Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
David Flair is the only 2nd generation wrestler who got to hang out with Daffney, so he wins. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Bocc Kob posted:

David Flair is the only 2nd generation wrestler who got to hang out with Daffney, so he wins. :colbert:

I cannot argue with this logic.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

CombineThresher posted:

You spelled "Greg Gagne" wrong.

Also, is Sandman's kid still wrestling?

twisted saaaaaaaaaaaaand

God drat, what a bad ringname.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Off the top of my head, Randy Orton, Jake the Snake, Bert Hart, Mr. Perfect, Rey Mysterio Jr., Kerry VonErich(Arguable), and Alberto Del Rio.

I don't think Rey should count-the original Rey Mysterio is his uncle, not his dad. And with Alberto, was his dad also a wrestler, because I'm pretty sure Mil Mascaras is his uncle.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Grandpa Pap posted:

Surely you people haven't forgotten the name of David Sammartino? :v:

Erik Watts: ghost of wrestling future; Bill Watts: ghost of wrestling past.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Rio's father is Dos Caras, Rio wrestled as Dos Caras Jr. in Mexico.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Z-Magic posted:

Ted DiBiase, The Rock and Curt Hennig.

Eddie Guerrero?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Grandpa Pap posted:

Surely you people haven't forgotten the name of David Sammartino? :v:

We've clearly forgotten the name of Jeff Jarrett, which is even weirder.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

No, I think under the circumstances it's actually quite reasonable. :v:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

My Question is the following: What can you tell me about Mick Foley's "Mankind" gimmick? I only vaguely remember it being. Mankind wants something, Mankind gets beaten to crap trying to chase it, Mankind wants something else now. That about right?

Grandpa Pap posted:

No, I think under the circumstances it's actually quite reasonable. :v:

Shut up Slapnuts, NAW HIT MAH MUSIC!

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

How is Cabana's Wrestling Road Diaries?

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare

KildarX posted:

My Question is the following: What can you tell me about Mick Foley's "Mankind" gimmick? I only vaguely remember it being. Mankind wants something, Mankind gets beaten to crap trying to chase it, Mankind wants something else now. That about right?

I think that's the gist of it. Somewhere along the line Mankind gets thrown off the top of a 30 foot steel cage, becomes insanely over, and wins the WWF Championship which Eric Bischoff tells us to watch.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

TUS posted:

How is Cabana's Wrestling Road Diaries?

its good some segments are too long

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

KildarX posted:

He had some kind of supernatural-based beef with Taker for quite a while and then got too hurt to keep playing such a dark and unhappy role, so he started putting a sock in guys' mouths.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

The Shaman of Cum posted:

its good some segments are too long

Agreed. I thought it would be a standard, feature-length documentary and ended up pretty worn out by the end. Split it into two sessions and it would be more enjoyable.

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
An indy promoter, angry at Sid for no showing, gave out his personal phone number as revenge.

(870) 739-3306

I had a cool short conversation with him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

budreck posted:

An indy promoter, angry at Sid for no showing, gave out his personal phone number as revenge.

(870) 739-3306

I had a cool short conversation with him.

Did you ask him if he has his scissors?

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
No, I just kissed his rear end for two minutes, he was very polite and knew his number was posted online but didn't care.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
I hope that's a cell phone. Cuz I just texted it.

E-Diddy
Mar 30, 2004
I'm both hot and bothered

Little Miss RKO posted:

I hope that's a cell phone. Cuz I just texted it.

My wife grew up in the same town he lives in. She saw him at the grocery store she worked at somewhat regularly. I told her the phone number and she said 870-739-xxxx numbers are land lines for Marion, AR.

I'm too scared to call :ohdear:

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

E-Diddy posted:

My wife grew up in the same town he lives in. She saw him at the grocery store she worked at somewhat regularly. I told her the phone number and she said 870-739-xxxx numbers are land lines for Marion, AR.

I'm too scared to call :ohdear:

Oh drat. Well I'm too scared to call too. :( I really wanted to know if he still has nightmares about Goldberg crushing his car.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Little Miss RKO posted:

Oh drat. Well I'm too scared to call too. :( I really wanted to know if he still has nightmares about Goldberg crushing his car.

GOOOOLLLLDDDBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRGGGGGGGG!

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Little Miss RKO posted:

drat, my in'laws have a house a couple hours from there. I'm gonna go tee-pee his house this summer.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Then you can video him coming out his house going

omg my house, Goldberg, GOOOLLLLDDDDBBEERRRGGGG, GOOOLLLDDDBBEEERRRGGGG

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CombineThresher posted:

What about Terry Funk? Dory Funk Jr? (I thought I had also suggested Tully Blanchard, Greg Valentine, and Barry Windham as well, but it looks like that that post didn't go through.)

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Hey, what's happening with that Andy feller that won Tough Enough?

EDIT: Answered this one myself. Apparently he's in FCW and they renamed him Kevin Hackman despite everyone already knowing him from Tough Enough. All his pictures are even with the Tough Enough belt! http://www.fcwwrestling.info/kevinhackman1.html

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 17, 2012

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Orgophlax posted:

Hey, what's happening with that Andy feller that won Tough Enough?

EDIT: Answered this one myself. Apparently he's in FCW and they renamed him Kevin Hackman despite everyone already knowing him from Tough Enough. All his pictures are even with the Tough Enough belt! http://www.fcwwrestling.info/kevinhackman1.html

It's even dumber than that - he was already in FCW as Kevin Hackman before Tough Enough, they released him so he could appear on Tough Enough under his real name, and when he won he was re-hired and sent back to FCW...as Kevin Hackman.

He hasn't done a single thing of note in FCW, as far as I can tell.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I know he was wellnessed shortly after winning. Was that before or after being sent back to FCW?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Didn't he get in trouble because they wanted to make the winning ceremony about Austin and McMahon instead of him so they told him to take a Stunner and then get the hell out of the ring.... and after he did they yelled at him for not lying around in the ring selling the Stunner?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't he get in trouble because they wanted to make the winning ceremony about Austin and McMahon instead of him so they told him to take a Stunner and then get the hell out of the ring.... and after he did they yelled at him for not lying around in the ring selling the Stunner?

Yeah. The best bit was the whole competition was rigged, and weren't there people that were way better than him in the competition?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Has anyone ever asked Sting, or has he himself ever addressed, the fact that he's now outright stolen two of his biggest gimmicks from two hugely popular movies where the actors died prematurely? I'm not saying Brandon Lee and Heath Ledger's deaths have anything to do with it, just a coincidence, but I think in both cases it's gone way past a wink and a nod or a parody and it's just actual theft. Especially the recent Joker Sting, where even the plot of 'Dark Knight' was lifted in order for him to do the whole "corrupt Hulk Hogan" storyline, is particularly blatant. And Sting is just awful at it anyway.

Nobody? Really?

:(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LordPants posted:

Yeah. The best bit was the whole competition was rigged, and weren't there people that were way better than him in the competition?

From memory, in my opinion Luke, Jeremiah and Martin were all superior to Andy who mostly just slipped by in the background and had the benefit of being tall. Martin got injured and was forced out of the competition, Jeremiah had the best character but apparently had a real ego, which is something WWE hates (except for when they don't) and when it came down to Luke and Andy, Luke got a shoulder injury and put on some fat/lost some muscle tone.

The whole story they pushed in the final episode was that Luke wasn't taking it seriously and was kind of partying during his final at-home training stretch while working class hero Andy was in Russia running in the snow holding a big log on his back and doing ab-crunches in a barn while Burt Young and Tony Burton egged him on.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Nobody? Really?

:(

All I know is that Scott Hall or Kevin Nash saw someone at a Halloween party and told Sting he should dress like that, without knowing who it was or anything about it. So I'd say he didn't know diddly squat to begin with.

Don't know about the Joker, though.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It's even dumber than that - he was already in FCW as Kevin Hackman before Tough Enough, they released him so he could appear on Tough Enough under his real name, and when he won he was re-hired and sent back to FCW...as Kevin Hackman.

He hasn't done a single thing of note in FCW, as far as I can tell.
Alicia Fox's sister was also in FCW at the same time too and got preferential treatment, even when she was careless and injured Iveliesse (who thankfully got signed a few months ago). The look on The Rock's face after her terrible promo was priceless.

Luke's chances might've also been hurt due to previous work on a gay wrestling promotion/site. Otherwise, he or Martin should've won.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Even from the show you could tell Andy was terrible, but they had no interest in having any of the guys that weren't under contract win, so he was pretty much destined to unless one of the pretty girls blew everyone away. He's never going to make it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
AJ or Eric should have won. They would both be incredible.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Jerusalem posted:

What makes it REALLY stupid is that before the stunner, he bumped from mcmahon slapping him. He bumped on a SLAP. (which got a great "what the gently caress are you doing" look from vince) Then when he took the stunner, he had to get out of the ring, so the slap looked like it hurt him more than the stunner. Plus, when he left the ring area, he did it pretty quickly, (he also remembered to take his belt and shake austin's hand) instead of staggering out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpFTWAOQ9L8&feature=player_detailpage#t=424s

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

jeffersonlives posted:

Even from the show you could tell Andy was terrible, but they had no interest in having any of the guys that weren't under contract win, so he was pretty much destined to unless one of the pretty girls blew everyone away. He's never going to make it.

Andy wasn't that bad. The real problem was the shows gimmicks were made for the smaller guys. He'd never win but usually finish in third. Anyway the guy who should have won and would have won was Donnie Osmond but he got hurt.

That all said, they did little to help him. Another example of WWE burying itself.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Sionistic posted:

What makes it REALLY stupid is that before the stunner, he bumped from mcmahon slapping him. He bumped on a SLAP. (which got a great "what the gently caress are you doing" look from vince) Then when he took the stunner, he had to get out of the ring, so the slap looked like it hurt him more than the stunner. Plus, when he left the ring area, he did it pretty quickly, (he also remembered to take his belt and shake austin's hand) instead of staggering out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpFTWAOQ9L8&feature=player_detailpage#t=424s

Anybody with half a wrestling brain wouldn't have gotten up like that after a stunner, the drat idiot. He will never amount to anything in wrestling if that's the instincts he has going into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Has anyone ever liked the Big Boss Man's ring work? Sure, out of the ring he can be OK (Pepper Steak, Show's dad), but he has never been able to rise above meh to me in terms of actually working. He is low-adequate as a hoss. That's really all I can say.