress is wrong with their coffee
Edit: why the gently caress else would we have a lingering shot if it was totally normal
Editx2: Wait better yet why would Dave comment on how weird the coffee was if it wasn't weird

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 16, 2012

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'd like to think Hussie's seeing all this and going "exactly as planned" but in actuality, he's probably just going "it's just a stylistic decision what the gently caress is wrong with these people"

Unless, of course, it does mean something in which case can we just get on with it I'm so confused :psyduck:

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Ominous Jazz posted:

Probably just a visual cue to show every dead troll that contributed to the cup.
Unless we're wrong, in which case what the gently caress is wrong with their coffee

Honestly it looks more like there's a reflection of Rose's god tier outfit in the coffee than anything else. Watch me be wrong in a few updates.

Never Odd or Even
Jan 21, 2009

This jerk again.
Fun Shoe

Well Manicured Man posted:

Different densities? I don't know.

That would make them sink between each other. Films form from liquids not being miscible. Blood is mostly water, as is coffee, so they should mix fine. But it is alien blood, so loving whatever.

Edit: for my money, it's probably just a visual motif or something.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Boneless Jogger posted:

Honestly it looks more like there's a reflection of Rose's god tier outfit in the coffee than anything else. Watch me be wrong in a few updates.
Literally none of the colors of her god tier outfit match up to that at all. Fake edit: Except for the shoes I guess but she's not loving floating
Fakeeditx2: man I am worked up about this coffee

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ominous Jazz posted:

Edit: why the gently caress else would we have a lingering shot if it was totally normal
Editx2: Wait better yet why would Dave comment on how weird the coffee was if it wasn't weird
Just because it's weird doesn't mean it's troll blood.

Never Odd or Even posted:

That would make them sink between each other. Films form from liquids not being miscible. Blood is mostly water, as is coffee, so they should mix fine. But it is alien blood, so loving whatever.
Except unless the blood hues are...like, super different, beyond pigments, they would just mix with each other and form a murky brown.

Ominous Jazz posted:

Literally none of the colors of her god tier outfit match up to that at all. Fake edit: Except for the shoes I guess but she's not loving floating
Fakeeditx2: man I am worked up about this coffee
Orange and yellow reflected on a dark surface would easily become brown and dark gold.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Seriously; no point arguing, because none of us know for sure.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Eeeww, you guys, ew. I wasn't thinking "troll blood in the coffee" at all. Why did I open this thread?

My first impression is that it's nothing because the colors don't really match up at all. But then again, the colors probably would be off if mixed with brown coffee. Furthermore, I've been drinking coffee for years and years, from horrible cheap gas station coffee to super nice freshly ground organic, and I've never even heard of a film developing on the top layer. That happens more with dairy products, in my experience. There's something wrong with the coffee, but I really really hope it's not that.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > MSPaint Adventures - Coffee Edition, The Final Acts

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's like none of you guys have had really lovely coffee before.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The oily film on top of the coffee is significant somehow. But blood isn't oily.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Hahaha, oh my god, the way he brings up the apple juice is a call back to the Little Monsters gag, but this time Gamzee is Howie Mandel! In the most horrible horrible way imaginable.

Edit: The relevent page- http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003341

GloriousDemon fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 16, 2012

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's not ridiculous to raise an eyebrow when the following concepts are waved under our nose over the last few pages:

- Where's Gamzee? Where are the bodies he took? There's a lot we don't know about his motives.
- What is this mysterious device? There seems to be more to it than coffee.
- This coffee has an unpleasant taste. Why is that?
- What is this unpleasant discoloration in the coffee? It seems to match the colors of trolls that have died on the meteor.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

- What is this unpleasant discoloration in the coffee? It seems to match the colors of trolls that have died on the meteor.

Terezi and Sollux aren't dead. Wait, did Sollux have two bodies?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Erasure posted:

Yes. Terezi is missing, but I don't think she's dead.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Erasure posted:

Sollux has, at various times, left behind no less than three corpses. And there'll probably be one more.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Erasure posted:

Sollux left a bleedy corpse on the meteor, plus that blueish color could pass for Vriskablood (best blood) I guess. Barring that, Terezi happens to be missing at the moment.

jvempire
May 10, 2009
Zach, the coffee is just giving them a clue for their investigation.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Whatever's going on is clearly leading up to the bluh to end all bluhs.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
It's not Sollux's blood color. It's Nepeta's.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Whatever's going on is clearly leading up to the bluh to end all bluhs.

The Vast Bluh, if you will.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Saradiart posted:

It's not Sollux's blood color. It's Nepeta's.

No, it's Sollux's.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

edit: This coffee thing is dumb.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Well Manicured Man posted:

I wonder how (if it is blood, which I think it is) it's been able to last for a whole year. Troll corpses must be packed with blood! I'm surprised trolls don't gush torrents of blood like something out of a samurai movie whenever they get injured.

Uh, they totally are completely full of blood. See the aforementioned K8LL M8 scene. I think in that last thread I compared them to John's beloved Gushers.

I mean, compare the human death scenes to the troll death scenes. John and Rose getting stabbed and Dave getting shot weren't actually all that bloody.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

See, Gamzee knew all along that the coffee maker was actually a video game health revival tool. He's been storing the troll corpses inside so that by the time they reach the new universe, his friends will have woken up! What actually happens is that they all get horribly mixed together and produce UU/uu somehow.

Dave and Rose mistake the stuff produced by the machine for coffee because troll blood is delicious and they've never actually had coffee before.

Duskfiend
Apr 5, 2011

Awwwk! Awwwk!

Bobulus posted:

edit: This coffee thing is dumb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov%27s_gun

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

This might be the dumbest loving instance of Chekhov's Gun being used as an argument in recorded history.

So hey, I guess this derail accomplished something after all

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Troll blood. In the coffee.

I knew I could count on it, it never fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duskfiend
Apr 5, 2011

Awwwk! Awwwk!
It's either oil/unctuous film/congealed coffee and Hussie's trolling us, or it's troll blood. There is no third option, this is not a coincidence. Hussie put those colors there and they must mean something. :tinfoil: