Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cabbit posted:

He could not possibly have been thinking that far ahead.

No, but most of Hussie's foreshadowing is only retroactively so.

Edit: Thanks for the av, kind stranger. :banjo:

Erasure fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
In this update, Dave reminds everyone why hes the best character.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Dolash posted:

Also, I wonder if learning that Dirk is gay is going to change Dave's view of Bro?

In true Hussie fashion, I imagine Dave already knows his Bro is gay. It was never as big a Deal to Beta Dirk, as he wasn't living alone and had plenty of handsome men to interact with

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
They sure are 14.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Aw, KK. Why do you have to be hatin' on WV? You're not earning any sympathy here. :(

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Last time Kanaya was knocked off a pad all the bad things happened. Rest in peace Karkat.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fat_Cow posted:

Last time Kanaya was knocked off a pad all the bad things happened. Rest in peace Karkat.

Her being pushed off signifies a jealous emotionally unstable guy entering the room.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"Enclosure Talons"

:allears:

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
dude, don't touch my cape

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
The fact that Dave and WV have become best friends and Dave actually refers to him as "the mayor" makes me stupidly giddy for some reason.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Jeez Karkat is kind of a bitch.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Roger Explosion posted:

He is angry and in love. And angry.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nonbaka posted:

The fact that Dave and WV have become best friends and Dave actually refers to him as "the mayor" makes me stupidly giddy for some reason.
Only through the hard work and perseverance of many will Can Town flourish.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

He's the only person on that meteor that bothers with emotions, even though he's only got one setting (loud). It's gonna be a rough three years for that boy, moreso if dave fucks with him.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Roger Explosion posted:

Well, considering he has spent the past however long in a heated and emotionally confusing conversation with himself, it's kinda understandable.

Sort of.

That and I'm going to find a way to use "enclosure talons" in my vocabulary.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Well, considering he has spent the past however long in a heated and emotionally confusing conversation with himself, it's kinda understandable.
20 minutes, strictly speaking. And then however long it took for him to get here.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
We've all been Karkat, but when we went on badly thought out rampages in the name of love it, wasn't as funny.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Roger Explosion posted:

It's hard being a kid and growing up and nobody understands.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Erasure posted:

We've all been Karkat, but when we went on badly thought out rampages in the name of love it, wasn't as funny.

Speak for yourself!

Mine were hysterical.

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

Dickeye posted:

Speak for yourself!

Mine were hysterical.

Mostly in hindsight.

Also: Calling it right now, the Knights are gonna throw down. Blood will be spilled, all of it red, and Terezi is going to go crazy over the resulting smell.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

Also: Calling it right now, the Knights are gonna throw down. Blood will be spilled, all of it red, and Terezi is going to go crazy over the resulting smell.

..This could segue into a callback to the Sollux/Eridan fight.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
For some reason it's really funny to me that Dave doesn't know what mayonnaise actually is. (I guess eggs are sort of like grubs.)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

For some reason it's really funny to me that Dave doesn't know what mayonnaise actually is. (I guess eggs are sort of like grubs.)

Probably because mayonnaise is the least ironic condiment.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

To be fair, I had no clue what mayo actually was at that age. It's around the same age people start telling you that honey is bee puke, cheese is mold, and millions of little insects apparently live in those mushrooms everyone eats. You learn to stop asking questions at some point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My mother once asked me what goes in mayo, out of the blue.
"I dont know. Olive oil, salt, cream? I'm not sure really."
"Hmmmm." was all she said. Later, at dinner, I got to reap what I had sown. :negative:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Flustered Dave is undoubtedly the best Dave (and we've seen a lot of them) in the whole multiverse. His coolkid facade really is only wafer-thin, isn't it?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Calm down Karkat, you have two whole years left of this nonsense.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Dominic White posted:

Flustered Dave is undoubtedly the best Dave (and we've seen a lot of them) in the whole multiverse. His coolkid facade really is only wafer-thin, isn't it?

In this metaphor, Karkat is a wafer-thin mint.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Roger Explosion posted:

I want to empty quote this forever. Karkat's cool except when he starts interacting with other people. He always has to hide his introspective side because that's not what he thinks a leader should be like and right now he's been doing it for so long it just comes naturally and oh gently caress I'm doing a character analysis about homestuck :negative:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

It wouldn't really be worth the effort to try to explain eggs and vinegar to Karkat, anyway.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

This whole update is adolescent as all hell. Karkat being a loudmouth and completely wasting all the introspection he just got done doing (only to surely beat himself up about it later), Dave in a bad mood and unable to stay cool (whoever pointed out his speaking voice is different than his typing one is dead on, dude's much more defensive and cagey in person). This might end in a punch-up of middle-school proportions.

Should probably tag in Rose's point-scoring a moment ago, although they did get some business done first and life must be boring on an asteroid. Not really getting a good sense of Kanaya's part in this conversation, she feels kind of superflous at the moment (probably why she tried to leave).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Karkat really should have a one-on-one with Rose, she seems like the only person who would treat his inner thoughts seriously. But Rose is always around others that she gets along with like Kanaya and especially Dave, so it may never happen.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Nate RFB posted:

Karkat really should have a one-on-one with Rose, she seems like the only person who would treat his inner thoughts seriously. But Rose is always around others that she gets along with like Kanaya and especially Dave, so it may never happen.

I get the feeling Rose was trying to do that when she offered the couch to Karkat.

Karkat is having none of that poo poo.

life_source fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 17, 2012

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

oh gently caress I'm doing a character analysis about homestuck :negative:
Nothin' wrong with that. Just keep your shipping matrices to yourself.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

FrozenGoldfishGod posted:

Calling it right now, the Knights are gonna throw down. Blood will be spilled, all of it red, and Terezi is going to go crazy over the resulting smell.

I don't really want either of them getting killed or anything because they are probably my two favorite characters, but this would be an awesome flash. Especially if the music for it was some kind of mashup of their themes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I hope we see that, even if only so we can find out what the hell kind of power "Blood" is.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Bongo Bill posted:

I hope we see that, even if only so we can find out what the hell kind of power "Blood" is.

Isn't the power of blood the ability to bring people back from the dead as vampires? Because he kissed kanaya and now she's a blood drinker, seems kinda open and shut to me

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The only thing that would make this fight that's about to happen better would be either Dave or Karkat angrily accidentally letting some private FEELINGS confession someone else made to them.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Wouldn't Dave utterly wipe the floor with Karkat since he's not god-tier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Erasure posted:

Wouldn't Dave utterly wipe the floor with Karkat since he's not god-tier?

Presumably, unless trolls operate on a here-to-for-unseen scale of physicality. Or maybe Karkat just shooshes him.