Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

The_Doctor posted:

Aww, looks fun :) but DC superheroes are only Bats and Supes? On the plus side, Mark Hamill!
No there will be many more in the game, including Wonder Woman and Green Lantern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I thought Mark Hamill retired from doing the Joker's voice for good.

Also, from before when I mentioned going overboard...

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Legion.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The_Doctor posted:

Aww, looks fun :) but DC superheroes are only Bats and Supes? On the plus side, Mark Hamill!

I always thought there was no dialogue in the Lego games.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

But there are little gasps and grunts and laughing. Like the old Pink Panther cartoon.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Captain Invictus posted:

Doesn't sound like Hamill to me at all.

Plus yeah, he said Arkham City was his last hurrah.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Invictus posted:

Also, from before when I mentioned going overboard...

You need to MOC some siege machinery, or a field, or something. Don't waste that beauty on a shelf or something!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
It's been mentioned before but a Lego Harry Potter game would be awesome and you could do lots of Brick Magic and things.

Edit: I R DUMB and only know about Lego Star Wars and Batman :downs:

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 16, 2012

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

VanSandman posted:

It's been mentioned before but a Lego Harry Potter game would be awesome and you could do lots of Brick Magic and things.

You mean like the one they did in 2010?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

VanSandman posted:

There's already two Lego games based on Harry Potter.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Here's an even crazier idea: a Lego Star Wars game. They could even do one for the prequel trilogy, one for the original trilogy and one for Clone Wars. Alas, it will probably always remain a dream.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Joramun posted:

Here's an even crazier idea: a Lego Star Wars game. They could even do one for the prequel trilogy, one for the original trilogy and one for Clone Wars. Alas, it will probably always remain a dream.

You shut your whore mouth, Lego would never waste time on something so financially ruinous.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

In case you were wondering, Lego has officially tagged the sets for girls:
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Girls-ByCategory

Not just Friends!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
gently caress me, that new minifigure set has Roman soldiers, celts, and minotaurs? This is what gets me buying Legos again, I just know it.

Ugh I could totally see myself digging out all my old Legos, cleaning them up, and starting to build Rome or something nuts. Hey, speaking of - best way to clean old Legos that have probably tons of mouse poop on them? Just hot water and soap?

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Manky posted:

gently caress me, that new minifigure set has Roman soldiers, celts, and minotaurs? This is what gets me buying Legos again, I just know it.

Ugh I could totally see myself digging out all my old Legos, cleaning them up, and starting to build Rome or something nuts. Hey, speaking of - best way to clean old Legos that have probably tons of mouse poop on them? Just hot water and soap?

Someone else can probably give clearer instructions but I believe putting them in a pillowcase and throwing them in the washing machine is what others have recommended.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

smackfu posted:

Not just Friends!
Ah yes, Cannibal Escape. So quintessentially feminine, to flee from flesh-eating tribalists.

Joramun fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 16, 2012

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
The best thing ever would be if Lego had "boys" and "girls" flags on their search and they both gave you the exact same results.

e: and if anyone reports it as a bug they reply only with :colbert:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Manky posted:

Well it had Roman soldiers. Captain Invictus took them all.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Joramun posted:

Ah yes, Cannibal Escape. So quintessentially feminine, to flee from flesh-eating tribalists.

I can see a set that comes with a Johnny Depp minifig as appealing to some ladies.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Rare Collectable posted:

I can see a set that comes with a Johnny Depp minifig as appealing to some ladies.
Ah, that makes more sense. Good catch.

Though they should probably include all the sets with Hayden Christensen minifigs as well, then.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Anyone who wants to build Rome should probably buy about a dozen "City of Atlantis" sets.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Manky posted:

If you're just shooting to get grime off, a half-hour soak in a slightly-weaker-than-suggested warm water-and-OxyClean mix with a rinse and air dry is the best thing I came across. Beats the washing machine, a toothbrush, dish soap, et al. Regular soap won't rinse off quite the way Oxy does.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You need to MOC some siege machinery, or a field, or something. Don't waste that beauty on a shelf or something!
Oh, of course. Remember that picture of the Romans fighting robots I had? Now I have more than double the Romans and triple the Robots. Most of the Romans are an investment for 6 months to a year down the line, but I sure as hell am going to do some silly things with them before they get traded/sold off!

smackfu posted:

Not just Friends!

Hey, this is pretty cool.
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Minifigure-Wedding-Favor-Set-853340

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I'd like LEGO to expand a new set called Building Life's MomentsTM that include sets like that wedding set. LEGO graduation caps and LEGO birthday cakes and LEGO gravestones and and :allears:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I'd like LEGO to expand a new set called Building Life's MomentsTM that include sets like that wedding set. LEGO graduation caps and LEGO birthday cakes and LEGO gravestones and and :allears:
Lego Midlife Crisis (comes with a red sports car), Lego Menopause and Lego My First Divorce.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Joramun posted:

The Queen Anne's Revenge. A stinking warship, crewed by bloodthirsty zombie pirates, and captained by Al Swearengen. For girls.

Those some cool girls.

e: Glad to see the VW Van on there. I just finished that thing Wednesday night, it is pretty boss.

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 16, 2012

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Pff, who needs a set, we made our wedding cake topper at the PAB wall and minifig bin.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElwoodCuse posted:

Pff, who needs a set, we made our wedding cake topper at the PAB wall and minifig bin.

Hey, me, too. Though we had to track down the Grand Emporium bride and groom outfits and "Pop Star" minifig for the bride's wig.

E: This photos is from before the groomsmen got a hold of the minifigs.

BetterWeirdthanDead fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 16, 2012

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.

Phy posted:

The Queen Anne's Revenge. A stinking warship, crewed by bloodthirsty zombie pirates, and captained by Al Swearengen. For girls.

Those some cool girls.

e: Glad to see the VW Van on there. I just finished that thing Wednesday night, it is pretty boss.

I got my girlfriend one of the new Dino sets for Valentine's Day and she loved it. Cool Legos are cool regardless of your gender.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Phy posted:

Those some cool girls.
Maybe they're female zombies? Good role models.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Gravy Jones posted:

Anyone who wants to build Rome should probably buy about a dozen "City of Atlantis" sets.

Waaaaaay way way waaay ahead of you on that one. Pulled that seaweed right off and made a Lego wish come true. :)

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

Gravy Jones posted:

Just don't try to build it in a day :v:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Waaaaaay way way waaay ahead of you on that one. Pulled that seaweed right off and made a Lego wish come true. :)

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
I want to kiss every one of those trees on the mouth. So dang clever.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
Just had my mind changed on the Friends line. I was kind of indifferent to the sets, but I was at a client's house ad they have 2 very princess daughters. The total pink princess disney daughter deal.
and now in the middle of all the doll houses I saw a couple Friends sets that were not only built, but looked played with. Warmed my heart a little.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Speaking of Friends.

Smith's/Fredmeyer has 15% off Friends coupons right on the shelves, plus another 10% off everything home related including toys. So 25% off is hard to pass up. The Batman one was only 10% off but I want a Catwoman dammit! And that little set seems to fly off the shelves more than any other.

Those coupons are good through tomorrow I believe, so if you need an excuse for more Lego you have one.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

oneof27 posted:

Just had my mind changed on the Friends line. I was kind of indifferent to the sets, but I was at a client's house ad they have 2 very princess daughters. The total pink princess disney daughter deal.
and now in the middle of all the doll houses I saw a couple Friends sets that were not only built, but looked played with. Warmed my heart a little.

Walmart has a fuckton of little polybagged sets in for Easter, including three Friends sets. One of them has that elusive little laptop. So I guess I bought a couple Friends sets (along with one or two of everything else, including a Ninjago set that launches neon green snakes in the air).

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Finally got around to building the creator lighthouse that's been sitting on my desk the last two weeks and for the first time ever in my history with Lego it was missing a piece. Just one skeleton leg for the railing.

It really is a pretty cool set. I can envision little plumes of smoke coming out of the stovepipe. If only those pesky seagulls would stop stealing the keepers fish.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

Dr. Benway posted:

Finally got around to building the creator lighthouse that's been sitting on my desk the last two weeks and for the first time ever in my history with Lego it was missing a piece. Just one skeleton leg for the railing.

When I first got the lighthouse I sorted my pieces out then went "what the HECK did they give me skeleton legs for???" Clever use of them in the end though, but I was incredibly confused for a while. I thought there was some sort of tragic storyline that involved a bunch of severed legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

GidgetNomates posted:

When I first got the lighthouse I sorted my pieces out then went "what the HECK did they give me skeleton legs for???" Clever use of them in the end though, but I was incredibly confused for a while. I thought there was some sort of tragic storyline that involved a bunch of severed legs.
When a lighthouse guardian gets too old for the job, they chop off his legs and toss his torso in the water to sink to the bottom of the sea. The bones are kept as souvenirs.