Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

So I guess some people were talking about sexism in Mass Effect 2 because of the way the camera would frequently cut to Miranda's rear end. Unfortunately, it looks like Bioware hasn't learned anything since then, since this game does the exact same thing in the cutscene right before the final mission, in which the camera continually pans across the carefully sculpted rear end of...Admiral Hackett?

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Zedd posted:

Now I want Harbinger-Banshee's. :shepicide:
Banshees that dont do poo poo but taunt you with bad lines? :stare:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Charlie Mopps posted:

This hurts youaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Charlie Mopps posted:

Exactly.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Hah, I didn't know you could kill the pilot of the Atlas before he climbs all the way in sometimes. I heard "Atlas!" from one of my teamates and swung my camera around to see a derpy Cerberus soldier trying to get in. Killed him and went on an Atlas rampage afterwards.

Shouldn't have been taking that smoke break Atlas guy!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Scuzzywuffit posted:

So I guess some people were talking about sexism in Mass Effect 2 because of the way the camera would frequently cut to Miranda's rear end. Unfortunately, it looks like Bioware hasn't learned anything since then, since this game does the exact same thing in the cutscene right before the final mission, in which the camera continually pans across the carefully sculpted rear end of...Admiral Hackett?

That's a direct reference to the intro for your Shepard in the first game. :v:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
Is there anyway to use Gibbed to edit an ME2 save, so that it thinks I finished Overlord. Realized I forgot on my first ME3 playthrough, and I want to do one where I did save the Geth-savant.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

TheSpiritFox posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ7bsIpEKIg

Do not watch that unless you've beaten the game and want to discuss the indoctrination theory, but I think there's a decent bit of merit to the whole thing. I want to believe too.
Isn't all of this completely disproved by having the middle synthesis choice?

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

That's a direct reference to the intro for your Shepard in the first game. :v:

Yeah, but that one was just your back. It never got quite to the point this one did, where it was like

rear end rear end rear end

Edit:

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Isn't all of this completely disproved by having the middle synthesis choice?

But wouldn't that actually make it easier for the Reapers to ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL, since they could then infect people with Reaper code the way they did with the Geth? This was the option that the robokid pushed as the best option, so assuming the Indoctrination Theory is true (which I'm not sure about), it would still fit.

Scuzzywuffit fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 17, 2012

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

When I heard that? I honestly thought that ME3 would end up being kicking the Reapers' asses, then kicking the rear end of said "unknown force" and callin' it a day. Which of course it wasn't, even though that's what Mass Effect is about.

I almost assumed that you'd beat the Reapers and then the post credits scene would be two aliens you'd not seen before discussing the best way to keep order now that the Reaper cycle was broken, just based on the unspoiled complaints about the post credits scene I'd noticed in the thread.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

Scuzzywuffit posted:

Jesus, did Shepard not pay the electric bill or something? Why are all the lights ridiculously dim?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wish I could put some jet thrusters on Kalros and make HER a War Asset.

gently caress them Reapers up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CaptainCarrot posted:

Jesus, did Shepard not pay the electric bill or something? Why are all the lights ridiculously dim?

The Normandy was basically stolen from drydock refits at the beginning of ME3. You can see it in it being half finished.

War Pig
Nov 14, 2007

Civilization is crumbling.
So I just finished Thessia and got the assignment to seek out Cerberus/Kai Leng on Sanctum or some sort of refugee colony. About how far am I through the main quest? I have only one active sidequest right now and I'm worried that the game is going to end when I still want much more out of it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

War Pig posted:

I'm worried that the game is going to end when I still want much more out of it.

I'm not sure what to say other than, "get used to it."

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

War Pig posted:

So I just finished Thessia and got the assignment to seek out Cerberus/Kai Leng on Sanctum or some sort of refugee colony. About how far am I through the main quest? I have only one active sidequest right now and I'm worried that the game is going to end when I still want much more out of it.

I'm going to say about 85% of the way through. You're pretty near the point of no return.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

War Pig posted:

The game gives a very clear warning before you start the mission of no return, and allows you to cancel starting it if you want at that point. You're not at that point yet though.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
So I finally got my N7 CE of the PC version in the mail and have been trying to get it to install for the past half-hour and it refuses to accept the registration code.

It allowed me to use the code on the "Redeem Product Code" portion of the Origin program, and I'm syched to the game on social.bioware.com website with the "From Ashes" bonus content on the registered content page. But it still doesn't acknowledge ME3 itself as a registered game for me and the Origin installer won't take the product registration code and proceed with installation.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Ragnarok the Red posted:

So I finally got my N7 CE of the PC version in the mail and have been trying to get it to install for the past half-hour and it refuses to accept the registration code.

It allowed me to use the code on the "Redeem Product Code" portion of the Origin program, and I'm syched to the game on social.bioware.com website with the "From Ashes" bonus content on the registered content page. But it still doesn't acknowledge ME3 itself as a registered game for me and the Origin installer won't take the product registration code and proceed with installation.

I think you have the wrong code, the one you put in is for the DLC. Check the other pamphlet for the CE key and put that in.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Gosh that anime ninja super assassin is embarrassing for Bioware

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Noxville posted:

I think Bioware desperately wishes Anime Assassin was the most embarrassing thing for them about this game.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Noxville posted:

And yet the flamboyant spanish elf assassin in Dragon Age was awesome

Perhaps the solution to that guy is making him an elf?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

The solution is to make him a bumbling, likeable, but ultimately evil Antonio Banderas.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

CheeseSpawn posted:

I think you have the wrong code, the one you put in is for the DLC. Check the other pamphlet for the CE key and put that in.

:doh: Yep, it was on the top of the back of the installation instructions pamphlet. I'm an idiot. Thanks for the help!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The White Dragon posted:

The solution is to make him a bumbling, likeable, but ultimately evil Antonio Banderas.

Well, I feel like that would work but Bioware's actual solution in Mass Effect 4 is going to be bringing back this guy as also an elf instead. Maybe they used elf cells to regenerate him.

Also, from the ME Wiki page on him: According to the Mass Effect novels, Kai has both Chinese and Russian heritage, with the Chinese being the dominant of the two.

It's like we've regressed to 1960. The red menace is coming!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

The White Dragon posted:

When I heard that? I honestly thought that ME3 would end up being kicking the Reapers' asses, then kicking the rear end of said "unknown force" and callin' it a day. Which of course it wasn't, even though that's what Mass Effect is about.
I initially thought that Shepard would be presented with a dilemma - something along the lines of: destroy the Reapers and save civilisation for now, but doom later generations, or accept defeat so that others may eventually live. That expectation changed later on, as it occurred to me that all this foreshadowing would be perfect for games set after ME3. Shepard can definitively defeat the Reapers now, but this unseen enemy(?) will remain a mystery, and will eventually threaten the galaxy again. The way things actually turned out seems like a wasted opportunity, as well as a poor business decision.

doo doo thief
Jun 5, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Noxville posted:

Judging from the bioware PR response to the critiques of Dragon Age 2's characters I'd say Bioware is less likely 'embarassed' over Leng but rather confused why everyone isn't in love with their latest idiotic and sperg-pandering character insert.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Noxville posted:

The loving MOMENT that dude showed up(literally a minute ago), I was screaming at my TV to let me Charge him. COME THE gently caress ON, BIOWARE, LET ME USE MY POWERS

Manley Pointer
Sep 6, 2010

And yet the flamboyant spanish elf assassin in Dragon Age was awesome

I don't remember spending much time watching cutscenes of Zevran spinning around in the air and twirling his swords in fights reminiscent of The Matrix Reloaded. The cutscene where Kai Leng stabs Thane on the Citadel felt like it was based on some unused storyboards from MGS4.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Serious post for a moment: How does the difficulty scaling on xbox work? Towards the end of the game I was somewhere over level 50 and as a soldier with fully upgraded weapons and juggling maxed out disruptor/armor-piecing ammunition types it was ridiculously hard to bring down Brutes, Banshees and the ninja women. I ended up narrative-moding past the final Kai Leng fight because it was impossible to get past phase 3, and just about every multiple-big-armor fight after that as well. Is there some trick I am missing?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Haha. "That assassin should be embarrassed. A terminally ill Drell stopped him from reaching his target."

Man, I loving hate anybody who is a super-duper perfect anime bishounen type poo poo. Is this dumb loving ninja assassin a major enemy for the rest of the game?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

rotinaj posted:

Haha. "That assassin should be embarrassed. A terminally ill Drell stopped him from reaching his target."

Man, I loving hate anybody who is a super-duper perfect anime bishounen type poo poo. Is this dumb loving ninja assassin a major enemy for the rest of the game?
You know, after watching that cutscene I couldn't help but think "why Thane why oh why didn't you just shoot him in the goddamn legs when you had the drop on him." It would've saved everyone a lot of bother, because he'll be back and gently caress me did I hate his loving guts - and not even because of the silly Future Space Anime Ninja act. Fortunately, though, you get to own the hell out of him before the end.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

What is the deal with this chick who licked a PSP, why is that something to be known for, why is she in this game, why does she have no bearing on anything, what is the loving point?

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Two Finger posted:

What is the deal with this chick who licked a PSP, why is that something to be known for, why is she in this game, why does she have no bearing on anything, what is the loving point?
She's there to make Miranda's face look normal by comparison.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They should have let you shoot Kai Leng out of hand without even breaking your stride like the sword twirling guy in Indiana Jones.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Paolomania posted:

Serious post for a moment: How does the difficulty scaling on xbox work? Towards the end of the game I was somewhere over level 50 and as a soldier with fully upgraded weapons and juggling maxed out disruptor/armor-piecing ammunition types it was ridiculously hard to bring down Brutes, Banshees and the ninja women. I ended up narrative-moding past the final Kai Leng fight because it was impossible to get past phase 3, and just about every multiple-big-armor fight after that as well. Is there some trick I am missing?

Banshees are annoying the whole way through, but Phantoms and Brutes are really manageable.

Brutes can be killed in about a clip from your assault rifle or shotgun with incendiary ammo with maybe a skill each from your teammates.

Phantoms go down fast if you can use a teammate's overload to knock out their barriers, and maybe take 2-3 headshots or 5-6 bullets from an assault rifle with incendiary rounds to kill.

You should also spec your frag grenade to do max damage to shields, and ditch disruptor ammo because it sucks.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Smart Car posted:

She's there to make Miranda's face look normal by comparison.

And to make everyone else's acting appear all that much better in comparison.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
So about that Battlefield Soldier you get in multiplayer, didn't they advertise it as "fully customizable"? Because mine has this bizarre camo skin with a glowing orange splotch on the side, like they wanted to make him look like the guy on the Battlefield box covers. Did they just lie or did I miss something

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I don't think Kai Leng would have been improved if he was a quarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
Yeah it says fully customizable but it turns out it isn't customizable in any way, shape, or form. It is nice that it gets carnage instead of concussive shot, though.

• Locked thread