Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Something about Dave's bro being the same age as Roxy's mom seems really weird. Bro is more like a "cool dad" now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm fairly sure Bro was officially stated to be 30 when Homestuck started, so he and Mom were both pretty drat young when they got their respective meteor-children. poo poo, Dirk's going to grow three feet in about two years. That can't be good for your joints.

KoB
May 1, 2009

YggiDee posted:

I'm fairly sure Bro was officially stated to be 30 when Homestuck started, so he and Mom were both pretty drat young when they got their respective meteor-children. poo poo, Dirk's going to grow three feet in about two years. That can't be good for your joints.

It makes sense, from all we've seen, Bro raised Dave since he was a baby, so Bro was maybe 17 when Dave hit earth. Thats already pushing it to be completely self reliant on internet puppet smut.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

KoB posted:

so Bro was maybe 17 when Dave hit earth.
But Dirk is 16. Bro was fully Bro'd out when he found Dave. Grown into his hat, if you will. I doubt he can do all that growing in one year.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe character sprites grow all at once. Like you get a free height upgrade when you get your driver's license? I mean, things like names and the ability to talk without an IM program are arbitrarily granted, why not appearance?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I'm pretty pleased that the meteor bifurcation theory turned out to be right.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Maybe character sprites grow all at once. Like you get a free height upgrade when you get your driver's license? I mean, things like names and the ability to talk without an IM program are arbitrarily granted, why not appearance?
Come to think of it, PVPOnline did it that way, by having the two teenager characters "leveling up" at one point.

Which would actually be completely fitting considering everything we know about Homestuck.

annatar
Jan 14, 2007
hellol

Talorat posted:

I'm pretty pleased that the meteor bifurcation theory turned out to be right.

Except it isn't? The portals simply changed end destination, they don't have two destinations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I already mentioned this earlier, but if her "confession" to B1 Jane - as related by Nannasprite - was accurate, she seems to have had little idea what she was doing in B1, as keeping Jane and Jake apart did absolutely nothing to prevent Jade and John.

(Of course, maybe she got to B1 after getting kicked out of B2 with Jade and John's help. See above re: lots of open questions.)

I'm gonna take a guess and say the Empress was sent to the B1 kids' session and hitched a meteor ride out of it immediately rather than messing with anything there, and said meteor happened to be split between the Earths of B1 and B2--only, B1 Empress exists merely by circumstance and serves no importance. Having the Empress arrive on Earth all excited to conquer it only to never hear from LE again and become shoehorned into a life as an unhappy baker is exactly something Hussie would do.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

annatar posted:

Except it isn't? The portals simply changed end destination, they don't have two destinations.

The crux of it is true though, that the Alpha players and ancestors are identical to their pre-Scratch selves.

What's interesting is this also implies that B2 is probably the same frog as B1, so Dirk and Roxy might be escaping Red Miles as they enter.

Oh hey, update.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

With all the kids' baby pictures next to each other I just realised, John and Jane also have bird-like hair, not just Dave and Bro.

e: Oh god poor Kanaya is so hopelessly lost.

YF-23 fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 17, 2012

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God loving dammit dave.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

nerdbot posted:

I'm gonna take a guess and say the Empress was sent to the B1 kids' session and hitched a meteor ride out of it immediately rather than messing with anything there, and said meteor happened to be split between the Earths of B1 and B2--only, B1 Empress exists merely by circumstance and serves no importance. Having the Empress arrive on Earth all excited to conquer it only to never hear from LE again and become shoehorned into a life as an unhappy baker is exactly something Hussie would do.

That's a possibility, true. It doesn't account for her sudden disappearance, though - if it's all the same Condesce, the most obvious interpretation of that is that that's when she left for B2. (Of course, that still doesn't cover the ICP link.)

In other news: WONK.

It's kind of unfortunate that Kanaya remains unable to navigate all of this human bullshit; she isn't getting to contribute much.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 17, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
If people were wondering what a wonk looked like in relation to a wink, this panel has the answer you're looking for.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Fucknag posted:

God loving dammit dave.

He's like a really ironic version of Luke Skywalker.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:allears:

It took me several seconds to realize the pic at the top actually has Rose winking in it. It doesn't top the eyebrow wiggling in the previous intermission, but drat if it's not being used for exactly the same reason.

Speaking of the previous intermission, yes, Dave, you guys are never gonna stop loving with each other.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Hey remember early in the comic, whenever Dave referred to Rose to other people he was like "pssh everyone knows she's all up in my grill, just TRAPPED there"

It kinda owns even more now

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
DAVE: its like a huge blue perv thats mad jazzed for kidcest

Skaia why don't you take a seat over there.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
The guy who worked with hussie did a prequel-of-sorts to And It Don't Stop

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Oh dear sweet goodness yes.

:allears: There can never be quite enough of And It Don't Stop.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man I want to read AIDS again.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Someone link it please?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Tollymain posted:

Oh man I want to read AIDS again.

That's... an interesting acronym. I never realized that.

The proper way to read And It Don't Stop is to read each page twice, once rapping the lyrics out loud and a second time to actually see the page itself.

E: ^^^^^^^^

glug posted:

Someone link it please?

http://www.andrewhussie.com/comic.php?sec=archive&auth=Andrew&cid=aids/00000.jpg

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Could be that the A2 and B1 players showing up with their own battlefield will somehow play right into Lord English's purposes (or he thinks it will)

Guess who first planted the idea of escaping from the B1 Scratch?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005529 & also the next page of pesterlog

At least, as far as I recall this was the first time it came up.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

TheDemon posted:

Guess who first planted the idea of escaping from the B1 Scratch?

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005529 & also the next page of pesterlog

At least, as far as I recall this was the first time it came up.
He truly was the greatest host we could've asked for...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

nerdbot posted:

This actually makes a lot of sense. I mean, it explains how the Empress was in B1 as well. In fact, she was probably planning on taking over the world in B1 as well, but her plans were thwarted by the Reckoning actually happening. In B2, the Reckoning doesn't happen, so she succeeds. Betty Crocker did have a fairly large influence at the beginning of Homestuck, but we all just regarded the references as funny jokes.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Constable Lemon posted:

This actually makes a lot of sense. I mean, it explains how the Empress was in B1 as well. In fact, she was probably planning on taking over the world in B1 as well, but her plans were thwarted by the Reckoning actually happening. In B2, the Reckoning doesn't happen, so she succeeds. Betty Crocker did have a fairly large influence at the beginning of Homestuck, but we all just regarded the references as funny jokes.

I'm tempted to ask how she would've gotten there from Earth, but then again Grandpa Harley managed the same thing, didn't he? Did we ever find out how he went to the session and back?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

quote:

DAVE: can we slow down this meteor
DAVE: delay the meetup
DAVE: maybe fight jack for a little while

Got a good chuckle out of this.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
:lol: That was the funniest page ever.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

When did Rose become the best at trolling? Her and Dave were always competing masters of wit but their exchanges are usually a lot more equal. Dave was so uncomfortable with a few implications and a wink he was chased right out of the room.

On the other hand so much for that annual briefing. Hope there weren't any more speculative details in there we might've needed.

edit: VVV I like this point. It's already been said that they 'sound' different in person rather than over chat, but that the differences are more than skin deep and might impact the characters a little more is interesting to imagine.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 17, 2012

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dave doesn't seem to be as quick-witted in person in a face-to-face situation as he was behind a keyboard when he has time to think.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Evil Mastermind posted:

Dave doesn't seem to be as quick-witted in person in a face-to-face situation as he was behind a keyboard when he has time to think.

So he's like most people on the Internet.

(myself included :v:)

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Change my title to huge blue perv thats mad jazzed for kidcest

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Dolash posted:

When did Rose become the best at trolling?

I think it was when she was making sweet poetry about Dave being molested by a pile of smuppets. To quote:

quote:

TT: Are you going to start rapping about this?
TG: what no
TG: no listen
TT: Prong of flesh bereft of home
TT: Found solace 'twixt a cleft of foam.
TG: no oh jesus
TT: Of apocalypse your thoughts eclipse
TT: A painted pair of parted lips
TT: That dare through kiss to stir the air
TT: That teases tufts of orange hair.
TT: And though faces flush in lovers' fits,
TT: Hands snug in plush as gloves befit.

Rose. :allears:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

He's probably a little perturbed at the though of meeting up with his brother again, considering the first thirteen years of his life was a nonstop cavalcade of conflict, puppet rear end, and crippling inferiority complexes when comparing his ironic mastery to Dirk's. Actually meeting a Dirk his own age is probably going to fix that.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cabbit posted:

He's probably a little perturbed at the though of meeting up with his brother again, considering the first thirteen years of his life was a nonstop cavalcade of conflict, puppet rear end, and crippling inferiority complexes when comparing his ironic mastery to Dirk's. Actually meeting a Dirk his own age is probably going to fix that.

The most hilarious part is that this version of Dirk is probably just as if not more emotionally insecure than Dave is. Their meeting is probably gonna be the most interesting of the bunch when it finally happens, regardless.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hmm.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

He could not possibly have been thinking that far ahead.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Doesn't mean he wouldn't make a reference now, though. It might be something she says, especially after meeting Rose.

Also, I wonder if learning that Dirk is gay is going to change Dave's view of Bro? Really just as one part of a parcel of things he's going to be able to ask about now, but that seems like it might surprise Dave into some sincerity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cabbit posted:

He could not possibly have been thinking that far ahead.

You say that now, but...