Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Karkat is objectively the best character :colbert:
Edit: phones are loving stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I can't get over Rose's face.

She's so excited to get knee deep in trashy romance.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!
Oh my god Karkat, oh my god. I'm dying over here.

Also I'm willing to bet that he's talking through his rear end about this kind of thing being any more common among trolls than romance novel shenanigans are applicable to the average human. I just... Oh, Karkat. This is why you're the best.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

If anyone asks, she'll just quickly respond "research".

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

The funny thing is, she's probably happy because she honestly wants to know more about the troll cultural stuff Karkat is trying to push on Dave.

(But also because she's got a trashy romance novel.)

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Brass Key posted:

Also I'm willing to bet that he's talking through his rear end about this kind of thing being any more common among trolls than romance novel shenanigans are applicable to the average human. I just... Oh, Karkat. This is why you're the best.

I'm kind of hoping Kanaya is about to call him out on this, partly because she needs more to do and partly because it would be funny coming from a character who originally sort of represented Twilight fans.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

This is hilarious, how can anyone not want a month of just this.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I :lol:d when I realized the block of text on the book cover is its title.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I still cannot get over that book cover. And Rose stealing the book. And...okay, just about everything from this update. :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A month? This intermission is going to chronicle their journey in real time. Two years of Karkat flipping out and losing it, baby!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Two things:

1) Karkat is proposing an open relationship. Karkat wants an open relationship. I can't even finish parsing how funny that is.

2) "WOOLBEAST MATERIAL" is an absolutely sublime joke that works so hilariously well

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Karkat's autistic, right? That explains his LACK OF VOLUME CONTROL, his obsession with a particular subject, rom coms, and his need to quantify and schedule stuff like this :v:

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
Ok, so I was ready to make a post about how I've been reading Homestuck for ages but this update was what finally broke me on being able to keep up without explanation, but on re-reading I actually think I kind of...get it? My god, I've stared into the abyss of troll feelings for too long. [note:I have read no fanfic and have no desire for such]

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Pakled posted:

Karkat's autistic, right? That explains his LACK OF VOLUME CONTROL, his obsession with a particular subject, rom coms, and his need to quantify and schedule stuff like this :v:

Every character in and fan of Homestuck is autistic.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Pakled posted:

He said that about Nepeta, no idea if it's actually true or if any of them have any mental disorders.

They all probably have troll mental disorders, though, knowing them. Troll mental disorders that are able to be categorized into graphs, disorders too advanced for our mere human brains to comprehend. :v:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Erasure posted:

Every character in and fan of Homestuck is autistic.

Except for Dave and Terezi, who are artistic.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
H... happy St. Patrick's Day everyone?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Dave manages to put on a stoic facade when facing his own death, repeatedly, but give him five minutes with Karkat and he's practically banging on the windows for escape.

No amount of irony can withstand the white-hot blowtorch of Karkat's unyielding, humiliating emotional sincerity.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

this was stupid

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 16, 2014

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Oh my god I can't breathe. The whole thing is too good.

And then rose's face when she steals the book finished the job. Man.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am very worried about what Rose is going to do with that book.

Also, I stopped trying to make sense of what Karkat was suggesting about halfway through it. I choose to interpret this as a good sign.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

quote:

DAVE: you lost me at quadrant
DAVE: for future reference thats the word that always lets me know its time to check out of a sentence

Dave says what we're all thinking.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Yeah usually Karkat's bitching about quadrants is completely hilarious to me but it crossed the line straight into weird territory this time

The atmosphere was mostly salvaged by Rose snatching that book though

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
If you alchemise a Troll Romance book with Complacency of the Learned, who would be the listed author? Is the resulting book all about Troll-Wizards?

...god I hope so.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Somebody, anybody, please translate the title of the book.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Yeah usually Karkat's bitching about quadrants is completely hilarious to me but it crossed the line straight into weird territory this time

The atmosphere was mostly salvaged by Rose snatching that book though

I'm pretty certain that was intentional this time around. No one can use the phrase "LOVE-HATE N-DRANGLES" and not come off like a lunatic. It can't be done.

Our reaction is Dave's - confusion and derision that slowly turns into mounting horror.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'Oh god. Why is this happening?' Perfectly encapsulates this update.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Wrist Watch posted:

Are the characters even legible? They're pretty tiny.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Karkat unironically liking Dane Cook is the most hilarious part.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I have the biggest loving :haw: on my face, you have no idea. I was starting to zone out, but Rose fixed everything.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Nate RFB posted:

Karkat unironically liking Dane Cook is the most hilarious part.
Well he is fourteen, which is obviously the most shameful year.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Erasure posted:

They're mad at him because he insulted the mayor.

This is fair.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, poor Dave. If it's not his Bro burying him in plush rumps, it's Karkat setting up a schedule for a romantic triangle.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
What is going on..

what?

HUH!?

:psybom:

karkat no

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I don't understand why everyone is so confused by Karkat's explanation. I mean, it's a quadruple helical flushed red/black quadrangle interaction, simple really.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Am I the only person who understands perfectly what Karkat is talking about?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
No, I get it too. It's still goddamn weird.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Astro Ambulance posted:

Am I the only person who understands perfectly what Karkat is talking about?

It's not actually that difficult of a concept to wrap one's head around, it's just the Troll-ese and quadrant talk combined sort of make most readers go cross-eyed. Karkat's somewhat clinical and overwrought explanation didn't help.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Wrist Watch posted:

Karkat did that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It isn't hard to figure out the concept, the issue is that the concept kinda quickly leads to... potential gay stuff. Which isn't even a thing for trolls, but I think Dave might be even less of a homosexual than John.