Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Indolent Bastard posted:

Besides, what you do for a living sir?

I'm Darth Nihilous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yes, very silly. Everyone knows as soon as a model is not getting paid to be in a photo, she'll just sit there and make whatever face happens. You've got me there.

I'm done with this, continue having your fantasies all you like.

I guess we can just discuss America's Got Talent instead.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

-Atom- posted:

I guess we can just discuss America's Got Talent instead.

Or, phones. We'll let Ether Frenzy decide which!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Edit: teaches me to post when I get home from work. Sorry, everybody.

That said, it says a lot that Howard let a loving Wack Packer talk to his beloved wife like that. That's just loving strange.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 17, 2012

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That was the second video posted last page that began the line of other videos being posted.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Again, maybe it's wishful thinking, but in all the photos of Beth and Howard together, do they ever look as intimate as that? Although whenever they are photographed together it's usually some publicity thing, and she's more concerned with posing than acting like she loves Howard.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Best Artie laughs for me are:

Blue Iris prank call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXnDoYx0GE

Prader-Willi story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCEiM3_WLI

and of course, the Mike Walker fart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5tgSeQRrc

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Crotch Bat posted:

Best Artie laughs for me are:

Blue Iris prank call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXnDoYx0GE

Prader-Willi story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCEiM3_WLI

and of course, the Mike Walker fart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5tgSeQRrc

I like how, without food jokes, all Artie knows how to do is "bash the gays."

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
The Mike Walker fart was a life changing day for me.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Stuttering John had the most underrated Stern show laugh. posted this before but it's one of my all time favorite clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VbCJyH7nlc&t=1m6s

perfect example of why John was so good. "Alright let's take a br---- you forget [insert ripping on Flaflaflolee for a couple minutes]"

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IVEMqnqCk0

One of the best prank phone calls, and it has the whole studio cracking up. Artie starts dying.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Burden posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IVEMqnqCk0

One of the best prank phone calls, and it has the whole studio cracking up. Artie starts dying.

I lost it when Richard called up and says "Hey I'm a big No Gravity fan. So, can you guys suck your own cocks?" I don't think anyone is a big No Gravity fan.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Haha

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Haha

"It took some time to win her father Howard over."

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Stern fans are the best holy poo poo

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Now that's funny.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Does anyone have a link to the prank call where they used Riley Martin clips to call a guy named Mike, and Mike's phone was broken or something so it wouldn't hang up even after he slammed the phone down a bunch of times? For some reason, the thought of having this random nut who knows your name talking to you about aliens and being unable to get rid of him always cracked me up.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

picosecond posted:

Does anyone have a link to the prank call where they used Riley Martin clips to call a guy named Mike, and Mike's phone was broken or something so it wouldn't hang up even after he slammed the phone down a bunch of times? For some reason, the thought of having this random nut who knows your name talking to you about aliens and being unable to get rid of him always cracked me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXEIknaOm8Q

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Stern fans are the best holy poo poo

SFN is a complete cesspool but I'll be damned if they don't pull off some hilarious poo poo on occasion.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

prefect posted:

"It took some time to win her father Howard over."

And he's going to be their official photographer!

Jesus that is funny.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Holy poo poo Artie was on Cash Cab with some cousins or something, I cannot loving wait until it airs.

In other N&A news, upper management seems to not only be directing them to be more sports oriented, but they're telling them to "do more characters". They've been making jokes over the last several weeks about Dan having to write down all the characters they're doing, and Artie spent half an interview with a 22 year old female sports reporter as A-Rod trying to get her in bed.

It leads to hilarious tension since Artie clearly doesn't give a gently caress and Nick seems to be genuinely trying to direct it to be more of a sports show but it always amounts to nothing more than verbal floundering between Artie's lines.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Holy Calamity! posted:

Holy poo poo Artie was on Cash Cab with some cousins or something, I cannot loving wait until it airs.

In other N&A news, upper management seems to not only be directing them to be more sports oriented, but they're telling them to "do more characters". They've been making jokes over the last several weeks about Dan having to write down all the characters they're doing, and Artie spent half an interview with a 22 year old female sports reporter as A-Rod trying to get her in bed.

It leads to hilarious tension since Artie clearly doesn't give a gently caress and Nick seems to be genuinely trying to direct it to be more of a sports show but it always amounts to nothing more than verbal floundering between Artie's lines.

That sports reporter seemed a little weirded out when Artie told her at the beginning of the call that she sounded hot. At 22, she probably had no idea who Nick or Artie were.

Also, Nick made an offhand comment (I think last night) that they had to talk more sports so they could land more sports affiliates. Is it feasible for a non-sports channel to pick up the show?

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Sal and Richard's "vocal fry" Tradio call had me near tears from laughing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchudYyeaB4

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Holy Calamity! posted:

Honestly I'm not into sports outside of NHL and MMA but if this is what these guys are putting up with the inevitable conflict between the show and management is going to turn me into a regular listener.

As a pretty much non-sports guy will I be able to enjoy this show?

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Honestly I'm not into sports outside of NHL and MMA but if this is what these guys are putting up with the inevitable conflict between the show and management is going to turn me into a regular listener.

As a pretty much non-sports guy will I be able to enjoy this show?

The only sport I've ever given two shits about was baseball (nowadays not so much), but I still listen to the show every night. Even when they are discussing sports, it inevitably turns into something funny, be it Artie's A-Rod impression, Delonte West loving Lebron's mom, busting Nick's balls about the Red Sox, etc. Even when sports reporters call in, it usually turns into a discussion about something non-sports related. Friday night they had a good discussion about how Dan their producer has tapes of Madonna leaving voice mails on Mark Grace's (baseball player, just in case) answering machine. Apparently they lived together and she was calling to try to hook up with him, and he never called her back.

Also, the listeners who call in are some of the best parts of the show.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Handzy, the insane paranoid Pakistani Canadian kid, has been calling in to Nick and Artie pretty regularly. I think Howard isn't taking his calls anymore?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

porkfriedrice posted:

Is it feasible for a non-sports channel to pick up the show?

K Rock in Fort Myers is a Hot Talk station and they picked up the show. They might have an easier time on non-sports stations, since most of the FOX Sports and ESPN stations just run the network overnight programming. You would think cutting three hours off JT the Brick would be an honorable act for any FOX station.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Best of today. Are they off all week?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

Best of today. Are they off all week?

Probably not:

a different board posted:

He had a long weekend judging AGT in Texas. He "needs a day".
(That's not an Official Source, though.)

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
They're back on Tues. Stern said so last Wed.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Haha

Whoever did this should have the Sal and Richard job of making phony phone calls, but with photoshops.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The Lamentation of my Woman - A photoshop by Howard Stern

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Moniker posted:

I figured she was the racoon-eyed magician type.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
JD is helpless. He unfollowed Kaley Cuoco because she re-tweeted things her boyfriend said, and then followed her again when he got verified hoping she'd be into him then.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I think JD is happier with women he has no chance with, avoids all that awkward contact.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

musclecoder posted:

JD is helpless. He unfollowed Kaley Cuoco because she re-tweeted things her boyfriend said, and then followed her again when he got verified hoping she'd be into him then.

Looks like someone just heard the news brief too! How did JD get to be part of the show? I've only been listening since Sirius.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Looks like someone just heard the news brief too! How did JD get to be part of the show? I've only been listening since Sirius.

Howard likes to make fun of him, then feel bad about it, then make fun of him again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Man, the Nick and Artie show is so much funnier than the Stern show now. I can't even listen to Stern any more, it just bores me. Artie is so goddamn funny I want to throw up sometimes. His sense of humor has gotten so dark that it's straight up anti-social at times, but Artie being dark is the funniest poo poo ever. I'm just worried that one day Artie will snap and assault Dan after he brings in some pink cupcakes or makes a reference to Bloomies or something.