Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
this guy's probably on some fbi list already, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Hammerite posted:

remember that time jimbo wales deleted all that pedo hentai on wikipedia and the sperg tears that followed

he needs to do that again, if only because the :pedophiles: would be hilarious

and they literally took away all his powers for doing it as it was against "community consensus"

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

got dat wmd posted:

wikipedia in a phrase

Maybe not, but at the time I was angry and it expressed my opinion quite ably. Bearing in mind that due to my autism I have next to no impulse control, nor was I gifted with that little filter that usually exists between brain and output device. Accordingly I use the word I find most appropriate, the level of profanity doesn't come into it. My measure is one of relevance, not one of societal appropriateness. --Fred the Oyster (talk) 21:01, 27 December 2011 (UTC)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Trig Discipline posted:

[img-grover-house-falling-down.gif]

:ccb:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

so is that guy dead yet or what

Wikipedia posted:

in the 1980s, anime was accepted in the mainstream in Japan

Oh yeah, pretty much the most important thing about Japan

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
don't you know the great economic expansion of japan in the late 80's to mid 90's was fueled primarily by the export of anime? :confused:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
anime: it's real important ok

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

CaptainMeatpants posted:

never forget

a real thing, which happened.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

This is a depiction of hentai. A well known genre of comics, animations, games and artwork. It is also a big part of Japanese history and culture. I try to be civil, but your words are an insult to everyone that has some basic knowledge about this topic or Japanese culture. -- /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ 苦情処理係 08:51, 11 July 2011 (UTC)

your words are a grievous insult to the Nipponese race. what would the ordinary man or woman on a Kyūshū high street do when confronted with your denial of the beauty and culture of anime sex cartoons? He would weep, sir. he would weep. -- A unicode depiction of a pair of tits

Fermat
Feb 10, 2005

What are the options?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_other_minds

last link in 'see also'

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

simple wikipedia rules

its wikipedia for literal retards

i really wish simple wikipedia was better because then i would use it for those articles you look up and its like 3 fuckin sentences followed by 30 equations
also id like a simple explaination for whats the current deal with quarks and whatnot

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ahmeni posted:

i really wish simple wikipedia was better because then i would use it for those articles you look up and its like 3 fuckin sentences followed by 30 equations
also id like a simple explaination for whats the current deal with quarks and whatnot

well, in the series Quark: Ryukeshuu no Domai (lit. Fingerbanging Earth's Bunghole Let's Go!)...

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

well, in the series Quark: Ryukeshuu no Domai (lit. Fingerbanging Earth's Bunghole Let's Go!)...

quarku-tan... uppu! dowunu! Sooo kawaaiii ^__^

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Hammerite posted:

quarku-tan... uppu! dowunu! Sooo kawaaiii ^__^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawaii

In Japan, cuteness is expected of men and women.[12] There is a trend of men shaving their legs to mimic the "asexual" look.[12] Many Japanese men are drawn to the owner of cute merchandise, because it is reminiscent of little girls,[13] and Japanese women try to act cute to attract men.[12] A study by Kanebo, a cosmetic company, found that Japanese women in their 20s and 30s favored the "cute look" with a "childish round face".[7]

:manning:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

CraigK posted:

he will be once he's caught masturbating in the children's section of blockbuster

graphic novels arent just for kids

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Hammerite posted:

In Japan, cuteness is expected of men and women.[12] There is a trend of men shaving their legs to mimic the "asexual" look.[12] Many Japanese men are drawn to the owner of cute merchandise, because it is reminiscent of little girls,[13] and Japanese women try to act cute to attract men.[12] A study by Kanebo, a cosmetic company, found that Japanese women in their 20s and 30s favored the "cute look" with a "childish round face".[7]

only actual photos on that page, that's really surprising. and no people, either :stare:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hammerite posted:

i believe you are referring to this (anime about halfway down)

right picture, but I was actually referring to the final results page in which same picture came in 7th place

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Hammerite posted:

lol
This is so obviously untrue if you've been to japan. I like how all of the sources are lovely business week articles about wAcKy japan.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Amethyst posted:

lol
This is so obviously untrue if you've been to japan. I like how all of the sources are lovely business week articles about wAcKy japan.

look you may actually have been to the country but I assure you the person that wrote that reads way more blogs about Glorious Nihon than you do I mean can you cite your sources?

I really love how "no original research" has become "real life experience unnecessary"

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/USB_Beverage_Cooler.jpg

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

qirex posted:

look you may actually have been to the country but I assure you the person that wrote that reads way more blogs about Glorious Nihon than you do I mean can you cite your sources?

I really love how "no original research" has become "real life experience unnecessary"

Man 'wants to marry' cartoon character

A man has launched a campaign in Japan to legally allow comic book-loving humans to marry their favourite fictitious characters. More than 1,000 people have signed Taichi Takashita's on-line petition to establish a law permitting marriage to comic characters.

Takashita says he feels more at ease in the "two-dimensional world." He said: "I am no longer interested in three dimensions. I would even like to become a resident of the two-dimensional world. "However, that seems impossible with present-day technology. Therefore, at the very least, would it be possible to legally authorise marriage with a two-dimensional character?"

Comic books known as "manga", animated "anime" films and on-line virtual reality games have become increasingly popular in Japan, with fictitious characters frequently elevated to celebrity status. Among the most high profile of manga fans is the current prime minister Taro Aso. He recently complained he had not had time to read any comic books since taking office last month.

Takashita's petition was launched only days after a woman was jailed in Japan after "killing" her virtual husband after he suddenly divorced her as part of a popular interactive internet game.

One person who supported the petition, wrote: "For a long time I have only been able to fall in love with two-dimensional people and currently I have someone I really love. "Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone. I would like to have legal approval for this system at any cost."

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sweevo posted:

Takashita says he feels more at ease in the "two-dimensional world."

because he's fat

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Nevergirls posted:

because he's fat

yet he loves 3d pizza. how ironic.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Sweevo posted:

lol

Hammerite posted:

-- A unicode depiction of a pair of tits

i thought it was supposed to be a bunny

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

fork bomb posted:

i thought it was supposed to be a bunny

at first i thought boobs then bunny, now i'm just not sure

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

nah
Mar 16, 2009

thems some weird titties

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
what do you expect, they're on a rabbit

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Writer Gary K. Wolf had based Jessica primarily on the cartoon character Red of Tex Avery's Red Hot Riding Hood.[1][2] According to animation director Richard Williams, other inspirations are Lauren Bacall, Rita Hayworth in Gilda (1946), and Veronica Lake (noted for her famous "Peek-A-Boo" hairstyle).[3] Jessica is one of the most famous sex symbols on the animated screen.[4] She claims to Eddie Valiant, "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way," which has become a popular quote. She deeply loves her husband Roger, claiming that he makes her laugh and that he makes a more fitting husband than Goofy. She is shown to have few of the comedic cartoon antics typical of other toons. One such example was her cleavage having a hammerspace ability as one of the weasels searched her (with obvious perverted intent) for Marvin Acme's last will and testament, only to comically get his hand caught in a bear trap and Valiant commenting on the event with a clever pun ("Nice booby trap"). Another could be her mild wild take seeing Judge Doom's scheme involving the Dip, while a subtle effect was added by animator Russell Hall: The bounce of Jessica's bosom was reversed from that of a real woman so that it would bounce up when a real woman's breasts bounce down and vice versa.[5]

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

I put it in a search engine, it's from an anime, salt the earth, etc.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

the guy said on his talk page it was supposed to be tits

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

got dat wmd posted:

the guy said on his talk page it was supposed to be tits

then it must be true

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm afraid that (o Y o) doesn't meet my ascii titposting requirements.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
ncws that please

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

If I saw boobs like that I would jump out a window

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
just saw on the news that CamH is dead, goondolences to his family

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

LP97S posted:

I put it in a search engine, it's from an anime, salt the earth, etc.

what search engine, google gives me nothing

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

ymgve posted:

what search engine, google gives me nothing

Put it in quotes, results in English, it's a tumblr, rule 07.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
oh, that...thing.

was a bit hard to coerce google, though, it basically interpreted my searches as 人人 instead